Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #41
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigewithpanache View Post
So to announce...
I will soon be a proud (hopefully) owner of a Cricut Create! I decided to go that route and try it out first before I really invested in one. I bought a used one on ebay and seller had 100% feedback...so hopefully it will be a really good learning experience and not a headache. :/
Everyone has been EXTREMELY helpful and will now have all this great information for future purchase. But now I have another question, scal or any program like that work for the Cricut Create? Any friendly tips my SCS friends?? Or cartridges for sale?? lol
Thanks!!
Congratulations on your Create. I have one too & I really love her. She's the machine I beat up all the time. I use her to cut foam and polymer clay items with. Be careful updating her because some members are reporting after updating they can not use their cartridges or Gypsy with the Create. It's an either or thing. A few members have reported both. Of course you don't have a Gypsy. I would hate for you to not be able to use your cartridges. You will have to update to use Cricut Craft Room though and that might make your cartridges unusable. PC is supposed to be working on an update. Updates and Cricut are a sore subject with many users. PC has had a reputation in the past of not providing consistent or trustworthy updates. The company has a new CEO now so I am hoping this will change. I was in CCR the other day and say the link is coming for us to transfer our cartridges from our Gypsy's to CCR. Ask me two weeks ago if I had faith in that and I would have shook my head no. Create is no longer being made but still supported. PC is wanting to concentrate on the new machines, understandably.

No third party program will work with the Create unless you already own the third party software before the lawsuits. Cricut Craft Room you can buy carts digitally but you can not import SVG's or other files. CCR only works with PC's designs. CCR you must be connected to the Internet. CCR does give away lots of freebies. Like last week they have four cuts from Create A Critter 2. That was really nice. Of course you can use your carts with CCR.

Forums- Scrapbook.com has a really nice Cricut forum. It's not very active but it's knowledgeable. There is also a Cricut sticky over here with several knowledgeable users. Cricut's own forum was nice but many members have left over the years due to how hateful the board can get.

The Circle is nice. I am not a member. It's $80 a year or something like 1300 or 1700 Reward points. I can't remember off the top of my head. Look at the benefits too see if it's worth the money too you. Since PC is releasing all the Circle cartridges to the non-Circle members I have decided not to join and use my points & money for other cartridges. Many of the girls over at the Circle are very kind and have big hearts.

MyPinkStamper (Robyn) has an excellent Cricut blog that will give you tons of info. She has tons of You Tube videos too. There is a book out about the Cricut. It's for the Expressions but lots of good things on the other machines too. AboveRubyStudios has a DVD and lot of info on their site. I got the DVD and book from my library.

Your right you can't use the Imagine cartridges in the Create. I do have an Imagine. I really love that machine. I do think it's being discontinued with the Gypsy. I have learned how to refill my own ink cartridges. The machine is huge, heavy and very cumbersome. It's the most accurate cutting Cricut I ever had. My DH bought mine for a surprise.

If you do buy cartridges look for sales. Don't fall into the trend or got to have popular trap. I say that because Cricut users do all the time. If anybody is shaking their head no I am shaking my finger at you because you know it's true.

My other tip look for lots of blogs that fit your niche. Love Anya images, for example, type in something like Anya Cricut and you should find some good blogs. Those are where the hidden gems are and tons of help that will fit your personality.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams

Last edited by lylacfey; 09-08-2012 at 12:39 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-08-2012, 04:24 AM   #42
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherMeg View Post
The Sizzix Eclips cuts from both carts and great open design software. It has more force than the Cameo, as well.

Pretty much anything but a Cricut, IMO (and I do have an Expression, so I'm not just hating on the Cricut to be a witch).
The Eclips is awesome, the PTA just bought one for the teachers and I am training them on it, it is fab! It cuts really intricate shapes, I can use a cart or ECAL software which is great and so easy! I am use to it because I have a Cricut and i used SCAL2 but side by side the Cricut compared to the eclipse there is no comparison, the Eclipse cuts faster and more precise and the mats, blades and cratridges are cheaper! Oh my Crafts and SVG cuts have the Eclipse bundled for about $300, I'd get that if and when I need a new cutter!
Old 09-08-2012, 05:05 AM   #43
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
Congratulations on your Create. I have one too & I really love her. She's the machine I beat up all the time. I use her to cut foam and polymer clay items with. Be careful updating her because some members are reporting after updating they can not use their cartridges or Gypsy with the Create. It's an either or thing. A few members have reported both. Of course you don't have a Gypsy. I would hate for you to not be able to use your cartridges. You will have to update to use Cricut Craft Room though and that might make your cartridges unusable. PC is supposed to be working on an update. Updates and Cricut are a sore subject with many users. PC has had a reputation in the past of not providing consistent or trustworthy updates. The company has a new CEO now so I am hoping this will change. I was in CCR the other day and say the link is coming for us to transfer our cartridges from our Gypsy's to CCR. Ask me two weeks ago if I had faith in that and I would have shook my head no. Create is no longer being made but still supported. PC is wanting to concentrate on the new machines, understandably.

No third party program will work with the Create unless you already own the third party software before the lawsuits. Cricut Craft Room you can buy carts digitally but you can not import SVG's or other files. CCR only works with PC's designs. CCR you must be connected to the Internet. CCR does give away lots of freebies. Like last week they have four cuts from Create A Critter 2. That was really nice. Of course you can use your carts with CCR.

Forums- Scrapbook.com has a really nice Cricut forum. It's not very active but it's knowledgeable. There is also a Cricut sticky over here with several knowledgeable users. Cricut's own forum was nice but many members have left over the years due to how hateful the board can get.

The Circle is nice. I am not a member. It's $80 a year or something like 1300 or 1700 Reward points. I can't remember off the top of my head. Look at the benefits too see if it's worth the money too you. Since PC is releasing all the Circle cartridges to the non-Circle members I have decided not to join and use my points & money for other cartridges. Many of the girls over at the Circle are very kind and have big hearts.

MyPinkStamper (Robyn) has an excellent Cricut blog that will give you tons of info. She has tons of You Tube videos too. There is a book out about the Cricut. It's for the Expressions but lots of good things on the other machines too. AboveRubyStudios has a DVD and lot of info on their site. I got the DVD and book from my library.

Your right you can't use the Imagine cartridges in the Create. I do have an Imagine. I really love that machine. I do think it's being discontinued with the Gypsy. I have learned how to refill my own ink cartridges. The machine is huge, heavy and very cumbersome. It's the most accurate cutting Cricut I ever had. My DH bought mine for a surprise.

If you do buy cartridges look for sales. Don't fall into the trend or got to have popular trap. I say that because Cricut users do all the time. If anybody is shaking their head no I am shaking my finger at you because you know it's true.

My other tip look for lots of blogs that fit your niche. Love Anya images, for example, type in something like Anya Cricut and you should find some good blogs. Those are where the hidden gems are and tons of help that will fit your personality.
Lol Thanks for the laugh this morning! When you were talking about not falling into a trap I was thinking how true that was and then read how you were shaking your finger , I got a good laugh out of it!! Thanks for watching my back! I couldn't agree more though! I know there are a lot of haters out there no matter what machine you have. So you really have to have an open mind when looking and consider facts , options and value. I am concerned with the Cricut, but will give her a fair try. I am going to keep cartridges to a very minimal to start with until I see if I want to continue in the Cricut line.
Both the eCraft and the eClips really appealed to me, so we will see what direction this will go . I figure to if the Cricut didnt work out, I can always sell the few carts I have,...but really I'm hoping that will not have to happen.
Thanks for all the good info. !
Old 09-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #44
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaymay View Post
The Eclips is awesome, the PTA just bought one for the teachers and I am training them on it, it is fab! It cuts really intricate shapes, I can use a cart or ECAL software which is great and so easy! I am use to it because I have a Cricut and i used SCAL2 but side by side the Cricut compared to the eclipse there is no comparison, the Eclipse cuts faster and more precise and the mats, blades and cratridges are cheaper! Oh my Crafts and SVG cuts have the Eclipse bundled for about $300, I'd get that if and when I need a new cutter!
That is a fantatic deal! If I end up deciding to go with the eClips, I hope that deal is still being offered.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

So excited as my shipment of Silhouette Cameos will be here on Tuesday. I want to play with mine so bad...lol.
blessings.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #46
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtchick View Post
So excited as my shipment of Silhouette Cameos will be here on Tuesday. I want to play with mine so bad...lol.
blessings.
Amber, would love to hear what you think of the new machine.

I am a life artist and love it!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #47
Rubber Obsessor

Good news for all the Imagine users who are needing more ink. I had to call PC customer service last week about a black ink issue I was having. CS said HP 97 & 98 are the exact same ink cartridges as the ones made for the Imagine. I went to Staples & purchased the 98 refill. Works perfectly. Same cartridge except has a different label.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgolby View Post
Good news for all the Imagine users who are needing more ink. I had to call PC customer service last week about a black ink issue I was having. CS said HP 97 & 98 are the exact same ink cartridges as the ones made for the Imagine. I went to Staples & purchased the 98 refill. Works perfectly. Same cartridge except has a different label.
How much are those refills? I found out too that you could get your old ink cartridges refilled. I might try that if it is cheaper.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #49
Rubber Obsessor

I paid $25 for the HP 98 refill.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #50
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Just reread your post and thought I would update; I received my machine Wed. and everything was well packaged, excited to set up and get started...no blades!! Oh NOOO!!!! Contacted seller and he was either going to send them or refund cost of blades , and I had him to do the refund so I wouldn't have to wait for the shipping. Husband was working in town with a Joann's and picked them up for me. Due to doctors appt. etc. I didn't get to try it out until last night.... As soon as you connect Cricut with the USB it wanted to update. I did thinking I had to. So after I installed blade and clicked button to load mat nothing happened, I was starting to get stressed about it thinking I would have to send it back. I tried trouble shoot and that wasn't it,
Then I went and got the laptop and decided to link it again and maybe see if I could find any information on my issue. I opened my Craft Room for Cricut and I was drawn into trying something out with free patterns to see , just in case if it would work through my computer. Worked PERFECT!! So yes I think it is the update that causes that. I will try again to see if it will work on cartridge alone but its not likely.... I purchased a new Cartridge on ebay and linked it to my Craft Room so I can still use the cartridges even if I can't use it as stand alone, but may still have to possibly use the computer for designing. But that is ok since I didn't pay much for machine.
As far as future purchase???.....I was having so much fun with it last , most definitely !! I still have mixed feelings though as to which machine to buy.
I REALLY do like Cricuts cartridges alot!! And thought if I go that route I would go with the Expression 2 because then you have use either cartridge and use the 12" mat. Plus I like the fact that Joanns and Michaels carry them and their supplies if I need something.
Sizzix eclips-from the way it sounds, is more of a stable machine?? I haven't been 'sold' on what they have in the way of patterns and cartridges. If I saw more examples maybe I would feel differently. As far as the cost, I do not think I would save anything versus the Cricut line .
I wish they made a machine that you could use Cricut and eClips cartidges and be compatable. Like the die cutters are(CB,BS,etc.).
Old 09-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #51
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm so glad you're enjoying your new Cricut. Since I got mine I've used it on almost every single card I make now. And the ebay prices for the cartridges really make them more affordable now.
What cartridges have are you starting with? I'm not sure if it was in this thread or another one where people were listing the carts that sort of give you the most for your money. If you're interested I'm sure you could get another list of suggestions - everybody has their favorites, but there are some cartridges that are really jam packed with options.

One other thing through, please go to the cricut.com message board and read the opinions of the Expression versus the Expression 2. I think the general concensus is that the Expression 2 is a little more problematic than the original Expression. But I think almost everyone agrees that the Imagine is the most finicky of all their machines.

Also remember if you ever want to use your Create as a stand alone with carts only, you will have to post date it to an earlier build.

I have 4 Cricut machines now! Two Originals , an Expression and a Create. All of them are linked to my Gypsy except the Create. And all of them were dirt cheap ( used from ebay or clearance priced at Joanns and Amazon). Out of all of them I use my Originals the most.

Keep us posted on how you're doing!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #52
Stazon Splitcoast

Paige,
I am so excited for you and your purchase! You really have to go with what you like the best and what is your style of images, etc.

I have to tell you that I purchased the Mini machine this week at Joann's since it was on sale. I am adding it to my collection of Cricut machines and so far I love it!!! It is so light and small and can virtually sit anywhere on your desk. The only thing is I have had trouble updating to my Gypsy. However, I posted a thread on the Cricut messageboard and one of PC's representatives recognized my issue and is calling me on Monday to correct. I have to say PC is really stepping up to making their customer's happy. I do believe they have had to recognize the issues with customer service and are striving to make it better. So far, the Mini works well with Cricut Craft Room and with my cartridges. I love the smoothness of the cuts and it can handle very intricate cuts too.

Have fun exploring your machine. BTW, if you want a bigger machine I definitely recommend the Expression over the E2. Just a good old hardy machine and I have 2 E's and had no problems with either of them. The E2 is just much more complicated to work with.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:39 AM   #53
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Just reread your post and thought I would update; I received my machine Wed. and everything was well packaged, excited to set up and get started...no blades!! Oh NOOO!!!! Contacted seller and he was either going to send them or refund cost of blades , and I had him to do the refund so I wouldn't have to wait for the shipping. Husband was working in town with a Joann's and picked them up for me. Due to doctors appt. etc. I didn't get to try it out until last night.... As soon as you connect Cricut with the USB it wanted to update. I did thinking I had to. So after I installed blade and clicked button to load mat nothing happened, I was starting to get stressed about it thinking I would have to send it back. I tried trouble shoot and that wasn't it,
Then I went and got the laptop and decided to link it again and maybe see if I could find any information on my issue. I opened my Craft Room for Cricut and I was drawn into trying something out with free patterns to see , just in case if it would work through my computer. Worked PERFECT!! So yes I think it is the update that causes that. I will try again to see if it will work on cartridge alone but its not likely.... I purchased a new Cartridge on ebay and linked it to my Craft Room so I can still use the cartridges even if I can't use it as stand alone, but may still have to possibly use the computer for designing. But that is ok since I didn't pay much for machine.
As far as future purchase???.....I was having so much fun with it last , most definitely !! I still have mixed feelings though as to which machine to buy.
I REALLY do like Cricuts cartridges alot!! And thought if I go that route I would go with the Expression 2 because then you have use either cartridge and use the 12" mat. Plus I like the fact that Joanns and Michaels carry them and their supplies if I need something.
Sizzix eclips-from the way it sounds, is more of a stable machine?? I haven't been 'sold' on what they have in the way of patterns and cartridges. If I saw more examples maybe I would feel differently. As far as the cost, I do not think I would save anything versus the Cricut line .
I wish they made a machine that you could use Cricut and eClips cartidges and be compatable. Like the die cutters are(CB,BS,etc.).
I was really worried about you updating the Create. I am so happy it went well and relieved. You are in a really good spot as a new Cricut user because you can link your cartridges through CCR. Long time users who are Gypsy users can't do this. Once you link to Gypsy you can't link to CCR as it stands now. I have a Gypsy.

I packed away my die cutter's earlier this morning, technically since I am a night owl. I only have the Cameo now. I am designing more than using cartridges. I knew it was time for me. I know I will probably end up digging it out again in a few months, lol. I have a soft spot for Cricut. I always will. I love to hear all the posts of the different machine us Cricut girls collect. I know some crafter's roll their eyes at our collection. That is part of the fun is collecting the machines.

Machines that provide designs like Cricut, Cameo and Sizzix. You also have the Slice but it is slowly fading away and I don't think it's a true die cutter when your looking at Roland or Graphtec machines. I loved my Slice when it worked right. Personally for me I like the Cricut images. I am into Kawaii, Scrolls, flourishes, etc.... Cameo's library is really not my style. I do love Sizzix designs but for some reason I don't like them in cartridge format. I prefer those designs in steel rule probably because I use those type of designs in heavier work.

E2 is not stable but does cut more accurately than the E1. Most E1 users complain of wonky scallops, wonky circles and other miscuts with the original E. Some users do not have this problem. It's a bit of a lottery with the E. E2 does a lot better job for accurate cutting but it does get finicky with firmware updates. I think it was an update a few months ago that rendered the E2 useless in CCR and the Gypsy. Everyone was stuck waiting for the update that would fix these problems. PC is notorious for taking ages to get updates out to fix these things. I will be realistic it's usually a month and that is being generous for a new update to be released to fix problems. Then sometimes the updates cause more problems.

I would like to add I never had a problem updating any of my Cricut items. I do have a method of updating that is hard core but works for me. I think I skirt a lot of the issues. I do get paranoid every single time I have to update.

I think you are leaning more towards a cartridge base machine. Definitely with cartridge base machines you have to find what fits your personality. Some girls love Slice designs. Some girls love Cricut. Some girls love Sizzix.

You can download Silhouette Studio for free and play with their software. You can also look at their store to see if any of the images appeal to you. If you want to move into designing your own files with a mix of buying files from the store.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:59 AM   #54
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewnmachine View Post
I'm so glad you're enjoying your new Cricut. Since I got mine I've used it on almost every single card I make now. And the ebay prices for the cartridges really make them more affordable now.
What cartridges have are you starting with? I'm not sure if it was in this thread or another one where people were listing the carts that sort of give you the most for your money. If you're interested I'm sure you could get another list of suggestions - everybody has their favorites, but there are some cartridges that are really jam packed with options.

One other thing through, please go to the cricut.com message board and read the opinions of the Expression versus the Expression 2. I think the general concensus is that the Expression 2 is a little more problematic than the original Expression. But I think almost everyone agrees that the Imagine is the most finicky of all their machines.

Also remember if you ever want to use your Create as a stand alone with carts only, you will have to post date it to an earlier build.

I have 4 Cricut machines now! Two Originals , an Expression and a Create. All of them are linked to my Gypsy except the Create. And all of them were dirt cheap ( used from ebay or clearance priced at Joanns and Amazon). Out of all of them I use my Originals the most.

Keep us posted on how you're doing!
I replied last night from my phone but it didn't get posted :/
I did find a list on that , Thank you! Right now I only have the basic that is in the Craft Room, and 1 Lite cartridge I bought on ebay. I have my eyes set on the Artiste because I think it looks like a really good starter library!! That one is packed with a punch! haha
Thanks for heads up on E2 .I am gong to look into it. The Imagine cartridges do not work in the reg, Expression do they?? I really like how easy the Create is to use!! Minus the fact I can't use it as a stand alone machine because of the update.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:07 AM   #55
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Paige,
I am so excited for you and your purchase! You really have to go with what you like the best and what is your style of images, etc.

I have to tell you that I purchased the Mini machine this week at Joann's since it was on sale. I am adding it to my collection of Cricut machines and so far I love it!!! It is so light and small and can virtually sit anywhere on your desk. The only thing is I have had trouble updating to my Gypsy. However, I posted a thread on the Cricut messageboard and one of PC's representatives recognized my issue and is calling me on Monday to correct. I have to say PC is really stepping up to making their customer's happy. I do believe they have had to recognize the issues with customer service and are striving to make it better. So far, the Mini works well with Cricut Craft Room and with my cartridges. I love the smoothness of the cuts and it can handle very intricate cuts too.

Have fun exploring your machine. BTW, if you want a bigger machine I definitely recommend the Expression over the E2. Just a good old hardy machine and I have 2 E's and had no problems with either of them. The E2 is just much more complicated to work with.
So you second the motion of the E2 haha I really appreciate everyone's help so much!! I will definitely look into that. That mini sounds appealing since I have such limited space too.Especially if I have to use computer anyway. Does it use the 6" or 12" mat? And the Imagine cartridge can't be used in the reg. Expression can it??
Old 09-16-2012, 05:27 AM   #56
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I was really worried about you updating the Create. I am so happy it went well and relieved. You are in a really good spot as a new Cricut user because you can link your cartridges through CCR. Long time users who are Gypsy users can't do this. Once you link to Gypsy you can't link to CCR as it stands now. I have a Gypsy.

I packed away my die cutter's earlier this morning, technically since I am a night owl. I only have the Cameo now. I am designing more than using cartridges. I knew it was time for me. I know I will probably end up digging it out again in a few months, lol. I have a soft spot for Cricut. I always will. I love to hear all the posts of the different machine us Cricut girls collect. I know some crafter's roll their eyes at our collection. That is part of the fun is collecting the machines.

Machines that provide designs like Cricut, Cameo and Sizzix. You also have the Slice but it is slowly fading away and I don't think it's a true die cutter when your looking at Roland or Graphtec machines. I loved my Slice when it worked right. Personally for me I like the Cricut images. I am into Kawaii, Scrolls, flourishes, etc.... Cameo's library is really not my style. I do love Sizzix designs but for some reason I don't like them in cartridge format. I prefer those designs in steel rule probably because I use those type of designs in heavier work.

E2 is not stable but does cut more accurately than the E1. Most E1 users complain of wonky scallops, wonky circles and other miscuts with the original E. Some users do not have this problem. It's a bit of a lottery with the E. E2 does a lot better job for accurate cutting but it does get finicky with firmware updates. I think it was an update a few months ago that rendered the E2 useless in CCR and the Gypsy. Everyone was stuck waiting for the update that would fix these problems. PC is notorious for taking ages to get updates out to fix these things. I will be realistic it's usually a month and that is being generous for a new update to be released to fix problems. Then sometimes the updates cause more problems.

I would like to add I never had a problem updating any of my Cricut items. I do have a method of updating that is hard core but works for me. I think I skirt a lot of the issues. I do get paranoid every single time I have to update.

I think you are leaning more towards a cartridge base machine. Definitely with cartridge base machines you have to find what fits your personality. Some girls love Slice designs. Some girls love Cricut. Some girls love Sizzix.

You can download Silhouette Studio for free and play with their software. You can also look at their store to see if any of the images appeal to you. If you want to move into designing your own files with a mix of buying files from the store.
At this point , I really do not have interest in the Gypsy. I have some problems with my eyes and I'm afraid I would be able to see to navigate good with it??? Also , sounds like a lot of confusion with that due to compatability issues.
The reason I was leaning towards cartridge base , was hoping to be able to use as a stand alone if need be. Not so sure that will happen anyway so I'm not completely tied to that idea anymore. I just really like Cricut cartridges.
I just may take your suggestion too about downloading SS so I can see if it appeals to me. I know the machine itself did before.
Another thing I'm hung on , is it is really nice knowing Joann's or Michaels carry Cricut line of products in case I need accessories and do not want to pay shipping. If those stores carried the Cameo or eClips that would really be nice.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:26 AM   #57
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I replied last night from my phone but it didn't get posted :/
I did find a list on that , Thank you! Right now I only have the basic that is in the Craft Room, and 1 Lite cartridge I bought on ebay. I have my eyes set on the Artiste because I think it looks like a really good starter library!! That one is packed with a punch! haha
Thanks for heads up on E2 .I am gong to look into it. The Imagine cartridges do not work in the reg, Expression do they?? I really like how easy the Create is to use!! Minus the fact I can't use it as a stand alone machine because of the update.
You can revert the Create back to standalone if you use Cricut Design Studio. It's the old design program for the Cricut before CCR and Gypsy came out. Lots of people still use it. It is free to use but you can only cut with the cartridge your machine came with such as the Create- Don Juan. You can revert back the firmware for free. Then your machine will be standalone again. Cricut moved the DS download when they redid their site but apparently it's hidden somewhere. PC will give you the link. Somebody might see this and post the link.

No, Imagine cartridges will only work in the E2 and Imagine. I don't know if they will work in the Mini. Create, Expressions and original Cricut don't have a slot to fit the Imagine cartridges. There is a small workaround for the Expressions but you have to use CCR- Cricut CraftRoom Blog: Using Imagine Art cartridges in the Cricut Expression

The Imagine cartridges only Print the designs with the Imagine. E2 will only cut a silhouette and no printing.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #58
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
So you second the motion of the E2 haha I really appreciate everyone's help so much!! I will definitely look into that. That mini sounds appealing since I have such limited space too.Especially if I have to use computer anyway. Does it use the 6" or 12" mat? And the Imagine cartridge can't be used in the reg. Expression can it??
The Mini mat's are 8 1/2 x 12 in size. You can use the other Cricut mats in it.

I do have a workaround. You can cut a 12 inch mat down to size to work in the Mini. You can also make your own mats using Dollar Tree cutting mats or quilting templates. In your favorite search engine type in make your own die cutting mats. You will get a lot of great tutorials.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:38 AM   #59
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
At this point , I really do not have interest in the Gypsy. I have some problems with my eyes and I'm afraid I would be able to see to navigate good with it??? Also , sounds like a lot of confusion with that due to compatability issues.
The reason I was leaning towards cartridge base , was hoping to be able to use as a stand alone if need be. Not so sure that will happen anyway so I'm not completely tied to that idea anymore. I just really like Cricut cartridges.
I just may take your suggestion too about downloading SS so I can see if it appeals to me. I know the machine itself did before.
Another thing I'm hung on , is it is really nice knowing Joann's or Michaels carry Cricut line of products in case I need accessories and do not want to pay shipping. If those stores carried the Cameo or eClips that would really be nice.
I squint using the Gypsy. I don't want wrinkles caused by the Gypsy. PC has caused me enough headaches. I don't want them to be the cause of wrinkles.

A few Michael's are carrying Silhouette and Sizzix products. Right now it's only a test market. My Michael's does not have these products. Post above I have a hint about making mats. I buy my blades off of Ebay. I use Roland carbide blades. Cricut blades are Roland blades.

For Silhouette Cameo owners. I use Roland Carbide blades in my Silhouette too. My DH made me a blade holder to fit my Silhouette that takes Roland blades. I know you can buy these holders online for your Cameo's. I really hated the blade holder that came with the Cameo. I was avoiding my Cameo like the plague because of it. I have not lost any intricacy and have better cutting results now with my new blade holder.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:16 AM   #60
Insane Embellisher

Congratulations on your Create!

I went straight to an E2, never having owned any Cricut machine before, and have found it very easy and simple to operate; guess there was nothing to compare it to! I love it and have a bundle of cartridges, which I've been lucky to find on sale and through ebay as well.

My experience with PC Customer Service has also been great, whether it's been questions about the E2, updating or the Gypsy.

Best of luck and enjoy your machine. Your imagination and creativity will go crazy with your new toy!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:20 AM   #61
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
You can revert the Create back to standalone if you use Cricut Design Studio. It's the old design program for the Cricut before CCR and Gypsy came out. Lots of people still use it. It is free to use but you can only cut with the cartridge your machine came with such as the Create- Don Juan. You can revert back the firmware for free. Then your machine will be standalone again. Cricut moved the DS download when they redid their site but apparently it's hidden somewhere. PC will give you the link. Somebody might see this and post the link.

No, Imagine cartridges will only work in the E2 and Imagine. I don't know if they will work in the Mini. Create, Expressions and original Cricut don't have a slot to fit the Imagine cartridges. There is a small workaround for the Expressions but you have to use CCR- Cricut CraftRoom Blog: Using Imagine Art cartridges in the Cricut Expression

The Imagine cartridges only Print the designs with the Imagine. E2 will only cut a silhouette and no printing.
Thank you for pointing that out to me! And my used machine did not come with any cartridges. I guess I won't worry about the stand alone feature at this point because I don't want to limit my design choices.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:25 AM   #62
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
The Mini mat's are 8 1/2 x 12 in size. You can use the other Cricut mats in it.

I do have a workaround. You can cut a 12 inch mat down to size to work in the Mini. You can also make your own mats using Dollar Tree cutting mats or quilting templates. In your favorite search engine type in make your own die cutting mats. You will get a lot of great tutorials.
Thank you! Great tip if I am in need for mat and can't go to store where there sell them(about 40 miles away), DG is only a couple blocks!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:33 AM   #63
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I squint using the Gypsy. I don't want wrinkles caused by the Gypsy. PC has caused me enough headaches. I don't want them to be the cause of wrinkles.

A few Michael's are carrying Silhouette and Sizzix products. Right now it's only a test market. My Michael's does not have these products. Post above I have a hint about making mats. I buy my blades off of Ebay. I use Roland carbide blades. Cricut blades are Roland blades.

For Silhouette Cameo owners. I use Roland Carbide blades in my Silhouette too. My DH made me a blade holder to fit my Silhouette that takes Roland blades. I know you can buy these holders online for your Cameo's. I really hated the blade holder that came with the Cameo. I was avoiding my Cameo like the plague because of it. I have not lost any intricacy and have better cutting results now with my new blade holder.
lol have fun with those wrinkles!
Michaels is an hour from me so even with that sometimes I have to place order online. :/ I will look into the blades for my machine. You were refering to the Cricut that you use them in right?
You have a lot of great tips! Thank you
Old 09-17-2012, 04:38 AM   #64
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp3 View Post
Congratulations on your Create!

I went straight to an E2, never having owned any Cricut machine before, and have found it very easy and simple to operate; guess there was nothing to compare it to! I love it and have a bundle of cartridges, which I've been lucky to find on sale and through ebay as well.

My experience with PC Customer Service has also been great, whether it's been questions about the E2, updating or the Gypsy.

Best of luck and enjoy your machine. Your imagination and creativity will go crazy with your new toy!!!
Thank you I had a blast with it last night. I have several projects I have to get caught up on. The E2 looks like a great machine and I almost started with that myself.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #65
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yes the mat is 6x12 size for the Mini. Lovin' it!

Imagine carts can only be used in the Imagine or E2 machines.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #66
Polyshrink Goddess

lylacfey,

So, if I just get Roland blades they will fit my Cricut machines?

HERE
is a link to an ebay page with Roland blades. Could you look at it and tell me if one of them will work in my Cricuts?

I can see some that resemble my Cricut blades but I don't know about the 45 and 60 degree angle ones?
Could you link to the ones your buy for your cricuts?
Old 09-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #67
Polyshrink Goddess

Paige,

The Artiste cartridge seems to have alot of 3D/Box type cuts. Which is fine, but take a look at the Art Philosophy cartridge and the Ultimate Sampler cartridges too.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #68
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Paige,

The Artiste cartridge seems to have alot of 3D/Box type cuts. Which is fine, but take a look at the Art Philosophy cartridge and the Ultimate Sampler cartridges too.
Yes I like that one a lot. I looked up the 2 you mentioned and I really like the Art Philosophy a lot too. So many I would love to have!!!
OTS... Your picture reminds me-today I went to local sewing machine store and picked up a copy of my owners manual for my Baby Lock (Original was lost with moving) so now I can use my machine again for some fun projects! So excited!!
Old 09-20-2012, 01:06 AM   #69
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
lylacfey,

So, if I just get Roland blades they will fit my Cricut machines?

HERE
is a link to an ebay page with Roland blades. Could you look at it and tell me if one of them will work in my Cricuts?

I can see some that resemble my Cricut blades but I don't know about the 45 and 60 degree angle ones?
Could you link to the ones your buy for your cricuts?
That link is for the correct blades. 45 degree blades are what the normal Cricut blades are. 60 degree blades are the Cricut deep cut blades. ProvoCraft doesn't sell the 30 degree blades. You can use the 30 degree blades if you do a lot of vinyl. Apparently the 30 degree blades weed better for vinyl. If that makes sense. I am posting on one of those exhausted days, lol.

I don't have a particular seller I buy from. I buy from whoever I get the cheapest price.

I did unbury one of my Cricut from storage. I saw those beautiful bookmarks for the freebie. I had to have them. It's not like I couldn't have made my own bookmarks or I could have found a similar design. No, I needed those bookmarks, lol. I used my Imagine. I have never done anything crazy with my Imagine. When I did use her I was overprotective. I was cutting out my design, mat spit out across the room like usual, and then I went to cut again and the machine made this horrible grinding noise. I turned it off, waited for my DH to diagnose it. He took the machine apart and a pin from the machine flew from the front to the back. My DH said the machine is not the best constructed. Well, he said other things but they were not nice & I can't post them.

I dragged out my old Aqua Expressions. I should say my DH did because I just need those bookmarks, lol. I actually used CCR to cut with. Surprisingly my machine liked CCR and I liked it too. I am officially down to one Cricut now. My DH used the Create to fix the Imagine. Then after he fixed the Imagine something else went wrong. That machine is too quirky for me. It was nice while it lasted.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #70
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
That link is for the correct blades. 45 degree blades are what the normal Cricut blades are. 60 degree blades are the Cricut deep cut blades. ProvoCraft doesn't sell the 30 degree blades. You can use the 30 degree blades if you do a lot of vinyl. Apparently the 30 degree blades weed better for vinyl. If that makes sense. I am posting on one of those exhausted days, lol.

I don't have a particular seller I buy from. I buy from whoever I get the cheapest price.

I did unbury one of my Cricut from storage. I saw those beautiful bookmarks for the freebie. I had to have them. It's not like I couldn't have made my own bookmarks or I could have found a similar design. No, I needed those bookmarks, lol. I used my Imagine. I have never done anything crazy with my Imagine. When I did use her I was overprotective. I was cutting out my design, mat spit out across the room like usual, and then I went to cut again and the machine made this horrible grinding noise. I turned it off, waited for my DH to diagnose it. He took the machine apart and a pin from the machine flew from the front to the back. My DH said the machine is not the best constructed. Well, he said other things but they were not nice & I can't post them.

I dragged out my old Aqua Expressions. I should say my DH did because I just need those bookmarks, lol. I actually used CCR to cut with. Surprisingly my machine liked CCR and I liked it too. I am officially down to one Cricut now. My DH used the Create to fix the Imagine. Then after he fixed the Imagine something else went wrong. That machine is too quirky for me. It was nice while it lasted.
Haven't talk in a few days and hoped you were ok lol . Made a purse yesterday that I was supposed to make late winter / early spring Long story why it took me so long but also a lot of card making had to be done etc. I took a pic and you can see it paigewithpanache.blogspot,com

Very helpful information about blades!!! Thank you!! BTW... I made the Secret Garden book mark! It was good practice and used my Xyron , but that part was a challenge because all the small cuts it was hard to handle. Your DH cracks me up! Nice he is able to repair (try anyway) your machines too!! That helps a lot.
I'm having unsettled issues again ( sigh).
First off - my used machine I got from ebay thankfully turned out good for the risky fact it was used. But disappointed in PC for the update making it so that I can not use a stand alone and still be able to use CCR. The machine itself works fantastic with the CCR and I really like it a lot. HOWEVER....
Due to the instability of PC I have read, I am afraid to continue to purchase cartridges for fear of investment that could turn out to find it only to be a flop! And that really makes it hard because I really like their design cards!!
I thought I read somewhere though that they have new management or something?? So I wonder if they are better now and have stepped up to the plate??
If I end up going a different direction, I'm thinking that Sizzix eClips may be a good choice for me. They have both cartridge and ecal . Sounds like good options.
Food for thought= when looking for used machines, eclips, cameo,ecraft were not available. Only Cricut .....hhmmm.....tell you anything??? :/

Sorry I'm so unsettled that's why I appreciate all the help and tips from everybody .
Old 09-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #71
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Haven't talk in a few days and hoped you were ok lol . Made a purse yesterday that I was supposed to make late winter / early spring Long story why it took me so long but also a lot of card making had to be done etc. I took a pic and you can see it paigewithpanache.blogspot,com

Very helpful information about blades!!! Thank you!! BTW... I made the Secret Garden book mark! It was good practice and used my Xyron , but that part was a challenge because all the small cuts it was hard to handle. Your DH cracks me up! Nice he is able to repair (try anyway) your machines too!! That helps a lot.
I'm having unsettled issues again ( sigh).
First off - my used machine I got from ebay thankfully turned out good for the risky fact it was used. But disappointed in PC for the update making it so that I can not use a stand alone and still be able to use CCR. The machine itself works fantastic with the CCR and I really like it a lot. HOWEVER....
Due to the instability of PC I have read, I am afraid to continue to purchase cartridges for fear of investment that could turn out to find it only to be a flop! And that really makes it hard because I really like their design cards!!
I thought I read somewhere though that they have new management or something?? So I wonder if they are better now and have stepped up to the plate??
If I end up going a different direction, I'm thinking that Sizzix eClips may be a good choice for me. They have both cartridge and ecal . Sounds like good options.
Food for thought= when looking for used machines, eclips, cameo,ecraft were not available. Only Cricut .....hhmmm.....tell you anything??? :/

Sorry I'm so unsettled that's why I appreciate all the help and tips from everybody .
Adding to the Food for thought= New machines were available, want to make sure that was clear
Old 09-21-2012, 06:23 AM   #72
Pearl-ExPert

That is so sweet. Thank you! I have been Fall cleaning my home and decorating for Autumn. It's been a hectic week in my home too. Lots of quirky things happening in my home this week. Like we had a furious T-storm roll through early this morning. I was standing at my washer thinking somebody was going to get their power knocked out. You can see where this is heading, lol. Right when I thought it the power went out as I was filling the washer with detergent. !

I love your purse!!!! So pretty.

My DH is going to take apart the Imagine this weekend and rebuild it. I have a broken Imagine, several loads of laundry to do and all my kitchen cupboards emptied so I can clean them, the broken Imagine gets shelved, lol. My DH told me yesterday he felt terrible he couldn't fix it. He had a stressful week at work so the Imagine was on the bottom of his list too, lol. He knows he can fix it. It was that Secret Garden bookmark that caused all the trouble for me, lol. I needed that bookmark.

PC does have a new CEO. Are they doing better? Oh that is one of those things you kind of groan about because you want to say "Yes, I have seen some great changes." Then others you want to say "Same old story with PC but under new management." A lot of use huge Cricut users are jaded and hurt. That doesn't make us the best reviewers.

I haven't bought a cart in a long time because PC hasn't released anything I am interested in. Next year they could release a whole slew of carts & I will want them all. It goes in waves with cart buying for me. I was in WalMart the other day and the new Cricut Lites had flown off the shelves at my WalMart. I know people are still buying. Actually, I know a lot of people are buying, lol. I talk to them. Most don't even know all the Cricut drama's going on. I just keep quiet because I wouldn't want somebody to deflate my excitement and love for something. On the Internet it can be a different story because you read things and you have to know. I have helped people decide to buy a Cricut or not at the stores. I usually just answer questions.

There are so many used Cricut's because it's the mass market machine. People upgrade, people go to a different cutter. Like a lot of mass market crafting everyone has to have one until they realize it's not their thing. I knew people who were buying Cricut's who never crafted in their life. When the Cameo came out there was a flood of Silhouette SD's and Wishblade. The Cameo is hot now so you won't find many used. Eclips about the same story. I have noticed that Sizzix users are forever loyal to their machines. I mean that in a good way. Ecraft really doesn't have a big market. If you also go to Ebay and click most bids first on the auction tab you can see a lot of people are bidding for used Cricut items. Don't feel to disheartened. Have you tried to roll back your Cricut Create to the original firmware so you can use the machine as standalone?

Old 09-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #73
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
That is so sweet. Thank you! I have been Fall cleaning my home and decorating for Autumn. It's been a hectic week in my home too. Lots of quirky things happening in my home this week. Like we had a furious T-storm roll through early this morning. I was standing at my washer thinking somebody was going to get their power knocked out. You can see where this is heading, lol. Right when I thought it the power went out as I was filling the washer with detergent. !

I love your purse!!!! So pretty.

My DH is going to take apart the Imagine this weekend and rebuild it. I have a broken Imagine, several loads of laundry to do and all my kitchen cupboards emptied so I can clean them, the broken Imagine gets shelved, lol. My DH told me yesterday he felt terrible he couldn't fix it. He had a stressful week at work so the Imagine was on the bottom of his list too, lol. He knows he can fix it. It was that Secret Garden bookmark that caused all the trouble for me, lol. I needed that bookmark.

PC does have a new CEO. Are they doing better? Oh that is one of those things you kind of groan about because you want to say "Yes, I have seen some great changes." Then others you want to say "Same old story with PC but under new management." A lot of use huge Cricut users are jaded and hurt. That doesn't make us the best reviewers.

I haven't bought a cart in a long time because PC hasn't released anything I am interested in. Next year they could release a whole slew of carts & I will want them all. It goes in waves with cart buying for me. I was in WalMart the other day and the new Cricut Lites had flown off the shelves at my WalMart. I know people are still buying. Actually, I know a lot of people are buying, lol. I talk to them. Most don't even know all the Cricut drama's going on. I just keep quiet because I wouldn't want somebody to deflate my excitement and love for something. On the Internet it can be a different story because you read things and you have to know. I have helped people decide to buy a Cricut or not at the stores. I usually just answer questions.

There are so many used Cricut's because it's the mass market machine. People upgrade, people go to a different cutter. Like a lot of mass market crafting everyone has to have one until they realize it's not their thing. I knew people who were buying Cricut's who never crafted in their life. When the Cameo came out there was a flood of Silhouette SD's and Wishblade. The Cameo is hot now so you won't find many used. Eclips about the same story. I have noticed that Sizzix users are forever loyal to their machines. I mean that in a good way. Ecraft really doesn't have a big market. If you also go to Ebay and click most bids first on the auction tab you can see a lot of people are bidding for used Cricut items. Don't feel to disheartened. Have you tried to roll back your Cricut Create to the original firmware so you can use the machine as standalone?
That's good always nice to get things done. I had big plans what I was going to do yesterday, but a sick headache put a clamp on that. :/
Thank you for looking at my blog , I just updated the blog and now it can be subscribed to or followed. I thought about posting my book mark since it was a first project for my Cricut. Actually I think I will post it so you can see how the machine cut. Not to bad, but I fought the sticky glue on back, rofl that was an I Love Lucy skit of my own!! But the layer 2 part was a learning experience because I wasn't sure if it I was supposed to cut out same size as layer 1 or not.??? The free cuts now are Mustache and Glasses. Cute but not sure I can use it.
Hope you can fix your Frankenstein machine. haha Replacing parts from one machine to another made me think about that. That seams like it is a really nice one to have (when it works) because I like the option to print paper. I probably would use that if I was running short on card stock or scrap paper.
I haven't tried to roll back my Cricut because I don't want to cancel out being able to use CCR.
Last night I used the Latte Lite cart and had a blast! Everything really has been going great so I haven't experienced the aggravation others have yet. Minus that update. I made something for my kitchen that I repurposed from Goodwill. I really had a lot of fun with my machine , but I can see I need to look into those videos soon on making another mat! I posted it on my blog so you can see it there if you like.
Thanks for all the other info too, always helpful!!
Old 09-22-2012, 04:57 AM   #74
Pearl-ExPert

I love the coffee caddy. My DH would like that, maybe more masculine though, lol. He would like a zombie coffee caddy. My eyes are so tired they are blurring. It's been a long week and I have been sleeping like there is a new baby in the home. Sadly, I don't have any babies. I do have furbabies. I am about ready to collapse. I couldn't really see a lot of details on your bookmark. It does look like your machine is cutting well.

Do you have the blade arrow set where it's facing the arms on the blade housing. I know that is a huh? I am really tired, lol. Here's a visual- Google Image Result for http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_e_Nk-6g1K9M/TJDPDXF3MWI/AAAAAAAAAUE/XiinAl-ILoE/s1600/First%2Bday%2BPeter%2B010.JPG

I noticed something about CCR. I don't know if this was my machine, the type of blades I use or the paper but CCR was telling me to set my blade number higher than it should be. Like a professional Cricut user (sarcastic smile) I set the blade like CCR said it should be. I know better than that, lol. My tired brain was thinking "Oh, CCR knows better." "No, I know better." My cut was destroyed and my mat got scratches in it. Blade was too high. Surprised I didn't chip a tip off the blade. I had it set at six. For the type of paper I was using I normally cut at 3. I went back to my own common sense.

A big tip for anybody getting into electronic die cutting only use the number recommendations as a guide. Play with the settings until you find what it works for you. Keep a small notebook or notepad entry with your settings for each medium your cutting.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #75
Polyshrink Goddess

I have discovered the magic of Cri-kits gel pens. OMG! I picked up a pack (that included the holder) at Joanns today. I am in love. I can actually write beautiful sentiments and outline designs - like it was a stamp.
I immediately ordered another pack of the regular/neon on ebay.

I'm sure this is an old technique, but it's new to me. I do have the Cricut markers and while they are great for doing the outlines they were not suitable for lettering (imo).

I'm really pleased right now, and LOVING MY CRICUTS!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #76
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I love the coffee caddy. My DH would like that, maybe more masculine though, lol. He would like a zombie coffee caddy. My eyes are so tired they are blurring. It's been a long week and I have been sleeping like there is a new baby in the home. Sadly, I don't have any babies. I do have furbabies. I am about ready to collapse. I couldn't really see a lot of details on your bookmark. It does look like your machine is cutting well.

Do you have the blade arrow set where it's facing the arms on the blade housing. I know that is a huh? I am really tired, lol. Here's a visual- Google Image Result for http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_e_Nk-6g1K9M/TJDPDXF3MWI/AAAAAAAAAUE/XiinAl-ILoE/s1600/First%2Bday%2BPeter%2B010.JPG

I noticed something about CCR. I don't know if this was my machine, the type of blades I use or the paper but CCR was telling me to set my blade number higher than it should be. Like a professional Cricut user (sarcastic smile) I set the blade like CCR said it should be. I know better than that, lol. My tired brain was thinking "Oh, CCR knows better." "No, I know better." My cut was destroyed and my mat got scratches in it. Blade was too high. Surprised I didn't chip a tip off the blade. I had it set at six. For the type of paper I was using I normally cut at 3. I went back to my own common sense.

A big tip for anybody getting into electronic die cutting only use the number recommendations as a guide. Play with the settings until you find what it works for you. Keep a small notebook or notepad entry with your settings for each medium your cutting.
Thank you for looking it was a fun learning project! My hubby doesn't even drink coffee . But he likes it.
Hope you were able to get some rest. I think weather cooling off makes things a little unsettled too I think.
I knew exactly what you meant about the blade, but thanks for including the picture with the PINK cricut!! Reminding me mine isn't Pink! lol jk jk Seriously thanks for making sure I have it right! And I do.

Funny how you mentioned about the blade setting in CCR. I noticed that almost right away myself! I mean, what better way to have to replace blades and mats!! haha I lower blade setting myself.

That is a great suggestion about recording the settings!! I keep a log of so many things in my crafts that I can't believe I didn't think to do that yet!! DUH!! Need coffee
Old 09-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #77
Rubber Obsessor

o and the book mark, I noticed picture was hard to really see the cuts well too. Sorry about the picture.
I have been really pleased with this Cricut though I have to say. I just hope it continues to be this good!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #78
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I have discovered the magic of Cri-kits gel pens. OMG! I picked up a pack (that included the holder) at Joanns today. I am in love. I can actually write beautiful sentiments and outline designs - like it was a stamp.

I'm sure this is an old technique, but it's new to me. I do have the Cricut markers and while they are great for doing the outlines they were not suitable for lettering (imo).

Fantastic!! I want to try!
Old 09-23-2012, 04:21 AM   #79
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Wow Amy's pens are at JoAnn's. Oh my gosh I am so excited for her. I remember when she first came out with those pens. Amy is becoming a star! She really deserves it. Her whole family worked super hard.

I know those pens are amazing! You should see what the girls are doing with the delicate fine line drawings. It will make you never want to cut with a machine again and just draw with it.

I was at Jo-Anns on Friday. I did not see the pens. Of course my JoAnn's is really, really small. They don't carry a lot of items. I can shop the whole store in fifteen minutes and that is really looking through things.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:27 AM   #80
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Thank you for looking it was a fun learning project! My hubby doesn't even drink coffee . But he likes it.
Hope you were able to get some rest. I think weather cooling off makes things a little unsettled too I think.
I knew exactly what you meant about the blade, but thanks for including the picture with the PINK cricut!! Reminding me mine isn't Pink! lol jk jk Seriously thanks for making sure I have it right! And I do.

Funny how you mentioned about the blade setting in CCR. I noticed that almost right away myself! I mean, what better way to have to replace blades and mats!! haha I lower blade setting myself.

That is a great suggestion about recording the settings!! I keep a log of so many things in my crafts that I can't believe I didn't think to do that yet!! DUH!! Need coffee
Thank you! I did get some rest. I am still tired, lol. Autumn is my hyper time. I know some of you are thinking "She actually has a hyper time she always seems hyper" ROFL! I am actually really laid back.

Your welcome about the Pink Cricut, ROFL! I almost bought one. I ended up getting the Aqua Expression- Aqua Cricut Expression Electronic Cutter - Walmart.com. I thought I would use Playtime cartridge more. Plus, I loved the aqua one. I had all the other cartridges that came with the Pink expression except the breast cancer one. Then a few months later my enabling troublemaker hubby gets me the Imagine.