Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Copic markers / Tombow dual brush markers

Which do you most like/ prefer or have? I understand that they are 2 totally different makers and I'm probably comparing apples to oranges! Lol! I currently have a lot of the Copic's and have hardly used them. I also had trouble blending with them. I seem to do better with the watercolor/ blender pen type better. So my question is do I sell the Copic's & purchase Tombow's? For some reason (maybe after reading about the Tombow's) I have the urge to purchase them now! What do all of you think? I'm sure since they are 2 different kinds, some of you or many of you have both. The time I get to spend is not a lot and I don't want to invest the money to purchase more markers when I don't use what I have! I appreciate any & all ideas/input.

Thanks for your time!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I personally like Tombow's alot better than Copics. I can get my shading/blending done better with the Tombow's. I like the width of the tip - perfect for coloring. Maybe order a couple of Tombow's and see what you think.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I like and have both markers. I started out with Tombow markers, then I wanted to try something different so I got into colored pencils, then Copics. It depends on the effect you prefer, water coloring with Tombows have a unique look all their own, very artistic and free flowing, where Copics have a 'graphic art' look to them. Both are beautiful, just different. It's all a matter of preference.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2012, 04:09 AM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

I don't have Copics but I have Promarkers, for me it's a far greater learning curve using them then the watercolor markers like Tombow... plus I agree it's a very different look. I'm LOVING the Tombows (I bought 2 packs on Amazon and then ordered another 35 individual from another site the day after they arrived).

Also consider what you work with. Do you do mostly stamping or do you color digital stamps or shapes but with an electronic cutter? Watercolor paper (needed for Tombows) is best for stamping direct IMO as cutters and printers can have issues with it. The paper used with alcohol makers is far easier to use with your printer & electric cutter.

If you're like me you'll decide you need both LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

I do mostly stamping then coloring. I have never done any digi stamping. I really think I would like the Tombows, much easier maybe. My copics I really have not used them maybe only a couple times. Knowing me, if I sell them I might regret it later. Took a copic class a long time ago and maybe it is time for another one! I also purchased a Copic guide book for coloring! So maybe I will just order the Tombows!!

Thanks to everyone for your input, I appreciate your time.
Reply With Quote Likes