Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #561
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Mc View Post
Thanks for the reply. Might have to send him over and just hope they do.
I understand you can get coupons for michael's. Is that correct?
Check online before he comes here. They vary from week to week what they have coupons for.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #562
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Okay, well, there is a Michael's in Stroudsburg, which is about 1/2 hour from Long Pond; one in Wilkes-Barre (45 min.); and one in Whitehall (1 hr.). So looks like the best bet is the one in Stroudsburg. Don't know if they sell them in sets or not.
Are there any other scrapbook/art stores in the area that anyone knows of that sells sets of sketch markers?
Want to arm him with so much info he can't say he didn't know where to go.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #563
Polyshrink Goddess

No doubt somebody has already asked this, but how well do Copic markers and Spectrum Noir markers play together? If I can get away with complementing my little collection of Copics with the much less expensive Spectrum Noir pens I'd be a happy camper.

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #564
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Does anyone have Copic color matches for the new SU in-colors for 2013, along with Smokey Slate? Thanks!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #565
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Does anyone have Copic color matches for the new SU in-colors for 2013, along with Smokey Slate? Thanks!
Try this link: My Create Ink - ColorMatch ColorLab, I find it very helpful. I checked it first for your color, and they match it up with W5-Warm Gray.

Good Luck.......
Old 06-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #566
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Thanks--I was not aware that the Color Ink site did that as I use them all the time for SU matches!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #567
Pearl-ExPert

I have several kinds of alcohol markers, including copics and spectrum noirs and they all work well together. You do need the right kind of paper, though.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #568
Insane Embellisher

I love coloring with my Bic markers, so I think I'm ready to get into copics. If I wait and get them from my hubby for Xmas, I can buy a bunch of them (around $200).

So my question is: Should I make up a list of single pens? Or just go with a set?
Old 07-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #569
Die Cut Diva

I bought my Copics individually.
When I checked the sets they did not have 3 blending colors in each set and buying all of the sets would be too expensive.

I bought mine from Oozak who have some of the best prices and lightening speed delivery. Rusty, the owner, ships the same day if you order before 3 P.M EST with free shipping on orders of $50 or more. You need to register to get the best prices
Here is the copic link although he has a lot of other things including stamps & dies
Oozak.com: COPIC Markers | Pens | Refills | Paper | Accessories

I also bought a hand colored chart from 7 Kids College fund. It was much easier to choose when I could see the actual colors rather than viewing them on my computer
I don't see it listed on her site but you may want to contact her and see if she still sells it.

Hand Colored Copic Color Chart

Maybe some one else sells a hand colored Copic color chart . I felt it was well worth the money

I hope this helps . I love my Copics
NerdyBeth likes this post.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #570
Gallery Gazer

Default Just Bought My First Copics!

I just bought my first Copics! I bought a 24 set at Amazon.com ony $110! And ScrapbookPal.com Cricut Cartridges, Copic Sketch Markers & More! has the Fusion sets of 3 for only 15.72! Free US shipping if you spend 25! I'm super excited to have new toys to play with!

I decided to go with the Sketch markers!

Also, not sure how big your hand color chart is but you can print for FREE your own 8 1/2 X 11 HERE!

Can't wait to read all the good info in this thread!
Thanks!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #571
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiding in My Craft Room View Post
I just bought my first Copics! I bought a 24 set at Amazon.com ony $110! And ScrapbookPal.com Cricut Cartridges, Copic Sketch Markers & More! has the Fusion sets of 3 for only 15.72! Free US shipping if you spend 25! I'm super excited to have new toys to play with!

I decided to go with the Sketch markers!

Also, not sure how big your hand color chart is but you can print for FREE your own 8 1/2 X 11 HERE!

Can't wait to read all the good info in this thread!
Thanks!
I have the blank Copic chart from Copic International and use it to note the marker colors I have, but the hand colored chart from 7 Kids had every color that Copic sells already hand colored in. There are quite a few colors that are very close to each other and it helps to see them because you don't need to buy both of them.

If you can't buy an already colored chart perhaps you can tell us what new marker colors you plan to buy and then if they are close we can tell you. Before I got the hand colored chart I bought a few colors that are so close and I plan to sell those .
Old 07-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #572
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
I bought my Copics individually.
When I checked the sets they did not have 3 blending colors in each set and buying all of the sets would be too expensive.
Thanks, Barbara. The sets don't seem like they are much of a money saver, but I thought they might take some of the anxiety out of deciding which colors to buy! Ack!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #573
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyBeth View Post
Thanks, Barbara. The sets don't seem like they are much of a money saver, but I thought they might take some of the anxiety out of deciding which colors to buy! Ack!
When I started collecting and using Copics I choose 3 blending colors of the ROYGBIV system, plus 3 of the C's (gray) and 3 E's the browns and a colorless blender .
I only bought 2 of the oranges since orange is not my favorite color and I didn't buy the Indigo .

I think I had 24 markers and they served me very well for quite a while.
I added 3 Christmas green since I had originally chosen Yellow Greens to color foliage and 3 very light E's ( ivory) for skin color . In time I added other colors, but I find I use my original colors the most. I bought refills for all of my original colors
NerdyBeth likes this post.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #574
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
I have the blank Copic chart from Copic International and use it to note the marker colors I have, but the hand colored chart from 7 Kids had every color that Copic sells already hand colored in. There are quite a few colors that are very close to each other and it helps to see them because you don't need to buy both of them.

If you can't buy an already colored chart perhaps you can tell us what new marker colors you plan to buy and then if they are close we can tell you. Before I got the hand colored chart I bought a few colors that are so close and I plan to sell those .

Sorry, I didn't realize that is was a hand colored, meaning already colored chart! That would be nice! I printed a colored chart off of copic.com but the colors are pretty small. I was maybe going to use it as a check list but not going to work!

I did find very useful app for my iphone called Copic Collection which keeps track of what colors I already have that way if I happen to stop by a store it won't be a big deal that I don't have my colored in chart.

I haven't seen any stores around here, Sacramento, that sell them individually and for me shopping online seems to be cheaper anyway but it's nice to see them in person before buying.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #575
Die Cut Diva

What I found is the colors from the Copic site shown on my computer screen are not as accurate as the ones on the hand colored chart.
I bought all of mine on the Net from Oozak . His color chart is close but again not perfect

Try contacting the woman at 7 Kids College Fund and see it she is still offering the hand colored chart. It will save you a lot of mistakes.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:30 PM   #576
Hardware Hotshot

Red face

Sooo...How many Copics did you have before you felt like you had enough? I ask because I have about 120 and I still find that I never seem to have the colors I want! For example, I wanted to do a soft, warm back light, and used Y0000 and Y000 but they were too fluorescent-looking. I also have Y06, Y11, Y15, Y21, and Y38, but none of them are right, either! Anyone else have this problem?

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Old 10-31-2013, 08:27 PM   #577
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessrose21 View Post
Sooo...How many Copics did you have before you felt like you had enough? I ask because I have about 120 and I still find that I never seem to have the colors I want! For example, I wanted to do a soft, warm back light, and used Y0000 and Y000 but they were too fluorescent-looking. I also have Y06, Y11, Y15, Y21, and Y38, but none of them are right, either! Anyone else have this problem?
For me I can never have enough, which is why I'm a little piggy and have them all! except for the fluorescent colors.

Since you mentioned none of the yellow ones you had were working for you, have you tried any in the YR grouping? I tried YR30 which is very pale, and if you want to add another color to it or want it darker in areas, you can use that color to pick up either YR31 or Y32 and bring a soft glow yet, just a hint deeper. I picked up the color after scribbling on some plastic, however, you could use the marker to marker technique as well.

Good luck, hope this color combo works for you.
Jessrose21 likes this post.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #578
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I will never have enough either.
However, after i bought around 60 + basic color markers then I started buying them as I needed them. I have not counted mine but I am sure I have well over 100. I just added two colors for a burgundy outfit I was coloring and 3 more Christmas greens .
Old 10-31-2013, 09:01 PM   #579
Insane Embellisher

The little buggers are so addicting, aren't they? I have always loved to color, ever since I was little..... Like you, Barbara Jay, I started off with just a few, in fact just Ciao's, thinking they would be plenty - obviously they weren't, and over the years as I needed more colors, I bought the Sketch to fill in and with good sales well my collection grew somehow!!!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #580
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
No, I can't say that I have that problem because I have all of the Sketch markers!!!!!!! I know you can also make your own colors, but I haven't tried that yet. I need to order a few empty markers so I can try that out.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 11-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #581
Splitcoast Team Member

Quote:
That is how I've ended up collecting almost all of the colors over the years, but I've created a few custom colors for myself, as well.

For that back glow you are trying to achieve, I love a pale YR. For me the YR30 is too pale and the YR31 is too much. I purchased an empty sketch marker and created my own with 1/2 YR31 and 1/2 blender solution. It's a beautiful, pale but still rich version, of the YR31 that I love. BG72 and Blender is another custom combo that I just adore and use regularly.

You can either mix you *new* color right in the empty marker barrel, or you can mix in an empty ink refill bottle before you put it in the marker, that way you'll have a matching refill when you need it. No right or wrong, just takes a little effort to color match down the road if you mix it in the barrel.

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Old 11-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #582
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp_momma View Post
That is how I've ended up collecting almost all of the colors over the years, but I've created a few custom colors for myself, as well.

For that back glow you are trying to achieve, I love a pale YR. For me the YR30 is too pale and the YR31 is too much. I purchased an empty sketch marker and created my own with 1/2 YR31 and 1/2 blender solution. It's a beautiful, pale but still rich version, of the YR31 that I love. BG72 and Blender is another custom combo that I just adore and use regularly.

You can either mix you *new* color right in the empty marker barrel, or you can mix in an empty ink refill bottle before you put it in the marker, that way you'll have a matching refill when you need it. No right or wrong, just takes a little effort to color match down the road if you mix it in the barrel.
I knew a "real Copic pro" would chime in with a solution!!! I rarely use yellow in my backgrounds, but this sounds like a great solution that I may just need to try myself!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #583
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp3 View Post
For me I can never have enough, which is why I'm a little piggy and have them all! except for the fluorescent colors.

Since you mentioned none of the yellow ones you had were working for you, have you tried any in the YR grouping? I tried YR30 which is very pale, and if you want to add another color to it or want it darker in areas, you can use that color to pick up either YR31 or Y32 and bring a soft glow yet, just a hint deeper. I picked up the color after scribbling on some plastic, however, you could use the marker to marker technique as well.

Good luck, hope this color combo works for you.
Thank you! I have YR30 on my wishlist so it will definitely be going on my next order.

And thanks, Lori, for your advice, too. I think I'll give your suggestion a try. I've been meaning to do the same thing with R81, a color I wish would come in R80!

I'm glad to know I'm not alone in "needing" all the colors! They're like potato chips; I can't stop until I've eaten the whole bag.

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
stamp_momma likes this post.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #584
Matboard Maniac

Heart

I made the mistake of purchasing a 36 copic marker set. It is lovely, but I did not at the time understand the concept of the 3 or 4 colors... that work together. Now I have to go through them, pick up many many copics to create those families.

Is Dick Blick still the go to place for the individual markers? least expensive?

What is the best storage/carrying case you have found? And where?

Is the copic paper still the best? Are there any good alternatives?
Old 11-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #585
Mad Swapper

Dick Blick and Oozark seem to have the best prices.

I have been looking for a storage method for my Copics by Goggling and Pinterest.

I took a Copic workshop from Irina Blount from La La Land Stamps. Her company sells marker holders. I think I will purchase those because of their compact size and the way the markers have their own slots so you can see the colors you have depending on how you organize them. I want to be able to organize my markers by color family because this will help me know what colors I need to buy to blend better. These holders seem to be portable via a cart. (I have just under 200 markers collected over 4-5 yrs.)

Last edited by Crafter 4 Life; 11-12-2013 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: Add'l info
kgostamper likes this post.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #586
Insane Embellisher

I use the black rectangular Copic case with the baskets inside and the zip top. I have all the colors, they can easily be grouped by color family, and it makes it portable to take to classes. I can also fit my case with the Spica pens in it and my color charts, etc. lay nicely in the top. It works perfect for me, maybe something you might want to look at. I also store my supplies elsewhere and bring them in the house to craft, so this is ideal for me.

I know I went through a couple of methods before I settled on this one, including the one with the lighting grate that you individually put the markers in - a challenge to move them when new colors were added! Good luck finding what works for you - that's what really matters.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #587
Matboard Maniac

Heart

Best paper, on a budget?
Old 11-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #588
Splitcoast Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgostamper View Post
Is the copic paper still the best? Are there any good alternatives?
Several paper recommendations - Copic Xpress It is my favorite. It's smooth and tight so it prevents feathering of ink outside of stamped lines. I think it also requires less ink to blend.

Neenah Classic Crest Solar White is a really nice paper. It blends beautifully. It's a bit softer than the XPress It, so you'll probably use a little bit more ink with it, and it tends to feather faster. If your heavy handed, you'll notice a little less control when it comes to staying in the lines. Could be tricky with darker colors.

Copic Stamping Paper - This is a nice thinner paper that is sold in 1/4 sheet packs at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. It's very smooth, and probably thinner than anything you've colored on, so it doesn't take very much ink to saturate the paper.

One thing I'd comment on only because I hear it considered from time to time ...The idea that you'll use a cheaper card stock to 'practice' on isn't a very reliable method to improving your coloring skills. There are three variables to coloring. They are 1) you (the artist and your style), 2) the marker and 3) the paper. Every time you change one of those variables, the results change.

The thing about paper is that you can ask 5 people, and there will be 5 different opinions. I would recommend that you try a few and pick the one you like the best, the one that seems best for you and your coloring methods and then stick with it. Practice and hone your mad skills.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #589
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp_momma View Post
One thing I'd comment on only because I hear it considered from time to time ...The idea that you'll use a cheaper card stock to 'practice' on isn't a very reliable method to improving your coloring skills. There are three variables to coloring. They are 1) you (the artist and your style), 2) the marker and 3) the paper. Every time you change one of those variables, the results change.

I agree!
A Novice at anything needs the best equipment especially for practice.

An Expert has the skill to work around the flaws of inferior equipment . You will never improve if you are constantly trying to overcome the problems caused by inferior paper
stamp_momma and Jessrose21 like this post.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #590
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Best paper, on a budget?
I would say Neenah paper if you can find it locally or for not-too-expensive shipping. I have used classic crest solar white.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 11-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #591
Matboard Maniac

Wink

Best price for Copic Express paper? Oozak's?
Old 11-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #592
Matboard Maniac

Wink

What are some of your favorite trio's that are your go to...for pinks, purples, blues, etc...that seem to blend the best for you?
Old 11-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #593
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
What are some of your favorite trio's that are your go to...for pinks, purples, blues, etc...that seem to blend the best for you?
Wow, that's a tall order. When I started I "borrowed" trios from Flourishes, JustRite, etc. who had their ready made sets. I still use some of those or tweak a color or two, depending on my paper or desired effect, but they're a great place to start. There are lots of blogs with ideas, and I recently ran across this Pinterest page with some of those color combo pages linked on her page, so hopefully this will be a good source for you....... Good luck

my big girl crayons
Old 11-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #594
Matboard Maniac

Wink

I may have asked for more than one can answer.. but I understand you look at the color chart and pick every other color? IDK...

I just dont want to led astray by an instructor at a very expensive shop...

I am finding the copic experience confusing and when you go to a class, of course they tell you you don't have the right colors, you need to buy this or that.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #595
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I may have asked for more than one can answer.. but I understand you look at the color chart and pick every other color? IDK...

I just don't want to led astray by an instructor at a very expensive shop...

I am finding the copic experience confusing and when you go to a class, of course they tell you you don't have the right colors, you need to buy this or that.
When I started out I used the ROYGBIV system and bought 3 colors in each , except I only bought 2 oranges and did not buy the Indigos . Plus I bought 3 pinks , 3 browns and 3C's for gray and a colorless blender . This set of 27 markers served me well for quite a long time and then I started buying more colors to fill in .

In some cases you do not need 3 colors to blend You can go over a color several times to deepen the color. Each time you go over a color it will deepen by a half shade .

Or you can use tip to tip to get a middle color. You use brush end of the darker marker and stroke it on the brush end of the lighter marker to get a middle color . Count how many times you stroke it so you can reproduce the same color for a larger area

Here are the a few of the blending colors I like.
Red: R24-R27-R29 and R20 for cheeks if you color images with faces
Pink: R81-R83-R85 .

For Greens I chose leaf green for foliage but soon I had to add Christmas green so here are both.
Leaf Green : YG01-YG03-YG05
Christmas green: G14-G16-G19
Yellow Y00-Y04 ( and blended tip to tip for the middle color )
Orange : YR16-YR18 (and blended tip to tip for the middle color)
Blue: B02-B04-B16
Blue Green: BG11-BG15-BG49
Browns : For faces E51 or E52
Regular browns : E23-E25-E27-E29
Grey: C0-C2-C4-C6
Black add C7-C9

For Blacks you use the darker C's because true black would turn the image into a silhouette

Originally I did not choose any of the Violet colors as I did not like them .

And of course a colorless marker with a refill.
A colorless marker " removes" ink from edges that you went out of the lines or just to lighten a color a tad. Use sparely to lighten a color as it gets lighter a while after it is applied

As I said, since I started using Copics I have added a lot of marker colors as I needed them to my collection . I started using them 4-5 years ago

I hope this helps
Barbara

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 11-21-2013 at 06:11 PM..
stamp_momma and kgostamper like this post.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #596
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I apologize for sort of "dodging" your question by referring you to a good resource page with lots of possibilities. My reason for doing that was, to me, color choices are so personal depending on what you have a tendency to color, i.e. people, animals, flowers, etc. This way, you could look at what was put in some groupings, and depending on what you like to stamp and color, landscapes for instance, you could choose, groups that would work for you. For as many different stamps that I've bought over the years, I gravitate towards florals. So, unlike Barbara, who gave you some great choices, I would have included violets since they work great for my flowers!

That's why I now have all the colors, because what I started with years ago just weren't enough for what I wanted to color, and I needed to fill in the blanks. I've probably overbought, but I don't have to worry now............
stamp_momma and kgostamper like this post.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #597
Splitcoast Team Member

Quote:

Barbara Jay has given you some excellent pairing advice. I especially love her ROYGBIV method and then filling in over time. That is kind of how I started, as well.

Understanding the Copic color numbering system will help you make wise choices when adding to your collection. In very simple terms, when you want to create a natural blending group (colors within the same color family that also have the same saturation or grayscale to them) to markers you already have:
1) keep the letter the same
2) keep the first number the same (this number tells you how much gray is in the particular shade or in art terms, saturation)
3) purchase a blending partner that is either below (usually my 1st recommendation) or just above that number to change how light or dark that particular color is (brightness).
So, in Barbara's list, say you have R24 in your stash there at home and you want to pick partners to it, I would add either R22 or R20 to my collection and R27 or R29. This color family will blend very nicely together - all from the true Red family and all with a "2" for gray scale (or saturation in artistic terms).

When you are learning and just starting out, you can get by with a pair rather than a trio because as she said, you can always go over an area again to get a richer look of the same color. Each pass of your marker adds another layer of dye to your paper. If you are only picking one partner, I almost ALWAYS recommend buying to the lower number side - so lighter. The number one mistake new colorers make is they purchase big, bold colors because they were attracted to the vibrancy (ending number 5-9) and then they do not have anything lighter to blend with it and make that color they loved pop.

Using the Copic Color Wheel can be a help picking blending partners, too. You can see the color wheel here. Find the color you like or already have on the color wheel, keeping your eye on the same ring as your chosen color, slide just to the right or the left to pick natural blending partners for that particular marker.

Post a few of your favorite colors here, and maybe we can give you a few suggestions on what we would pair with it to give you some nice combinations.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #598
Splitcoast Team Member

Quote:
And, not to dodge your original question...

My favorite pinks are RV52/RV55 and RV63/RV66.
My favorite purple combo is V12/V15/V17.
My favorite blue combo is absolutely BG72/BG75.

And, you didn't ask, but my absolute favorite combos that I really couldn't live without are Y32/Y35/Y38 and E31/E33/E35/E37.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #599
Die Cut Diva

One more thing I would add is I avoided buying markers in " sets" as either blending sets of just sets of a variety of colors.

My reasons was/is that colors are so personal and the blending set may appeal to the business owner who chose them, but there may be other combos that appeal to me or you . Plus there may be several marker colors that I would rarely use because they are not my favorite colors or due to the type of images I like to color.

The Multiple color sets DO NOT include 3 blending colors for each main color.
After I started coloring a lot of images with hair I vastly expanded my selections of browns

There are a lot of good Blogs where the artist states the Copic colors used in a piece . This helps you decided which color combos you like .

I don't want to leave anyone out , but two that I like are

Beate :
fresh & fun

Colleen Schaan:
Distinctive Touches
Old 11-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #600
Matboard Maniac

Heart

Thank you all so much. I did make the initial error of getting a 36 marker anniversary set. There are only 1 or 2 marker sets that actually are for blending together.

All of the others require further purchases. Then, at class she focuses on certain combos, not sure are my favs. I plan to look at your combos and compare to what I like... I so appreciate. I wish I had asked this question before buying a set...!