Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-16-2014, 07:27 PM   #3921
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Have a relatively new copic marker that seems to leak when I use it Anyone had this problem before and would changing the tip help?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-17-2014, 05:02 AM   #3922
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
Have a relatively new copic marker that seems to leak when I use it Anyone had this problem before and would changing the tip help?
Sounds like it needs to pressurize. Open both ends of the marker loosely (I tend to leave the caps on but loosely) and then set it over to the side whilst I work on some other bits and pieces. It should help the ink distribute more evenly throughout the body. HTH
caterinafmig likes this post.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:00 AM   #3923
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
Sounds like it needs to pressurize. Open both ends of the marker loosely (I tend to leave the caps on but loosely) and then set it over to the side whilst I work on some other bits and pieces. It should help the ink distribute more evenly throughout the body. HTH
Thanks, will give it a try!
Old 08-19-2014, 02:18 AM   #3924
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterinafmig View Post
The solution RiverIsis gave works great to pressurize your marker. If you get a blob of ink on your image, depending what color it is, you may be able to blot it quickly and use the blender pen to erase it out. I have been able to "fix" the situation when that's happened with some of the lighter colors I use for shading. You have to be quick to react though, and the couple of times it happened, of course it was when I was almost finished with the image I was coloring!! Talk about frustrating!!!!
Old 08-19-2014, 05:08 AM   #3925
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetostamp3 View Post
The solution RiverIsis gave works great to pressurize your marker. If you get a blob of ink on your image, depending what color it is, you may be able to blot it quickly and use the blender pen to erase it out. I have been able to "fix" the situation when that's happened with some of the lighter colors I use for shading. You have to be quick to react though, and the couple of times it happened, of course it was when I was almost finished with the image I was coloring!! Talk about frustrating!!!!

Murphy's law.... extremely frustrating.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:52 AM   #3926
Cardstock Collector

Default Copic Markers

I'm confused...I'm interested in the copic markers...was thinking of starting with the 12 set because of cost...there's so many...the original the sketch and etc. I will be using them for cards...How do you what to buy as a starter kit?
Old 11-14-2015, 12:35 AM   #3927
Watercolor Wizard

jlj
Old 11-14-2015, 01:26 AM   #3928
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

I agree with Gale. It's best to buy individual markers in blending groups. With a set, you'll likely get a bunch of markers that don't blend with each other.

This blog post has some great information. I found it after I bought the majority of my markers and found her information on a beginner set of 36 markers to be right on target:
The Copic Markers You Need in Your Starter Set - Scrapbooking Ideas, Memory Keeping, Layout Design

I chose Sketch over Ciao for the "no roll-away" factor Gale mentioned.
The Sketch and Ciao both have a chisel tip and a brush tip.
The "original" has a chisel and a fine tip.
(I think most of us wish they'd made a combo brush/fine tip marker--which I think is what they did with their black anniversary sets).
Last I checked, the Sketch had more color choices.
Finally, you might want to check out the hex color chart mentioned in this thread. I don't have one yet, but it's at the top of my list to buy: Copic Hex Chart
Christmas Cards 4/44
Stamp2Spend-$5.84(03/17/16)
StampinMindy and lovetostamp3 like this post.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:38 AM   #3929
Rubber Obsessor

Just wanted say that I LOVE my copic markers. I get most of mine from Carpe Diem.Com Their prices are very good after you register. Shipping is free after 50.00 which is about 13 markers. I bought individual, not sets. In my experience, when you buy sets (of anything) there are always some you never use. I have some of the very light colors but I probably wouldn't buy those colors again. I use the medium and darker colors, but not the lighter tones. In the beginning I bought mine to do a specific project. EX. Santa...reds, flesh ,grey (light for beard, dark grey for shoes) I never (or almost never) use black. I also would give Santa a list of the markers I wanted and because I was such a good girl I always got them. I now have all the markers I want, so I moved on to the refills. I have markers that I rarely use, so I don't get refills for those colors. There are many colors of markers I probably will never get as I don't see that I would use them. And I really, really wish Copic would come out with some new colors like they did in 2012. Happy coloring...Bobbi
lovetostamp3 and melissa59 like this post.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:18 AM   #3930
Crimping Master

I agree with much of the previous post by mheartm, especially buying from carpediemmarkers.com, they have great prices!!

I differ in that I like the pale tones when laying down my base to get that highlight look if I don't want to actually want to leave white. I also use them in my backgrounds fading out. I too rarely if never use black, using my dark greys instead.

Marianne Walker's blog, ilikemarkers.blogspot.com is a great resource for Copics. She works for them and is a wealth of info, that's where I started when I first got into to them, and she's written so good books as well. There are numerous other bloggers who are so talented that I have learned from as well, and have inspired me immensely!!! You can go to Pinterest and search various ways for Copics, Coloring with Copics, Copic Tutorials, and you will have a volume of inspiration!!!

Good luck!!
Old 11-14-2015, 11:29 AM   #3931
Rubber Obsessor

I took a copic class in Mass. that she taught. She is very good, and fun too. I lay down color but with a darker color than the pale tones. What brand of paper are you using? I absolutely love Recollections #110. I wish Michael's would come out in some new colors of that, too. That seems to be my mantra today. Have a great week-end...Bobbi
Old 11-15-2015, 01:24 AM   #3932
Watercolor Wizard

I have all the lightest colors and use them as a base but most often for picking up color tip-to-tip. This gives me a wider range of colors without having to buy a lot of markers.

I also have colored the Copics onto a laminated page that I use for a palate. I use the lighter colors to pick up the ink from the palette and to blend new colors. I learned this tip years ago from a crafty person's blog who was from Hawaii. She made her palate from CD cases.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #3933
Mad Swapper

Does anyone have any idea of what the newest in-color matches to copics are?

Thanks in advance.
stampinsister2 and laciann53 like this post.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:16 PM   #3934
Kookie Creator

Btalem are you wanting a list of Copic Color Combos? Here are my favorite color combos.
My Favorite Color Combos –

Skin – E0000, E000, E00, E11, E13
Cheeks – R32, R30
Dark Blonde – E44, R43, E42, E41
Light Blonde – E55, E53, E51, E50
Brunette – E29, E25, E21
Pinks – R81, R83, R87, R89 or RV00, RV32, RV34 or R30, R32
Blues – B91, B93, B95, 97, B99
Blue/Green – BG72, BG75, BG78
Green -YG91 YG93, YG95, YG97 or G20, G21, G24, G28
Orange – YR15, YR14, YR12, YR00 or E99, E97
Purple- V17, V15, V12, V01, V00, V000, V0000 or V91, V93, V95, V99
Red – R32, R35, R37, R39, R59
Yellow – Y21, Y23, Y26
Crisp White – N0, N1, N3 and a tiny bit of N5
Vintage/Shabby Chic White – W00, W1, W3, W5 -this is mostly what I do for my spotted backgrounds.
Black – N9, N7, N5 a little N3

I also have free worksheets and Copic e-course on my blog if you'd like to check it out!

http://www.MyCreativeScoop.com
Princess Dee and sewin44 like this post.