Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #3921
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellena317 View Post
I think I know what happened. Roomate is here but no package. It was garbage day. They probably picked up the box and chucked it with the other trash. Darn it! I guess the shadows and shading book is not meant to be in my future.
Oh, Michelle, that is terrible. Who would have picked it up and thrown it in the trash? Where would it have been left? Maybe you can call wherever they dump the trash and go look for it? Dumpster diving????? After all, it's in a box.
One Stitch at a Time
Sunshine Mail Foundation Challenge Blog
Creative Card Crew
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #3922
Polyshrink Goddess

Lol dumpster diving! The garbage men are very reckless and then the truck compacts everything so if they tossed it then it is done. They leave things next to the garage door in back where the parking lot is which is exactly where the trash cans are put out. There was a rain storm so I was hoping a neighbor took it in but nothing has turned up today. So sad. I have never had an issue before but such is life.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #3923
Quacker Stamper

Sorry again Michelle. Sounds like your package probably has become part of the landfill.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 07-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #3924
Quacker Stamper

Checked out your blog Michelle. I love the girly images you use. Are they all from Make It Crafty?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 07-31-2011, 07:02 AM   #3925
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Checked out your blog Michelle. I love the girly images you use. Are they all from Make It Crafty?
Thank you! I use digi and rubber stamps from several places. Make it Crafty digis or they have rubber available too from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design here in the US, my post on color combos has some free images from Sureya's open coloring book on Deviant Art, and some Miss Anya Hats Off collection by The Greeting Farm, and Tiddly Inks. I also use some Tickled Pink Stamps.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:25 AM   #3926
Quacker Stamper

Thanks for that info Michelle.

I bought a book sometime back by James Patterson - Witch & Wizard - Battle for Shadowland. Not something that you would think would be Copic related, but I finally picked it up off my shelf yesterday to look through it. It's a small book (not many pages), but is actually in comic book form (coloring Manga style) so I'm able to see more about how not only people but other things are shaded and shadowed. And as a bonus there are 4 pages of sketches at the back of the book that also show shading when drawing characters. This goes in with my Copic manuals as a reference.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 07-31-2011, 07:46 AM   #3927
Polyshrink Goddess

That is a great out of the box idea! I live all manga and anime style images so why not use a graphic novel for shading ideas.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #3928
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to paris062

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris062 View Post
I placed my order on 7/16 and I am still waiting. I heard back from CS yesterday that they have a shipment coming in tomorrow (fri 7/29) so hopefully our orders will ship and in full! I am worried that some of the ones I ordered will not be available and I won't find out until after the price goes up. I've been stalking their site and checking so I can order from another co that has stock if any of mine don't ship.
still no package. I am bummed. Was a birthday present from my DH. My order on CD's site says "Processing"????? Sent another email to customer service this morning.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #3929
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
still no package. I am bummed. Was a birthday present from my DH. My order on CD's site says "Processing"????? Sent another email to customer service this morning.
So sorry Lisa, I feel your pain. At least you might still get your package...eventually. I never order from them because I hear that happens frequently when they are out of stock for some of the items you want. I prefer sites that list the # that they currently have in stock next to the item.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #3930
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
This is the same problem that i had recently with them. They list everything for sale even if they do not have it in stock. Then when they shipped mine they did not give me the tracking number. So i had to keep emailing them until they would ... I had to be there to sign for the package so ...
Hopefully they will respond to your email soon
Old 08-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #3931
Die Cut Diva

Lisa that is terrible!! I order from Oozak and never have to wait. He normally ships the same day if the order is on by 3:30 ET.

Friday he did put a notice on the site that due to the enormous volume of orders they would be shipped ASAP.
You get a confirmation of the order. Then an email when it is in packing and another when it ships You always know the status of your order. And he provides a tracking number. One time I got an email my order was in packing and the time was before 6 A. M

SHHH-- it looks like Rusty ( @Oozak) has been too busy packing and shipping to update the site with the new prices for registered customers. tee hee hee

All he has been able to change is the regular site prices . You may be able to sneak in under the wire on the old prices.

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 08-01-2011 at 12:33 PM..
Old 08-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #3932
Mad Swapper

Just MHO, but I have had bad experiences with Carpe Diem, and I won't order from them again, no matter how low their prices. Too frustrating. I like Oozak, and have always had good experiences with them.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #3933
Rubber Obsessor

I've been ordering from Oozak for quite awhile (over a year) and am amazed at how great the customer service is. For a few pennies (occasionally) difference in price, you can't beat Rusty and Oozak. I've never read anything negative about Oozak and never even heard of any problems. Rusty was really helpful to me when trying to select storage. OK, it's not a paid commercial...Oozak is the best.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #3934
Matboard Maniac

Rusty got caught up. The prices for registered users at oozak.com have been updated. Dang.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #3935
Rubber Obsessor

My order for Carpe diem is still processing too Lisa. they sure took the money immediately I would never have ordered from them if I knew I had to wait this long. They should have emailed me at the very least to say that they were out of some of the items I ordered and then gave a projected ship date oh well live and learn. I hope they are here by my birthday atleast as they too are a gift from my hubby.

Bonnie
Old 08-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #3936
Kookie Creator

I did the same thing! I have always ordered from OOzak and then last week placed an
order at Carpe Diem. Never again! I will be leaving for a month in two weeks and I can not sign for a package so I am so frustrated!!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #3937
Insane Embellisher

I am fairly new to copics and love them soooo much. Also love the service at Oozak...best service I've ever had. I bought my first copic in March and now have about 70, including the order I place on Sun., shipped Mon, and which will arrive tomorrow. Definately marker crack. I think a tiny part of the love comes from inhaling the ethanol vapors....
Old 08-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #3938
Insane Embellisher

I had the same experience with Carpe Diem and after several chats with customer service, I have a little insight on how they operate.

Unlike most web stores, Carpe Diem will let you put everything you want in your cart, even if it is not currently in stock. Customer service explained that they had lots of Copics on order and knew they would have enough for everyone, as long as customers were PATIENT while CD filled all the orders during this time of heavy demand. Normally my Copic orders have shipped in two days from Carpe but, this time I had to wait 10 days for some markers that were sold out when I ordered.

Oozak sells out all the time and their store shows the item sold out. You still have to wait to get the items you want. Carpe Diem just uses a different business model. Would I do things differently, if I was in charge of customer service at CD? YES! I'd explain this proceedure on the web site. Was I patient about my order? Oh, h$ll no! But really, we are all just anxious for our order. Please, be careful about publicly condeming a company just because they do things differently.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #3939
Polyshrink Goddess

The best place to order Copics is Scrap-mart.com Making Memories Slice Digital Design Cutter Slice Design Cards Craft Cutters, Spellbinders. Free shipping on all orders under $50.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #3940
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageBrush View Post
Please, be careful about publicly condeming a company just because they do things differently.
My criticisms of Carpe Diem had nothing to do with the business model you describe. I am a Mac user, and they have designed their site so it is truly impossible (I don't mean just difficult, I mean impossible) for me to place an order. I, too, contacted customer service and explained my problem. I suggested that I would be happy to fax my order to them. The woman I spoke to could not have been more uninterested in accommodating me. She agreed that I was doing everything right, and that I could not place an order online. She also said they don't accept fax orders, only online. In other words, they didn't want my business. That's not the kind of company I want to deal with.

So please don't criticize me for condemning them because they do things differently. I simply stated that I would not be interested in ordering from them in the future, no matter how low their prices.

Oozak for me!

Barbara
Old 08-05-2011, 07:42 PM   #3941
Insane Embellisher

I haven't been on SCS for a couple of years but came over here tonight to see if anyone else was having problems with Carpe Diem. I guess I got my answer.

I can’t be overdrawn. I still have some checks!!
www.corgitales.blogspot.com
Old 08-06-2011, 06:17 AM   #3942
Quacker Stamper

Just thought I'd add my $.02 into the mix. I've been using Copic markers since December 2009 when I placed my first order with Carpe Diem. Since then I have placed orders not only with CD but also Oozak and iCopic. I buy where I can get the best deal. And I must say, I have had very good service from all these sellers.

I placed my latest 2 orders with CD on July 27, and I did this because they had everything listed that I wanted and I didn't want to take the chance of missing the discount. One order was just for 13 Sketch markers and the other was for supplies. Got my confirmation of my order on July 28. On August 2 I sent them an e-mail to get an update on my order. The next day I had a phone message from them when I got home telling me that one of my orders was ready to ship but they only had 1 empty Sketch marker and I ordered 2. It was too late to call that night and the next day I was too busy at work to call. I e-mailed them Friday morning to tell them to ship the order and refund for the marker. Then I got an e-mail later yesterday saying that they would do that and my other order was also ready to be shipped. You have to remember that all the sites I'm sure were swamped with orders before the price rise on August 1. I think that under the circumstances, having my order shipped within a week is NOT bad, and I think they did their best to keep me informed about my order after my first inquiry. I'll be ordering from them again.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #3943
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Sorry again Michelle. Sounds like your package probably has become part of the landfill.
My package finally arrived today...tattered and slighly ripped...but it is here. A whole missing week later. I guess the garbage men didn't throw it out afterall. Too bad I already re-ordered most of my items. I posted the whole saga about this on my blog.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #3944
Rubber Obsessor

Well my order from CD finally shipped. I have emailed them several times with no answer Also I have no tracking number and I definately will not hold my breath for them to answer any of my emails by phone or otherwise. I am just happy it all finally shipped only 11 days after ordering. Live and learn.

Now to wait for the fed ex man and I can start playing

Bonnie
Old 08-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #3945
Compulsive Stamper

Great new find for Canadian crafters: www.shop.sdgcrafts.com.

She hasn't raised her price on Copics and is super friendly to deal with!

p.s. she carries Silhouette products too!
Old 08-07-2011, 05:11 AM   #3946
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellena317 View Post
My package finally arrived today...tattered and slighly ripped...but it is here. A whole missing week later. I guess the garbage men didn't throw it out afterall. Too bad I already re-ordered most of my items. I posted the whole saga about this on my blog.
So sorry Michelle. Did you find out where it's been all this time since it had shown that it was delivered?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #3947
Stampin' Fool

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

Michelle, this type of thing happens far too often and, to be very honest, it really irks me. If a package shows that it was delivered, it darn well should have been delivered. After all, Shippers pay extra for tracking services and these fees are passed on to the buyer. And when tracking shows something was delivered, the buyer has no recourse with the seller.

You should call and make a formal complaint. Here are a couple of numbers:
Track and Confirm Customer Service:
1-800-222-1811
M-F - 8:00am - 8:30pm ET
Sat - 8:00am - 6:00pm ET

Basic Customer Service:
1-800-ASK-USPS® (800-275-8777)
M-F - 8:00am-8:30pm ET
Sat - 8:00am-6:00pm ET
Old 08-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #3948
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Melissa and Maggie! I may have to call and complain. The true whereabouts of my package for the missing week will most likely forever remain a mystery. It is so strange because we have locked mailboxes that you need a key to get into...so I wonder where it was supposedly "Delivered" on Friday that it magically appeared in our locked Mailbox a week later on a Saturday. It must have been placed in the wrong box and then returned to the post office.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #3949
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynmicsmom View Post
Well my order from CD finally shipped. I have emailed them several times with no answer Also I have no tracking number and I definately will not hold my breath for them to answer any of my emails by phone or otherwise. I am just happy it all finally shipped only 11 days after ordering. Live and learn.

Now to wait for the fed ex man and I can start playing

Bonnie
I called CD about this and have spoken to a girl there and she did say that they are super busy and the best time to call was at the very end of the day (4:45PM PST) right before closing. She was very friendly and apologized for the shipping issues addressed. I told her I was in no rush for mine, but I wanted them to know about the complaints. Also, I live in CA so it doesn't take long for mine to arrive. I'm sorry you had a bad experience.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:12 AM   #3950
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Fura My package was delivered yesterday while I was at work. Unfortunately the 11 year old did not hear the door and dad was in the shower so they did not leave it I did sign for it last night to be left today just incase no one heard them at the door again. I can not wait to play with them tomorrow, unfortunately no time today.

Bonnie
Old 08-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #3951
Kookie Creator

Mine shows shipped also. I ordered on July 26 so 15 days later!! No tracking number and we are gone alot next week so I may not get them!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:08 AM   #3952
Rubber Obsessor

CD finally got back to me via email yesterday with a tracking number for my order that I recieved last week. I guess better late than never lol.

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Bonnie
Old 08-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #3953
Glitter Queen

I am going to a Copic retreat and students are bringing their markers. Does anyone have tips to identify markers so they do not get mixed up?
Thanks.
Susan
Old 08-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #3954
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseyx View Post
I am going to a Copic retreat and students are bringing their markers. Does anyone have tips to identify markers so they do not get mixed up?
Thanks.
Susan
Wow! How many markers are you bringing? I think if it were me, I'd use my Brother labelmaker and make a small label with my name or initials for each marker. The label would have to be big enough not to peel off on its own. I would be concerned that marking with a Sharpie might rub off, but that would be an easier, quick way.

When I use them, I always put the cap right back on, even if I'm going to be using the marker again in a moment. If you do the same, you don't need to label the caps, just the marker.

Have fun!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:15 PM   #3955
Glitter Queen

Thank you so much for the suggestion! This should work. I used a Sharpie and it came off.
Susan
Old 08-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #3956
Polyshrink Goddess

Go get a roll of the duct tape that is designed... zebra stripes, and put a piece of it around each marker.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #3957
Glitter Queen

Default Copic Marker IF

Perfect and easy. Thank you!
Susan
Old 08-17-2011, 05:05 PM   #3958
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseyx View Post
Thanks.
Susan
Last time I took mine on a trip, I just put my initials on each one with a colored Sharpie.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 11-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #3959
Insane Embellisher

I use free address labels I get from charities. I have a TON of them - plenty to mark my stuff and use for mail.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:29 AM   #3960
Compulsive Stamper

Default Keeping Track of My Copics

I was having a hard time keeping track of which Copics I own and ended up buying repeats sometime. I tried the sheet but usually I would forget to mark it and it did not fit well in my purse. I was looking for a better way for me to keep track. I ended up making my own DVD "My Copic Markers" case. It fits easily in my purse. I take it with me when I am shopping and when I am coloring.

In the first part I keep lists of color combinations that work well together. I really like Suzanne Dean's list. I used her's and left room for my own that I have discovered. I have taken her Copic classes and found them very useful. Highly recommend her if you are interested in coloring.

In the second part I have the color families listed. I printed them out on Copic Xpress paper. Now when I buy a marker I mark in right away in my case. Pretty simple!

Robin
Attached Thumbnails
img_3490.jpg   img_3487.jpg   img_3492-2.jpg