Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 09:14 AM   #3881
Polyshrink Goddess

I have never tried the black soot so go ahead and try it and see if it works for you with the Georgia Pacific. Each Ink can react differently with each paper, and user too! There should be bleed thru on the back side of the paper that is normal and is a good indication that you are blending properly. The bleeding that I am referring to with the GP cardstock is when the copic ink bleeds outside of the lines of your stamped image. For me, GP bleeds more than all of the other cardstocks I have tried...but it is very cost effective to practice with.

Mireles4- I would be happy to send a sample of some of the cardstock that I currently use... Copic X-Press It and Boise HD Color Copy Cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynmicsmom View Post
good to know. I have only read good things about the paper and the ink. someone did an ink test and the black soot rated a 1.33 out of 5 1 being good 5 smearing badly. however they did not say if you had to dry it or not. Guess I will just head out and buy memento black to be super safe

I do have a question about the bleeding though if you put a layer behind it whats the differance? when I make a card to color I use the first layer which is the base, then a middle layer of another color then the white layer. Wondering if bleeding is still an issue? Don't mean to sound stupid lol. Just want to make sure not to ruin my investment.

thank you for all your help.

Bonnie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #3882
Kookie Creator

I am sure this has been addressed at some point here but I really don't want to read through 98 pages so forgive me if this question is redundant! What is the best video or printed (free) tutorial you have found for copic instruction. I am NOT talking about whole web sites devoted to coloring techniques. Just a general tut that shows a good technique for basic coloring/blending. Hope this isn't too much to ask for LOL!

Blog Paper Rocks!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #3883
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknath View Post
I am sure this has been addressed at some point here but I really don't want to read through 98 pages so forgive me if this question is redundant! What is the best video or printed (free) tutorial you have found for copic instruction. I am NOT talking about whole web sites devoted to coloring techniques. Just a general tut that shows a good technique for basic coloring/blending. Hope this isn't too much to ask for LOL!
Check out you-tube, they have great technique videos.

Also Scrap Bitz has great tutorials both video and pdf style for printing.

Blog - Ink'n General
Old 07-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #3884
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, Kim -- I'm sure you're going to get a lot of great suggestions for Copic tutorials.

One of my favorite videos is by Jenn Muraoka. She does a good job explaining the palette method for blending Copic markers... ‪Copic Tutorial‬‏ - YouTube

On my website: 13 Copic Coloring Guides
Illustrator for: Angels Landing Digital Stamps
Old 07-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #3885
Polyshrink Goddess

I can't say what the best videos are but I like the following channels on youtube for copic coloring videos:

michellesmith -there are good basic coloring videos in coordination with TAC and their Copic Caboodles sets that they sell

Suzannejdean

makeupartistkatie

makeitcrafty

(sorry I can't get on youtube right now to get the links)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknath View Post
Old 07-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #3886
Hardware Hotshot

I'm sure most copic users have seen the posting that copics are going up August 1st, see Oozak for one. I went online to another source, creative play stamps. They don't seem to have the same shortage as the above mentioned site. Sure does make me wonder if this is a gimic to make us want to order now, but unavailable, and suddenly they will appear in stock after August 1st arrives. I have always had great luck with both companies. I ordered from the creative play stamps to get some extra copic refills, in case, price does go up. I, for one will be watching to see if this is true. Anyone else order before august 1st.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Old 07-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #3887
Hardware Hotshot

I am going to have to replace my first nibs. I have been able to get the nibs replacements, but, not the nib puller tool. Have you replaced these nibs with any other tool, regular twizzers, or something. Is it an effort to remove and replace them? The nib puller is hard to find, that it isn't out of stock, when I have made my purchases. Just plain unlucky with that effort.

friends fat"
Old 07-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #3888
Stazon Splitcoast

Oozak.com: eCustomer Service at its BEST! is raising their prices on Copic Markers after August 1st.

You can read about it on their home page.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #3889
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampencamper View Post
I am going to have to replace my first nibs. I have been able to get the nibs replacements, but, not the nib puller tool. Have you replaced these nibs with any other tool, regular twizzers, or something. Is it an effort to remove and replace them? The nib puller is hard to find, that it isn't out of stock, when I have made my purchases. Just plain unlucky with that effort.
Hi Carolyn,
When I replaced my nibs I just used my fingers. They got inky and I washed them with rubbing alcohol. It was easy... I don't think you really truly need the nib puller unless you are OCD about getting messy.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:13 AM   #3890
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
When I refill my ink I just use a pair of tweezers to carefully pull the nib out. You can clean the tweezer tips with alcohol when you're finished.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:41 AM   #3891
Rubber Obsessor

Kind of bummed this morning, went to check on my order from carpediem and half of it is still pending darn I was hoping to be able to play with the new markers this weekend. Oh well such is life.

Margarette thanks again for all the info Glad you explained bleeding lol I never would have guessed the true meaning. I feel pretty confident with all my new info on what to look for and do or not do. I am sure I will have more questins along the way. Its wonderful to know that I can get all the answers here

Have a great day!

Bonnie
Old 07-27-2011, 05:31 AM   #3892
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I am going to have to replace my first nibs. I have been able to get the nibs replacements, but, not the nib puller tool. Have you replaced these nibs with any other tool, regular twizzers, or something. ...
In another post, Marianne Walker suggested using either Copic tweezers or needle-nose pliers to remove the tips.

On my website: 13 Copic Coloring Guides
Illustrator for: Angels Landing Digital Stamps
Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 AM   #3893
Rubber Obsessor

Does anyone know the dirrerence between the black and special black on the sketch?
thanks,
Bonnie
Old 07-27-2011, 07:38 AM   #3894
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Does anyone know the dirrerence between the black and special black on the sketch?
thanks,
Bonnie
From COPICMARKER.COM | U.S. Distributor of Copic Markers

Q: What’s the difference between 100 and 110?
The 100 is a “true”, deep blue black, the 110 is a slightly neutral gray black- it comes down to what pigments were used to make up each color. The 110 would be equivalent to a T11, if such a number existed on our color chart. The two blacks may not look different on your paper, but on some papers they do.
One Stitch at a Time
Sunshine Mail Foundation Challenge Blog
Creative Card Crew
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 07-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #3895
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
thanks,
Bonnie
For what it is worth I hardly ever use the black markers. I rather shade with grays to create a black effect with more dimension. (I normally use the C1 C3 C5 C7 C9 range).

Marianne Walker has a great post on that here
Old 07-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #3896
Matboard Maniac

I too have just used my fingers to replace nibs. Lucky I've only had to replace one out of all my markers in the last two years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellena317 View Post
Hi Carolyn,
When I replaced my nibs I just used my fingers. They got inky and I washed them with rubbing alcohol. It was easy... I don't think you really truly need the nib puller unless you are OCD about getting messy.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #3897
Matboard Maniac

That's happened to me once but once they ship you get it really fast. I now live about 2 hours from carpediem store I'm tempted to drive there and buy a few markers before the price goes up. Good luck I hope you get your markers soon. In the meantime make sure you have necessities like correct ink and paper to color on once they do arrive

Quote:
Kind of bummed this morning, went to check on my order from carpediem and half of it is still pending darn I was hoping to be able to play with the new markers this weekend. Oh well such is life.

Margarette thanks again for all the info Glad you explained bleeding lol I never would have guessed the true meaning. I feel pretty confident with all my new info on what to look for and do or not do. I am sure I will have more questins along the way. Its wonderful to know that I can get all the answers here

Have a great day!

Bonnie
Old 07-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #3898
Hardware Hotshot

I have had good luck with the other two companies mentioned aboue for responsible filled orders; they have never come back, with an unfillable order, and keep their sites updated to quantity.
Thanks gals, for the information on replacing nibs, it is so noted for your ideas.
I'm still wondering, if, according to Oozak, it's the manufacture that is raising the price, so won't all copic prices get raised, even the stock they have from last year; and all other companies

friends fat"
Old 07-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #3899
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I have had good luck with the other two companies mentioned aboue for responsible filled orders; they have never come back, with an unfillable order, and keep their sites updated to quantity.
Thanks gals, for the information on replacing nibs, it is so noted for your ideas.
I'm still wondering, if, according to Oozak, it's the manufacture that is raising the price, so won't all copic prices get raised, even the stock they have from last year; and all other companies
Yes, that is the way I understand it. Doesn't matter where you buy it... the price will go up on August 1st whether it is old stock or new stock etc...
Old 07-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #3900
Polyshrink Goddess

Ok- I finally let the peer pressure get to me. I placed an order for copics before the price increase. I ordered 4 refills and a marker from I Heart Papers... oh and the Shadows and Shading book by Marianne... and a paper pad. I just had to qualify for free shipping. Meanwhile the shipping would only have been about $5 and I added on $23 extra dolllars of things I didn't technically need just to qualify...

but I really did want the Shadows and Shading book. That is the number one thing I want to improve on with my copic coloring.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #3901
Hardware Hotshot

Anyone else waiting for Oozak to post his latest shipment? I have my cart ready and waiting! I'm so pathetic...lol!

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Old 07-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #3902
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

hahahaha. I ordered 2 weeks ago
Old 07-28-2011, 09:06 AM   #3903
Hardware Hotshot

The sad thing is I put an order in last week, but couldn't get everything I wanted.

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Old 07-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #3904
Stazon Splitcoast

I have filled up my wood box I keep them in - just a few spaces left in the "greens" I so want more LOL

I am wondering about the air brush system. I'm sure there is someone on here who can tell me if it is worth it or not, and is it easy to use?
Old 07-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #3905
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to paris062

Quote:

Have a great day!

Bonnie
I placed my order on 7/16 and I am still waiting. I heard back from CS yesterday that they have a shipment coming in tomorrow (fri 7/29) so hopefully our orders will ship and in full! I am worried that some of the ones I ordered will not be available and I won't find out until after the price goes up. I've been stalking their site and checking so I can order from another co that has stock if any of mine don't ship.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #3906
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
I have filled up my wood box I keep them in - just a few spaces left in the "greens" I so want more LOL

I am wondering about the air brush system. I'm sure there is someone on here who can tell me if it is worth it or not, and is it easy to use?
I love mine!! I do use if pretty frequently so I still consider it a very good purchase. I sometimes even use it for getting a similiar look to Tim Holtz Distress Inks on borders. I found a great deal on my aircompress at Harbor Freight here:
Airbrush Compressor - 1/8 HP, 40 PSI
You still need the ABS (the parts that attach your copics to your compressor).

Last edited by danac; 07-28-2011 at 09:42 AM..
Old 07-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #3907
Stazon Splitcoast

ooo, there is a Harbor Freight right across the street.................
Old 07-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #3908
Quacker Stamper

I placed an order with carpediemstore the other day - oozak didn't have everything in stock before the price hike.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 07-28-2011, 11:39 AM   #3909
Polyshrink Goddess

Just placed my order with Oozak .. I was checking the site evey couple of minutes to see if the new items posted yet. I ordered enough in the last couple of weeks that I shouldnt have to order anything in several years.
Oozak is awesome I love their shipping ... Carpe diem was a little disappointing my last shipment as I never got any tracking information .. and I requested to sign for the box so I was grounded to my house for a while.
Now to sell off all my Ciao markers
Old 07-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #3910
Die Cut Diva

The mad dash for Copics.
I had an order at Oozak all ready to go on my wish list . Everything I wanted had come in.
I foolishly spent about 10 minutes looking at the site to see if there were any other colors I wanted. I went to check out and two of the colors that were there 10 minutes ago were now sold out.
That will teach me to dawdle
Old 07-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #3911
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
The mad dash for Copics.
I had an order at Oozak all ready to go on my wish list . Everything I wanted had come in.
I foolishly spent about 10 minutes looking at the site to see if there were any other colors I wanted. I went to check out and two of the colors that were there 10 minutes ago were now sold out.
That will teach me to dawdle
Oh, no! That happened to me last week and I learned my lesson. Today I had everything ready in my wish list and added it to my cart. I even had substitutes ready in case the ones I wanted weren't in. That paid off because I needed to use a few subs. I was disappointed more of the refills weren't in but I spent enough money anyway, so I guess it was just as well!

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Old 07-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #3912
Rubber Obsessor

Don't you just love it? Are we all a bit daffy or what? I ordered on Monday, and reordered today. I love Oozak almost as much as Copics. How great is that, to work with someone who actually believes in Customer Service. Enjoy the newest additions to your color chart. So many colors, so little time!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:42 AM   #3913
Polyshrink Goddess

I've been getting my Copics at Scrap-mart.com Making Memories Slice Digital Design Cutter Slice Design Cards Craft Cutters, Spellbinders. Free shipping under $50 and great prices. 3 refills are now on the way to my house.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:05 AM   #3914
Quacker Stamper

Placed my order for a few Sketch markers last night and added in some Opaque White, a couple empty markers, and a couple of refills. Should hold me for quite a while.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 07-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #3915
Polyshrink Goddess

Ugh my order says delivered but I got home and no package. My roommate is also missing. Maybe whoever took my package took her too. Or maybe she left thru the front door and took my package with her. I really hope she has my package!
Old 07-29-2011, 04:18 PM   #3916
Quacker Stamper

Oh, Michelle, I hope you find your package and your roommate!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 07-30-2011, 06:38 AM   #3917
Polyshrink Goddess

I think I know what happened. Roomate is here but no package. It was garbage day. They probably picked up the box and chucked it with the other trash. Darn it! I guess the shadows and shading book is not meant to be in my future.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:15 AM   #3918
Die Cut Diva

Oh Michelle that is awful!!
Did you order Copic too?
Maybe someone stole it! They would not know what was in the box. I hope some one makes things rignt for you

Maybe we can all chip in and help.
I have an extra RV11 that I didn't realize I had when I bought it. If you don't have that one I could mail it you.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #3919
Polyshrink Goddess

Aww that is so sweet. I am fine. I only ordered 4 copic refills and an N0 marker. I can replace that next time I get paid. I am just bummed out about the Shadows and Shading book as I wanted to read it this weekend and work on my copic coloring. Thank god I didnt order more markers... Then I would really be upset!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #3920
Die Cut Diva

Michelle this may not be what happened to your package, but do you have bushes or a hedge next to your house?

Many years ago I had a vacuum cleaner that they said was delivered, but I didn't get it or so I thought.
On Saturday when I went out to mow and trim the grass I saw something behind the hedge next to the house. Further investigation showed it was the box with my vacuum cleaner.
Look around your house to see if there is an obscured place they could have left the box