Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #3841
Rubber Obsessor

Default has anyone ordered from

Has anyone ordered from Copic Marker Scrapbooking - Copic Markers, Scrapbooking, Manga & More !
They have free shipping, but think from looking at it you have to join and pay to join or a period of time for the specials. They do ship to Canada and US though

Last edited by shonni; 06-07-2011 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: spelling
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #3842
Compulsive Stamper

Default matching 2012 new SU in colors to copics

I understand the price pf copics will be going up in July- has anyone figured out which markers will match the new in colors? Thanks!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:52 AM   #3843
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkat22 View Post
... has anyone figured out which markers will match the new in colors? Thanks!
My Create Ink Color Lab gives Copic matches for the new In Colors. In the left column, the radio buttons should be From: Stampin' Up, To: Copic. Choose "Current Colors" in the first drop-down box and "All Copic Colors" in the second. Then click the Match Colors button. Swatches for the five new In Colors will be shown at the bottom of the list. Here's a link... My Create Ink - ColorMatch ColorLab

On my website: 13 Copic Coloring Guides
Illustrator for: Angels Landing Digital Stamps
Old 06-08-2011, 06:04 AM   #3844
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

Thank you - that is a great tool!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #3845
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Does anyone have a complete list of all SU colors matched to Copics? Including the new 2011 in-colors? One that I can print out?

Thanks in advance--Barb
Old 07-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #3846
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Does anyone have a complete list of all SU colors matched to Copics? Including the new 2011 in-colors? One that I can print out?

Thanks in advance--Barb
Attached is a Stampin' Up! color chart that has suggested matches for Copics, RGB codes, and Prisma Pencils. It's made to allow you to color in the matching colors and add sample of card stock. Hope this help
Attached Files
File Type: pdf su color chart for binder pp 2011_2012.pdf (456.1 KB, 440 views)
Old 07-24-2011, 05:00 AM   #3847
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamphappy1650 View Post
Attached is a Stampin' Up! color chart that has suggested matches for Copics, RGB codes, and Prisma Pencils. It's made to allow you to color in the matching colors and add sample of card stock. Hope this help
Thanks for sharing that updated list. I love to have that in my binder.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 07-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #3848
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycrunchymama View Post
Okay, I'll start.

I have found that the Memento Ink works great with the PTI white cardstock that I use.

I would like to try Palette Noir ink next to see if the images are crisper.

I would also like to try Gina K's Luxury Cardstock. I heard it's wonderful for Copics.

Right now I only own about a dozen Sketch markers so they just sit on my table. I'd love to get the Making Memories lazy susan for them. But I'm afraid they would look so sparse and lonely that I would have to go out and buy a huge set. And my credit card can't handle that right now.
Gina K Luxury is my choice for coloring with Copics. It works beautifully. I also use Neenah.

My Blog
- My Gallery
Old 07-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #3849
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1958 View Post
Gina K Luxury is my choice for coloring with Copics. It works beautifully. I also use Neenah.
My favorites are Gina K or X-Press-It. I don't use Neenah any longer because the reds can really bleed on that paper. X-Press-It is the paper Copic recommends.
Color Challenge Guest Hostess May-December 2014
QFTD215
Old 07-25-2011, 06:53 AM   #3850
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nillysilly_ol'bear View Post
thank you so much! and thanks also to Judi for the link. I have added it to my favorites. y'all are great!
now to get over my fear of my copics and actually start using them...... yikes!
Jennifer, take a bit of time to experiment. First just draw some circles and try shading them. Decide where your light source is coming from. One suggestion would be to take a pencil and lay it on your desk to simulate the light source--for example, if the light source is coming from the upper right, lay the pencil at the upper right of your sheet of cardstock, pointing towards the center of the page.

Now take 2 or 3 markers that are the same color family (R, B, BG, etc) and separated by one or two digits in the last number (BG 11, BG 13, BG 15, for example). Most people seem to start with the lightest shade, so color the entire circle with that shade. Then color the area of the circle that's going to be in the shadows with the medium shade. Go back with the lightest shade and blend. Now add the darkest shade just at the edge where it's darkest (in this example it would be the lower left-hand edges). Last, go back and blend all over with the lightest color again.

After you've colored a few circles, stamp an outline stamp and start coloring it in. Try different color combinations. As you find effects you like, be sure to write down the markers you used. Start a notebook so you can refer back to those records when you want to duplicate a design.

Most of all, have fun!
Color Challenge Guest Hostess May-December 2014
QFTD215
Old 07-25-2011, 06:56 AM   #3851
Rubber Obsessor

Hi everyone I have a quick question I am hoping someone can answer I am taking the plunge and getting copics the sketch ones. I have been reading and reading about them. People are saying they are the best bang for the buck (is this correct?) anyway I found an online store that has the sketch for 4.87 with free shipping over 25.00 it is called scrapbookpal.com has anyone ordered from them? Are they safe to order from? quick shipping etc?

thanks for any and all help.

Bonnie
Old 07-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #3852
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynmicsmom View Post
Hi everyone I have a quick question I am hoping someone can answer I am taking the plunge and getting copics the sketch ones. I have been reading and reading about them. People are saying they are the best bang for the buck (is this correct?) anyway I found an online store that has the sketch for 4.87 with free shipping over 25.00 it is called scrapbookpal.com has anyone ordered from them? Are they safe to order from? quick shipping etc?

thanks for any and all help.

Bonnie
Yes, the Sketch markers are the best buy for your $$. They hold more ink than all the rest of them and they come in all the different tones of color.

I've never purchased from scrapbookpal.com, but right now Carpe Diem Store: Art, Architecture, Hobby and Crafting Supplies has them for $3.95 each. The website says $4.87 when you are shopping, but if you go look in your cart, they are marked down to $3.95. Good luck wherever you purchase. BTW, I was looking to place a small order over the weekend and another good site - Oozak.com: eCustomer Service at its BEST! is OUT of a lot of the different colors which near always is the case with them although I have purchased from them before, but they are not as cheap as carpediem right now.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #3853
Rubber Obsessor

thank you picking colors then heading there.

Bonnie
Old 07-25-2011, 11:11 AM   #3854
Rubber Obsessor

woo hoo picked out 31 markers and a 72 count carrying box. Thanks for your help. I am so psyched I can not wait to get them cost 131 and free shipping! My hubby is buying them for me for my bday in August. Bigger deal I get them before my bday!

Thanks again,
Bonnie
Old 07-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #3855
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
woo hoo picked out 31 markers and a 72 count carrying box. Thanks for your help. I am so psyched I can not wait to get them cost 131 and free shipping! My hubby is buying them for me for my bday in August. Bigger deal I get them before my bday!

Thanks again,
Bonnie
Congratulations Bonnie on your awesome purchase. I know that you are just going to love them. Sounds like you got a great deal. Enjoy, and how wonderful that they are a gift for you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-25-2011, 11:47 AM   #3856
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

You got a great deal - espically before the price increase on Aug 1.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #3857
Polyshrink Goddess

Congratulations Bonnie! I hope you enjoy your early bday present! I hope you got some Copic friendly cardstock (X-Press It, Neenah, Gina K), ink(Memento), and a colorless blender and some blender solution too!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:38 AM   #3858
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Michelle. I already have the su whisper white and the Georgia ? from Walmart. I also have the distress ink black soot so I should be good and yes I did get the blender marker
Patiently waiting for my order
Bonnie

Last edited by tynmicsmom; 07-26-2011 at 06:40 AM.. Reason: added something
Old 07-26-2011, 06:53 AM   #3859
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Thanks Michelle. I already have the su whisper white and the Georgia ? from Walmart. I also have the distress ink black soot so I should be good and yes I did get the blender marker
Patiently waiting for my order
Bonnie
Hey Bonnie, I would not use the SU whisper white with your Copics. The coating on the paper can destroy your Copic nibs and you will need to replace them. Georgia Pacific is ok for practicing with your copics but you may want to eventually upgrade to a cardstock that does not bleed as much. The GP can absorb a lot of ink from your copics too.

Not sure if Distress Ink will play nice with the copics. If you test it.. make sure to dry it well or emboss it with clear embossing powder so it doesn't smear.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:44 AM   #3860
Rubber Obsessor

good to know. I have only read good things about the paper and the ink. someone did an ink test and the black soot rated a 1.33 out of 5 1 being good 5 smearing badly. however they did not say if you had to dry it or not. Guess I will just head out and buy memento black to be super safe

I do have a question about the bleeding though if you put a layer behind it whats the differance? when I make a card to color I use the first layer which is the base, then a middle layer of another color then the white layer. Wondering if bleeding is still an issue? Don't mean to sound stupid lol. Just want to make sure not to ruin my investment.

thank you for all your help.

Bonnie
Old 07-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #3861
Kookie Creator

Hello fellow copic lovers. I have been using copics for 2 years now and steadily building my collection. Needless to say I am far from complete but still blessed! Since using copics I've been getting by with the most economical paper which is georgia pacific 110#, I have noticed I am deff outgrowing this medium of paper. It has served me well but I want to upgrade. I can't afford to buy all the different kinds of paper out there to try but would like to try some before I decide on a brand to buy.
Would anyone be interested in sending me a couple of samples of what you use? I would be more then happy to pay you for them, and can even pay postage. Or I can send you some stamped images with memento ink on GP, as a swap.. Thanks for reading and have a great day.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #3862
Embossing Fanatic

Thank you for all of this info! My Michael's is just starting to carry Copics, and I have held out on buying them for a loooooong time. But, I am ready to dive in, and was wondering where to start. That's why I was reading these threads. Looking at the color wheel and printing the chart will help me a ton!! THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbapp View Post
Ok...not sure if this will help anyone...since all computer screens are different. But here is the color-in chart that I use for my markers...I haven't updated it yet with my last order, but if it works...I can redo the photo with the rest of them.

The online swatches are HORRIBLY OFF on many colors...and I bought quite a few colors based on recommendations of others thinking they would just be WRONG when I saw the swatch in my shopping cart...but they got here and were perfect! So in person, these colors do look different!

Hopefully if you have a few of the same colors as I do, you can get a good idea of what you want next...and what you don't!

This chart was printed on PTI CS...on geogia pacific CS the colors looked a bit more grayed-out.

A nice thing to know is: You don't need all 322 Sketch colors EVER. Many are nearly identical to each other. Check out the library at copicmarker.com and click on color wheel to see which ones. (This chart is there too) I printed that wheel and checked off what I have, so that when I order more, I don't buy one right next to one I already have, as the one I have can be used instead.

Hope this helps!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:00 AM   #3863
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
good to know. I have only read good things about the paper and the ink. someone did an ink test and the black soot rated a 1.33 out of 5 1 being good 5 smearing badly. however they did not say if you had to dry it or not. Guess I will just head out and buy memento black to be super safe

I do have a question about the bleeding though if you put a layer behind it whats the differance? when I make a card to color I use the first layer which is the base, then a middle layer of another color then the white layer. Wondering if bleeding is still an issue? Don't mean to sound stupid lol. Just want to make sure not to ruin my investment.

Bonnie
Bleeding doesn't mean that the ink is going through the paper. Actually you should be able to see the image on the reverse side of your paper; bleeding means that the ink will bleed out of the lines of your image and you don't want that to happen.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-26-2011, 09:14 AM   #3864
Polyshrink Goddess

I have never tried the black soot so go ahead and try it and see if it works for you with the Georgia Pacific. Each Ink can react differently with each paper, and user too! There should be bleed thru on the back side of the paper that is normal and is a good indication that you are blending properly. The bleeding that I am referring to with the GP cardstock is when the copic ink bleeds outside of the lines of your stamped image. For me, GP bleeds more than all of the other cardstocks I have tried...but it is very cost effective to practice with.

Mireles4- I would be happy to send a sample of some of the cardstock that I currently use... Copic X-Press It and Boise HD Color Copy Cover.

Quote:

Bonnie
Old 07-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #3865
Mad Swapper

I am sure this has been addressed at some point here but I really don't want to read through 98 pages so forgive me if this question is redundant! What is the best video or printed (free) tutorial you have found for copic instruction. I am NOT talking about whole web sites devoted to coloring techniques. Just a general tut that shows a good technique for basic coloring/blending. Hope this isn't too much to ask for LOL!

Blog Paper Rocks!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #3866
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknath View Post
I am sure this has been addressed at some point here but I really don't want to read through 98 pages so forgive me if this question is redundant! What is the best video or printed (free) tutorial you have found for copic instruction. I am NOT talking about whole web sites devoted to coloring techniques. Just a general tut that shows a good technique for basic coloring/blending. Hope this isn't too much to ask for LOL!
Check out you-tube, they have great technique videos.

Also Scrap Bitz has great tutorials both video and pdf style for printing.

Blog - Ink'n General
Old 07-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #3867
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, Kim -- I'm sure you're going to get a lot of great suggestions for Copic tutorials.

One of my favorite videos is by Jenn Muraoka. She does a good job explaining the palette method for blending Copic markers... ‪Copic Tutorial‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #3868
Polyshrink Goddess

I can't say what the best videos are but I like the following channels on youtube for copic coloring videos:

michellesmith -there are good basic coloring videos in coordination with TAC and their Copic Caboodles sets that they sell

Suzannejdean

makeupartistkatie

makeitcrafty

(sorry I can't get on youtube right now to get the links)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknath View Post
Old 07-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #3869
Hardware Hotshot

I'm sure most copic users have seen the posting that copics are going up August 1st, see Oozak for one. I went online to another source, creative play stamps. They don't seem to have the same shortage as the above mentioned site. Sure does make me wonder if this is a gimic to make us want to order now, but unavailable, and suddenly they will appear in stock after August 1st arrives. I have always had great luck with both companies. I ordered from the creative play stamps to get some extra copic refills, in case, price does go up. I, for one will be watching to see if this is true. Anyone else order before august 1st.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Old 07-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #3870
Hardware Hotshot

I am going to have to replace my first nibs. I have been able to get the nibs replacements, but, not the nib puller tool. Have you replaced these nibs with any other tool, regular twizzers, or something. Is it an effort to remove and replace them? The nib puller is hard to find, that it isn't out of stock, when I have made my purchases. Just plain unlucky with that effort.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Old 07-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #3871
Proud Fan Club Member

Oozak.com: eCustomer Service at its BEST! is raising their prices on Copic Markers after August 1st.

You can read about it on their home page.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #3872
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampencamper View Post
I am going to have to replace my first nibs. I have been able to get the nibs replacements, but, not the nib puller tool. Have you replaced these nibs with any other tool, regular twizzers, or something. Is it an effort to remove and replace them? The nib puller is hard to find, that it isn't out of stock, when I have made my purchases. Just plain unlucky with that effort.
Hi Carolyn,
When I replaced my nibs I just used my fingers. They got inky and I washed them with rubbing alcohol. It was easy... I don't think you really truly need the nib puller unless you are OCD about getting messy.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:13 AM   #3873
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
When I refill my ink I just use a pair of tweezers to carefully pull the nib out. You can clean the tweezer tips with alcohol when you're finished.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:41 AM   #3874
Rubber Obsessor

Kind of bummed this morning, went to check on my order from carpediem and half of it is still pending darn I was hoping to be able to play with the new markers this weekend. Oh well such is life.

Margarette thanks again for all the info Glad you explained bleeding lol I never would have guessed the true meaning. I feel pretty confident with all my new info on what to look for and do or not do. I am sure I will have more questins along the way. Its wonderful to know that I can get all the answers here

Have a great day!

Bonnie
Old 07-27-2011, 05:31 AM   #3875
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I am going to have to replace my first nibs. I have been able to get the nibs replacements, but, not the nib puller tool. Have you replaced these nibs with any other tool, regular twizzers, or something. ...
In another post, Marianne Walker suggested using either Copic tweezers or needle-nose pliers to remove the tips.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 AM   #3876
Rubber Obsessor

Does anyone know the dirrerence between the black and special black on the sketch?
thanks,
Bonnie
Old 07-27-2011, 07:38 AM   #3877
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Does anyone know the dirrerence between the black and special black on the sketch?
thanks,
Bonnie
From COPICMARKER.COM | U.S. Distributor of Copic Markers

Q: What’s the difference between 100 and 110?
The 100 is a “true”, deep blue black, the 110 is a slightly neutral gray black- it comes down to what pigments were used to make up each color. The 110 would be equivalent to a T11, if such a number existed on our color chart. The two blacks may not look different on your paper, but on some papers they do.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-27-2011, 08:15 AM   #3878
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
thanks,
Bonnie
For what it is worth I hardly ever use the black markers. I rather shade with grays to create a black effect with more dimension. (I normally use the C1 C3 C5 C7 C9 range).

Marianne Walker has a great post on that here
Old 07-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #3879
Kookie Creator

I too have just used my fingers to replace nibs. Lucky I've only had to replace one out of all my markers in the last two years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellena317 View Post
Hi Carolyn,
When I replaced my nibs I just used my fingers. They got inky and I washed them with rubbing alcohol. It was easy... I don't think you really truly need the nib puller unless you are OCD about getting messy.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #3880
Kookie Creator

That's happened to me once but once they ship you get it really fast. I now live about 2 hours from carpediem store I'm tempted to drive there and buy a few markers before the price goes up. Good luck I hope you get your markers soon. In the meantime make sure you have necessities like correct ink and paper to color on once they do arrive

Quote:
Kind of bummed this morning, went to check on my order from carpediem and half of it is still pending darn I was hoping to be able to play with the new markers this weekend. Oh well such is life.

Margarette thanks again for all the info Glad you explained bleeding lol I never would have guessed the true meaning. I feel pretty confident with all my new info on what to look for and do or not do. I am sure I will have more questins along the way. Its wonderful to know that I can get all the answers here

Have a great day!

Bonnie