Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #2161
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank canvas View Post
You are all so kind to me thank you. I must be wearing you out! I have a law degree and getting that was easier than understanding Copics!! The trouble is they're so rarely used here in the UK that no one knows much about them so it's hard to get any info. I will have a good read and I think I'm finally getting somewhere in my head! The excitement is coming back and I'm feeling a bit more ooo! inside!

Cardstock remains a problem though. I don't think I can get any of those mentioned, i heard the Copic paper is very thin so wouldn't it be OK to matt onto cards as it may be all I can use other than trying Whisper White. To get papertrey to deliver the minimum weight is something like $25 just for shipping. It's too expensive especially as card is costly so shipping several packs would be even more. Will run of the mill card-even cardblanks cut up not work-think I'll have to try as per the blogs i've seen.

Thank you as ever.
If you want to see some specific colors used on an image, Candice Lighty (for MFT stamps) has done some--for example, using E00 E02 and E11 on skin. I don't have a link but you might be able to find her through MFT's website

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #2162
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoocreative View Post
Yes, there's one that has all of the Sketch marker colors, arranged by color families. But I'm not sure where I got that one...maybe I can attach it.
There's also the "wheel" in the "library" that shows how close they are to each other...
http://www.copicmarker.com/updated%2...%20VERSION.pdf

HTH~
Hi, Lynn!....I wou9ld like the one arranged by families...I think you have my email addy....I'm out of black ink right now for my printer so there is no rush.. would you believe I am up to 39 and have 36 more coming in a trade...it was only a couple of weeks ago when we swapped images and I only had a few...whew!

thanks!!
Old 03-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #2163
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by demodebi View Post
Hi, Lynn!....I wou9ld like the one arranged by families...I think you have my email addy....I'm out of black ink right now for my printer so there is no rush.. would you believe I am up to 39 and have 36 more coming in a trade...it was only a couple of weeks ago when we swapped images and I only had a few...whew!

thanks!!
Are you talking about the one already filled out, or the one you put your own swatches into? The one already filled out is HUGE, and the colors won't be exact, either...so I wouldn't even bother printing it. But maybe you're talking about the other one?

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Old 03-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #2164
Glitter Queen

Quote:
A couple of mine, not cards just images...
I only posted Cruiseabella to show the trouble I have with sky! too too dark, so I used the blender but still too dark
CE is on the windshield (and Riley's glasses), silver pen on the chrome areas, and white gel pen on the white part of the car (and to highlight the apple, glasses).
I like how Tractor Riley's face turned out, but it seems like I did the same thing on the other ones and it didn't look the same! I'm wondering if it's because it's slightly larger so there's more room to blend...or maybe it's just me! LOL I used Bics on the tractor itself to get the darker colors, which I haven't received yet in Copics
I know this post was awhile ago, but maybe you still lurk here....what browns are you using for riley? the one's recommended on the hanna site? or others? thanks.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #2165
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2887 View Post
I know this post was awhile ago, but maybe you still lurk here....what browns are you using for riley? the one's recommended on the hanna site? or others? thanks.
I'm still lurking I'm not 100% positive about all of them, because I didn't write them down, but I'm pretty sure I used E25 on the furry parts plus a lighter one, like E33. I think I started with a creamy tone (Prismacolor marker Cream) in the very light spots. On the antlers I think I went with more of the E31 blended with E25 and maybe a light gray, to make it different from the fur. I don't recall if that's what's recommended on the Hannah site, it's just the browns I have!
HTH!

Last edited by nottoocreative; 03-27-2009 at 08:01 PM..
Old 03-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #2166
Mad Swapper

Here is Oozak's chart. I like it better than the one on the copic markers website because it doesn't explain the numbers on the side, so it has a bigger area to color in with your own color. I thought I'd add it here so I don't lose it. I couldn't find it the other day when I was looking to print it off again. So I hope it helps someone besides me.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf COPIC Blank Color Chart.pdf (59.6 KB, 111 views)

Old 03-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #2167
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj77 View Post
Here is Oozak's chart. I like it better than the one on the copic markers website because it doesn't explain the numbers on the side, so it has a bigger area to color in with your own color. I thought I'd add it here so I don't lose it. I couldn't find it the other day when I was looking to print it off again. So I hope it helps someone besides me.
oooh, that IS nicer, thanks! Oozak has the BIG one (9 Mb, I think) with all the colors filled out on it, too.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:14 AM   #2168
Matboard Maniac

My first few Copics have arrived!!

Oh, gosh, what can i say? They're so soft and full of colour-I LOVE them already!

I decided not to fret anymore and just to have a go-albeit with only a very few. I've just coloured in an image and it looks so lovely-not blening even yet, just playing but the colours are gorgeous. I worried I'd made a mistake getting the Dark brown for hair but even with nothing else the blending pen relly helps lift colour and make the hair look different along with layers of colour elsewhere.

I used a versafine image that had dried overnight but there is a slight bleed so I'm off to try and find a memento black or at least clear emboss my versafine in future.

I can't wait to get more colours and learn to blend-trouble is I'm only on dialup and can'
t see all the videos on Youtube etc. Do you colour in the light colours then add the dark or vice versa-presumably light then dark. Do you then use your lighter colour copic to draw the darker colour into the lighter area if you see what i mean? Is is circles or sweeping strokes?

I'm going to have so much fun today and only got a few-wait til I really get going!! I do want to get more so will try and follow the guidance and get lighter colours but say 3/4 gaps between each pen-sometimes there's a massive jump in colour though from say a pale pink then 3 colours up it's very bright-does the 3/4 number rule cover ALL the colours even the darker ones please?

Thanks-I wouldn't have got this far without all of you! You've been great.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:07 AM   #2169
Polyshrink Goddess

I wanted one already filled in but if it's not going to be worth printing off...too big then nah..lol....I'll just use what I have.....

I have the one to fill in and love being able to fill in the little spaces...have already found a few that are WAY tooo similiar that I could probably trade them off....but not until I get the ones from the trade I did in the mail....

thanks everyone for your help and I'm going to go check out the other one mentioned...
Old 03-28-2009, 06:12 AM   #2170
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank canvas View Post
My first few Copics have arrived!!

Oh, gosh, what can i say? They're so soft and full of colour-I LOVE them already!

I decided not to fret anymore and just to have a go-albeit with only a very few. I've just coloured in an image and it looks so lovely-not blening even yet, just playing but the colours are gorgeous. I worried I'd made a mistake getting the Dark brown for hair but even with nothing else the blending pen relly helps lift colour and make the hair look different along with layers of colour elsewhere.

I used a versafine image that had dried overnight but there is a slight bleed so I'm off to try and find a memento black or at least clear emboss my versafine in future.

I can't wait to get more colours and learn to blend-trouble is I'm only on dialup and can'
t see all the videos on Youtube etc. Do you colour in the light colours then add the dark or vice versa-presumably light then dark. Do you then use your lighter colour copic to draw the darker colour into the lighter area if you see what i mean? Is is circles or sweeping strokes?

I'm going to have so much fun today and only got a few-wait til I really get going!! I do want to get more so will try and follow the guidance and get lighter colours but say 3/4 gaps between each pen-sometimes there's a massive jump in colour though from say a pale pink then 3 colours up it's very bright-does the 3/4 number rule cover ALL the colours even the darker ones please?

Thanks-I wouldn't have got this far without all of you! You've been great.
yay! I'm glad you got them and like them! On the Versafine, it's strange but sometimes that happens to me (it bleeds) but many times it does not. Did you heat set it? That helps.

I understand being on dialup, I just went DSL this year when I enrolled dd in an online school! It does help to see the videos, but some blogs mentioned here do have photos and words...I have read both ways (light first then dark, and dark first then light), but the key is going over the juncture with the lighter color, I think. You want to use little circles from what I've read. Again, no expert here...
I'd go with a 2/3 gap rather than 3/4, unless you are going to use the tip to tip or palette techniques for blending. And, that rule does not cover all of the color groups. You are right, some of them seem to be a bigger jump than others. My feeling is what happens, is that the undertones come out more in the more saturated colors, and you don't always see them in the lighter ones. So, a pale red looks like pink but then when it's a number 6 it looks more like purple (just a hypothetical example). The biggest help to me was Cjbapp's chart with actual swatches and/or asking others if they could see a difference, as I got a few that weren't what I was expecting. In the blues, for example, I thought mine were greener than I expected until someone sent me some actual swatches, so I could see which one was closer to my desired shade.
sorry if that didn't really help! If there's something in particular you are looking for, I think the ladies and gentlemen here will try to help if they have that shade!

Old 03-28-2009, 06:31 AM   #2171
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I wanted one already filled in but if it's not going to be worth printing off...too big then nah..lol....I'll just use what I have.....

I have the one to fill in and love being able to fill in the little spaces...have already found a few that are WAY tooo similiar that I could probably trade them off....but not until I get the ones from the trade I did in the mail....

thanks everyone for your help and I'm going to go check out the other one mentioned...
This one prints on 3 pages, but with small areas of each color...
http://www.copicmarker.com/color_chart_sketch.pdf

For similarity, I think the wheel is helpful because you can see if they are touching (corners or right next to each other), they will be similar. I don't know if that eliminates ALL duplicates but it helps, I think, and if there's a particular one you're wondering about otherwise you could ask here or try the copic similarities thread!

Old 03-28-2009, 06:37 AM   #2172
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
oooh, that IS nicer, thanks! Oozak has the BIG one (9 Mb, I think) with all the colors filled out on it, too.

I live the blank one at Oozak better when I get some ink..lol...but how do you find the charts on the oozak website???...I can't find any of them...I wanted to look at the big one ??...thanks

WHOOPS, CROSS POSTING....LOL
Old 03-28-2009, 06:42 AM   #2173
Polyshrink Goddess

Lynn, I noticed you mentioned:

The biggest help to me was Cjbapp's chart with actual swatches

????....thanks
Old 03-28-2009, 09:16 AM   #2174
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj77 View Post
Cool, thanks for sharing!
Old 03-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #2175
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I live the blank one at Oozak better when I get some ink..lol...but how do you find the charts on the oozak website???...I can't find any of them...I wanted to look at the big one ??...thanks

WHOOPS, CROSS POSTING....LOL
I couldn't find them either! Before, Rusty posted a link directly to them (somewhere in this giant thread!)...I did post the link to the 3 page one, right? I got that one by Googling (copic chart sketch)

Old 03-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #2176
Stazon Splitcoast

I searched this forum thread for Cjbapp and found her chart again (on her blog):
http://papercanoes.blogspot.com/sear...+chart&x=0&y=0
(bigger) http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_syUaZ6nEjg...-h/Picture.jpg

Old 03-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #2177
Stazon Splitcoast

Now I searched for posts by Rusty (oozak.com) and got the 9 pager:
http://www.oozak.com/i/cop/ex/COPIC_9_Pager.pdf
HTH!

Old 03-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #2178
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
yay! I'm glad you got them and like them! On the Versafine, it's strange but sometimes that happens to me (it bleeds) but many times it does not. Did you heat set it? That helps.

I understand being on dialup, I just went DSL this year when I enrolled dd in an online school! It does help to see the videos, but some blogs mentioned here do have photos and words...I have read both ways (light first then dark, and dark first then light), but the key is going over the juncture with the lighter color, I think. You want to use little circles from what I've read. Again, no expert here...
I'd go with a 2/3 gap rather than 3/4, unless you are going to use the tip to tip or palette techniques for blending. And, that rule does not cover all of the color groups. You are right, some of them seem to be a bigger jump than others. My feeling is what happens, is that the undertones come out more in the more saturated colors, and you don't always see them in the lighter ones. So, a pale red looks like pink but then when it's a number 6 it looks more like purple (just a hypothetical example). The biggest help to me was Cjbapp's chart with actual swatches and/or asking others if they could see a difference, as I got a few that weren't what I was expecting. In the blues, for example, I thought mine were greener than I expected until someone sent me some actual swatches, so I could see which one was closer to my desired shade.
sorry if that didn't really help! If there's something in particular you are looking for, I think the ladies and gentlemen here will try to help if they have that shade!

I second a lot of what she says. When I was first buying my copics (I started in February) I took a lot of advice from Lynn and all the others on this site. I've also read where some color light to dark and others do dark to light, I think it's a personal preference and how you can get your desired effect. I'm still practicing so I can't attest to one way or the other. I forget that I can use grays to tone down instead of a lighter color.

As for skipping shades, this is what I did: Made my first order, played with those and immediately ordered more BUT before I did, I read through the copic close enough thread and noted all similar colors mentioned, I went to a site that noted all SU color similarities and noted those. I also filled in a chart and I used all of these tools to help make my next selection. I'd go a few colors away from where I'd colored and decide if I wanted that color, was it an SU color? Was it similar to a color I already had? If it was I marked it on my chart that it was similar to XXX and then I knew/know I don't need that color right off, I can get it later if I feel I need to see for myself. When I get my markers in I color in my chart, I mark off what I don't need if I bought "similars" and then I know where to go for my next order. Does that make sense? Maybe I can pretty up my sheet and send it although I don't have my scanner hooked up to this PC and I don't have one at work anymore. Maybe I can bribe the person that took my job to do it for me. What I also did then was take the colors I had by each group (all the B's or BG's) and did a blending chart for myself. On Marianne's blog it talks of blending families, so say you are coloring grass with YG06. The shading and highlighting colors for your grass would be (in this case the colors I have) YG03 and YG11. I laid down my base color, YG06 and on one side of that I colored over it with my lighter color and on the other side with my darker color leaving some of the original color in the middle. This gives me an idea of how the colors I have blend together, or don't AND helps me again, decide what shades I need next. Does that make sense? Maybe I can get her to scan that too or I can take a picture. My DBF has my camera at his parents right now so I can't do it today.

It's a learning process for sure. I am currently reading Marianne's blog back to current posts and have started a "Copic notebook" taking notes off of it. The front of the book notes "tips" to coloring and at the back of the book I started it with color combos for coloring say hair, skin, water, skies, etc. It's just a small notebook and I keep track of what date I left off. I think I'm only in July of 08 so I've got some reading to do!!

Let us know when you place your next order, or did you already?? They're addicting FUN!!

I'm off to do schoolwork so I can play later.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #2179
Polyshrink Goddess

thanks soooo much...trying to get stamps inventoried to put up for sale, trade, etc...

THEN...going to play with my new friends...copics...hehehehe...

again thanks!
Old 03-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #2180
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
This one prints on 3 pages, but with small areas of each color...
http://www.copicmarker.com/color_chart_sketch.pdf

For similarity, I think the wheel is helpful because you can see if they are touching (corners or right next to each other), they will be similar. I don't know if that eliminates ALL duplicates but it helps, I think, and if there's a particular one you're wondering about otherwise you could ask here or try the copic similarities thread!
I can't get my head around that wheel........it's confusing to me to try to figure out what's touching, etc. I'm sure I'm making it harder than it is. I'm doing ok without it being a reference for me so no loss to me. The wheel is overwhelming to me.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #2181
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
thanks soooo much...trying to get stamps inventoried to put up for sale, trade, etc...

THEN...going to play with my new friends...copics...hehehehe...

again thanks!
Copics are our friends........hehe!
Old 03-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #2182
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via MSN to Stampin Ninja

Hello Copic Lovers!

Has anyone tried to change the tips of their Copics yet? My Mom bought me my first set of Copics (gotta love Mom!) and they were the Original (square) kind. Then I bought a few on a whim and they turned out to be the Sketch (oval) kind and I LOVED them mostly because of the brush tip (the Original's have a ballpoint pen tip and a flat markerish tip). So now I'd like to convert my Original's to Sketch by adding the brush tip but I'm a little nervous.

I found the tips on a couple of different websites but I'm betting there are no instructions that come with them! LOL!

Please let me know what your experience has been like and any tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!!
Old 03-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #2183
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampin Ninja View Post
Hello Copic Lovers!

Has anyone tried to change the tips of their Copics yet? My Mom bought me my first set of Copics (gotta love Mom!) and they were the Original (square) kind. Then I bought a few on a whim and they turned out to be the Sketch (oval) kind and I LOVED them mostly because of the brush tip (the Original's have a ballpoint pen tip and a flat markerish tip). So now I'd like to convert my Original's to Sketch by adding the brush tip but I'm a little nervous.

I found the tips on a couple of different websites but I'm betting there are no instructions that come with them! LOL!

Please let me know what your experience has been like and any tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!!
I have not done it, but I did see instructions on Copics website (in the Library), so maybe that will help?

Old 03-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #2184
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via MSN to Stampin Ninja

Hello Copic Lovers!

I love SCS more and more everyday... I check into this thread daily to learn new tricks and such with my fabulous Copic markers. I was thinking I needed some new images to practice my coloring and shading on and decided to start an image swap for this reason - only to discover there are a couple swaps just like that already! LOL! I'll bet I'm the ONLY one that didn't know that, huh?

Thought I'd share for anyone looking to add fun new images to their collection - happy coloring ladies!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 05:01 AM   #2185
Stampin' Fool

Send a message via Yahoo to Paper Kissy

Quote:
Hello Copic Lovers!

I love SCS more and more everyday... I check into this thread daily to learn new tricks and such with my fabulous Copic markers. I was thinking I needed some new images to practice my coloring and shading on and decided to start an image swap for this reason - only to discover there are a couple swaps just like that already! LOL! I'll bet I'm the ONLY one that didn't know that, huh?

Thought I'd share for anyone looking to add fun new images to their collection - happy coloring ladies!!!

Mine is one of them, and there's still time to sign up...Here's the link
Open Line Art Swap

Erin
Old 03-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #2186
Matboard Maniac

i just posted two whiff of joy cards in my gallery if anyone is interested. They are a lot of fun with the copic markers. i only have about 2 dozen but i can see needing more. i wanted to really play with them first. the more i practice with them the more i'm learning how to use them. it takes some practice thats for sure. I just ordered 8 more
Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #2187
Insane Embellisher

I have also added some cards in my gallery using my Copics. Wow what a difference it is using the right paper! I am luving them now.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #2188
Matboard Maniac

what paper are you using? i still need to play around. I think it takes way less ink when you use SU paper but it seemed to blend better and take more ink on the ctmh paper i used. I am going to keep playing around with it.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #2189
Insane Embellisher

I am using Prism Simply Smooth White. I was using Staples 110 lb. and now I have seen the light!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:18 PM   #2190
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerjenny View Post
i just posted two whiff of joy cards in my gallery if anyone is interested. They are a lot of fun with the copic markers. i only have about 2 dozen but i can see needing more. i wanted to really play with them first. the more i practice with them the more i'm learning how to use them. it takes some practice thats for sure. I just ordered 8 more
Fantastic coloring! I just checked out your gallery! Awesome job! TFS!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:19 PM   #2191
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinLovr View Post
I have also added some cards in my gallery using my Copics. Wow what a difference it is using the right paper! I am luving them now.
Love your Tilda cards! Great coloring! TFS!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #2192
Rubber Obsessor

Okay, please direct me if this has already been covered but...I have sketch markers and I prefer using the brush tip. Someone mentioned to me that you store your markers, preferred tip down so it gets the ink. Now that being said, I had done that and one of my pens blobbed (too much where I couldn't use the blender pen to correct it) while I was coloring. So now I store them brush tip up. Does anyone know or where to find info? I tried searching but the search field was too broad. TIA!!

~Spike
Old 03-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #2193
Rubber Obsessor

You should take off both caps and let lay there a few minutes.. It just may need to stablize pressure...
Old 03-31-2009, 03:24 AM   #2194
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemspice View Post
Okay, please direct me if this has already been covered but...I have sketch markers and I prefer using the brush tip. Someone mentioned to me that you store your markers, preferred tip down so it gets the ink. Now that being said, I had done that and one of my pens blobbed (too much where I couldn't use the blender pen to correct it) while I was coloring. So now I store them brush tip up. Does anyone know or where to find info? I tried searching but the search field was too broad. TIA!!

~Spike
Copic says it doesn't really matter which way you store your markers. They won't dry out if you store them horizontally.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 03-31-2009, 07:20 AM   #2195
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemspice View Post

~Spike

I tend to store my brush up because I like the uniformity of having that end up in my storage however, sometimes it seems a bit dry that way so I just then put it down and take the caps off both ends and let the ink stabilize.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:21 AM   #2196
Matboard Maniac

Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Copic says it doesn't really matter which way you store your markers. They won't dry out if you store them horizontally.
That is absolutely correct. I was at the Copic Certification Course last week and it was mentioned you could store them horizontal or vertical. Both are fine. If they blob, take off both caps for a few minutes and it should equalize.

The shiny paper is better if you want to use less ink. The pulpy paper uses too much ink and it will dry out your copics faster. They are of course refillable and you can buy the refills but maybe not in all places.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:25 AM   #2197
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Hello Copic Lovers!

Thanks!!!
I've changed the tip in a couple of my original copics (make sure that you won't ever want to use that color for the airspraying, because you need the marker tip for that). Anyway, the tip that you can change is the marker tip - just pull and plop in the brush tip. Very easy. Note that the brush tip replacement for the original marker is a little different (shorter) than that on the sketch. The first time I did it, I just pulled it out using a paper towel. I highly recommend using tweezers (I ended up getting the copic tweezers after trying a couple of cosmetic tweezers - the smaller tips in the cosmetic tweezers can cause you to squeeze too hard and indent the marker tip). Using the tweezers will save the ink (when using the paper towel, some of the ink wicks onto the towel). I saved my marker tips (I'm a bit of a saver - "I might need it sometime"), although I haven't converted any back. HTHs.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:11 AM   #2198
Matboard Maniac

I am loving these markers and the more I practice the easier they are becoming. The thing i tried this week was working with my c1 grey marker. I added it over pinks and blues and it really made nice shading...try it out and let me know what you think.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:14 AM   #2199
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to 20something

This is kind of random, but I thought it might be helpful to someone. I just found out this week that Copics color AMAZINGLY on leather! I had some scraps of leather I was using for a project. I stamped them with Memento Ink (my usual ink for Copics) and then colored them. The coloring seemed to dull or take off the memento ink a little, so I just went back over the lines with a black fine-tip marker when I was done. Here's a couple links:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=161487
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=161487
Old 03-31-2009, 12:03 PM   #2200
Kookie Creator

Send a message via AIM to KarrieLyne

After reading all these posts and numerous others here on SCS and checking out the galleries and blogs I have finally decided I NEED Copics and took the plunge!! I placed an order at www.carpediemstore.com as they have the Sketch markers for $3.95 each now and free shipping for orders over $80 of Copics only! Super deal compared to what I've seen!! I can't wait to get them and start to play!!

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful information and you can all pat yourselves on the back for being sucessful enablers

Happy coloring!!