Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #2001
Polyshrink Goddess

I bought a set at Ebay yesterday. I did a search for Ciao Copics and looked at each set. You can enlarge the color charts of each set. The Japanese sets provided the largest pictures. That helped in making my final decision. BTW, I got the C set because it contained many pastels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klawster View Post
okay i know i am reinventing the same quesion but i with two little ones at me all the time i do not have time to go through 50 pages of posts....so here we go....

could someone refer me where or just anser the following i would greatly appreciate it.

i am going to take the plunge on copics but i would like to know which colors are the best to start out with if one was to only purchase 10-12 colors?

thanks so much for helping this newbie at copics!
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #2002
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawster View Post
okay i know i am reinventing the same quesion but i with two little ones at me all the time i do not have time to go through 50 pages of posts....so here we go....

could someone refer me where or just anser the following i would greatly appreciate it.

i am going to take the plunge on copics but i would like to know which colors are the best to start out with if one was to only purchase 10-12 colors?

thanks so much for helping this newbie at copics!
It depends on what you color, but for me I went for skin & hair colors first; then added blues & greens for water/sky/foliage, and pinks because I have a 6 yo dd!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Old 03-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #2003
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to cjbapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoocreative View Post
Beautiful card, and I love that image too. That, and the "Daisy" one may get me to fork over the Pounds for shipping
You know there are US places that sell them...I got mine from the US but forgot which company... 7kidscollegefund carries them too but were out of stock on the ones I wanted when I ordered. It was $2 for shipping for mine...I should find out where. LOL

And Michelle...your High Hopes puppy was colored perfectly!! I love it!!
Old 03-15-2009, 09:10 AM   #2004
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettostate View Post
Can I color images printed on my inkjet printer? I am {fairly} certain a laser printer is fine, but not sure about inkjet. Anyone know?
TIA
You have a 50/50 chance it may work. I've heard of some people that have no problems with Inkjet printed images, but also by experience I have seen most of the inkjet inks bleed.

Laser/Copies do work well with Copics.

| Copic Certified Designer | ~ My Blog -CopicArt.com~
Old 03-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #2005
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbapp View Post
You know there are US places that sell them...I got mine from the US but forgot which company... 7kidscollegefund carries them too but were out of stock on the ones I wanted when I ordered. It was $2 for shipping for mine...I should find out where. LOL

If shipping was $2, it was probably All That Scraps....

My gallery
My blog ~~~ Mommy Time
My Etsy shop
Old 03-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #2006
Hardware Hotshot

Can someone tell me, and I'm sure this is on Marianne's blog in which I'm trying to read through right now while school is out but just in case I get a quicker answer here..............when I'm blending, which color do I blend with? This is what I mean........say I'm using B24 as my base, I color my image, then I add B21 for highlighting and B32 for shadowing........which color do I use to go over this and blend it all with, the B24 right? If I use my colorless blender it gets spotty. OR do I use a gray?

Also, I've seen a lot of outlining images with a gray and I like the way it looks mostly, but is it necessary? Why do we do it? Any other ideas on making a shadow like that? I'm asking because I'm coloring Charlie (from Clear Dollar Stamps, he is the CUTEST) and his legs are just a black line so I color over them with my brown and then when I'm outlining it's like I'm making his legs even bigger so I've trid to make a small gray outline. Also, he's frolicking through daisies so when I outline them I feel I need to fill in the tiny white spaces in between. Make sense? I'll try to post a picture in a few. He's turned out pretty cute if I must say so and pat myself on the back.

As I've received my copics, I cannot believe how gorgeous the colors are, I love some of these colors. They're just so vibrant when they need to be and soft and pretty when they need to be. I wish SU would come out with some of these colors. I think it's R29 or RV twenty something, it's like a hot pink, that is actualy one of my favorite colors right now.......and it's a bright one, go figure. I just had to say that because I can sit and look at my little color chart I made so I know how the colors look on the paper I'm using and think, how pretty!! Yah, I know, I'm a dork but I know you all do it too......or we look in admirement at what holds our copics, it's like a bouquet of flowers. Hehehe! I might need a nap, I'm feeling a bit slap happy.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #2007
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinkyfingers View Post
Can someone tell me, and I'm sure this is on Marianne's blog in which I'm trying to read through right now while school is out but just in case I get a quicker answer here..............when I'm blending, which color do I blend with? This is what I mean........say I'm using B24 as my base, I color my image, then I add B21 for highlighting and B32 for shadowing........which color do I use to go over this and blend it all with, the B24 right? If I use my colorless blender it gets spotty. OR do I use a gray?

Blend with the lightest shade, most start with the lightest, add darker shading, then color over with lightest.

Also, I've seen a lot of outlining images with a gray and I like the way it looks mostly, but is it necessary? Why do we do it? Any other ideas on making a shadow like that? I'm asking because I'm coloring Charlie (from Clear Dollar Stamps, he is the CUTEST) and his legs are just a black line so I color over them with my brown and then when I'm outlining it's like I'm making his legs even bigger so I've trid to make a small gray outline. Also, he's frolicking through daisies so when I outline them I feel I need to fill in the tiny white spaces in between. Make sense? I'll try to post a picture in a few. He's turned out pretty cute if I must say so and pat myself on the back.
Outlining grounds your figures, maybe just color 2 and compare, and trust me you will start doing it. I sometimes use a pale shade of blue for it. I would probably just use a thin gray and no brown on stick legs.

As I've received my copics, I cannot believe how gorgeous the colors are, I love some of these colors. They're just so vibrant when they need to be and soft and pretty when they need to be. I wish SU would come out with some of these colors. I think it's R29 or RV twenty something, it's like a hot pink, that is actualy one of my favorite colors right now.......and it's a bright one, go figure. I just had to say that because I can sit and look at my little color chart I made so I know how the colors look on the paper I'm using and think, how pretty!! Yah, I know, I'm a dork but I know you all do it too......or we look in admirement at what holds our copics, it's like a bouquet of flowers. Hehehe! I might need a nap, I'm feeling a bit slap happy.
HTH ENJOY!!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #2008
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you. The ones I've done do seem to look better, I was just curious as to why really and if everyone did it, some you can't tell and after mine dries, sometimes you can't tell either.

I'll try the gray on the legs but I'm scared he will look like he's missing legs, haha!!

After a call with my parents, I'm off to finish a couple cards I started yesterday and laundry............ick on the laundry!
Old 03-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #2009
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallcomp View Post
You have a 50/50 chance it may work. I've heard of some people that have no problems with Inkjet printed images, but also by experience I have seen most of the inkjet inks bleed.

Laser/Copies do work well with Copics.
I have an older HP ink jet (7760 Photosmart) and have had problems with ink bleeding when the paper gets wet after printing so I was very skeptical about coloring printed images. I experimented with different types of paper (GP cardstock, watercolor paper and regular old everyday printer paper) and had zero problems with bleeding using Copics, Bics or SU markers. Go figure. . . I used images that were brushes in Photoshop (because that's the closest thing I had to digital stamps) and I thought that the "lines" were a little thick and "flat" for my tastes-I don't know if actual digital stamps look nicer.

You'll just have to experiment.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #2010
Polyshrink Goddess

I know this is probably posted somewhere in this thread so sorry if it's repetitive. Just didn't want to go find it and thought it may help someone else.

Anyhow, while coloring and making cards today I remembered somewhere that someone said you can use copic markers to make colored ribbon. I took some of my WW ribbon, colored with Y17 and viola a perfect match to my glorious green cs. I was able to finish some St. Patty's day cards with perfectly matched ribbon. It dried very, very quickly. No smearing and no messy fingers. IMO much better than using a reinker to match ribbon. Well off to try some more colors.

Hope this helps someone else.

My new BLOG
Old 03-15-2009, 05:40 PM   #2011
Cardstock Collector

I don't know if anyone can use more Copics but............ for 3 days KraftyatKrafts is having a 50% off all inventory and the Sketch markers come out to $3.49. You don't see the 50% till you put it in your cart. They don't have all the colors but maybe some you need. The shipping doesn't seem a lot either. Hope I have enabled all that has enabled me, LOL.
Robin
It says I can't post the URL till I have made 3 forum posts.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:40 PM   #2012
Cardstock Collector

So I have one more post and I can leave the site addy.
Robin
Old 03-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #2013
Cardstock Collector

Hope it works this time. It's: http://www.kraftyatkrafts.com/?cpg=@...7&cpn=27701290
Robin
Old 03-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #2014
Cardstock Collector

Default Copics

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycrunchymama View Post
I am just beginning to use these markers and just love them! I haven't been obsessed about a product since, well, since I discovered stamping.

I know that there are tons of threads on here about Copic markers but I thought it would be fun to have a "Copic Chatter" like there is a "Cricut Chatter".

So let's talk about the Best place to buy, Best Inkpad, Best Cardstock your most used Colors, Storage ideas, your tried and true tips and share your creations!
icopic.com - after you become a member they are $4.20 and free shipping on orders over $50
Old 03-15-2009, 06:50 PM   #2015
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenandoahlady View Post
Hope it works this time. It's: http://www.kraftyatkrafts.com/?cpg=@...7&cpn=27701290
Robin
thanks, checked it out, they only had one from my wish list of 26
Old 03-15-2009, 06:57 PM   #2016
Crimping Master

Well, my copic collection just doubled! Not hard to do when you only have 6. I order 6 more from KraftyatKrafts. I would have loved to have ordered more for that price but finances are not what I would like them to be and that is the best I can do right now, but I am thrilled. I do have a slew of Bic's and Sharpies (and a few Prismacolors) so I have mainly light colored copics. I know I am not in the same league with you ladies but I figured we all have to start somewhere and besides I know you would understand why I am so thrilled about markers!!!!!

Pamela

Last edited by Curly Chick; 03-15-2009 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 03-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #2017
Die Cut Diva

Do any of you have the stand like shown here? If so, what do you think about it. Thanks, anybody!

Old 03-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #2018
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Chick View Post
Well, my copic collection just doubled! Not hard to do when you only have 6. I order 6 more from KraftyatKrafts. I would have loved to have ordered more for that price but finances are not what I would like them to be and that is the best I can do right now, but I am thrilled. I do have a slew of Bic's and Sharpies (and a few Prismacolors) so I have mainly light colored copics. I know I am not in the same league with you ladies but I figured we all have to start somewhere and besides I know you would understand why I am so thrilled about markers!!!!!

Pamela
Pamela

I've only just begun myself and considering all the other markers you have, you've probably what I have in Copics or others here. There was a poll done recently and I was surprised that even before my 2nd and 3rd order I was in the majority (33 at the time) for # of Copics and only slowly did I fall out of the majority. I've ordered more since and I wouldn't say because my finances allowed really, just that I chose to treat myself instead of extra on bills like a responsible adult. Certainly I should have been completely responsible and paid extra on bills, etc. but I don't spend on my hobby every month, it's an every few months thing maybe and only a small amount so once a year I treat myself. There are many more I'd like and I'm getting a good feel for learning to use what I have right now. I didn't have any other mediums like you do, only SU markers. Be sure to share your colorings. I'd like to see how different mediums work together with Copics.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:02 AM   #2019
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbapp View Post

NO, I didn't know that! I was wondering, but hadn't done the search yet...and I like $2 shipping!! Thanks!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Old 03-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #2020
Cardstock Collector

I am so excited. I just bought the Sugar Nellie Daisy stamp from Funky Kits. I can't wait for it to come. Thanks again to all who enabled, LOL. Wonder how long it takes to get here from Scotland.
Robin
Old 03-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #2021
Polyshrink Goddess

I JUST got my first copics from carpe diem....have not even opened them yet...have to take care of kids and hubby first..spring break here....I'm sure I'll be back..

debi
Old 03-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #2022
Stampin' Fool

I haven't been on this site for a long time but I'm getting back into stamping. I feel weird about posting but carpediemstore has a great deal on copic ciao markers, set of 36. I got 36c, anyway regularly 115.83 plus shipping and I got them for 89.64 plus shipping. I think that's a pretty good deal considering what I've seen on ebay.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #2023
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenandoahlady View Post
I am so excited. I just bought the Sugar Nellie Daisy stamp from Funky Kits. I can't wait for it to come. Thanks again to all who enabled, LOL. Wonder how long it takes to get here from Scotland.
Robin
It only took a week! I couldn't believe it was that fast!
They are so adorable! I know you will love them. I haven't had a chance to stamp mine yet but I did trim them so they are ready!
Old 03-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #2024
Matboard Maniac

Can't get a search to work here...?? anyone know the post that printed on clear labels and used Corp-a-dile to label end of Ciaos ?? TIA!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #2025
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofoneson View Post
I haven't been on this site for a long time but I'm getting back into stamping. I feel weird about posting but carpediemstore has a great deal on copic ciao markers, set of 36. I got 36c, anyway regularly 115.83 plus shipping and I got them for 89.64 plus shipping. I think that's a pretty good deal considering what I've seen on ebay.
ooo, maybe this is a newsflash?

i emailed carpe about returning some refills and their response was that they are discontinuing ciao, originals, and refills there. so maybe there are/will be some great ciao deals! and i still have my refills FSOT in the BST forum if anyone is interested. just want to get what i paid. they are mostly SU matches.

happy shopping all!
Old 03-16-2009, 05:58 PM   #2026
Mad Swapper

Whoo hoo, yay for KraftyKrafts! I just picked up 12 more Copics. The shipping was so reasonable too!

My Blog: Stamp Pretty
My Gallery
Old 03-17-2009, 04:35 AM   #2027
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry107 View Post
Can't get a search to work here...?? anyone know the post that printed on clear labels and used Corp-a-dile to label end of Ciaos ?? TIA!!!
That was me - what do you need to know?

I used a very small onyx font at 8pt (could have used larger in retrospect)
Old 03-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #2028
Stampin' Fool

I want to share a card but I have never figured out how to put a card on here. I guess I just need to try it.
So I am trying, we'll see if it worked
Attached Thumbnails
img_0007.jpg  
Old 03-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #2029
Stampin' Fool

Here are two more and there goes my pride.
Attached Thumbnails
p1020162.jpg   p1020160.jpg  
Old 03-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #2030
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysnowflake View Post
I want to share a card but I have never figured out how to put a card on here. I guess I just need to try it.
HOW COOL is that paper and the bubbles on this!
great job on all of them

Old 03-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #2031
Stazon Splitcoast

Default The difference

I used different images and colors so it's not an exact comparison, but I think these images show how much nicer the Copics are. The Huggybellas were done with Copics and the Cakeabella with SU markers (actually I also went over the flowers on the cake with a gelly roll pen). Even though I didn't really blend, because the images are so small, the colors are just more vibrant. I should do the same image with my SU markers to make an even better comparison...
What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
bellas-hugga-copics.jpg   bella-cake-su-markers.jpg  

Old 03-17-2009, 10:51 AM   #2032
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Cute cards!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 03-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #2033
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I used different images and colors so it's not an exact comparison, but I think these images show how much nicer the Copics are. The Huggybellas were done with Copics and the Cakeabella with SU markers (actually I also went over the flowers on the cake with a gelly roll pen). Even though I didn't really blend, because the images are so small, the colors are just more vibrant. I should do the same image with my SU markers to make an even better comparison...
What do you think?
Can definitely tell the difference. That would be interesting to see the same image with both sets of markers and maybe about the same colors.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 03-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #2034
Stampin' Fool

You tell the difference for sure in those markers! Amazing.
Thanks for the compliments. I love practicing
Old 03-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #2035
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
What do you think?
May I ask what grey you used for your shadows?

Old 03-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #2036
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Love the truck! It looks great colored in like this.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #2037
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
That was me - what do you need to know?

I used a very small onyx font at 8pt (could have used larger in retrospect)
Thanks RiverIsis! I need to give that a try!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:38 PM   #2038
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj77 View Post
May I ask what grey you used for your shadows?
I believe it was N2. Sometimes I use C2 (or W2) but in this photo it looks like N2...

Old 03-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #2039
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok, I did the Huggybellas tonight with SU markers, trying to get as close to the colors as possible (Pixie, Turquoise, and Summer). It looks better than the Cakeabella did, so this image must be easier to color LOL; but I still think the Copics show more of the detail in the image and the colors are nicer. Especially considering I didn't blend really, even with the Copics, other than adding some streaks to the hair. Tried Bordering Blue for the SU shadows just to try and make an equal comparison (everything else I had was even darker)
I took the Copic picture over because it is nighttime so I am using just the artificial lighting, and it may look different because of that. It's not the greatest picture either, because of that, but I'm too impatient to wait until tomorrow to do this!
I tried watercoloring too and that looked just awful, probably due to user error
Attached Thumbnails
huggybella-copics.jpg   huggybella-su-markers.jpg  

Old 03-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #2040
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
All of these are nice........don't be so hard on yourself. I think you did coloring, adding brads to the wheels, cool thought and the bunch of hearts, nice mixture of embellies or plain.

You did good!!!