Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-05-2008, 07:29 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Location: Currently, in the United Arab Emirates--about 45 miles north of Dubai, in Ras Al Khaimah
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coming to States and SHOPPING

I've been away for 6 months. Needless to say, what stamp/paper supply I have left is very little and very boring. You will not BELIEVE the shopping trip I'll have to Michaels, Wal-Mart, Target, Hobby Lobby, and I'm afraid to add up my Stampin' Up order. My demo LOVES it when I am coming home!!!

Can't decide about the Big Shot or what I'm going to get--want something, and markers, new pencils. Any ideas or things I should add to my list????
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

I so feel for you because I lived in Japan for 5 years, and I always look forward to shopping for craft items everytime we go to the US. It is frustrating when you can't get a hold of the tools and products, especially the new ones, because not all online shops ship overseas, not to mention the shipping is very expensive.

The craze right now are with Copic Markers, Prismacolor Pencils, Tim Holtz Ruler, Martha Stewart products (especially her edge punches and glitter), Baubles/Dew Drops, Flower Soft, Glue Dots, Scotch ATG, Clear Stamps, Nestabilities, Cricut - Big Shot - Cuttlebug, Bind-It-All, Scor-Pal, Bella Stamps, Stickles, Shimmerz, Liquid Pearls...

Gosh there are so many...

Also, just reminding you that not all of these products can be bought in the stores. So you might as well order them online (probably while you're still there) and have them mailed to wherever you are staying.

Happy shopping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 09:59 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKICIOView Post

The craze right now are with Copic Markers, Prismacolor Pencils, Tim Holtz Ruler, Martha Stewart products (especially her edge punches and glitter), Baubles/Dew Drops, Flower Soft, Glue Dots, Scotch ATG, Clear Stamps, Nestabilities, Cricut - Big Shot - Cuttlebug, Bind-It-All, Scor-Pal, Bella Stamps, Stickles, Shimmerz, Liquid Pearls...

Gosh there are so many...

Also, just reminding you that not all of these products can be bought in the stores. So you might as well order them online (probably while you're still there) and have them mailed to wherever you are staying.

Happy shopping!
You summed it up nicely. The only ones I've managed to resist (so far) are the Copics and Scotch ATG.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 08:07 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Location: Currently, in the United Arab Emirates--about 45 miles north of Dubai, in Ras Al Khaimah

Have you checked out the Big Shot deal SU has? Is it a good buy for all that comes with it or can you get all that at Michaels or Hobby Lobby cheaper?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 08:59 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRialsView Post
the shopping trip I'll have to Michaels, Wal-Mart, Target, Hobby Lobby
Be sure to get coupons for Hobby Lobby and Micheals and Joann's before you come. Typically you can sign up for e-mail newsletters and they will send out the 40% off one item coupons, you print em out and whaa lahhh--you shop and save$$!

Love the coupons.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 01:49 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
Vintage Lover

Received 367 Likes on 269 Posts

SKICIO really had a great list...Not sure what type of cards you like to make but..I find myself using the Distress Inks from Tim Holtz a lot , also Versafine Ink pads (love those for detail, I must have every color), and I seem to use flourish stamps for backgrounds all the time (the ones I have are from Autumn Leaves)...just my 2 cents worth. Oh and I second or third the recommendation for the ATG gun...a necessity! Be sure and get some refills for that if you purchase. You are going to have a blast shopping!!
Reply With Quote Likes