Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-08-2009, 07:18 AM   #1  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all ATG 924 tape users

Hey ladies. I've been a happy ATG user for a couple years and have been using the 924 tape from framing supplies. What I'd like to know is have any of you who use the 924 tape bought tape from the tape depot? I'm looking at the 7502 1/4" and if you've used both I'd like to know how you feel the 7502 from tape depot compares to the 924 from framing supplies. I did do a search and found many ATG threads, and many office depot threads lol But nothing that answered this specific question.
thanks so much!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2009, 07:37 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I just started using my first roll of 7502 yesterday and so far I like it better than the 924 tape...less tape boogers and wasted tape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2009, 08:14 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

thanks Cory. I haven't had any issues with boogers from the 924 luckily, but good to know that this rolls smoothly. Hopefully some others can chime in on the holding power etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have been using the tape from Tape Depot for over 1.5 years now. The value is excellent and I agree that there are not so many "tape boogers". It hold great. No complaints here. I use a lot of it.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a huge thread about Tape Depot. HTH.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks Jami! I read a few pages of that, not all. Very helpful.

Amber, I noticed that you'd posted on the thread that Jami linked. Another question comes to mind that you can probably help with. One thing I love about the 3M is that if I get some on my grid paper when I'm puttin it on the card, it rolls right off the grid paper with my finger...no problem at all. Does the tape depot tape come right off also? I was a bit concerned because several people said it seems even more sticky than the 3M and you have less play time for positioning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Do you use this in your ATG gun?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I haven't had problems getting it off grid paper.... but I also had some defective rolls last fall. I'm having trouble getting a refund from TD, but I'm working on it. I assume it was a temporary problem which has been rectified, but I'm still going back to 3M unless I get this settled soon.

Yes, it works in the ATG. The 1/4" I had didn't work at all on boxes for ornaments - every one of the boxes fell apart just hours before they were given to a large group at a dinner. Quite humiliating. The 1/2" was better but I was still disappointed.

I'm sure these were isolated incidents with Tape Depot, but I'm still a bit leery. However I think I'm the ONLY unhappy customer from what I've read!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2009, 09:59 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

stmpsusan, yes I have the 714 (red gun) and this is what I'm looking for.

Wendy, thanks for posting this. From the thread Jami posted it seems they quit selling the 1/4" for a time, not sure of when exactly, but maybe it was when you got yours. I sure hope you get your mess straightened out. I know the best way to find out is to use it, but don't want to order a lot of rolls if I don't like it. Good to know it comes off the grid paper. Hope that wasn't just because yours wouldn't stick to anything lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

I have this tape and I'm not as happy with it as I was the 3M tape. As soon as I'm done with this batch, I will be returning to 3M. It doesn't seem to hold as well. I was always able to use the 3M in place of sticky strip. Not with the Tape Depot tape. It lets loose shortly after being put together. It's fine for cards but not 3d items, in my opinion!

If you'd like to try a roll, send me your address. I'll send you one of mine in exchange for a card or two that your are working on!
"I can do all things through him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by packerfanView Post
I have this tape and I'm not as happy with it as I was the 3M tape. As soon as I'm done with this batch, I will be returning to 3M. It doesn't seem to hold as well. I was always able to use the 3M in place of sticky strip. Not with the Tape Depot tape. It lets loose shortly after being put together. It's fine for cards but not 3d items, in my opinion!

If you'd like to try a roll, send me your address. I'll send you one of mine in exchange for a card or two that your are working on!
I have to agree with this... ok for cards but not any 3D projects. The 3m really does stick as well as red liner tape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Tape boogers?!? I have used 924 for 3 years with my ATG 714 and don't have a problem with boogies! Must be in the loading or the wrist action?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

I had a little trouble with my last roll of tape but when I was reloading this time I realized I think I forgot to run the tape "over" the first roller and then "under" the second one...KWIM? Anyway this tape is just gliding on beautifully and no clumps (sorry, I hate that other word). This is my third roll of 3M tape since I got my 714 after the New Year (yes, they last *that* long) and I will never go back to snail. Wish SU would sell these as no one can use a coupon to buy one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2009, 04:39 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by packerfanView Post

Shelley, thanks so much!! I'll pm you. I just talked to another lady who ordered tape from a place called Armel, so I'm gonna see if she'll sell me a roll and this way I can try them both. That is so sweet of you to offer and I'll absolutely send you some cards!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseolsonView Post
I had a little trouble with my last roll of tape but when I was reloading this time I realized I think I forgot to run the tape "over" the first roller and then "under" the second one...KWIM? Anyway this tape is just gliding on beautifully and no clumps (sorry, I hate that other word). This is my third roll of 3M tape since I got my 714 after the New Year (yes, they last *that* long) and I will never go back to snail. Wish SU would sell these as no one can use a coupon to buy one.
I write SU about this on a regular basis and that's one of the many reasons I give!! I'm glad they've come out with everything else, but with all of it we hear (usually in a WS or class) how they can get that so much cheaper at xxx place. I think the glue glider is the only thing available in stores that is even 1/2 way comparable and from what I understand the tape is very expensive. We'd all hoped for the ATG when they began the partnership with 3M. I'm still hoping we'll get it one day.

Thanks so much to everyone for all your help. Love my demo sis's!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, I'm sorry to say that TD is no longer answering my emails. I called and the message said to leave a message if you want to place an order...or email for all other concerns. Since they are not answering my emails, I would have to say their customer service is poor. If you like their tape and order from them, it's probably fine. But if you have any problems, don't count on help. Just FYI.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer. 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes it does come off..I often just use my adhesive remover thingy...You know the square tan thing SU sells? You can just rub off with your finger too. Love this stuff.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2009, 08:46 PM   #17  
Kookie Creator

I had trouble with my order from Tape Depot, but they took care of it. I had ordered two tape guns and was to receive 148 rolls of tape. With the first delivery, I received the guns and 12 rolls of tape. I emailed them,when I didn't hear from them the next day, I called and left a messege. They returned my email and sent the second order by Priority mail. I like their tape! Yes, I had less gumming up of my gun with the TD tape. I find it sticks very well. I used it to tape together the small Easter basket....handle and all. No problems with them coming apart!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 06:59 AM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

I recently bought 24 rolls of 7502 from Armel's . I paid 1.25 a roll. They have fast shipping and great customer service. I like this tape just as well as the 3m and it's acid free.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 07:59 AM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

I have used both with no problems. My first order was for the 3M when I ordered my ATG gun (from www.framingsupplies.com) . Then I found out about the Tape Depot here, and ordered some from them because it was cheaper. I've had no problems with either one. One thing to keep in mind: the 3M tape was shipped lying flat in the box. The Tape Depot was shipped with the tape standing up. I don't remember how I learned this, if from a note stuck in with my Tape Depot order or from their website, but you should store the tape flat after you receive it. This will keep it from warping away from the plastic core.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 09:04 AM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

I may be alone here, but I use the 987 tape... It sticks fine and since every roll has 60 YARDS on it, it really is almost the same price from framingsupplies.com as the 7502 from tapedepot. That fact, the bad rolls of 7502 sent out last year, and the customer service were enough to make me stick with the 3M (oh yeah, and I didn't want to order 12 rolls at a time). No sense "fixing" something that isn't broken, for me...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #21  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went back and forth on the same question and after much research I decided to stay with 3M. The comments regarding 3M and 3-D projects were the deciding factors for me. I sell some of my stuff as home decor, so long-term stickiness is vital. If I were doing primarily cards, I would go the cheaper route, but for anything more substantial I think it's worth the extra $ for the 3M, especially if you will be selling your work. I bought from www.framingsupplies.com (where I originally bought my gun), got a reasonable deal and had my tape within a few days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2009, 12:23 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

I use the red line or Scor tape for 3D items. It all works for me.

Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #23  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaSchwichView Post
I may be alone here, but I use the 987 tape... It sticks fine and since every roll has 60 YARDS on it, it really is almost the same price from framingsupplies.com as the 7502 from tapedepot. That fact, the bad rolls of 7502 sent out last year, and the customer service were enough to make me stick with the 3M (oh yeah, and I didn't want to order 12 rolls at a time). No sense "fixing" something that isn't broken, for me...
Nope, you are not alone, I use the 987 tape and adore it. I did a trade with some folks on here to try out the acid free tape and found I did not like it near as much. Since I am not now nor plan to in the future make scrap books, i am fine with the non acid free tape. I love the 987 tape.
Reply With Quote Likes