In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
Kookie Creator
 
itzann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 440
Default Big Shot Pro and Accucut Custom Die

My daughter recently got the Big Shot Pro. It came with one cutting plate and one premium crease pad.

We ordered a custom die from Accucut. It arrived today, and it is very similar in thickness to a Sizzix Bigz Die. It is a simple petal shape, and all edges will be cut (no scoring and no crease lines). Am I correct in thinking that it would make sense to cut against the standard cutting pad because all we are doing is cutting? I am kind of surprised the machine doesn't come with two standard cutting pads, so I guess I will have to order a set. We are excited to get cranking, as we are planning to make dozens of paper flowers for her wedding and are hoping that the die will greatly help this project along!

I did send a note to Accucut for advice as well. But thought I would post here just in case anyone has any additional tips for the Big Shot Pro. Thanks so much!
__________________
embroidery blog
itzann is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast
 
PMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 21,786
Default

I just have a regular big shot and I just use the two clear cutting plates when using a regular die.
__________________
Disney Border/Page Candy Swap

Pia
PMR is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzann View Post
My daughter recently got the Big Shot Pro. It came with one cutting plate and one premium crease pad.

We ordered a custom die from Accucut. It arrived today, and it is very similar in thickness to a Sizzix Bigz Die. It is a simple petal shape, and all edges will be cut (no scoring and no crease lines). Am I correct in thinking that it would make sense to cut against the standard cutting pad because all we are doing is cutting? I am kind of surprised the machine doesn't come with two standard cutting pads, so I guess I will have to order a set. We are excited to get cranking, as we are planning to make dozens of paper flowers for her wedding and are hoping that the die will greatly help this project along!

I did send a note to Accucut for advice as well. But thought I would post here just in case anyone has any additional tips for the Big Shot Pro. Thanks so much!
If it the same thickness as a Biz what you can do is use your crease pad as the base plate. Then put your die on top of that, face up. Cardstock face down. Clear cutting plate, run through.

Where did you buy the machine from? It should have come with a platform and 2 cutting plates...
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:46 AM   #4
Kookie Creator
 
itzann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsbynikki View Post
If it the same thickness as a Biz what you can do is use your crease pad as the base plate. Then put your die on top of that, face up. Cardstock face down. Clear cutting plate, run through.

Where did you buy the machine from? It should have come with a platform and 2 cutting plates...
Oh my goodness...I never thought of using the crease pad as the base plate...that should have been obvious to me, but with the frazzled Christmas rush I am not thinking rationally at all! Thank you so much! Oh, and my Big Shot Pro was ordered online from JoAnn's...and the description says it comes with One Standard Cutting Plate and One Premium Crease Pad.....I didn't think about it at the time, but it is rather odd to not have a set of standard cutting plates....

Again, thank you!

-Ann
__________________
embroidery blog
itzann is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:36 AM   #5
Stampin' Fool
 
VondaThomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northwest Florida Panhandle
Posts: 1,318
Default

Mine came with 2 plates but I had to order my crease pad seperately. I'd like to know how the accucut die works with the pro, I've wanted to try it myself.
__________________
"A government big enough to supply you with everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...."
Gerald Ford
"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases,"
Thomas Jefferson
VondaThomas is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
Kookie Creator
 
itzann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VondaThomas View Post
Mine came with 2 plates but I had to order my crease pad seperately. I'd like to know how the accucut die works with the pro, I've wanted to try it myself.
We just tried the Accucut die this evening. It worked great! The die is really thick, so all we had to do was put the die, cardstock and premium crease pad into the tray; and it worked equally well to use the die with the standard cutting plate. Our die is just for cutting (no crease or score lines) We only cut one piece of Canson paper, but I am sure it would cut through several sheets just fine. Will work with it more tomorrow. (At first I tried to follow the sandwich shown on the adapter plate...but it was probably for a Sizzix Bigz die and was way too thick for the Accucut.)
__________________
embroidery blog
itzann is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off