In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 09-19-2008, 06:16 AM   #241
Master of All Things Big Shot
 
militarystampingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,399
Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinakdude View Post
can you use the larger dies(pillowbox ) in the cuttlebug?? or any of the dies?
XL Dies in Cuttlebug

The rest of the dies will fit. Just make sure your machine has a 6 inch wide opening to be sure.

Also check out the Cuttlebug FAQ thread for Cuttlebug tips and tricks!

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
militarystampingmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #242
Compulsive Stamper
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 127
Default Big Shot and Boss Kut

Hi I'm trying to use my Boss Kut Dies in my new Big Shot but I'm doing something wrong. Can you tell me the correct sandwich for this?

Thank You
Barbara
btrechak is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #243
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Luverne, MN
Posts: 414
Default Has anyone asked this question?

When using the Big Shot for strictly SU projects, whether they be cards, scrapping, art, etc., is it acceptable to use dies that aren't exclusive to SU? (i.e. nesties, cuttlebug, etc.)
__________________
naner
Give thanks to the Lord; His mercy endures forever!
It's not a mess! It's a work of art.
naner0331 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2008, 02:39 PM   #244
Master of All Things Big Shot
 
militarystampingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,399
Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrechak View Post
Hi I'm trying to use my Boss Kut Dies in my new Big Shot but I'm doing something wrong. Can you tell me the correct sandwich for this?

Thank You
Barbara
See the first post in this thread for a .pdf file with sandwich stacks for all the dies in the Big Shot.


From bottom to top
Multipurpose Platform Tab 2
Standard Cutting Pad
Wafer-Thin Die blade side up
Cardstock
Standard Cutting Pad
Roll through Big Shot

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
militarystampingmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2008, 03:51 AM   #245
Matboard Maniac
 
Glitter-Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 263
Default

I tried to cut felt, didn't do so good, what am I doing wrong???
Carol
Glitter-Bug is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2008, 07:45 AM   #246
Master of All Things Big Shot
 
militarystampingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,399
Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter-Bug View Post
I tried to cut felt, didn't do so good, what am I doing wrong???
Carol
Wafer Thin (i.e. Spellbinders, Quickutz, Bosskutz, SAR, ZEM)

* newest style of die
* can cut thin chipboard (backboard or cereal boxes) and pulpboard
* can come with or without a release liner
* Most detailed designs available

The felt is probably too thick for your die to cut through. Those dies weren't made to cut through thicker items.

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
militarystampingmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2008, 08:17 AM   #247
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Towson, Maryland
Posts: 1,235
Question Beginner's Spending Spree

Alicia and others,
Many thanks for so much information in this thread. I'm off to spend some 50% coupons and take advantage of 40% off sales for a Big Kick and other items I'll "need" when using it. I plan to buy some SU! dies and Nestabilities fairly soon. Please check my list of what should I buy to have on hand:

Basic Big Kick, of course
Premium Crease Pad
Texturz Starter Kit
Extended die platform and mat for longer dies

Anything else? Thanks to all enablers online today.

Alice
Alice in Md is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #248
Master of All Things Big Shot
 
militarystampingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,399
Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice in Md View Post
Alicia and others,
Many thanks for so much information in this thread. I'm off to spend some 50% coupons and take advantage of 40% off sales for a Big Kick and other items I'll "need" when using it. I plan to buy some SU! dies and Nestabilities fairly soon. Please check my list of what should I buy to have on hand:

Basic Big Kick, of course
Premium Crease Pad
Texturz Starter Kit
Extended die platform and mat for longer dies

Anything else? Thanks to all enablers online today.

Alice
If you want to use the decorative strip dies you will need the decorative strip cutting plates and spacer plate as well.

Enjoy your shopping spree!

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
militarystampingmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #249
Crimping Master
 
sharilea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseygal View Post
I've had my Big Shot since it first came out and I love it!

I just bought my first set of Nestabilities and was dissapointed that I couldn't use them. After looking at the tutorials, I guess I need a multipurpose platform. Can I use someting else??
I have the original Big Shot (teal & black) and my nesties work fine. Here's the sandwich I use:

Big Shot white platform (not the multi-purpose one)
Spellbinders white spacer plate
nesties die
cardstock
2 Big Shot acryllic cutting pads

To emboss, I use:

Big Shot white platform
Big Shot acrylic cutting pad
nesties die
Spellbinders tan embossing mat
Big Shot acrylic cutting pad

They turn out beautifully every time! Hope this can work for you.
sharilea is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2008, 03:06 PM   #250
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 387
Default QK Cookie Cuttern nested shapes in the Big Shot? How?

I posted this as a separate thread but realized this would probably be a better place for it.

I bought the scalloped circles QK Cookie Cutter nested shapes quite a while ago for use in my Big Shot but never played with them. Does anyone know how to set them up in the BS? All I have are the shapes themselves, no special QK mats, etc. Just my BS and BS platforms. I really don't want to buy any more "components" to make them work the the BS, kwim?

Thanks!!
ctychick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2008, 09:48 AM   #251
Matboard Maniac
 
commited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Lantana, Fl
Posts: 453
Send a message via MSN to commited Send a message via Skype™ to commited
Default

Ditto! Good idea. You'd be surprised how many Q's are out there.
__________________
Lizzie
{MyBlog} | {MyStampStore} | {MyGallery}
commited is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #252
Kookie Creator
 
gailbelinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 399
Default

Alicia

I'm about to order my first BS (I have ordered a couple of Cuttlebug Emobssing folders) and was wondering, do I need anything else other than the starter kit?
Thanks for your help
__________________
Gail B
Stampin junkie
gailbelinda is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #253
Master of All Things Big Shot
 
militarystampingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,399
Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbelinda View Post
Alicia

I'm about to order my first BS (I have ordered a couple of Cuttlebug Emobssing folders) and was wondering, do I need anything else other than the starter kit?
Thanks for your help
Nope you'll have everything you need in your kit to get started right away! There is a sandwich list in the very first post in this thread that you can save and print off for future reference. I'll be looking for your creations in the gallery!

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia

Last edited by militarystampingmom; 09-25-2008 at 05:09 AM..
militarystampingmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #254
Master of All Things Big Shot
 
militarystampingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,399
Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctychick View Post
I posted this as a separate thread but realized this would probably be a better place for it.

I bought the scalloped circles QK Cookie Cutter nested shapes quite a while ago for use in my Big Shot but never played with them. Does anyone know how to set them up in the BS? All I have are the shapes themselves, no special QK mats, etc. Just my BS and BS platforms. I really don't want to buy any more "components" to make them work the the BS, kwim?

Thanks!!
Sorry I will research this further for you and get back to it as soon as I can! I think you should be just fine using the sandwich list in the first post with your dies. It would be the wafer die sandwich.

Multipurpose Platform Tab 2
Standard Cutting Pad
Wafer-Thin Die blade side up
Cardstock
Standard Cutting Pad
Roll through Big Shot


I will double check as soon as I get back from picking up my 3yr old from class.

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia

Last edited by militarystampingmom; 09-25-2008 at 05:22 AM..
militarystampingmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2008, 12:17 PM   #255
Polyshrink Goddess
 
memories4you's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Norhtern Virginia
Posts: 791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharilea View Post
I have the original Big Shot (teal & black) and my nesties work fine. Here's the sandwich I use:

Big Shot white platform (not the multi-purpose one)
Spellbinders white spacer plate
nesties die
cardstock
2 Big Shot acryllic cutting pads

To emboss, I use:

Big Shot white platform
Big Shot acrylic cutting pad
nesties die
Spellbinders tan embossing mat
Big Shot acrylic cutting pad

They turn out beautifully every time! Hope this can work for you.

DITTO!!! Just Perfect!!!
__________________
~~@Marcia Luisa@~~
Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance. -Bruce Barton
memories4you is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2008, 04:58 PM   #256
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 70
Question Zip E Mate with Exclusive SU! Dies

Does anyone know if the new, exclusive SU! dies (regular and extended) will work with the Zip E Mate machine by Accucut? Accucut no longer makes this machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
miles_from_maui is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2008, 05:07 PM   #257
Master of All Things Big Shot
 
militarystampingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,399
Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles_from_maui View Post
Does anyone know if the new, exclusive SU! dies (regular and extended) will work with the Zip E Mate machine by Accucut? Accucut no longer makes this machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Yes to the original and sizzlet dies but I do not know if the Bigz dies will work..
militarystampingmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #258
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 70
Question Bigz Size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarystampingmom View Post
Yes to the original and sizzlet dies but I do not know if the Bigz dies will work..
Thank you for your help! Do you have the measurments for a Bigz die?
miles_from_maui is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2008, 05:34 PM   #259
Master of All Things Big Shot
 
militarystampingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,399
Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles_from_maui View Post
Thank you for your help! Do you have the measurments for a Bigz die?
Bigz Die measures 5 1/2 x 6
militarystampingmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #260
Cardstock Collector
 
aalbertson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11
Default Do SU Sizzlets work the same as regular Sizzlets in a Sizzix machine?

I apologize if this has already been asked, but I have been reading and reading all the posts and I am tired! I have a SU customer who owns the Sizzix machine and wants to know if the SU Sizzlets dies will work in her machine. She currently uses other Sizzlets in her maching with the adapter, so I am assuming that the SU dies would work just fine. Can someone please confirm this for me?
aalbertson is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2008, 03:15 PM   #261
Master of All Things Big Shot
 
militarystampingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,399
Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctychick View Post
I posted this as a separate thread but realized this would probably be a better place for it.

I bought the scalloped circles QK Cookie Cutter nested shapes quite a while ago for use in my Big Shot but never played with them. Does anyone know how to set them up in the BS? All I have are the shapes themselves, no special QK mats, etc. Just my BS and BS platforms. I really don't want to buy any more "components" to make them work the the BS, kwim?

Thanks!!
From Jane:
Sure. They are processed as wafer thin dies in the Big Shot (same as for Nestabilities).

Platform with two tabs
clear acrylic
die, cut side up
material to be cut
clear acrylic

Roll through Big Shot

If lady does not have platform with two tabs, a shim will be needed. Approx. 1/16" thick should do the trick. Spellbinder Spacer plate is perfect for the job or just buy a Sizzix Big Shot tabbed platform.
Hugs,
Jane

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
militarystampingmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #262
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 162
Default

Is all that cracking noise and popping noise normal when you cut out nesties. I swear I am going to break my new BS. the sandwich I use is tab2, acrylic mat, nestie, card stock and then another acrylic mat. I sure dont want to break my machine!!!
gamelodge is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2008, 06:19 PM   #263
Master of All Things Big Shot
 
militarystampingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,399
Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelodge View Post
Is all that cracking noise and popping noise normal when you cut out nesties. I swear I am going to break my new BS. the sandwich I use is tab2, acrylic mat, nestie, card stock and then another acrylic mat. I sure dont want to break my machine!!!
yes the "cracking" "popping" sound is normal. If the sandwich feels to tight when you are rolling it through try using the dies on tab 1 and see if that works better for you. You may need to add some shim to your sandwich that way but each machine is different so just play until you find what works.

You could also try the sandwich for users that don't have the MPP. I'll look it up and link it here in a sec...here ya go:

If you do not have platform with two tabs, a shim will be needed. Approx. 1/16" thick should do the trick. Spellbinder Spacer plate is perfect for the job or just buy a Sizzix Big Shot tabbed platform. (Thanks Jane!)

Remember your plates are consumables and they are going to get cut marks in them after each use. Just rotate each time you cut to get the most milage out of them.

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia

Last edited by militarystampingmom; 09-28-2008 at 06:22 PM..
militarystampingmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2008, 07:59 PM   #264
Polyshrink Goddess
 
arubberstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Darlington PA (NW)
Posts: 535
Send a message via MSN to arubberstamper
Default

Not sure if this is the place to ask this question...But here it goes...
Is there any albums with cards using the new Bigz dies here at SCS? I'd love to see some samples of the dies being used. I just got my Bigz Scallop Die envy in the mail today. I also was able to use it with my cuttlebug machine without having to use the crease pad. Woo-hoo.
I have some envy's cut, now just need some inspiration on how to use them on a card. Anyone.... Card samples using this die and any other new dies being sold from SU.
Thanks
Robin
arubberstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #265
Master of All Things Big Shot
 
militarystampingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,399
Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubberstamper View Post
Not sure if this is the place to ask this question...But here it goes...
Is there any albums with cards using the new Bigz dies here at SCS? I'd love to see some samples of the dies being used. I just got my Bigz Scallop Die envy in the mail today. I also was able to use it with my cuttlebug machine without having to use the crease pad. Woo-hoo.
I have some envy's cut, now just need some inspiration on how to use them on a card. Anyone.... Card samples using this die and any other new dies being sold from SU.
Thanks
Robin
if you type in scallop envelope die in the search box for the gallery you will get some samples that way.

A search for Big Shot or BigShot will also yield results though they will be more general.

www.pattystamps.com has lots of samples as well.

hugs and blessings
Alicia
militarystampingmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2008, 08:32 PM   #266
Polyshrink Goddess
 
arubberstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Darlington PA (NW)
Posts: 535
Send a message via MSN to arubberstamper
Default

Thanks so much Alicia for the help. I'm off to look and then off to my yahoo group to ask Jane if she knows the sandwich for the crease pad and the bigz die in the wizard. Right now I'm using the sandwich she suggested to use way back when the sizzix dies came with the creases. Do you know the sandwich off hand for the crease pad and the bigz die for the wizard?
Thanks again,
Robin
arubberstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #267
Master of All Things Big Shot
 
militarystampingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,399
Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arubberstamper View Post
Thanks so much Alicia for the help. I'm off to look and then off to my yahoo group to ask Jane if she knows the sandwich for the crease pad and the bigz die in the wizard. Right now I'm using the sandwich she suggested to use way back when the sizzix dies came with the creases. Do you know the sandwich off hand for the crease pad and the bigz die for the wizard?
Thanks again,
Robin
From Jane herself ( I'm a member of 2 of her yahoo groups she's the die cutting guru in my opinion )

Same recipe as for any steel rule die, but you can use the Sizzix crease pad instead of the universal cut mat.
For some reason, Sizzix made the standard hard acrylic mats a hair wider, but the crease pad, extended long pads and platform and XL mats will all fit in the Wizard. The difference when using these mats in the Wizard are that you will usually eliminate the platform and only use one mat. Please note that it is possible to break the mats as they weren't made for the Wizard. Also, it is possible to void the warranty on your Wizard when using these other mats--I have so far safely used the crease pad, XL and extended mats and platform without breakage.
Hugs,
Jane in San Diego

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
militarystampingmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 06:16 AM   #268
Inking Addict
 
Simi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 81
Default Card examples using dies...

I am taking my daughter to the hospital this afternoon. Just spending so time trying to quench my nerves. I have a lot of examples, but not a lot of time to post this morning. I will add them to the galleries when I we get back on Friday. In the mean time, here is a link to some examples of things that I have done with the Stampin' Up! dies.

Criss-Cross type card using the Pendant Die - This one has been hugely popular. It is so easy.

Globe using the Scallop Circles

Ideas for the so swirly die

3d bird globe type project

I am working on another card & 3D project for the Pendant die that will have to wait until this weekend. I will post pictures of it along with pictures of the above when we get back in the splitcoast galleries and I'll add a link to the galleries as well.

Hope this Helps!
__________________
Marie Aviza
My Blog
SpecialNeedsMA - Helping Special Needs Families in Massachusetts
Simi is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 10:12 AM   #269
Polyshrink Goddess
 
arubberstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Darlington PA (NW)
Posts: 535
Send a message via MSN to arubberstamper
Default

Yes, I agree Jane is a guru when it comes to these things. After all she was one of the Original Spellbinders design team members. That's why I am in her two groups too. Love both groups.
Robin
arubberstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #270
Master of All Things Big Shot
 
militarystampingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,399
Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalbertson View Post
I apologize if this has already been asked, but I have been reading and reading all the posts and I am tired! I have a SU customer who owns the Sizzix machine and wants to know if the SU Sizzlets dies will work in her machine. She currently uses other Sizzlets in her maching with the adapter, so I am assuming that the SU dies would work just fine. Can someone please confirm this for me?
Sorry I missed this post!

The original dies will work in the Original Sizzix machine

The Bigz and Bigz XL dies are to big to fit through the opening of the Red Sizzix machine.

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
militarystampingmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #271
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Geneva, IL
Posts: 705
Default

OK ladies - what are we going to do when the Big Shot Express comes out. Since it's electric I know it would definitely be tempting to buy it. My manual one works just fine but I just love new toys!
wmoore1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 02:51 PM   #272
Compulsive Stamper
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 127
Default Big Shot Express

I don't think the Big Shot Express is such a big deal, come on itís not like youíll be feeding several plates in one right after another. You still have to stop and line up and insert the next die. It's just another gimmick to get people to buy a new one. It doesnít take that much effort to crank the handle. With the express you either have a cord attached that gets in the way or a separate cord that you need to remember to take with you when you travel with the Big Shot. Can you just image have people all excited about trying you new Big Shot Express and you have forgotten the cord at home. What a let down and disappointed customers. There also might not be a convenient outlet to plug it in where you can demonstrate it well. I also think it would make it heaver because there has to be a motor in there for it to work. I personally think it's an unnecessary feature. The only reason I could see buying the express would be for someone that has trouble with their hands, and therefore would have trouble cranking the manual one.

Barbara
btrechak is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #273
Pearl-ExPert
 
cardsbynikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,231
Smile

This has to do with the Original Sizzix and not the big shot, but is the Sizzix Spacing Plate shown in the YouTube video on how to use the Nesties the same thing as the Black Sizzix Adapter that comes in a 10 pack? Or is it different? Thanks for any help.
cardsbynikki is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #274
Master of All Things Big Shot
 
militarystampingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,399
Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsbynikki View Post
This has to do with the Original Sizzix and not the big shot, but is the Sizzix Spacing Plate shown in the YouTube video on how to use the Nesties the same thing as the Black Sizzix Adapter that comes in a 10 pack? Or is it different? Thanks for any help.
The spacer plate is by Spellbinders and comes with the Wizard die cutting machine. It can also be purchased it separately.

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
militarystampingmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #275
Matboard Maniac
 
JustBecause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 329
Default

Here's a weird question for ya... I purchased my Big Shot about 2 years ago. My "multipurpose platform" looks a little different that what is shown on the video link that is shown on how to use nesties dies. It looks like the new multipurpose platforms are a bit thicker and have some directions on how to use it where as mine has nothing like that. Will I just need to add more cardstock as shims to use the nesties?? Or do I need to purchase this new and improved multipurpose platform?
__________________
~ Diana ~
JustBecause is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 09:46 PM   #276
Polyshrink Goddess
 
memories4you's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Norhtern Virginia
Posts: 791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBecause View Post
Here's a weird question for ya... I purchased my Big Shot about 2 years ago. My "multipurpose platform" looks a little different that what is shown on the video link that is shown on how to use nesties dies. It looks like the new multipurpose platforms are a bit thicker and have some directions on how to use it where as mine has nothing like that. Will I just need to add more cardstock as shims to use the nesties?? Or do I need to purchase this new and improved multipurpose platform?
I have used a piece of chipboard thick enough to allow my pieces to go through to act as a shim, and when I need to emboss I remove the shim, use one of the larger sized folders used to emboss the brass template. I place my embossing mat with my nestie in the fold, and run it through. Works perfect everytime. With the present economy I look around my craft area for viable replacements, and use them when possible.
__________________
~~@Marcia Luisa@~~
Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstance. -Bruce Barton
memories4you is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2008, 04:50 AM   #277
Master of All Things Big Shot
 
militarystampingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,399
Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by memories4you View Post
I have used a piece of chipboard thick enough to allow my pieces to go through to act as a shim, and when I need to emboss I remove the shim, use one of the larger sized folders used to emboss the brass template. I place my embossing mat with my nestie in the fold, and run it through. Works perfect everytime. With the present economy I look around my craft area for viable replacements, and use them when possible.
This is from my Big Shot FAQ thread on the "other side" The link is in my siggy line


Quote:
Originally Posted by sharilea View Post
I have the original Big Shot (teal & black) and my nesties work fine. Here's the sandwich I use:

Big Shot white platform (not the multi-purpose one)
Spellbinders white spacer plate
nesties die
cardstock
2 Big Shot acryllic cutting pads

To emboss, I use:

Big Shot white platform
Big Shot acrylic cutting pad
nesties die
Spellbinders tan embossing mat
Big Shot acrylic cutting pad

They turn out beautifully every time! Hope this can work for you.
Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
militarystampingmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #278
Matboard Maniac
 
JustBecause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 329
Default

Thanks so much, guys! Any idea where I can get the Spellbinders white spacer plate?
__________________
~ Diana ~
JustBecause is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #279
Master of All Things Big Shot
 
militarystampingmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 3,399
Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBecause View Post
Thanks so much, guys! Any idea where I can get the Spellbinders white spacer plate?
The Spellbinders site
Also Ellen Hutson's online store.

If you google it you should find online retailers who sell it.

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
militarystampingmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2008, 07:15 PM   #280
Compulsive Stamper
 
5*mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 42
Default

For those who have the button die for the Big Shot, are you having trouble with the "foam" part rubbing off and the paper getting stuck in the die? Do I have a reject or is that normal?
__________________
Lisa K.
blog:www.stampinkdiva.blogspot.com
5*mom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off