Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 05:16 AM   #2241
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravyn View Post
OMG - I just *love* the color of the new Big Shot !!! I've postponed getting one - and I'm kind of glad I did procrastinate, as I'd really like to get this new powder blue machine!

I just hope that Amazon or other "discounted" places end up carrying it, so I don't have to spend a lot more than I would on one of the 'older' machines. I know - it's only the color of the plastic - but still, it's SO much nicer looking than the black one - I just don't care for black very much.

If you haven't already seen it, here's the new machine at the Sizzix site - they say it will be in the stores in May.

Sizzix.com - Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (Powder Blue & Teal)
I bought my Big Shot just over a year ago and ordered it with a great price on Amazon. Within a few weeks the gears stripped and broke the machine. Luckily I called the company and they sent out a new one.

Last week I found out that Stamping Up has a 3 year warranty on their Big Shot. Having had trouble already, and knowing the price of the machine, I'd would gladly pay the extra money now to get it at Stamping Up, just because of the 3 year warranty and I know how easy it is to break the gears. I was all excited about the pink color myself as it coordinates with my stamp room. But when it breaks...well...the color didn't matter. The machine became useless in no time at all.

Of course, I learned not to sandwich too thick either. LOL!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #2242
Cardstock Collector

Default Check Overstock

Check Overstock (. c o m) for that new machine. I just got mine in the mail!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:42 AM   #2243
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to StampinMeCrazy

I love the new teal color, too. This is my first Big Shot. I have an Accucut Mark IV but its tough to cut sizzlits and sizzlit strips on it, so... I just 'needed it'. I got mine through Sizzix dot com 40% off one item over $40 and free shipping (plus a $5 surcharge for shipping die cutters) ... adds up to $78, not bad. Can't wait to get it in the mail!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #2244
Pearl-ExPert

Can you use the magnetic plate in the Bigshot? I bought one, can't remember where from and then I read that you can't use it with the Bigshot. I have recently seen a magnetic plate that has been recommended to use so maybe its a new design.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #2245
Matboard Maniac

I received mine in the mail this week and have already used it multiple times in my Big Shot. I love it!
Grumpygirl73 likes this post.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #2246
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan31 View Post
Can you use the magnetic plate in the Bigshot? I bought one, can't remember where from and then I read that you can't use it with the Bigshot. I have recently seen a magnetic plate that has been recommended to use so maybe its a new design.
This is the new one. It comes out in the fall. Stampin' Up was selling it from June 1 and up until last week, but they have stopped taking orders until the fall. The demand was so high, Sizzix could not adequately keep up with production for SU. I see they took it off the SU online store.
StampingRealtor likes this post.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #2247
Matboard Maniac

I just received the teal Big-Shot in the mail( thanks Mom) a few days ago. I've wanted one for 2 years, couldn't afford. Mom sent me this for an early birthday gift! Also came in the mail Sizzix squares and circles die cuts- and on the way is Hero Arts stamp/die Joy/Snowman set.woop woop!!!!! I've been playing and love this machine.
Grumpygirl73 likes this post.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #2248
Glitter Queen

Just to let anyone who is looking to get the new 2013 "Pretty" Big Shot, Scrapbooking Made Simple has them on sale in their HUGE online warehouse sale going on right now, July 26 - Aug 11 .... I hear it's too low to advertise! Here is the link:
NEW 2013 Sizzix Big Shot Machine'
Old 07-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #2249
Glitter Queen

Now, I have a question for some of you Big Shot users. I'm a cricut/cuttlebug crafter, but my son recently bought me the Big Kick (Vintaj). I want to cut some foam (thick) circles and I'm looking for a Sizzix circle die that has a 1.25 circle on it. I've been all over the Sizzix.com site and can't find specific measurements all the circles over there. If anyone knows of a circle die that has the 1.25" circle. Could you please let me know which one? Thank you!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #2250
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernMrs View Post
Now, I have a question for some of you Big Shot users. I'm a cricut/cuttlebug crafter, but my son recently bought me the Big Kick (Vintaj). I want to cut some foam (thick) circles and I'm looking for a Sizzix circle die that has a 1.25 circle on it. I've been all over the Sizzix.com site and can't find specific measurements all the circles over there. If anyone knows of a circle die that has the 1.25" circle. Could you please let me know which one? Thank you!
This is it. FYI, I have found that using Google turns up more on the Sizzix web site than Sizzix's own search engine.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #2251
Embossing Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to StampinMeCrazy

Everybody raves about the Big Shot machine, so I had to have one. I just received mine in the mail this weekend and the first Sizzix sizzlit strip die I tried in it (Lace Heart with Flourishes) didn't cut the paper enough in the middle (die is intricate but I should not have this problem - both die and machine are brand new). So, my first die already needs a shim? UGH! The reason I bought the Big Shot in the first place, is so I didnt have to figure out the sandwich formula using my huge Accucut machine. And I have to say that the Big Shot is a bit unstable for my liking since I'm used to the Accucut machine not moving an inch when the die goes through. I'll have to keep using the Big Shot to get a better feel for it, but my first impression is ... not fabulous, like I hoped it would be. It does look really nice though - love the teal color!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #2252
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpygirl73 View Post
This is it. FYI, I have found that using Google turns up more on the Sizzix web site than Sizzix's own search engine.
Thank you!! I really appreciate the help.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #2253
Inking Addict

Default Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpygirl73 View Post
This is the new one. It comes out in the fall. Stampin' Up was selling it from June 1 and up until last week, but they have stopped taking orders until the fall. The demand was so high, Sizzix could not adequately keep up with production for SU. I see they took it off the SU online store.
I ordered the magnetic plate and of course, it's on back order. I am very excited about this platform because it keeps your metal dies in place without having to use post-it's.

Many companies are stating that they can get the magnetic plate in September. Sizzix was called today to find out more about this and they said that the Stampin Up orders will be handled first, before any other company will get a shipment. The SU magnetic plate comes with a 3 year warranty as well. No one else will be able to offer the warranty on the magnetic plate.

I know it's difficult waiting on this item. I think it's going to be well worth the wait though! I'm excited!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #2254
Embossing Fanatic

is there a practical dif bet the sizzix big shot & big kick? if not, why would you choose one over the other? also, is the big shot with the starter kit a worthwhile deal? what's a better "starter kit" I can create for myself? or what accessories would I want to purchase from the get-go? thanks so much!
Old 11-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #2255
Cardstock Collector

Problem with the pressure on my big shot. On the side where the handle is, is cutting fine, but the far side without handle isn't applying any pressure and isn't cutting or pressing hard enough for the embossing folders. So everything on the far side of the handle isn't applying properly. Any ideas?
Old 11-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #2256
Crimping Master

Question Handle has come off my Big Shot

Hi ages ago the little black circle thing fell out of the handle ,&i have been using my BigShot fine,today the handle keeps falling off i do not need this hassle with christmas cards still to be made any help would be appreciated i have had my machine for 3 years thanks
Old 11-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #2257
Embossing Fanatic

My handle did the same thing. There was a tiny screw and washer that fell on the floor. Hubby put it back together and it has been fine so far. Hopefully you can find the parts on your floor.
Good Luck!
Old 11-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #2258
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramlu View Post
My handle did the same thing. There was a tiny screw and washer that fell on the floor. Hubby put it back together and it has been fine so far. Hopefully you can find the parts on your floor.
Good Luck!
Thanks for this,i ll get on the floor ,i found a stamp last time i cleaned craft floor if i cant find it ill get in touch with Sizzix & get a replacement wonder what postage to Australia is going to be. Cheers
Old 11-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #2259
Crimping Master

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramlu View Post
Good Luck!
Hi my wonderful man found the mini screw & washer on the floor & he then fixed my BigShot you werent joking when you said it was small,glad i dont use the vaccuum cleaner in the craft room. Thanks & Cheers
Old 08-31-2014, 09:26 AM   #2260
Pearl-ExPert

Question Floppy pad

If the premium crease pad is the one that's hard black plastic, what is the floppy black pad for? I don't have the packaging to tell me. TIA
Old 08-31-2014, 10:37 AM   #2261
Forum Fanatic

IIRC the floppy pad was for embossing with those brass stencils and for using with texture plates.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 08-31-2014, 12:37 PM   #2262
Pearl-ExPert

Also, why couldn't you use the nesties face up by reversing the sandwich somewhat?
Am I missing something?
Old 09-01-2014, 05:55 AM   #2263
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily55 View Post
Also, why couldn't you use the nesties face up by reversing the sandwich somewhat?
Am I missing something?
I mean face down, not face up.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:22 AM   #2264
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily55 View Post
I mean face down, not face up.

You can. They work both ways, and the cut is the same no matter which way you face them.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #2265
Glitter Queen

Do you think the magnetic form for the big shot is worth the extra money to purchase?
Old 09-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #2266
Forum Fanatic

I bought it from stampin up and I really like it. eta: the magnetic base, that is.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 09-08-2014, 10:23 PM   #2267
Cardstock Collector

Is there an appreciable difference among the metal shim plates? Seems like Taylored Expressions, Memory Box, Cheery Lynn and more all carry them. I do see that some companies do a Big Shot specific (wider) shim . . . I'm wondering which one to get. TIA!