Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #161
Master of All Things Big Shot

Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom

Ok here's a video that should help answer your questions Sizzix Die Compatibility

You can see in the video that the Bigz dies are too wide for the opening.

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:17 AM   #162
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gale View Post
It will not work in the red sizzix. The white pad is just under 5" wide (I have one and just measured it) and the narrowest dimension on the top note die is 5-1/2". Sorry.
Well THANK YOU for this info! I just put my order in my did not yet submit it! I can not believe the demo support gal told me that die would work. As bummed as I am, I am glad to know.

Now for another question: I do have a cuttlebug. Is there any chance they would work in that? If not I am out of luck!
Design Team Member for Scrap Your Crap
Old 09-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #163
Swapper of the Month - June 2013

They all work except the bigz. If you have the old original sizzix you need the metal adapter for the sizzlets and other thin die.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:40 AM   #164
Forum Fanatic

The bigz dies should work in the cuttlebug BUT for the bigz xl dies you have to kind of figure it out because the extended cutting pads do not fit. Some people have put two regular cutting pads end to end but that sounds hard to me. I bought the BS but not from SU-I got it from hallmark scrapbook.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 09-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #165
Matboard Maniac

I found the Big Shot for 64.99 with free shipping. It is pre-order shipping the 15th of September at scrapyland.com It is pink and black instead of solid black but what a savings.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:28 PM   #166
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampkitty View Post
I found the Big Shot for 64.99 with free shipping. It is pre-order shipping the 15th of September at scrapyland.com It is pink and black instead of solid black but what a savings.
Wow! I was so excited! It's a pre order but so what, right? Well, you can't order it after all because they say it's out of stock. I guess they took all the pre-orders they could fill Hallmark is out of them, too.
Thanks anyway!
But- if anyone else knows a good place to get one at a good price, please share! Thanks so much!!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #167
Forum Fanatic

There is a sizzix outlet on ebay. I would try there.

http://stores.ebay.com/Sizzix-Outlet

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥
Old 09-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #168
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahstampart View Post
I just got off the phone with Demo Support. I was told that I can use all the dies EXCEPT the Pennant and Baskets & Blooms on page 29 of the mini. I really want that Top Note Bigz die and she told me I can use it in my old, original Sizzix machine. I sure hope she's right!! I just can't possibly afford the Big Shot now, unless I splurge and don't get anything else from the mini. I figure it's better to get a whole bunch of stuff from the mini- stamps, flurries, ribbons, and a die or two that I can let customers know can be used in the older machines since I know most of my customers do have them.
Having said that, after reading all the wonderful info here I am really thinking I want a Big Shot! Oh, what's a girl to do?!
I have the old red Sizzix and just bought the Big Shot with the Bigz Top Note die. I actually tried to put this die through the old red machine, and I can definately confirm that it will NOT go through. Sorry for the bad news, but thought you would want to know for sure.
My old red machine served me well for many years, but I was ready to upgrade. I really like the Big Shot so far, and it does have more versatility with the bigger dies.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #169
Crimping Master

Send a message via MSN to BBStampin

subscribe
Old 09-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #170
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeliquore View Post
I have the old red Sizzix and just bought the Big Shot with the Bigz Top Note die. I actually tried to put this die through the old red machine, and I can definately confirm that it will NOT go through. Sorry for the bad news, but thought you would want to know for sure.
My old red machine served me well for many years, but I was ready to upgrade. I really like the Big Shot so far, and it does have more versatility with the bigger dies.
THANK YOU so much for this info. Although it's not what I want to hear, it is very helpful and very much appreciated!

Now- can someone PLEASE verify something for me?
Is it true that even though you can not use the Bigs Top Note die in the old Sizzix machine, you CAN use it in the Cuttlebug??? I have a bug and just really want the Big Top Note die. If I can use it in the Cuttlebug, I will buy it now. But I don't want to be stuck with a die I can't use. I am waiting until I find the answer to this before I submit my mini catty pre-order. So, if someone has this die AND a cuttlebug, would you be so kind as to find out if they are compatible? Your help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance for your help! You all have been great with all the info that's been posted!!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:58 AM   #171
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Yahoo to jezirus

Hi there, all... anyone know what the two little plastic sheets are that come with the premium crease pad? Are they just shims? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #172
Matboard Maniac

When I go to Scrapyland.com it says the price is 69.99 with free shipping now. Mine should be her Monday...can't wait to see what it can really do!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #173
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampkitty View Post
When I go to Scrapyland.com it says the price is 69.99 with free shipping now. Mine should be her Monday...can't wait to see what it can really do!
OMG- you're right!! They must have JUST gotten them in!
How long was it for shipping? Did you order it recently? Have you bought from there before and if so how do you like their service?

Thanks for your help!!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezirus View Post
Hi there, all... anyone know what the two little plastic sheets are that come with the premium crease pad? Are they just shims? Thanks in advance!
Yes Jess they are shims. You have the option to use either 1 or 2 depending on how your machine makes the creases.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #175
Postapalooza Mama

Send a message via AIM to maryp Send a message via Yahoo to maryp

Quote:
THANK YOU so much for this info. Although it's not what I want to hear, it is very helpful and very much appreciated!

Now- can someone PLEASE verify something for me?
Is it true that even though you can not use the Bigs Top Note die in the old Sizzix machine, you CAN use it in the Cuttlebug??? I have a bug and just really want the Big Top Note die. If I can use it in the Cuttlebug, I will buy it now. But I don't want to be stuck with a die I can't use. I am waiting until I find the answer to this before I submit my mini catty pre-order. So, if someone has this die AND a cuttlebug, would you be so kind as to find out if they are compatible? Your help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance for your help! You all have been great with all the info that's been posted!!
Hi Sarah~

As I understand it, the Big Top Note die WILL work in the CB. I'm pretty sure I saw it posted somewhere...maybe even on this thread. I'll see if I can find the post.
I love that die & also want it if it'll work with my CB. I don't have the BS (hehehe) & don't really plan to buy it...at least not for quite some time. I can't justify the expense with my few customers & their buying habits. Oh, & my DD is getting married in 3 wks so money is going out the doors, windows, right & left at this point.
Problem is, the Big Top Note die is on backorder & so far SU hasn't posted when they expect it, other than NOT on Sept. 15th or before that.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:47 PM   #176
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryp View Post
Hi Sarah~

As I understand it, the Big Top Note die WILL work in the CB. I'm pretty sure I saw it posted somewhere...maybe even on this thread. I'll see if I can find the post.
I love that die & also want it if it'll work with my CB. I don't have the BS (hehehe) & don't really plan to buy it...at least not for quite some time. I can't justify the expense with my few customers & their buying habits. Oh, & my DD is getting married in 3 wks so money is going out the doors, windows, right & left at this point.
Problem is, the Big Top Note die is on backorder & so far SU hasn't posted when they expect it, other than NOT on Sept. 15th or before that.
Thanks, Mary!
Hey- congrats on your DD's upcoming wedding! My DD got married last year and I know what you mean about the money just flying out! We are still feeling it! But, it's only once and it's well worth all you do. Those memories are so special to us!

I did not know the die was on backorder. Boy, I really want it, but don't want to buy the machine (yet anyway) if I can use that die in my Cuttlebug.
If you happen to find out for sure if it will fit, would you please post here? Thanks!
Old 09-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #177
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Thanks, Mary!
Hey- congrats on your DD's upcoming wedding! My DD got married last year and I know what you mean about the money just flying out! We are still feeling it! But, it's only once and it's well worth all you do. Those memories are so special to us!

I did not know the die was on backorder. Boy, I really want it, but don't want to buy the machine (yet anyway) if I can use that die in my Cuttlebug.
If you happen to find out for sure if it will fit, would you please post here? Thanks!
YES! it will work fine Hi Sarah, Hi Mary!

I tested the Top Note with both my Big Shot and Cuttlebug (all deets are on my blog)

"Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity"
Old 09-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #178
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryp View Post
Hi Sarah~

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials I wish your DD a lifetime of happiness!

PS I recommend using any of the Sizzix thick dies (the Originals or Bigz) face down/cutting side down in the cuttlebug!

"Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity"
Old 09-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #179
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:
Thanks, Mary!

Sarah~~

Thanks so much about DD...I am excited about the wedding! It's kinda hard to believe it's this close now. She was just 21 in June & her fiance is 10 yrs older. We didn't know there was quiiiiiiite that much age difference when they first started seeing each other. They've been engaged for 2 1/2 yrs.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:10 PM   #180
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrohall View Post
YES! it will work fine Hi Sarah, Hi Mary!

I tested the Top Note with both my Big Shot and Cuttlebug (all deets are on my blog)

Well, there we have it, Sarah! Rebecca to the rescue!

Hi Rebecca!

Thanks so much for helpin' us out here! *giddies*

Your blog is AWESOME...LOVE IT!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #181
Postapalooza Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrohall View Post
Congrats on the upcoming nuptials I wish your DD a lifetime of happiness!

PS I recommend using any of the Sizzix thick dies (the Originals or Bigz) face down/cutting side down in the cuttlebug!

Awww...you're so sweet! Thank you so much for your wishes for Kelly! She is marrying a good man. They've been through quite a lot since last fall with him having health issues that were mis-diagnosed until May. GRRRR!!!
He's had 2 surgeries since then. Hopefully that will be all for this year.

Thank you also for the face down dies tip with our CB's! Now hopefully SU will get the Big Top Notes die back in stock soon!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #182
Compulsive Stamper

I'm so glad that I found this site! I've been trying to figure out how to use my creasing pad. I did it right thank goodness but wanted to get reassurance. Thanks for starting this thread! And appreciate all the HELPFUL tips.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #183
Embossing Fanatic

Default SU BIG SHOT QUESTION

can we use the new SU dies in the BIG SHOT that is sold @ COSTCO or in
BIG SIZZIX offered on HSN, TARGET or WALMART ?
Old 09-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #184

Send a message via Yahoo to militarystampingmom Send a message via Skype™ to militarystampingmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinorah View Post
can we use the new SU dies in the BIG SHOT that is sold @ COSTCO or in
BIG SIZZIX offered on HSN, TARGET or WALMART ?
Yes the dies will work in those machines.

Big Shot and Big Kick are virtually the same machine. Both are made by Sizzix. The only difference is the color

The Big Kick is red and white

The Big Shot is either Teal and Black, Pink and Black or SU's All Black

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
Old 09-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #185
Crimping Master

Default What platform should I be using with Spellbinders?

Hi just ordered some Spellbinders dies but I have the old "teal" Big Shot machine. Everyone is talking about this multi-purpose platform with tabs, but mine only came with a plain old white platform (no tabs). Do I need to get the multi-purpose one to cut and emboss with Spellbinders dies? It's hard to get these things sometimes in Canada. Let me know if anyone knows where to get one. If I need it! Thanks.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:38 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharilea View Post
Hi just ordered some Spellbinders dies but I have the old "teal" Big Shot machine. Everyone is talking about this multi-purpose platform with tabs, but mine only came with a plain old white platform (no tabs). Do I need to get the multi-purpose one to cut and emboss with Spellbinders dies? It's hard to get these things sometimes in Canada. Let me know if anyone knows where to get one. If I need it! Thanks.
I have the teal Big Shot also that came with the solid white platform. I called Sizzix direct this past weekend and they suggested it might perform better with the new platform for the Spellbinder dies but not really necessary for any of the Sizzix dies. I tried mine with the standard white one and it worked OK - had to shim with 2 or 3 pieces of cardstock and I still want to get the Spellbinder adapter to get the sandwich down right. To make a long story short I bought the new platform on line direct from Sizzix for $20.00 and I'm waiting for Hobby Lobby to get their stock in for the Spellbinder adapter ($9.00 - less 40% coupon). I guess I like having all my tools on hand so I know if something doesn't come out right it's not the tool but the operator. LOL!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #187
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmoore1 View Post
I have the teal Big Shot also that came with the solid white platform. I called Sizzix direct this past weekend and they suggested it might perform better with the new platform for the Spellbinder dies but not really necessary for any of the Sizzix dies. I tried mine with the standard white one and it worked OK - had to shim with 2 or 3 pieces of cardstock and I still want to get the Spellbinder adapter to get the sandwich down right. To make a long story short I bought the new platform on line direct from Sizzix for $20.00 and I'm waiting for Hobby Lobby to get their stock in for the Spellbinder adapter ($9.00 - less 40% coupon). I guess I like having all my tools on hand so I know if something doesn't come out right it's not the tool but the operator. LOL!
Thanks. Unfortunately Sizzix.com does not ship to Canada. I did find a couple of other websites that will but they don't have the multi-purpose platform in stock right now. I'll just wait until they get it and order! What is the correct sandwich using the Spellbinders adapter? I looked at the Big Shot sandwich recipies pdf file and they didn't mention the adapter. Just curious. I like my stuff to be as close to perfect as possible!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharilea View Post
Thanks. Unfortunately Sizzix.com does not ship to Canada. I did find a couple of other websites that will but they don't have the multi-purpose platform in stock right now. I'll just wait until they get it and order! What is the correct sandwich using the Spellbinders adapter? I looked at the Big Shot sandwich recipies pdf file and they didn't mention the adapter. Just curious. I like my stuff to be as close to perfect as possible!
When I bought my Nestabilities at Hobby Lobby they had a 2 page combatability chart as a free project sheet. If you look up www.spellbinders.us, the same information is on their website. At the very bottom of the home page it will show SB comapatibility guide how to use and the chart. Hope this helps. Everyone at SCS and this thread have been so helpful in supplying charts and websites with videos. I think it all comes down to trying it out and use what works for you and your machine. When I get my adapter I'm going to try it for myself and write the instructions for what works the best for my unit. But until I have all my tools I can't be specific on the sandwich. The compatability guide on SB website shows the sandwich for Cuttlebug, Big Shot, Big Kick, Original Sizzix, QuicKutz, and Zip'eMate. It's a great start!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:21 AM   #189
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to patricia gervais

whats the difference between the big kick and the big shot will i be able to use the new su ones in my machine
Old 09-06-2008, 07:27 AM   #190

They are technically the same machine. See #184 - Militarystamping mom states it all. She's been the best for giving us the facts on our machines.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:35 AM   #191
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to patricia gervais

thanks some time s when these posts get so full its hard to see whats what
Old 09-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #192

Here is a link to a video demonstration of the Big Shot.

*Note this is the Pink and Black version HOWEVER the SU version and Teal and Black version ARE THE SAME MACHINE. The only differences are the color.

Stampin' Up has partnered with Sizzix to sell the Big Shot and Exclusive Dies. The Big Shot IS NOT EXCLUSIVE to Stampin Up. Only certain Dies.

BIG SHOT Video

There are also more video demonstrations listed in the first few posts within this thread.

Enjoy!

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia

Last edited by militarystampingmom; 09-06-2008 at 12:59 PM..
Old 09-06-2008, 02:36 PM   #193
Crimping Master

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarystampingmom View Post
Here is a link to a video demonstration of the Big Shot.

*Note this is the Pink and Black version HOWEVER the SU version and Teal and Black version ARE THE SAME MACHINE. The only differences are the color.

BIG SHOT Video

There are also more video demonstrations listed in the first few posts within this thread.

Enjoy!

Hugs and Blessings
Alicia
Thanks for sharing.
This video is GREAT.

I just got my Big Kick and it really helped.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:50 PM   #194
Kookie Creator

Great Video... TFS
Old 09-06-2008, 07:44 PM   #195
Embossing Fanatic

Default Which dies are exclusive to SU?

I have looked all over and can't seem to find anything that says which dies are exclusive to Stampin' Up! I don't know if my customers will want to know, but I sure do. Thanks!

Keri
Old 09-06-2008, 07:48 PM   #196
Matboard Maniac

Hi Keri!!

If you look in the holiday mini- there are hearts next to the SU exclusive dies.

HTH.

Stacey

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Old 09-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #197
Stazon Splitcoast

Actually, the hearts mean they're from the Shelli Collection.

The exclusive dies are on pp 28-39.
Tulipe
Scallop Envelope
Top Note
Birds & Blooms Sizzlits
Pennant
Baskets and Blooms
Join in the Cheer
Old 09-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #198
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amysings View Post
Actually, the hearts mean they're from the Shelli Collection.

The exclusive dies are on pp 28-39.
Tulipe
Scallop Envelope
Top Note
Birds & Blooms Sizzlits
Pennant
Baskets and Blooms
Join in the Cheer
Thanks!
Old 09-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #199
Pearl-ExPert

Smile Fiskars Texture Plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyj View Post
I was given the Big Kick. Can I use and how can I use my Fiskar texture plates(I believe that's the right name)? I also have some metal embossing plates. Can these be used too? This has maybe been answered somewhere else, but I couldn't find it. I have learned so much from this site. THANKS
Joan

I have a lot of the Fiskars texture plates and I have the Big Kick. I can use them in my Big Kick the same way I do my Sizzix Texture Plates.

Just use tab 2 on the multi-use platform. Then lay down 2 cardstock shims. I use two 8.5x11 sheets of cardstock, folded in half, for my shims. You may need more or less shims, just play around with it. Then lay down your texture plate, then lay down your paper face down. Then the purple silicone rubber pad, then the impressions pad. I bought the silicone rubber pad and impressions pad in a texturz starter pack.

It works really well. I have noticed I get a deeper emboss with my CB embossing folders, but I still really like the fiskars and the sizzix texturz plates.

Good luck.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #200
Kookie Creator

Thanks to everyone...
for all the Great information!!!