Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-12-2008, 03:45 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Shot Express

So, what does everyone think of this?

I just saw it on Scrap Time!

Very interesting!

Corrie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 05:41 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I'm not impressed by the machine. The only difference is that it's electric rather than crank. I'm certain it would carry a higher price tag also.

I suppose if someone really had a problem with ability to crank the other machine, it might be an option. (I am not criticizing a disability at all !)

The video was very good and certainly was clear and explanatory.

For myself, I like the idea of non-electric die cut and embossing machine. I like my Cricut (electric operation), but that's a different issue.

Sign me Not Impressed.......

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 10:13 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I'm not too crazy about the fact that it needs to be plugged in!? It kinds of limits its ability to be totally portable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

I'm so happy with my Big Shot that I'm not ready to dismiss him! I am perfectly happy! Plus, I want the hostess benefits and free merchandise with my purchases. I am giving additional benefits to my customers right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

I won't be trading my big shot in. We're perfectly happy together. LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just watched the Scrap Time video and I have to say that I'm not impressed. I will not be upgrading my crank model for the electic version.

Several reasons why:
1. Electric vs Manual - manual means portable and not limited by a plug. Also the Electric version seems wider and possibly with the motor might make it heavier as well.
2. Push Button vs Crank - if you have problems with your hands is a crank going to be worse than having to hold a button down? With the electric version you need to keep pressure on the button for it to work.
3. Price - the electric version is almost twice the cost of the crank. I'd rather spend the money on dies.

Thanks but no thanks I will not be upgrading!
http://marielovestostamp.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I don't have the luxury of a craft room and must work on my kitchen table. I don't want to need to move the table to be near an electric outlet. My electric bill is high enough without adding another electrical appliance. I know it only takes a little bit of electric, but it all adds up. Plus the more bells and whistles a machine has the more likely it is to need repair.
A Manual machine is perfect for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plus the more bells and whistles a machine has the more likely it is to need repair.

That's the main reason I'm passing it up. And I already have a BigKick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #9  
Inking Addict

I got my BSE for Christmas, so haven't had it long. I had my reservations as DIL had purchased a crank model a couple of years ago and it was broken before she had a chance to use it. Sizzix barely responded to her complaint, did not repair or replace it. But the promise of a machine that will utilize all of my dies and embossing folders, regardless of manufacturer AND doesn't require physical exertion was more than I could ignore.

So far, I LOVE IT!!! The machine cuts and embosses all of my dies and folders, even embosses brass stencils!! and cuts through everything as promised, even framers mat board.

I especially l like that I am not stressing hands, wrists, shoulders, back to crank the sandwiches through the machine. I tend to park my machines and take them out when I need to use them, then put them back, so plugging in is no more an issue than plugging in my iron or my heat gun.

As I said, I haven't had the machine long and am certainly hoping that I don't develop issues with it as some have stated in other reviews that I've read. If you're looking for ease of use with little physical stress, I'd highly recommend looking more closely at this machine. Actually, Joann's has had it on a very nice sale for a while!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2010, 08:59 AM   #10  
Inking Addict

Just wanted to add that the machine is very quiet. You DO hear a change in the motor when the sandwich is too thick, so not much chance of overburdening it unless you're not paying attention (or letting the kids use it when you're not supervising).

Push button is a toggle (one finger only, not your wrist, hand, fingers, shoulder); machine operates while you're pressing the button, turns off when you're not.

The machine IS a bit heavy, though lighter I think than the original Sizzix machine. Website says the Big Shot (manual version) weights 7.5 pounds, Express weights 9.6. Website also says 3 year limited warranty on manual version, 1 year limited warranty on electric.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #11  
Glitter Queen

Default Big Shot Express Sandwiches

Just got the express and so far im happy. I'm curious if anyone can help out with knowing where to find info on what sandwiches work the best for all the differen't dies, embossing folders. I'm finding info mostly for the crank version! Thank you ladies for heading me in the rite direction! :0)
Reply With Quote Likes