Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-26-2016, 09:57 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 934 Likes on 855 Posts
Default Anyone Else Obsessed with WRMK punch boards

I was just wondering if anyone else goes crazy over the We R Memory Keepers punch boards? I first became aware of them when the Envelope punch board came out. Though in the past I had never even bothered making envelopes. I had always just made my cards to fit what ever size envelopes I had on hand. But I saw it and had to have it. Then I ventured out to get the Pillow box maker. Figured the scoring of the sides would just be so much easier with the board and it was. Then I went out and got the the Box maker. OMG...love this and I spent the entire month of December finding holiday craft decorations to make with the Box maker. Now I see the Frame Punch board.....another OMG I've got to have it. Waiting for it to come to one of the big box stores so I can use a coupon but I'm getting it for sure. I'm also toying with the idea of getting the mini alphabet punch board.So what are your thoughts????? Are you obsessed too???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 12:38 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I only have the envelope one, but I certainly use it a lot - and not just for envelopes! I've made a few boxes with it, and a whack of tabbed file dividers, for instance... Can't say that I'm obsessed, but I'm certainly glad I invested in it! I'll have to check out the others you've mentioned to see if I need any of them...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 01:32 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the MS Scoreboard and have resisted buying anything else. I have made envelopes with the MS board using the corner attachment. I've recently seen the WRMK evenlope board at Tuesday Morning and been tempted. Beyond the punch, would there be any benefit for me?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 01:53 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOBBYSUEView Post
I was just wondering if anyone else goes crazy over the We R Memory Keepers punch boards? I first became aware of them when the Envelope punch board came out. Though in the past I had never even bothered making envelopes. I had always just made my cards to fit what ever size envelopes I had on hand. But I saw it and had to have it. Then I ventured out to get the Pillow box maker. Figured the scoring of the sides would just be so much easier with the board and it was. Then I went out and got the the Box maker. OMG...love this and I spent the entire month of December finding holiday craft decorations to make with the Box maker. Now I see the Frame Punch board.....another OMG I've got to have it. Waiting for it to come to one of the big box stores so I can use a coupon but I'm getting it for sure. I'm also toying with the idea of getting the mini alphabet punch board.So what are your thoughts????? Are you obsessed too???
I spent some time today staring at them while I was at Hobby Lobby. I did see the Frame Punch board there. I need to look on youtube and see it demoed to see if I need it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 02:14 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Covington CrafterView Post
I have the MS Scoreboard and have resisted buying anything else. I have made envelopes with the MS board using the corner attachment. I've recently seen the WRMK evenlope board at Tuesday Morning and been tempted. Beyond the punch, would there be any benefit for me?
Carla the envelope punch board also can make real cute file folder looking cards and paper bows. It has multiple uses and You Tube is filled with envelope punch board ideas. And if its at Tuesday Morning I'd grab it. I'm sure its a great price. Normally $19.99 I believe. I have the MS score board too but find the envelopes are so much easier with the punch board.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkaymacView Post
I spent some time today staring at them while I was at Hobby Lobby. I did see the Frame Punch board there. I need to look on youtube and see it demoed to see if I need it.

jkaymac I wish my Hobby Lobby had them in stock. I frequently use Heartfelt Creation papers and alway use an Xacto for cutting out the centers of some of their toppers. Frame punch board would be so much easier for me. Maybe I wouldn't ruin so many sheets of 12x12 if I could get the inside squares cut cleanly.
here's a link:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 03:02 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I have and love the envelope punch board. At the time many more videos included the envelope punch board for making boxes instead of the box punch board. I had attended a workshop at Michaels to make boxes, and the instructor had the envelope punch board.

I just made some "tea holder folders" using it from a video from Pootles UK.

I hadn't heard of the frame one - will have to watch!

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 03:08 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Punch boards

I got interested them this month as I was researching little gift boxes and bags to make for neighbor and teacher gifts. I don't really need one for making envelopes as I have several envelope makers already. I think I like the candy box one best, but I can't really seem to find a source that shows all the ones available, as well as what each one can do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 03:33 PM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepymom33View Post
I got interested them this month as I was researching little gift boxes and bags to make for neighbor and teacher gifts. I

don't really need one for making envelopes as I have several envelope makers already. I think I like the candy box one best, but I can't really seem to find a source that shows all the ones available, as well as what each one can do.
Did you see the two pages of them on the WRMK site? In case not:
Product List | We R Memory Keepers

There's a heading for instructions at the top of that page too which may help. Then Youtube should have videos of the ones you're considering.

I found the envelope punch board so versatile (thanks to tons of videos) I stuck with it, but the frame one is intriguing.

The ScorPal (with 1/8" grooves) is my go-to for other boxes and of course scoring. I noticed they have a newer version too (drool).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 03:59 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

I just noticed WRMK has an envelope size generator tool on their instruction page (link in previous post) for the Envelope Punch Board - for any size envelope.

You type in the length and width of your card and they give you the paper size and punch measurement to make the envelope! So my make-pretend 3"x2" card requires paper that's 4.75" and the guide measurement is 2". Not that I'd mail that... : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2016, 05:44 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
I just noticed WRMK has an envelope size generator tool on their instruction page (link in previous post) for the Envelope Punch Board - for any size envelope.

You type in the length and width of your card and they give you the paper size and punch measurement to make the envelope! So my make-pretend 3"x2" card requires paper that's 4.75" and the guide measurement is 2". Not that I'd mail that... : )
I know.......right?? That generator tool is awesome. I am so hooked on these things. Crazy!! Really hooked on WRMK punch boards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2016, 02:00 AM   #12  
Crimping Master

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the envelope punch board and the gift bag punch board, and they're both great and work really well. I also have an SU scoring board, but I like the ease of using the punch boards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2016, 04:08 AM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

What awesome tools/toys those boards are! I use the envelope on all the time and the banner one is great. Haven't actually got a usable gift bag yet so I need to practice more. Next up for me is the frames one, perfect for scrapbooking.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2016, 04:14 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Another resource for making envelopes and boxes with the envelope punch board is here:

Envelopes: http://www.thecraftyowl.co.uk/EnvelopeExpert/
Boxes: http://www.thecraftyowl.co.uk/boxbuster/

You can get your dimensions in either inches or millimeters...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2016, 05:12 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Another resource for making envelopes and boxes with the envelope punch board is here:

Thanks Sue...I just made a new PIN board for these. That way I won't lose it! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2016, 06:52 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are 2 tools that I have bought and really really loved them and use them the most. WRMK envelope board and MISTI. I bought the pinwheel maker and had a blast making pinwheels.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2016, 08:35 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by southgirlView Post
There are 2 tools that I have bought and really really loved them and use them the most. WRMK envelope board and MISTI. I bought the pinwheel maker and had a blast making pinwheels.

Ooooooo....I want to make pinwheels!!! Guess I need that one too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2016, 04:43 AM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the envelope punch board. My scor pal makes it easy to make boxes, gift bags, and such. I was almost tempted to purchase the frame board, but decided against it so far. If I want to do a frame I use dies, craft knife, or my perfect layers tool.
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2016, 11:16 AM   #19  
Crimping Master

I have the 1-2-3 punch board. I've not made many envelopes, but I made several boxes and dozens of bows for holiday gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2016, 11:28 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Ohyou naughty enablers!!! I went out and bought the envelope punch board after reading all your posts 'cause I am sure that I NEED it now. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2016, 12:41 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by whim6915View Post
Ohyou naughty enablers!!! I went out and bought the envelope punch board after reading all your posts 'cause I am sure that I NEED it now. :rolleyes:
You will be happy you have it. I use mine quite a bit. I still have lots of those big paper stacks with assorted pattern paper hanging around. I've used most of the suitable ones for cards, but I have lots of pages left. I use the paper with the punch board and make envelopes. Even a kind of "iffy" pattern looks nice if you put the white side out, and the pattern inside an envelope!

I was intrigued by the Frame punch board and did a little research. Some folks seem to love it, and others, not so much. They mentioned that they needed to trim little spots in the frame after making it. Also, it comes with its own blade cutter, which would need to be replaced after a while. I think I will pass on it for now.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2016, 01:50 PM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by whim6915View Post
Enabler Me for sure!!! LOL Ok Update.............I got the WRMK Frame board at Hobby Lobby last night with a 40% coupon. It is Pricey though...regular $29.99 Also went to Tuesday Morning and got the Pinwheel punch board for $9.99!! SCORE!!!!! I haven't tried these out yet but I will this weekend and let you all know how the frame board works.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2016, 01:55 PM   #23  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,909 Likes on 2,180 Posts

I love my envelope punch board and use it a lot for different tings. I also have the box board and pillow box board and wish I'd have not gotten them. I just don't use them. I do wish I had the 123 board because of the extended arm for larger paper, but I'm not into frames so I will pass on that too. I see at Michaels they have a flower board, a banner board, 123 board, and pinwheel board. I don't have the space for all of those boards! I guess its just a matter of knowing what you like and what you would use. Since I only use the envelope punch board, I think that's enough for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2016, 01:58 PM   #24  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by southgirlView Post

For got to mention...did you know that WRMK has a tool called the Precision Press? Similar to the MISTI. I believe less expensive. Here's a link to a You Tube video I saw.

Might be worth checking into.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2017, 08:01 AM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

LOL....thank you for making me aware of the Frame punch board...just put an order in for it!

Happy crafting everybody :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2017, 10:12 PM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I admit when the WRMK envelope maker was released I kind of side eyed it, lol. Why would we need that? We all know how to make envelopes. Then I saw videos where the girls where making bows. BOWS! After that I was obsessed with getting one.

Yes, I almost forgot all the cute planner & journal creations the girls are making with their envelope maker.

I am so happy I bought mine. Guess what I am making more than bows? Yes, if you guessed envelopes you won. It is so easy to make envelopes, cute pockets, boxes, planner pretties & bows. They always come out even. It saved me so much time and frustration to make envelopes for some of my dies when I was redoing my room recently.

I really love the corner rounder. My envelope maker has become my trusty friend in my craft room & I would be lost without her.

I want some more boards. I am hoping at CHA they have some new ones.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2017, 03:52 AM   #27  
Compulsive Stamper

I have the 123 Punch board and absolutely love it. I make envelopes for irregular size cards as well as gift vouchers. And lots of bows. I also have the pillow box board as well but haven't used it as much, but am still happy I have it.

WRMK also has an app called "Envelope Generator" which I use all the time for my envelopes - same as the web-based one but can be used offline. Can be used in metric or imperial. I have it on my iPhone, not sure if there is an Android version.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #28  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

I need one for larger gift bags. And one that doesn't punch holes (for ribbon) on the gusset sides of the bag.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2017, 06:33 PM   #29  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 973 Likes on 472 Posts

I can live without the others but I'm really glad I purchased the envelope punch board. One of my favorite things about it is that it has encouraged me to make cards of different sizes! It wouldn't have occurred to me to try most of them if I hadn't seen them listed on the board.

And I REALLY like being able to make a roomy envelope for my go-to 4-1/4" x 5 1/2" card. My cards usually have a couple of layers and/or something on dimensional adhesive so it's nice to have a little bit of extra room.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2017, 08:59 AM   #30  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post

I dragged that envelope size generator onto my computer's desktop for easy access. I love it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2017, 01:39 AM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post

Thank you Sue so much for reference to the crafty owl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2017, 05:27 AM   #32  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the envelope and the box board and even though I don't use them that often, I like them. I just bought the tab board and love it. I had a tab punch that I hated and the board makes it so easy for me to make tabs for my storage boxes. I've been wanting to make some journals and the tab board will really help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2017, 06:41 AM   #33  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I am definitely late to the party on being interested in the envelope punch board. I was on Pinterest last night and saw a file folder style card for the first time and now I'm on the hunt for the right envelope punch board.

The card I saw was this one by Karen Squires:

File Folder Gift Card Holder by kvsquires - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

She used a SU envelope punch board to make it. She said that SU had the measurements printed on the board to make the right sized envelope to fit an A2 card....what I'm wanting and needing to know is if SU had two different iterations of the envelope punch board. Did the original SU board have measurements for a envelope that was the exact size of an A2 card (and therefore wouldn't allow an A2 card to slip inside)? If so, did they then provide another sticker to fit on the envelope board that had "enhanced" measurements?

The reason I'm asking this question is because I spotted a SU Envelope Board on EBay (UK seller) and it appeared to have measurements printed on the board and then another adhesive label with measurements included that hadn't been attached to the board.

Then my next question is regarding the WeR Memory Keepers envelope punch board. Does it have measurements printed on the board that are for an A2 envelope that allows for that extra 1/4" for easy insertion of a normal A2 card?

I ask these questions because I want to buy only one envelope punch board and I want it to be functional for the size of cards I usually make, A2. I don't want to have to check a website or download measurements to get this basic info, I want it printed on the board for easy reference. Would someone please advise what brand of envelope punch board I should buy that has the measurements printed on it that I am wanting?

I hope that my questions make sense. I am coming from a point of zero info about this product and I need some "schooling" on features! I am ready to be enabled! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2017, 10:27 AM   #34  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't know about the newer envelope boards but when I bought mine from WRMK they found an error on the measurements so they sent out a new label.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2017, 11:01 AM   #35  
Die Cut Diva

Well I ran right down to check mine out.....Mine has A2 cards listed as 4.5 x 5.5 in fact there are no 4.24 cards listed. But......I made a regular 4.25 x 5.5 card and followed directions for envelope listed for A2. Paper measurement printed says 8 1/8 x 8 1/8 and to score at 3.75. I followed that direction and the 4.25 x 5.5 cards fits just fine. I would suggest you look at the WRMK board. If it has A2 cards listed at 4.25 x 5.5 then I would assume it is the newer version with proper measurements. If it has the cards listed as an A2 being 4.5 x.5.5 it may be an older model. Also as for the one on ebay....the lables not on the board may be with the metric measurements. All boards originally came with 2 different lables. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2017, 12:09 PM   #36  
Cardstock Collector

I love the WRMK gift bag punch board. I make tall bags with it all the time. I like to fold the double sided paper over at the top so it adds a little contrast. I only use the envelope punch board for making tag pouches at Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2017, 02:25 PM   #37  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Well I ran right down to check mine out.....Mine has A2 cards listed as 4.5 x 5.5 in fact there are no 4.24 cards listed. But......I made a regular 4.25 x 5.5 card and followed directions for envelope listed for A2. Paper measurement printed says 8 1/8 x 8 1/8 and to score at 3.75. I followed that direction and the 4.25 x 5.5 cards fits just fine. I would suggest you look at the WRMK board. If it has A2 cards listed at 4.25 x 5.5 then I would assume it is the newer version with proper measurements. If it has the cards listed as an A2 being 4.5 x.5.5 it may be an older model. Also as for the one on ebay....the lables not on the board may be with the metric measurements. All boards originally came with 2 different lables. Hope this helps.
Thank you SO much for running a test on your envelope punch board - I'm assuming it is SU, not WRMK? If it is SU, it's valuable to know that the instructions on the label produces the size of envelope I am wanting to be able to make.
Thanks also for letting me know that the SU version from the U.K.might be in metric, that never occurred to me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2017, 06:18 PM   #38  
Die Cut Diva

Suzy...I don't want to mis lead you. The test was done on my WRMK board not Stampin Up. I got the WRMK after the release of the Stampin up one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2017, 06:26 PM   #39  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Suzy...I don't want to mis lead you. The test was done on my WRMK board not Stampin Up. I got the WRMK after the release of the Stampin up one.
I'm so glad you told me that you were using the WRMK board! It's the one I had my eye on and I can pick it up on Amazon for $10.54, free ship! :cool: SU board is $20 plus shipping and I was hesitant to buy it for twice the money of the WRMK board.
"Add to cart!" . Thanks for helping me with my decision AND saving me $$$!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2017, 06:41 PM   #40  
Die Cut Diva

Glad to be of help....enjoy your board!!! Such a great deal!!!
Reply With Quote Likes