Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?
Yes, Holly Berry House Originals Rubber Art Stamps has had an angel policy for 10 or 12 years. We require the customer to fill out a simple contract stating that all products made with our stamps must be done by hand without using any electronic equipment. All they need to do is e-mail a request and their mailing address and we will do the rest. We have given permission to literally hundreds of stampers over the years. Thank you for your interest in our art stamp images.
Holly Berry House Originals
Holly Berry House, Inc.
Needleworks by Holly Berry
2409 W. Colorado Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
719-636-2765 Fax firstname.lastname@example.org www.hollyberryhouse.com
Good question. I thought perhaps I would print off a label in small print with the various companies and just stick it to the back. Though some companies have a specific stamp they would like you to use, so it that case it would not work.
I think this should be a "sticky" .
Copyright is always a question with anything people plan to sell
Many times I have purchased packs of thank you cards at the church fair. I never did rubber stamping so I didn't care which company's stamps, die cuts or paper were used.
My logic is: if the card maker sells more cards he/she will buy more products.
Restricting or making it difficult to use their products must diminishes "the company's" sales.
I wonder if these company leaders understand the laws of " unintended consequences"? Hum-m-m
have copied & pasted this from the Sugar Nellie blog....
Sugar Nellie welcomes artists who would like to use our stamp images in
their own hand-stamped craftwork that they produce to sell. Therefore, we
give permission in the form of a limited license to use any Sugar Nellie
stamp images for the purpose of creating craftworks for sale, under the
Each craftwork created for sale must be personally and individually
hand-stamped by the selling artist and may not be reproduced or copied in
any form by any means, graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including
photocopying. Mass production, assembly-line construction, production by
workers for hire, or syndication of hand-stamped craftwork for sale is
strictly prohibited. This includes selling stamped sheets.
All Sugar Nellie images are copyrighted, which means that they may not be
copied without permission.
Maya Road welcomes artists who have purchased Maya Road products to use our products in their own, hand-produced works.
Artists may sell their hand-produced works that physically include our rubons, books, ribbons, embellishments, and other products without obtaining Maya Road’s prior approval. The designs embodied in these products, however, are proprietary to Maya Road or its licensors, and artists may not reproduce these products or designs, except under the license below.
Maya Road gives artists a limited license to reproduce certain Maya Road designs in hand-produced works, with the following conditions.
• The license only applies to those designs reproduced through the normal, intended use of Maya Road products by the artist. For example, the license would apply to designs created by using our stamps to stamp cards. The license would not apply to designs created by tracing our embellishment shapes on paper (unless the artist is tracing a chipboard shape in order to cover the chipboard) or to hand-drawn reproductions of our stamp, rubon, embellishment, or other designs. If an artist is unsure whether a particular use is part of the normal, intended use of a product, please contact us.
• Each item created for sale must be personally and individually hand-produced by the artist and may not be copied in any way (including via graphic, electronic, or mechanical means, such as photocopying). Mass production, assembly-line construction, production by workers for hire, or syndication of hand-produced works for sale is strictly prohibited. No more than 100 copies of a particular item may be produced without obtaining Maya Road’s prior written approval.
• No Maya Road design may be mechanically reproduced by any means, including by photocopying, by scanning and printing, or by using overhead or opaque projectors for enlarging.
• Completed, hand-produced works using Maya Road designs may only be sold by the artist directly to consumers. Works may not be sold to resellers of any kind.
• The artist must make it clear that the items are hand-produced, and not a product of Maya Road. The artist may identify any Maya Road products used as being from Maya Road, but the Maya Road logo may not be used in any way for the purpose of promoting the sale of the artist’s works, unless the artist has obtained Maya Road’s prior written approval.
• Maya Road designs may not be used in the creation of logos or trademarks.
• The artist may not sell any Maya Road design on a stand-alone basis. No artist work may compete with any Maya Road product.
• The artist must have all necessary rights to use and sell all designs, images, and materials incorporated or otherwise used in the work.
• The artist assumes all responsibility for her work and agrees to indemnify Maya Road and its members, employees, contractors, agents, and licensors from all claims arising from or related to her work.
• The artist is solely responsible for complying with any local, state, and federal tax regulations and other applicable laws.
• MAYA ROAD DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
• Maya Road may amend its policies governing the use of its proprietary designs, including this Angel Policy, at any time. Amendments to such policies are effective upon publication unless otherwise noted and will be posted on the official Maya Road website. Maya Road reserves the right to deny or terminate permission to use Maya Road designs with respect to any particular person.
• Maya Road is a Texas corporation. The laws of the State of Texas govern this Angel Policy. The state and federal courts for Denton County, Texas, will have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceeding arising from this policy. Any failure by Maya Road to enforce any of its rights will not constitute a waiver of such rights.
A thread was started a while ago about angel policies and a particular company. I don't remember which one. I did an informal search and there are several threads that mention angel policies, but not one that is focused about them specifically here at SCS.
Pauline - in case you're interested, i built a chart with the policies of many companies (with links to their online policies). it's posted here.
my PunchPal Too | my SU! Inventory File | my Tickets Too: shown on my website
my free downloadable calendar templateshere
BasicGrey™ papers and products are developed for the innovative use of our customers to create a wide variety of decorative projects, including scrapbook pages, cards, altered art and home decor. BasicGrey™ does not object to the use of our products in another product for resale in a limited quantity; however BasicGrey™ does have a few guidelines, which may be modified at BasicGrey’s™ discretion.
No BasicGrey™ paper, product or artwork may be altered or mechanically reproduced or copied by any means (including, without limitation, to photocopying, computer scanning and printing, photographing, using overhead or opaque projectors for enlarging, or hand-copying images, etc.). When you do create a project for resale, the item must be personally made by you and not mass reproduced.
BasicGrey’s™ artwork, trademarks, logos, intellectual property, proprietary designs, etc, may not be used or incorporated into a company or personal logo, trademark, trade name or trade dress; may not be used in any manner that is considered harmful by or toward BasicGrey™; and may not be used in any other way that implies an endorsement by BasicGrey™ of your product or project, or an affiliation of you with BasicGrey™.
If you have any questions concerning this Angel Policy, please contact: __________________
I'm assuming they want you to contact them. This is the contact information I received :
I e-mailed Hobby Lobby about their "Angel Policy". Here is their response:
You can hand make products using our rubber stamps and sell them for a profit, as long as no machine replication is used. This policy applies to all of our rubber stamps except our licensed lines, which are House-Mouse Designs®, Happy Hoppers®, PEANUTS®, Sesame Street®, Amy Bradley Designs® and Born To Shop®. On these six lines we cannot give permission for you to use them on products you will be selling for profit.