Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Adhesives

Am making my Christmas cards and have almost depleted my adhesive supply. I know I have some favorites, but thought I might start a(nother) thread about which ones every one likes best...
I love the Tombow MonoMulti, the SU! 2 Way Glue and the SU! Dimensionals. Would love to know a good runner or tape, not completely sold on the Tombow or SU! runners...they don't seem to hold if there's more than one layer. I hate to send cards off in the mailing worrying that it will have fallen apart before it gets to the recipient.

Thanks All!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tombow make the SU adhesive runners and in my opinion, they don't work worth beans. I use an ATG now and haven't had any problems with things falling apart. I ordered my tape refills from the Tape Depot and it worked out to about $1.70ish a roll I think - I can't quite remember it was over a year ago that I ordered. I also order the acid free tape because I scrapbook as well and didn't want to have to have two dispensers and switch back and forth. I also use to use Terrifically Tacky tape (the red liner tape) and it really holds, but that product is made by Provo Craft and I won't buy their products anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Another vote for ATG. I got sick and tired of my cards falling apart too. I had that problem with Tombow/SU! tape runners. Nothing falls apart now that I'm using an ATG! I do also use glue dots and dimensionals. I'm not a fan of liquid glue. Too messy for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

ATG is what I use. Love!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

My top 3 are Tombow MonoMulti, ATG and Scor-Tape. I've never had anything fall apart with these three adhesives.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2012, 03:19 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Love my ATG, so that is my #1 choice. I also like my Tombow tape runner, although I think I'm the only one here who hasn't had any issues with it - except for one bad refill. For liquid glue, I really like Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive and FabriTac.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2012, 03:32 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I work at Joann's and a lady came through my register line the other day and bought this: Amazon.com: Duck Brand Easy-Stick Double Stick Adhesive Roller, 0.31-Inch x 255.6-Inches, 4-Pack of Rollers (280307): Office Products. I asked her about it and she said it works much better than the Tombow tape runners. She does collage type layered cards and said they don't fall apart when she uses the Duck runner. Has anyone else tried it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayelle821View Post
My top 3 are Tombow MonoMulti, ATG and Scor-Tape. I've never had anything fall apart with these three adhesives.
These are my Top 3 as well.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by meeyore151View Post
I work at Joann's and a lady came through my register line the other day and bought this: Amazon.com: Duck Brand Easy-Stick Double Stick Adhesive Roller, 0.31-Inch x 255.6-Inches, 4-Pack of Rollers (280307): Office Products. I asked her about it and she said it works much better than the Tombow tape runners. She does collage type layered cards and said they don't fall apart when she uses the Duck runner. Has anyone else tried it?
The Duck was my go to brand before I got my ATG. I thought it was the best that I had tried as far as the small tape runners. The only time I purchased it was with a coupon, though. Now I love the ATG. It is so much more cost effective if you use a lot of it & I do! I also buy mine from Tape Depot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by meeyore151View Post

The Duck Brand used to be my most-used adhesive. Of all the small tape runners I've used, I'd say it is the best.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I really like the Duck brand tape runners, but they are so hard to find. Seems my Joanns never has them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Default atg 700 & the pink atg

has any one else compared these? i started with the pink atg gun i bought it with a cupon at joanns.. I do out door fairs and events and i found that in the heat my cards layers were lifting apart from one another and comming apart.. so i decided to try the atg 700 gun which holds from 1/2 inch tape to 3/4 inch (it will hold 1/4 if you buy the optional addaptor which is extra) i started by buying heat resistant tape but have tried the normal 1/2 inch and i have not had a problem since it could be that the extra surface area that is covered helps it stick better or something im not sure but i use my Atg 700 with 1/2 inch tape by far the most i still use my pink gun for small detail strips that are 1/4 inch think or box flaps that are only that thick.. I have found that the 3m tape seems to work the best the last time i ordered (from uline) i tried the cheaper off brand tape and it broke on me 4 times so i would have to say DO NOT buy off brand tape from Uline buy 3-m...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #13  
Glitter Queen

I'd like to add my two cents here. I do sometimes use the Tombow but I too have had mixed reviews on that tape. I've also used doublesided tape - even the cheap ones from Scrapbuck work fine.

I do however have to put out a plug for my favorite glue.... ScrapHappy Sheer Glue from The Rubber Cafe. When I first took a class with Melissa (the owner) at a Scrapbook Expo she used her glue. I was NOT interested in a liquid glue because of the mess. But after using it some more I have learned better control of it and I use it on just about all my cards. If I have any glue on the edge of my card I just use that little adhesive eraser to remove it.

The best thing about this glue is the many uses I have with it. I have used it to make my own pop-dots, glue spots, even the large glue circles to make ribbon rosettes. It dries tacky. I even use it to attach rhinestones that don't have the glue already on.

Another thing I can do with this glue is use it on my stamps with glitter. By sponging it lightly on a stamp (wash your stamp in warm soapy water right after - and I've never had a stamp ruined by that) and then stamping and let it dry a bit and run her fine glitters over it with your fingers and dust off the excess. It looks great. And I was never into glitters either because of the mess, but just use a swiffer duster and clean up is easy.

So if you ever want to give liquid glue a chance, start with ScrapHappy. I love it! And no, I'm not an employee of Rubber Cafe - just a fan. In fact she just had a sale on it and I stocked up.

She has videos on her website: The Rubber Cafe | Tips & Techniques
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I use my ATG and Ivy Hollow glue . I use these two products on all my paper crafts. I mostly use the needle top bottle.

http://darlenemcg.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #15  
Compulsive Stamper

I preferred the Duck Brand tape runner UNTIL I got my ATG gun. What I liked about the Duck tape is that it was in little rectangles and you could pick one off to put under small pieces and adhere. I purchased my gun and tape from the Tape Depot also. When you figure the cost per inch of the ATG it is by far the cheapest of any thing I have found. Tape refills sell for about 28.00 including shipping for 12 rolls at the tape depot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

ATG
MONO MULTI
These are what I use.
Blessings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Love my ATG, and have been using it for a few years now. Nothing ever comes apart.

For liquid I still use good old Diamond Glaze, and just recently tried a fairly new brand that is quickly becoming my "go to" choice. It's called Best Glue Ever by ScraPerfect. It dries fast, clear and holds well, even for those jewel embellishments. It has a nice small point and you only need a small amount - it's wonderful!
Reply With Quote Likes