Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 X12 paper storage ????

Ok girls I know you all can direct me in the right direction... My 12 X 12 paper is getting out of control, what do you all suggest for the best and cheapest way to go? I have two of the SU! 12 x 12 holders and they have worked great until now. I wasn't sure if that would be my best way to go for a larger quantity... Tell me I can take it! Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

I don' know about you, but I love my storage. I use the 3 drawer white craft cubes which I bought at AC Moore when they were on sale. I think Michael's and Target sell the same.

This way, Idon't have to worry about sun damage, dust or ??? I use a drawer for each family plus.... more.

I use these same storage containers to store my punches, my accessories - which I store in medium sized salt and petter shakers, and many other things

They come in all shapes and sizes. I use the 4 drawer cubes to hold my ink and refills, stamp sets in Cd holders, etc.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Not cheap, but I love my 12 x 12 shelves: http://www.scrapbookingmall.com/shop...ookcabinet.asp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

well, i was on the hunt for 12x12 storage as well. last week i went to michaels and they had a sale. 40% of scrapbook storage. i wish i would have told you sooner. but i bought a 10 pack of those plastic sleeves for about 6 bucks (with the discount). i loooooove them.
next time you get a coupon in the mail for michaels, check it out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Ladies, I have gone to Joanns today as I have a coupon but they are always so much more than anyone alse. MY M's takes J's coupons so I will need to check them out.THANKS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2008, 02:54 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

i bought 3 drawer units for my paper at walmart they are in the rubbermaid department fit paper perfectly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 07:38 AM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

Default !2 X 12

I'm pribably in the minority, but I store all my paper in hanging files. I have a plain plastic 4 drawer unit from Target that I use for my 8.5 X 11 and a metal cart I got from Craft Direct that holds my 12 X 12. The metal cart has hanging files on the right and shelves and two basket drawers on the left. I love this cart. Some people may say that the paper curls, but my folders are always full so I don't have this problem. Also, I can see all my paper and thumb through it. Also takes up the least room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 09:28 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I was thinking I have to come up with something better for my 12 x 12. I am damaging it the way I am storing it now. Will have to figure out what works best for my space and pocketbook!

Thanks for all the ideas

My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 09:47 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I use the Cropper Hopper 12x12 Storage. They look kind of like really big magazine holders. They are usually 25.00 at AC Moore or Michaels and I use a 50% off coupon when I have one. It works out really well for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

My HL carries this for $19.99...I use a 40% off coupon when I don't need anything else.

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/cropperhopper5
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2008, 05:02 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewmuch2d0View Post
I don' know about you, but I love my storage. I use the 3 drawer white craft cubes which I bought at AC Moore when they were on sale. I think Michael's and Target sell the same.

This way, Idon't have to worry about sun damage, dust or ??? I use a drawer for each family plus.... more.

I use these same storage containers to store my punches, my accessories - which I store in medium sized salt and petter shakers, and many other things

They come in all shapes and sizes. I use the 4 drawer cubes to hold my ink and refills, stamp sets in Cd holders, etc.
I use this cube system, too. Haven't seen them @ Target, but have purchased through AC Moore & Michaels. ACM has them on sale frequently, @ Michaels I use a coupon. I don't use the drawers for my paper, though. I use the cubes that have dividers. They can be used horizontally or vertically. I prefer to store my paper horizontally. It's sorted by color family, w/ cropper hopper's dividers between colors. In another cube w/ dividers, I have my chipboard, rub-ons, templates. The drawer ones are very strong - I have two drawers that are both full of SU!'s punches, which get quite heavy. No problems, they can take it! I also have a drawer that has the dividers that make them into square sections; I use this to store ribbon and embellishments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2008, 11:38 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeaceandJoyView Post
I use this cube system, too. Haven't seen them @ Target, but have purchased through AC Moore & Michaels. ACM has them on sale frequently, @ Michaels I use a coupon. I don't use the drawers for my paper, though. I use the cubes that have dividers. They can be used horizontally or vertically. I prefer to store my paper horizontally. It's sorted by color family, w/ cropper hopper's dividers between colors. In another cube w/ dividers, I have my chipboard, rub-ons, templates. The drawer ones are very strong - I have two drawers that are both full of SU!'s punches, which get quite heavy. No problems, they can take it! I also have a drawer that has the dividers that make them into square sections; I use this to store ribbon and embellishments.
Do either of you guys that use this system have a photo of what it looks like? I like the sound of this, and love to see what they look like (so I will know when I go to the store!) TIA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #13  
Glitter Guru

I'm in the middle of reorganizing & I have no idea what to do with my 12x12 pattern paper. Are you talking about pattern, or solid? I think solid would be easier to organize, right now I just have 2 piles ~ one on a shelf & one in a vertical organizer, no rhyme or reason, it just gets all shoved together. I know a lot of people organize by color, but a lot of my paper is lots of colors. Organize by company? I don't think I could do that. And I don't know if I should buy just one of those hinged plastic storage units ~~ saw them at Michael's today ~ as long as it's all together anyway, at least it wouldn't be getting dusty. Or do I buy Cropper Hoppers? So not only do I not know how to store it, I don't know how to organize it!! I have a very small space so I definitely don't have room for all the shelving I see in some people's rooms. It seems easier for me to flip through my pattern paper when it's in a pile on my lap, so I'm not sure vertical storage is the right thing for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2008, 11:53 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

Oh, & what do you do with your scraps? At first I was trying to keep it with the whole pieces, but it got out of control FAST. Now I have a basket just of scraps, & I try to look in there first when I'm looking for paper. Not sure what the best way is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #15  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusannkView Post
I use the Cropper Hopper 12x12 Storage. They look kind of like really big magazine holders. They are usually 25.00 at AC Moore or Michaels and I use a 50% off coupon when I have one. It works out really well for me.
I also use the Cropper Hopper 12x12 storage. I just bought the starter pack a couple of weeks ago (50% off--I think it was then about $12), and it is working out great so far. Here's a pic:
http://www.cropperhopper.com/index.a...ROD&ProdID=342

I didn't have much space, so this was a good option for me. Hope that helps.

I design for Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 05:58 AM   #16  
Cardstock Collector

Default my answer

First, scraps. I know people that do a couple of things. Myself, I have gallon ziplock bags that I use for scraps. I have them devided by color. All the reds go in one bag, all the blues in another etc. Then, I have them upright in a large shoe box. That way I can just grab the color I need and find the right color. My friend uses 3 drawer organizers and lables them by color. I think she has 2-3 of those.

Most of my friends organize thier patterned paper by design type. Floral, check, stripes, dots, paisley, animals.etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 06:19 AM   #17  
Glitter Guru

This is how I store and organize mine:

http://craftski.multiply.com/photos/..._CRAFT_ROOM#16

and

http://craftski.multiply.com/photos/..._CRAFT_ROOM#14

And then I organize my scrap paper like this:

http://craftski.multiply.com/photos/..._CRAFT_ROOM#17

I hope that helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #18  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruthelisaView Post
I'm pribably in the minority, but I store all my paper in hanging files. I have a plain plastic 4 drawer unit from Target that I use for my 8.5 X 11 and a metal cart I got from Craft Direct that holds my 12 X 12. The metal cart has hanging files on the right and shelves and two basket drawers on the left. I love this cart. Some people may say that the paper curls, but my folders are always full so I don't have this problem. Also, I can see all my paper and thumb through it. Also takes up the least room.
I prefer to hang my paper as well or some of it anyway. I too use a mail cart so I can roll it where I need it in my craft room. The bulk of my paper I have in wooden cubes my son made for me in shop class with removable shelves (he was so sweet... or so I thought story I got from a friend is he was bored *giggles*). I have never had a problem with it curling.... and I find less damage to the corners because it is easier to look through then if it were laying flat in a drawer or on a shelf.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #19  
Mad Swapper

I use the vertical storage containers like the ones that SU sells. I have several and I like the vertical better than anything I've tried.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have mine in hanging files that fit into the cropper hopper heavy duty tote on wheels! It works great.. it has a lid to close it when not in use! LOVE IT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2008, 06:58 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

For scraps, I have an accordion-style portfolio folder (it's for 12x12 paper). There are dividers inside and tabs (kinda like what my kids use for their school folder). I put labels on for each color. About once a month I go through the basket I have on my desk and file them away.

For whole PP and CS, I have both the 12x12 and 8.5x11 Cropper Hopper vertical holders. They work great for me. I'm waiting on my new countertop, am planning to post some pics of my scrap room as soon as that's done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2008, 07:32 PM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

I went to one of my smaller scrapbooking haunts and she happened to have 2 towers that hold 27 - 12X12 cardstocks each. She changed what she was using so she sold them to me for $75 each.

You might try that or keep an eye in the paper for stores closing out that have the same wire coated shelving units.
Reply With Quote Likes