Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trouble with Heartfelt Creations Vintage floret frame die

Hi I am having a terrible and frustrating time with this die.I have watched and followed the video so many times and almost every time I use the die it does not match up with the stamp.Is it just me?Can anyone give any advise I have made templates of colored paper and then I tried the acetate sheets thinking that would be better but no luck it is almost like the acetate has stretched when I line everything up my template seems a fraction bigger then the die.Occasionally ,very occasionally I fluke it.This is my fave stamp and die i need help please.The die is nearly always is just off a bit and I get bits cut off where they shouldn't ,there must be an easier way.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Is this the die you are having issues with?

Vintage Floret Die

I have many Heartfelt creations flower dies/stamps and when you do it the way they suggest in the videos, it usually works for me.

Have you contacted Heartfelt for help? They have really good customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Default trouble with dies

Hi ,no that is the flower, I am talking about the floret frame die that is very ornate with leaves and flowers and a circle cut out of centre.Who ever I ask just refers me to the videos but still having trouble.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know the stamp and die you mean but look at the stamped flower closely. Sometimes, the petals are slightly different so that could be the problem. I know that there have been videos for the SU pansy punch and the coordinating stamp set so this might be part of your difficulty.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by JunneeView Post
Hi ,no that is the flower, I am talking about the floret frame die that is very ornate with leaves and flowers and a circle cut out of centre.Who ever I ask just refers me to the videos but still having trouble.

Decorative Leafy Frame Die

I had never seen that frame die....that looks hard to match up. Sorry I would definitely contact Heartfelt Creations for tips and tricks to help with that one.:oops:

Also I put a link to this question in the Heartfelt Creations Alumni DT group on Facebook. Maybe one of those ladies can help you. I wasn't on the team when this die was released.

Last edited by debbiemom23cs; 12-09-2013 at 03:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Yep thats the one.My template seems to be a fraction larger then the die which means it doesnt always line up.I dont know how that could be, but that is what is happening
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #8  
Inking Addict

Hi Junee! I'm Caroline and I was on the Heartfelt DT when the Vintage Floret Frame stamp and die were released as part of the Sweet Serenity Collection. It's a beautiful stamp and die! My best advice is to make a hinged template using a heavy weight card stock such as Neenah and use either painters blue tape or Scotch removable cello tape all the way across the end. Make the taped hinge on the end of the die opposite the end that has the little leaf protruding from the frame. Use 1-2 layers of wax paper between the die and card stock. Do not cut off the little leaf protruding... it will help you line up the template and die on top of your stamped image. I think using a heavy weight cs for your template will work much better than colored paper or acetate as they do tend to stretch and move around. Once you stamp the frame, open the hinge on the template/die combo so you can line up the cs template on your stamped image. Holding the template in place, tape the template down with removable tape to your stamped cs. Add a piece of wax paper and carefully close the die on top and tape it in place as well to prevent shifting when running through your machine. Mine never comes out 100% perfect and if there are any lines that got shaved off in cutting, I just take a multi liner and draw the line back in. By the time your card or project is finished and you add coloring and embellishments, no one will notice a line might be off. Hope that will help some. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Red face

Thank you so much for your advice.I am so grateful.I will try and have a go tomorrow and get back to you.I really do love the stamp and die and everything of heartfelt creations but this particular one is my fav.I am so excited to try what you recommend.Again thank.
Junnee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #10  
Inking Addict

You're welcome and I'm crossing my fingers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #11  
Glitter Queen

I have attached 2 images that show how to line up this image quickly and easily. You will want to make your template and then when you line it up, just focus on lining up the die with the outer edge of the stamped image and the 2 leaf tip that jut out on the one side of the die. Once you have done this, flop the die down and press down the tape as shown to secure the template to the stamped image. If you continue to have issues please let me know.
Emma Lou Beechy
Heartfelt Creations
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails
Trouble with Heartfelt Creations Vintage floret frame        die-img_5344.jpg   Trouble with Heartfelt Creations Vintage floret frame        die-img_5345.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes