Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becca StampsView Post
I've gone through so many ribbon storage systems and have settled on one that I think will keep me for a while....I'm really pleased with it. I put up a post on my blog so that I could share quite a few sample pictures. You'll find them here:

http://www.amazingpapergrace.com/ama...ibbon-storage/

Feel free to send questions!
I took your idea and ran with it!! I cut plastic canvas into 2-3/4 x 2-3/4 squares and wrapped my ribbon around it, securing it with pony tail elastics. I had 3 Art Bin divided boxes on hand that I had previously used for my punches. I took an underbed storage box that was totally full of spooled ribbon and reduced it to two of the much smaller Art Bin containers. I didn't have to buy anything since I already had everything in one corner of my room or another. Thanks for the idea!
Sylvia
(no gallery yet)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2008, 06:53 AM   #42  
Inking Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmg.sweetView Post
Everyone has such neat ideas! I was wondering because I use the floss cards/floss box and it has always worked well for me, but now that I'm buying SU ribbon I've noticed I have 4 spools of different styles of choc. chip ribbon and can't decide if I should keep grossgrain together and taffeta together, etc. or if I should keep all choc. chip together...

Ah, the dilemma of having so many gorgeous ribbons!

I think I would organize by color as that is often what you are looking at matching first. Once you have found the color that works you can select the type of ribbon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2008, 06:57 AM   #43  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much for the help Becca!!!! You are my storage solution hero!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2008, 07:38 AM   #44  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 83 Likes on 32 Posts

I have solid color ribbons (even if there is a pattern but all in the same color family) in jars. My spools of ribbon are on pants hangers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2008, 11:54 AM   #45  
Polyshrink Goddess

wow, you are all so creative. I don't have a stamping room -- only a shelf in my linen closet -- so I try to really save room. I keep all my loose ribbons wrapped around empty toilet paper tubes by color, which are then lined up in a shoebox. They never get folded or crunched on such a large tube. I can get three different ribbons on each tube.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #46  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by garagesaledivaView Post
I store my ribbon in two ways.

I have two hanging wire shelf organizers that I bought at a yard sale for $1 each. They are the type of thing that most people would buy to hang on the back of a pantry door or in a bathroom closet. One holds ribbon on rolls, by color, and the other holds ribbons in baggies, by color. The bagged ribbon is the ribbon I buy at the Offray Ribbon Outlet Store, just a few miles from my house. The ribbon comes in extremely large quantities, so to take it out of the baggies and roll it onto to anything takes up more space. I just counted and I have about 65 rolls of ribbon on the one organizer, with room for more.
Diva ~ I'm very sorry for your loss.

LOVE your tribute to your G'Mother. I could almost write the same thing of mine....cept she wouldn't let us win...she had to win at everything...one of her charms!

Hang onto those memories!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2008, 08:26 AM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

I have my SU ribbon store in Craft Mates ribbon boxes. But all of my other ribbon I have on a big ring that I have on a screw that is on the upper level of my stamping desk. Just put a safety pin through the end of the ribbon and attach to the ring. If it is a long piece I let the piece hang down a couple of feet and then loop it on the pin and do this over and over. It is really easy to access. I find I use that ribbon more. All I have to do is reach over and snip a piece of the end. And the incredible thing is that is takes up so much less space!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2008, 09:16 AM   #48  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

My ribbon is stored in almost a dozen different type containers, but each is identified by a number. I have a looseleaf notebook with pages having 1 inch strips of each ribbon (attached with ATG tape) with the storage location number noted. All the reds are together, all the golds together, etc. Page protectors keep the ribbons secure. I like being able to see and compare all the possible choices under good light.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #49  
Cardstock Collector

Just got a FANTASTIC ribbon storage unit...and I see another one in my future, but I LOVE it -- check it out: http://organizemore.com/Shop_Now.html

Right now I have it organized with all the Stampin Up ribbon together, then the rest roughly by color or by "pattern" (like all the polka dot stuff together). Got about 70 rolls of ribbon in one organizer and now I can see all the stuff without pawing through my old boxes or basket.

Can't say enough good stuff about this and the ink pad organizer from Organize More...great quality products at a reasonable price. This is what Santa is bringing me this year!!!

Happy Stamping! Happy Holidays!
Sherry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #50  
Pearl-ExPert

I did this with my ribbons...rolls are in a drawer, but at least a yard of each is on the clips on an Ikea curtain wire....sorted by color. I really like them hanging, so I can pull a strand out and lay in on the card to decide if it will work without unrolling anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Storing Ribbon-morecards006.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
I did this with my ribbons...rolls are in a drawer, but at least a yard of each is on the clips on an Ikea curtain wire....sorted by color. I really like them hanging, so I can pull a strand out and lay in on the card to decide if it will work without unrolling anything.
I did the same thing. I cut a template with my silhouette and cut it out of transparency and now they are all (almost all) haning on a binder ring on my curtain rod.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #52  
Kookie Creator

I keep mine in jars wound up around itself and secured with tiny rubber bands.

I had them on the doll clothes pins but they took up too much room. Heres a pic of what it looks like now

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 06:18 AM   #53  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becca StampsView Post
I've gone through so many ribbon storage systems and have settled on one that I think will keep me for a while....I'm really pleased with it. I put up a post on my blog so that I could share quite a few sample pictures. You'll find them here:

http://www.amazingpapergrace.com/ama...ibbon-storage/

Feel free to send questions!
I spent the last few days ("spare" time in front of the TV) setting up my ribbon storage like this. WOWOWOWOWOW! It is amazing (I know that has been said!) how much ribbon you can get into one of these. and so tidy and all the colors together for easy pickin'! Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #54  
Glitter Queen

I love the clothespin storage for my ribbon. I keep the "ribboned" clothespins in a cute basket and can carry the basket to my workspace. The ribbons are easy to see. I did find shorter (about 1") straight pins with colored, ball-type heads at JoAnn Fabric so my fingers don't get poked and can easily find the ribbon end. I drop all ribbon scraps in a glass jar and use those for a dash of color on cards. BTW...my wonderful hubby made me a shadow box (deep enough for jars) shelf for my craft room. It has several shelves and I use Ball jars for a variety of supplies (brads, buttons, tags, flowers, so I can see from my workspace what is available for embellishments. I covered the backing with fabric that blends with my carpet. He trimmed it out with moulding that is beautiful and matches my cabinetry...I'm a lucky gal to have a talented fella to make me anything I want. Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2009, 04:26 AM   #55  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: scrappin and cat napping in the thumb of Minglerville
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default clothes pins

Quote:

Originally Posted by stigmom6View Post
I store mine on old fashioned cloths pins (20 for $1 at Dollar Tree) then by color in Glass jars.
I use the clothes pins also but how to you keep them on there? I thought about a map pin but I thought it would make a hole in the ribbon and i wondered if a rubber band would be too tight and bunch it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2009, 04:31 AM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: scrappin and cat napping in the thumb of Minglerville
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default display

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeyorefanaticView Post
I keep mine in jars wound up around itself and secured with tiny rubber bands.

I had them on the doll clothes pins but they took up too much room. Heres a pic of what it looks like now

those look great. Do you have any touble with the rubber bands bunching, making wrinkles? I just got a cute decorative shelf and I think jars of ribbons and such would look great on it. Thanks for the picture
Reply With Quote Likes