Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Score It vs Scor-Pal

I'm sure this has been posted before... I am looking to buy one of these and would like pros and cons from SCS members who have them and use them.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to let me know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

me too! hope someone answers soon!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

tagging along
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:37 AM   #4  
Inking Addict

Default My opinion....

I have a Scor-It and just bought a Scor-Pal. I resisted the Scor-Pal because I thought I would be limited in the size of my scores, but when you figure out how to move your paper around, that just isn't the case. I think that if you currently use a Fiskar's trimmer to scor, the Scor-It might be easier to use. The Scor-It is heavier so it feels more solid and of better quality than the Scor-pal, in my opinion. Of course with it being heavier, I will be less likely to pull it out. I think that the Scor-It makes a more crisp scor line, but that might just be my perception because I think it is a better quality product. But I personally like the Scor-Pal better. It is made of plastic so it feels a little flimsy but that makes it easy to store out of the way on its side. The Scor-pal website has a lot more ideas with directions on how to complete the projects. Check out the websites.

http://scorit.com/

http://scor-pal.com/

Although I think highly of my Scor-It, I prefer the Scor-Pal. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stampingcaj........There are a number of threads on this forum on this very subject, you might want to check out for opinions.

In my opinion........The Scor-Pal is the best! Lightweight, very versatile. I feel much more accurate than the Score It.

The Scor-Pal has a whole website of projects with excellent tutorials. Also, there is a whole forum on this website for the Scor-Pal.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 05:14 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I love the Score-Pal. I had the mini Score-It and my cards were rarely even for some reason!
Sally Taylor, Fun Stampers Journey Coach #1118

My FSJ site
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2008, 08:52 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I have both and I've only used the Pal once... after I bought it.

The scor line isn't as nice as the It and when I push to hard to make a decent score, the paper rips. I'm keeping it in case I want to do some mass producing but every day I am always reaching for the It. I love that the It is so sturdy feeling and I can have the flexibility or scoring at any 1/8 of an inch. I also like that the It scors the front of the card. What I mean is, on the It, when you scor, the front of the card is facing you where the Pal, the front is on the plastic. I have the tendency to add a scor line after everything is set and done, with the It I can see where on the card I have a stamp/edge of another paper.

I don't do fancy scoring/craft making. So the It is perfect for me. I also love the crisp scor line the It makes compare to the Pal.

If you have an Archivers near by, go there and try both out. I went there set on the Pal but after actually trying both, I bought the It. I bought the It first and could have done without the Pal really but I'm one who's got to have them all and I didn't have anything else better to spend my 30% off Archivers coupon that day so I now have both.

Happily designing for WPlus9 and CSS stamps, Waltzingmouse sketch, Scarlet Lime kit club, and the Digichick Card Caravan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2008, 02:09 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

I'm another fan of the Scor-It. I don't have a Scor-Pal but I do have another make of board that uses that same construction (molded grooves at set intervals) so I'm comparing with that.

Because the Scor-It has the steel rule for the score, the line is much crisper. That's great for folding but even better if you're using the scored line as part of the decoration on a project. This card in my gallery was done using the Scor-It and I love how crisp that grid came out. You do have to take a little care with your alignment to get even spacing since you're moving the paper each time but the freedom to score exactly where you want more than makes up for that for me.

I love the solid feel of the Scor-It and the non-slip surface of the rubber mat on each side of the central rule.

What this thread is really going to tell you though is that everyone is different! If you can get to play with the two tools before you buy, you'll be able to make a much better judgement about which camp you fall in to.

Have fun with whichever one you choose!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2008, 03:32 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I have both of these and prefer the Scor-It. It makes more pronounced score lines, though it is heavier than the ScorPal. I have used the ScorPal with much success and don't dislike it, I would just pick the Scor-It if I had to choose. ScorPal is more portable and just as easy to use, really. The tool on the Scor-It locks into the channel so nicely, making a deep score line from the very top of the cardstock, since the raised scoring strip starts above where the paper does. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes