Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Ritz Camera?

I just ordered some nesties from Ritz camera. It said they would email me a confirmation and once I received that I needed to call them to confirm my order due to a credit card processing problem. Anyone else have this happen? There shouldn't have been any problem with the cc. Oh well, I just got the email confirmation...guess I'll go call and see what the deal is about.

Jane
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased a camera from them over a year ago and had the same thing happen. They told me this was their policy on purchases over a certain amount.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #3  
kvb
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's odd isn't it? But the same thing happened to me too. They said it was their policy when I asked the second time about it. The first time was to confirm the address and the second to confirm the credit card. Both orders were placed within the last two months. I ordered nestabilities both times and live in PA. Both orders arrived quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm having to deal with them today because they ran my credit card 3 times over. I spoke to a lady at Corporate because their 877 toll free number kept disconnecting me after being placed on hold for 1/2 hour through their automated system. Anyway, they said that they only showed an authorization when I placed the order and once more when it gets to the warehouse/supplier. I've had to take screen shots of my statement to fax over to them. I'm still waiting for the phone call after they "research" the problem. Also, they canceled my Nesties Label one set (backordered) and didn't even tell me and still charged me for them. They have great prices, but I'm not sure it's worth it to deal with all this. It was just fine the last time I ordered. This time around just stinks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

I just got my order today from them. I haven't had any issues, and I have never had them call like mentioned above. I will say that there website says "item should ship within 24 hours" and that does not quite appear to be the case because they won't actually charge the credit card until it does ship. On 12/31, I ordered a couple Nesties (including Labels 1), a couple CB EFs and a clear stamp set, I got the shipping notice yesterday, and I got the package today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 03:43 PM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

My order of Nesties came quickly, although their confirmation email was not instant like many mail order sites. They shipped FedEx ground, which requires a street address. My billing address for my credit card is a PO Box so I always enter that for the billing address and my street address for the shipping address and I've never had a problem (this site included).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I pay by cc all the time and I have never had this happen. I usually order at least 4 sets at a time. I actually just got the last order of 4 sets last week. I love ordering with them.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 03:55 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm that's weird. I bought a camera from them back in July and my order went through just fine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 04:03 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

How strange. I ordered some trimmer blades from them before Christmas and didn't experience this. Got the confirmation timely and order came quickly.
Andrea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2009, 05:08 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I called and the customer service guy said it was strange. He said they do have a lot of fraud so usually things over a certain amount they have the person call and verify - but in my case the order wasn't that large (3 sets of nesties). He did say that sometimes their online system eats "0's" out of the credit card information and then the card #'s don't match. He asked if there were any 0's and I said yes - he replaced the 0's and saved it and then it worked. So now I'm just waiting for my nesties.

I thought ordering from the website was weird - you had to bypass several "offers". I wish they'd just leave that stuff out of it. But maybe that's how they can afford to sell these for 20% off and no tax. I had decided I'd rather go with 7KidsCollegeFund but I live within the state so there was 8.1% tax and to get free shipping you had to spend more than I wanted. So the Ritz Camera was a better way to go. If they had been comparable I would have rather given my $ to the little guy.

Jane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by troopersmaView Post
I just ordered some nesties from Ritz camera. It said they would email me a confirmation and once I received that I needed to call them to confirm my order due to a credit card processing problem. Anyone else have this happen? There shouldn't have been any problem with the cc. Oh well, I just got the email confirmation...guess I'll go call and see what the deal is about.

Jane
VERY interesting!!! I ordered for the first time approx. 4 months ago and had the same thing happen. They were NOT nice on the phone and said it was a problem with the "secure credit card" I was using through PayPal. Anyways...after about 1 1/2 hours on the phone with them, I ended up cancelling the order and saying I would not order again from them. Well...I really wanted the items so I entered the 200.00 order again and paid directely through Paypal. No problem at all and it arrived quickly.

I have ordered three times since and have used the "secure card" feature through Paypal and again no problem.

Good luck as they have really good prices at times and I love the free shipping!
Reply With Quote Likes