Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:13 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How long do cling sheets last?

Hope someone can help me. Ive been stamping for yikes, 13 years now. I bought several sheets of EZ mount about 5 yrs ago. I took one out tonight to use, and the adhesive side is acting like it is melting. It is oozing out from under the waxed sheet and when I pulled off the paper, I got strings of glue. I mounted my stamp anyway, and used it, but the glue got all over my hands, scissors and stamp. I also noticed some background stamps that were on this same kind of cling sheet sliding off the cling in their storage binder. Im wondering if I need to be investing in some new sheets? Any else experience this? TIA, Brenda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 10:21 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I also went with unmounted several years ago -- ten I think. I have tried almost every product out there. Nothing lasts forever. The vinyl cling loses it's clinginess. Tack It Over and Over loses its tackiness.

I have resorted to using strips of double-stick Scotch tape on the acrylic blocks. Once in awhile I have to replace the tape, but not often enough to pay for replacing the vinyl cling or the EZ-mount.

I have not heard of or had EZ-mount glue going weird. Your experience seems to be unique.

As for the cushion -- lots of rubber stamps are thick enough that they do not need it. So I only add cushion to the really cheap thin ones.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2008, 01:47 AM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brenda,

Yes!!!! I had the same thing happen to me. I bought probably 30-40 sheets of the EZ Mount foam over a couple month period about 4 years ago and unmounted all my wood mounted stamps and put them on the EZ Mount. Almost all of it has done what you're describing - it's like the adhesive has turned to a liquid and is oozing out from between the stamp and the foam. Just pick one of the stamps up and you get the goo all over your fingers. The goo has dripped onto the various storage sheets and containers I have the stamps stored in. Also, a lot of the stamps have slid askew off their mounting foam. It's a real gooey mess! I threw away about 5 leftover unused sheets not too long ago that had liquified and have started removing the EZ Mount from some of the worst of the stamps, but its very messy and time consuming and the goo sticks to everything and is hard to get it all off the stamps, even with undo and/or goo gone.

I talked to someone at a convention a few months ago, and they told me there was a problem with the adhesive they used for a short time on the EZ Mount several years ago which has since been corrected, and you could return it and they would replace it. Their store had gotten a bunch during that time and had returned them and gotten replacements. Problem is, I've got hundreds of stamps mounted on it and it would take weeks or months to unmount them all again and remount them on new EZ Mount. It sounds like you and I both purchased from the "problem" batch.:( :( :( :(

I've gone to Ailleen's Tack it Over and Over on the bare rubber and I stamp with a foam mat under my paper and I find I get great images without the EZ Mount. I love it! I will gradually remove the EZ Mount from all my stamps.

Terry
Reply With Quote Likes