Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long can a single stamp/set entertain u?

I am a person who really dislikes clutter. But since getting into stamping I allow it on occassion :p I also find that a particular stamp/set I once loved and had to have, is no longger getting love from the ink pad. Part of the problem is when I got into stamping recently, I did not really know my style. I bought anything that looked cute, without giving much thought as to how many occassions I could use it for. I'm struggling with trying to figure if I should keep a stamp/set I havent used in a while, or if I should sell it since it's still a newer much wanted stamp. I'm kinda afraid to buy anything new since I sometimes feel it might not keep my attention long enough. And every purchase adds up cost wise plus space wise.. more clutter! I have not sold anything yet but am seriously considering it. I guess you can say I'm an ADD stamper. Anyone else here ever been in my boat? and how do you handle your situation? I've been stamping a little over 1 year now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2010, 08:53 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sometimes I take unloved sets and make cards for other people to use, if I can't think of a use for them myself. On the other hand, all my unloved (not really, I still actually like them - they are just somewhat un-used) sets are rather old, and not newer. So maybe if yours is newer and much-wanted, I would go ahead and sell it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 01:21 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

LOL! I would be a terrible one to ask! I still have the first stamps I bought years ago.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 02:31 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

I've gotten rid of tons of stamps. That was before I knew how to unmount them, and was trying to make more space. I now reget it. Stamps are investment in your craft arsenal. My advice to you would be hang onto them. Someday you'll go back to them and be glad to "rediscover" your humble beginnings.

I know what you mean about the clutter. I'm the same way. I cringe at all these stamp rooms where every tool is out in the open staring you in the face! I like mine in drawers and closets. The neater the better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 03:02 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

When I haven't used a stamp set in a while, I put it in a box (along with other sets and supplies I haven't been using) and set it aside for a month or so. If I don't go digging in the box for that set before the time is up, I know I won't miss it and I sell or trade it. Only twice have I gone back to pull out a stamp set, so it goes back on my shelf until the next round of purging. I have only regretted selling one set, and then only minimally. I still have way more stamps then I could ever use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 08:55 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I am not entertained very long. blame it on my ADD - I still keep them and use them less frequently but since I have it it has been commited to my mental catalogue and if I get rid of it I will want to use it and remember having it and go crazy trying to find it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

I have sold many sets that I thought I needed way back when I first got into stamping and then never used them at all. I would think long and hard over whether you really like the stamps and how versatile the set it. You will most likely lose some money, but getting new stuff is always very fun. If you really don't like it and don't think you will use it in the future then get rid of it....maybe someone else will like it!
Reply With Quote Likes