Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-11-2006, 09:17 PM   #41  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looky here 100 luscious cards for 16.99 for folded reply cards and 11.99 for non folded cards. Darn Enablers.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 03:13 AM   #42  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyesMom
I would buy from StarlitStudio but aren't hers in quantities of 12. When I get some I most have lots, otherwise the OCD starts kickin in.;)
Actually, StarLitStudio sells them in packs of 25 cards + 25 envelopes. I just ordered some from her last night, and I already got an email from her saying they'll ship today. Whee!!

Thanks, JulieHRR, for "making" me buy these. You SCS people are Dangerous! (But I LOVE it!!! )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 04:37 AM   #43  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna741
Actually, StarLitStudio sells them in packs of 25 cards + 25 envelopes. I just ordered some from her last night, and I already got an email from her saying they'll ship today. Whee!!

Thanks, JulieHRR, for "making" me buy these. You SCS people are Dangerous! (But I LOVE it!!! )
I got the price and the quantity mixed up. And yes this place is very dangerous....on our wallets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 04:43 AM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay, okay, I will break down and order these. Too many of you saying how wonderful they are !!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 07:50 AM   #45  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They're so "plush", Cindy. Everything I make with 'em just feels/looks so luxurious. I don't know any other way to describe it! I'm hopelessly addicted to 'em! I wanna make every card with it, and literally hafta slap my hand away from the box to go use other papers . . . :oops:

I would suggest ordering a set of 25 reply cards + envies from StarLit Studio, just to try 'em out. Every place else sells the cards and envies SEPARATELY, in 100 ct. boxes each, which is a lot to purchase before knowing whether or not you'll really like them, UKWIM?

The first box I got was 100 ct. in a store, and I only bought the cards themselves-- I didn't buy any envies cuz I was worried I wouldn't like them and then have 100 of both the cards and the envies and what to do, what to do at that point . . .

Of course, once I started playing with 'em, I was hooked. (chuckle!) So, I got another box of 100 reply cards AND a box of 100 envies from Cindy so I never run short.

She's also carrying the SQUARE ones now, too, I think!!! And, I'll be getting those for some other projects I have in mind . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2006, 10:06 AM   #46  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
They're so "plush", Cindy. Everything I make with 'em just feels/looks so luxurious. I don't know any other way to describe it! I'm hopelessly addicted to 'em! I wanna make every card with it, and literally hafta slap my hand away from the box to go use other papers . . . :oops:

I would suggest ordering a set of 25 reply cards + envies from StarLit Studio, just to try 'em out. Every place else sells the cards and envies SEPARATELY, in 100 ct. boxes each, which is a lot to purchase before knowing whether or not you'll really like them, UKWIM?

The first box I got was 100 ct. in a store, and I only bought the cards themselves-- I didn't buy any envies cuz I was worried I wouldn't like them and then have 100 of both the cards and the envies and what to do, what to do at that point . . .

Of course, once I started playing with 'em, I was hooked. (chuckle!) So, I got another box of 100 reply cards AND a box of 100 envies from Cindy so I never run short.

She's also carrying the SQUARE ones now, too, I think!!! And, I'll be getting those for some other projects I have in mind . . .
No, don't show me or I will end up getting the square ones too!!!:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2006, 03:27 PM   #47  
Polyshrink Goddess

Julie, you twisted my arm just enough to "force" (ok, "entice" is a better word) me to buy some Fabriano paper from StarLitStudios!!! I can't wait for it to arrive!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2006, 05:46 AM   #48  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by westy04
Julie, you twisted my arm just enough to "force" (ok, "entice" is a better word) me to buy some Fabriano paper from StarLitStudios!!! I can't wait for it to arrive!!!!!
Mine just arrived yesterday! DELICIOUS paper is all I can say!!!! Soooooooo soft and wonderful - I can't wait to create something!!

Did JulieHRR say that Cindy is now carrying SQUARE ones???? Oh goodness what a reason to go visit her Ebay store again!

<psssst come here, gotta whisper somethin'> The ribbon at StarlitStudio is also FANTASTIC!!! <oops, sorry, I screamed in your ear>

:mrgreen: Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2006, 01:57 PM   #49  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Force? Such a "brutal" word, my dear. I like "entice" much better . . . or "woo'd" or even "tempted" . . .

muwa ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2006, 03:00 PM   #50  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ok, Julie. I got my Fabriano's yesterday, but now I'm too scared to use them. How did you get over this hump???????

Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2006, 03:10 PM   #51  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Ok, Julie. I got my Fabriano's yesterday, but now I'm too scared to use them. How did you get over this hump???????

Amy
If there are any doubts about layout or color combination--test those on scrap first, just to make sure you're gonna get what you want. In the case of a layout, cut scrap stock to the same dimensions as the Fabriano card, to get a sense of how much space you are working within.

If you need precise positioning, don't just eyeball it; make sure to use a Stamp-a-ma-jig. This stuff is too good to waste by guessing, if you need precision, UKWIM?

I figure if I ruin one, I'll just stamp on the opposite side, and layer it to another color card, OR, trim out the image and mount it to a card, etc. I never throw any of it away, if there's some way to salvage it into another project. :grin:

Now, all that aside, it is only paper. The planet will not roll off its axis if you botch one, OK?!

Go stamp! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 12:22 PM   #52  
Mad Swapper

Default I caved....

When my hubby sees packages arriving, I'm blaming you guys, okay? I finally ordered some Fabriano from Starlite Studios last night. Decided I'm worth it! Okay, by looking in my stamp room, I think I'm worth LOTS... ;)

And hopefully, I get the mail before he does....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 12:25 PM   #53  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palapala
When my hubby sees packages arriving, I'm blaming you guys, okay? I finally ordered some Fabriano from Starlite Studios last night. Decided I'm worth it! Okay, by looking in my stamp room, I think I'm worth LOTS... ;)

And hopefully, I get the mail before he does....
Barbara - you will LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the paper. :-) Just tell hubby it was a 'must have' item that you couldn't possibly create without it.

:-) Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 12:47 PM   #54  
Mad Swapper

Red face

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annek
Barbara - you will LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the paper. :-) Just tell hubby it was a 'must have' item that you couldn't possibly create without it.

If you knew all the �must haves� I now have since Labor Day weekend, you�d understand why hubby is slightly frustrated!! He normally could care less about my stamp buying habits, but I think I pushed him over the edge. In July I got a Cricut, then another cartridge for it, then this past month I got in a SU order, a TAC order, a Tonic Cutter, an OTT Lite (don�t know how I lived without it!) 2 CHF orders, an Addicted to Stamping order plus all the must haves from Michael�s and Hobby Lobby. Now I have the Fabriano arriving soon AND another order from CHF�. Budget? What Budget?

Yes, I am very spoiled! And I admit he has justified reasons to be grumpy. Groceries? You mean we need to eat? Oh, I had a little glitter for breakfast�:twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2006, 05:47 AM   #55  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

If you knew all the �must haves� I now have since Labor Day weekend, you�d understand why hubby is slightly frustrated!! He normally could care less about my stamp buying habits, but I think I pushed him over the edge. In July I got a Cricut, then another cartridge for it, then this past month I got in a SU order, a TAC order, a Tonic Cutter, an OTT Lite (don�t know how I lived without it!) 2 CHF orders, an Addicted to Stamping order plus all the must haves from Michael�s and Hobby Lobby. Now I have the Fabriano arriving soon AND another order from CHF�. Budget? What Budget?

Yes, I am very spoiled! And I admit he has justified reasons to be grumpy. Groceries? You mean we need to eat? Oh, I had a little glitter for breakfast�:twisted:
I am hysterical here!!!!!! You sound like me with the stamping 'must haves'! I swear a box is delivered to my door about every other day. Thanks to JulieHRR I am addicted to A Muse stamps!!!!!! Speaking of addiction, yep - I too order from ATRS frequently. AC Moore, JoAnn's & Michael's are visited by me at least once a week. I am giving up my demoship to SU in December - so I've been placing orders for things from the new catty.

The only difference w/me is that I don't have a husband to say anything, just a bf that rolls his eyes at my craft room. LOL

P.S. - the OTT light is the best!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2006, 05:54 AM   #56  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annek
I am hysterical here!!!!!! You sound like me with the stamping 'must haves'! I swear a box is delivered to my door about every other day. Thanks to JulieHRR I am addicted to A Muse stamps!!!!!! Speaking of addiction, yep - I too order from ATRS frequently. AC Moore, JoAnn's & Michael's are visited by me at least once a week. I am giving up my demoship to SU in December - so I've been placing orders for things from the new catty.

The only difference w/me is that I don't have a husband to say anything, just a bf that rolls his eyes at my craft room. LOL

P.S. - the OTT light is the best!!!!!
You guys are all cracking me up here (and validating me, lol). I know what y'all mean, for sure. My dh used to be GENUINELY HAPPY when I spent lots of time on SCS - he said it was great because it kept me out of stores. Cheaper for him. But then I discovered through SCS how to order stuff online!!!! Linda
Psalm 113:3

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2006, 06:48 AM   #57  
Crimping Master

I took the plunge and ordered from StartLitStudio. I just hope I will make good use of them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2006, 07:11 AM   #58  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Straight on!!!!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2006, 07:12 AM   #59  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glittergal
You guys are all cracking me up here (and validating me, lol). I know what y'all mean, for sure. My dh used to be GENUINELY HAPPY when I spent lots of time on SCS - he said it was great because it kept me out of stores. Cheaper for him. But then I discovered through SCS how to order stuff online!!!! Linda
Little did he know . . .

Thanks for the giggles this a.m., Linda!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2006, 05:40 PM   #60  
Hardware Hotshot

Smile

Quote:

. . . Yes, I am very spoiled! And I admit he has justified reasons to be grumpy. Groceries? You mean we need to eat? Oh, I had a little glitter for breakfast�:twisted:
I'll have ya'll know, glitter goes really well on toast! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2006, 08:43 AM   #61  
Mad Swapper

Oh, I have a new lover in my life and its this paper!! I'm trying really hard not to hoard it, but I'm not wasting it on the "unworthy". You know, the ones that think you are being cheap by sending a homemade card. Yeah, right!!

I'm going to do one for my sister, she will truly appreciate the delicious feel of this paper and she'll keep it, forever and ever! Gotta love good sisters!

Off to cop another feel..... :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2006, 10:18 AM   #62  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Oh, I have a new lover in my life and its this paper!! I'm trying really hard not to hoard it, but I'm not wasting it on the "unworthy". You know, the ones that think you are being cheap by sending a homemade card. Yeah, right!!

I'm going to do one for my sister, she will truly appreciate the delicious feel of this paper and she'll keep it, forever and ever! Gotta love good sisters!

Oh, ya' KILL me!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2006, 10:24 AM   #63  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I knew stamping was naughty ;-) Ha ha!

Barbara - I am right there with you, I kept taking the paper out of the package to 'cop a feel' - it's just so soft!!!

Yes, only those who are "Fabriano worthy" - (like Sponge-worthy from Seinfeld) will get cards made with that luscious paper.

Whew - is it hot in here??? LOL

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2006, 07:49 AM   #64  
Glitter Guru

You guys are going to have me committed for this....

I had a dream about Fabriano paper last night....yup. I had a dream about pretty papers and Fluid Chalk Inks...

And I woke up and decided I needed to purchase a set of these babies to play with.

:rolleyes:
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2006, 08:15 AM   #65  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faereygirl
You guys are going to have me committed for this....

I had a dream about Fabriano paper last night....yup. I had a dream about pretty papers and Fluid Chalk Inks...

And I woke up and decided I needed to purchase a set of these babies to play with.

:rolleyes:
You will not regret it! Everytime I pass my stamp table, I'm touching my Fabriano! Its really unbelievable!! I just got a new prirate stamp from CHF and I think he's worthy of Fabriano. My dad will appreciate it enough for his birthday card.

Let us know what you think when you get it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2006, 03:53 PM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

I keep thinking about this paper. Those of you that ordered do you love it, as much as Julie does? Can not stop thinking about it.....(ah!!!!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2006, 04:13 PM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

Jeepers, I don't buy non-SU stuff (I'm a demo), but there are a FEW things I'm thinking of ordering from StarLitStudio! Julie, or anyone who has this special paper/cardstock - do you stamp solid image stamps on it? If so, do you use your Fluid Chalk Inks? I do have those - actually they were the VERY first stamping inks I bought - isn't that weird?! Someone on 2Peas was talking about them and I got ALL of them, in the Cats Eyes! I'm sure they still work just fine!

Also, I've never had any Primas! I can't demo them! But I got a RAK card with a couple and I'm happy to see that StarLitStudio has a *SMALL* package of Primas - less than $5. So I'm thinking about it....
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2006, 04:30 PM   #68  
Hardware Hotshot

I don't have an ebay account I can use and I want to try these out so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband has one but I don't know the password and he is currently deployed..... guess I have to wait alittle longer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #69  
Pearl-ExPert

Aimee;
If you live in or near a city, try calling up the local artists' supply store and see if they have any. I know I spotted some at our arts' store. Or else, a fine stationery store? Or, email Cindy through her eStore and ask her if she can offer a different form of payment?

.:Cris:.

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Reply With Quote Likes