Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #321  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With positive results using double-sided DP, I'm going to get adventurous and try that with my next batch of cards. Thanks ladies for the heads-up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #322  
Kookie Creator

Following this post with envy, don't think anyone has got one yet in the UK!

Ruth
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #323  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I envy each of you that have your punch. My LSS ordered mine at CHA from their supplier and it is on backorder until May. Can not wait to try it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #324  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,930 Likes on 2,195 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by prairiecrafterView Post
I envy each of you that have your punch. My LSS ordered mine at CHA from their supplier and it is on backorder until May. Can not wait to try it.
You too? I think mine is coming mid to late April....so I hang out here in the meantime! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2013, 05:31 AM   #325  
Matboard Maniac

I've been wracking my brain all morning trying to remember the name of this item, which I saw on a Scrap Time video. You guys are awesome!!! I was going to order it from Amazon, but now I know I can hold out till I have a JoAnn's coupon. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #326  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Just got home from work and it's here. I've downloaded the new template and I'm off to play. Yippee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #327  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
I've been following this thread even though I'm not convinced I need this!
I do, quite often, make envelopes with old DP. Since a lot of it is double-sided it's inevitable that I have a patterned side out. But even when it's single-sided paper I have it outside, white inside. I use a white label for the address, and I've never had trouble with them arriving, either with local or international mailings. And it has to be said that there are times I have quite a lot of standard white envelopes never arrive :(.
Me too! Always put the patterned side out. Then I use white mailing labels. Canda Post doesn't have issues with it. I mail all over the world!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #328  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
whistling and tapping foot as I ever so patiently continue to wait. LOLOLOL
HAHA - me too! Should be very soon, though. My supplier said he's been told (hopefully told by WRMK) that the punches we're getting should have all the correct measurements on them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #329  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I just got a email from Scrapbook Pal. It says they have the Envelope Punch in stock right now for $17.99 if anyone wants one.

We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #330  
Stampin' Fool

I finally used mine for the "adjusted A2" envelope and loved it!! My card was thicker, so I used the earlier suggested measurements of paper being 8 1/8 x 8 1/8 and score on 3 1/2 instead of whats on the chart. It was perfect for my fluffy card!!! Nothing to get crushed. Thank you ladies for coming up with that suggestion, it worked beautifully!!

It was so nice to have the corner rounder attached to finish it off so nicely.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #331  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
They must have sold out fast because it says it's sold out.
Yes, they did. When I got the email and posted about it 2 hours ago, I put one in the cart to see if it was in stock. It was at that time.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #332  
Rubber Obsessor

I pre-ordered mine Jan 17 and at the time it said would ship by end of Feb. I check web site every couple of days to see if shipped yet.The latest update says March-May. This site charged my card when ordered and does not give refund. Only store credit minus a percentage to restock . This is crazy as they do not have it to restock. Will NEVER order from that site again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #333  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cynthiavView Post
I pre-ordered mine Jan 17 and at the time it said would ship by end of Feb. I check web site every couple of days to see if shipped yet.The latest update says March-May. This site charged my card when ordered and does not give refund. Only store credit minus a percentage to restock . This is crazy as they do not have it to restock. Will NEVER order from that site again.
When you say "this site" do you mean Scrapbook Pal that I referred to in my post?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #334  
Rubber Obsessor

No I ordered from Stammpinscrappin.com . A site I saw in this thread. So disappointed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #335  
Glitter Guru

Received 373 Likes on 222 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cynthiavView Post
I would contact the credit card company and get the charges reversed. I have a problem with companies charging a card before the merchandise is shipped. I'm not a lawyer, but I think that's illegal. In any case, they didn't fulfill their end of the agreement (shipment by the end of Feb.), so they breached the contract. I think you should contact the credit card company, and see what they say. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #336  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I would contact the credit card company and get the charges reversed. I have a problem with companies charging a card before the merchandise is shipped. I'm not a lawyer, but I think that's illegal. In any case, they didn't fulfill their end of the agreement (shipment by the end of Feb.), so they breached the contract. I think you should contact the credit card company, and see what they say. Good luck.
I understand everyone's frustration about the pre-order situations on this product. Many online companies seem to be left in the lurch by the manufacturer and can't ship it on the date they thought they could.

I found out the hard way by ordering in the past, that you really do need to read about the policies and terms of service, returns, cancellations, etc. when you order from any company online, or shop at a retail store, for that matter.

Most of the online retailers are very specific about pre-orders, and tell you that they will charge your card at the time you place the order, not when they ship the product. Also, many of them do not issue refunds for pre-orders if you change your mind, or if the manufacturer has a delay. They will give you a store credit only. When you place your order, you agree to these terms.

I'm sorry for those of you who are caught up in this situation. It looks like WeR Memory Keepers had no idea there would be such a demand for this nifty little gadget. I'll bet they wish they had made thousands more to start with, too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #337  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
I understand everyone's frustration about the pre-order situations on this product. Many online companies seem to be left in the lurch by the manufacturer and can't ship it on the date they thought they could.

I found out the hard way by ordering in the past, that you really do need to read about the policies and terms of service, returns, cancellations, etc. when you order from any company online, or shop at a retail store, for that matter.

Most of the online retailers are very specific about pre-orders, and tell you that they will charge your card at the time you place the order, not when they ship the product. Also, many of them do not issue refunds for pre-orders if you change your mind, or if the manufacturer has a delay. They will give you a store credit only. When you place your order, you agree to these terms.

I'm sorry for those of you who are caught up in this situation. It looks like WeR Memory Keepers had no idea there would be such a demand for this nifty little gadget. I'll bet they wish they had made thousands more to start with, too.
If only they had come to us on SCS first! I think all companies should come here and see how well a product would be received. We could even provide some insight for them. Like I would have told them that a swing arm with an extension for the larger sheets would have been a good idea too. Not that I will make any of those sizes anyway, but it's just a thought!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #338  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm bumping this thread back to the first page. Someone just posted about the incorrect measurements, and I hope all this conversation is helpful.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #339  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

If only they had come to us on SCS first! I think all companies should come here and see how well a product would be received. We could even provide some insight for them. Like I would have told them that a swing arm with an extension for the larger sheets would have been a good idea too. Not that I will make any of those sizes anyway, but it's just a thought!
I'd love to be on a test team. Wouldn't that be great to have a say in product development :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #340  
Pearl-ExPert

Got an email from Oh My Crafts! They are selling the Evelope Punch Board-limited supply. Wonder if the measurement table is correct on the ones they are selling? How come they have some for sale and other companies pre-orders are not getting sent?

I pre-ordered from The Frantic Stamper and Fran has been a gem! She has been dealing with WRMK regarding a correct table/corrected table and has been given various answers/excuses but has kept her customers informed and up-to-date on her stores situation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #341  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
I'd love to be on a test team. Wouldn't that be great to have a say in product development :p
I think that would be so much fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2013, 11:45 PM   #342  
Die Cut Diva

I ordered mine last week from Marco's (mentioned above). The email that prompted my order said they should receive and subsequently ship to customers the middle of this week. It mentioned that these would be the corrected version, but now I'm wondering which correction - the first or the most recent, and, of course, is it really going to ship to me this week. Anyone else in the same boat?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #343  

Quote:

Originally Posted by binxView Post
I ordered mine last week from Marco's (mentioned above). The email that prompted my order said they should receive and subsequently ship to customers the middle of this week. It mentioned that these would be the corrected version, but now I'm wondering which correction - the first or the most recent, and, of course, is it really going to ship to me this week. Anyone else in the same boat?
I was just on the phone with Greg Smallwood about 15 minutes ago checking on my order. Someone (I think he said it was his WRMK rep) had surgery - not serious/answering emails from the hospital bed for heaven's sake...) and this moved the date for the boards to arrive at Marcos to the beginning of next week. I would not presume to even guess at what dimensions will be on the boards. I only know that the last time I spoke to Greg, he had been assured that these boards coming in would have the 'correct' dimensions but from what you're saying, 'correct dimensions' may be a relative term.

Greg is really terrific - just had to throw that in !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #344  
Proud Fan Club Member

Just out of curiousity, is there more than one correction? I printed off the pdf file that is supposed to have corrections made on it. Is there any other?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #345  

Quote:

Just out of curiousity, is there more than one correction? I printed off the pdf file that is supposed to have corrections made on it. Is there any other?
At this point because of ALL of the different info that's going around, I would suggest that the best chance to get the correct information would be to direct you question directly to WRMK.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #346  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInklandView Post
At this point because of ALL of the different info that's going around, I would suggest that the best chance to get the correct information would be to direct you question directly to WRMK.
I was just curious. I won't get mine until mid to late April so I am not worried about the corrections. And most likely will make mostly the A2 size envies.

April seems sooooo far away! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #347  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInklandView Post
I was just on the phone with Greg Smallwood about 15 minutes ago checking on my order. Someone (I think he said it was his WRMK rep) had surgery - not serious/answering emails from the hospital bed for heaven's sake...) and this moved the date for the boards to arrive at Marcos to the beginning of next week. I would not presume to even guess at what dimensions will be on the boards. I only know that the last time I spoke to Greg, he had been assured that these boards coming in would have the 'correct' dimensions but from what you're saying, 'correct dimensions' may be a relative term.

Greg is really terrific - just had to throw that in !!
Conversations with real players, surgery, the plot thickens, LOL. Thx for the info; wouldn't have known about the delay otherwise. Hope the surgery went well. Time will tell about the ship date and measurements, won't it? Guess we won't know till the fat lady sings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #348  
Pearl-ExPert

Got an email from Fran of the Frantic Stamper-my Board is on it's way to me!

Could someone direct me to the MOST correct (corrected) chart for the Board so I can compare the one on the board I receive and the much/most correct measurements.

I see where someone is giving Gregg-Marcos Paper-a pat on the back. I want to also say Fran-Frantic Stamper-is a gem! She has been keeping her customers up-to-date with info she has been getting from her rep. She was told by her rep that there was one one correction to be made. I emailed her and told her about the SCS thread where people who had received their WRMK Envelope Punch Board noticed multiple errors in the measurements. She went back and forth with her rep after she compared a corrected chart with the one on the Boards she had received and found 11 errors. I guess she has received a shipment of Boards with the corrected chart and is filling her pre-order list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #349  
Insane Embellisher

Did someone say that we, who have the incorrect version, will be able to call in and get the updated sticker? Did I read that somewhere?
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #350  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

This is the web page for downloading the correct measurements:
Tool Directions You would need to laminate or clear tape it to protect it on the board.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #351  
Insane Embellisher

Well I did print it off and it just isn't crisp and clear like a sticker is. Maybe it's my printer, but I don't see why they wouldn't send a replacement sticker. They should have tried it out better before production on the thing!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #352  
Proud Fan Club Member

I checked the tool directions site and these are the same changes I was told to begin with, so I think there has really only been one correction to the chart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #353  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 LifeView Post
I want to also say Fran-Frantic Stamper-is a gem!
Ditto. I've been buying from Fran for years and she's awesome !!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #354  
Pearl-ExPert

Got mine today. Very easy to use. Accuracy depends on the operator-if your original square of paper/card stock is a little off or the first measurement and score a little off then 'operator error'.

I have one question-I don't like that the section opposite the flap has that center portion that sticks up past the side sections. Do you just snip it off with scissors?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #355  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Got mine today. Very easy to use. Accuracy depends on the operator-if your original square of paper/card stock is a little off or the first measurement and score a little off then 'operator error'.

I have one question-I don't like that the section opposite the flap has that center portion that sticks up past the side sections. Do you just snip it off with scissors?
I don't like it either - it makes the card hard to slide into the envie. I've been snipping it off with my scissors after it's made.

That's a good idea, Gale, to use the paper trimmer. When I'm making a whole bunch, I think I'll do that.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #356  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks for saying this. I feel a little vindicated. Way back when this thread first started, there was a video demo where the gal said many of her envies came out different sizes. I said it looked to me like she was quite "casual" about lining the paper up to start with, and that's what caused her problems by the time she got all around with the scores.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #357  
Proud Fan Club Member

I need to check my paper cutter because I'm not sure it is accurate. Don't want to throw the measurements off to begin with. Hey, tomorrow is March already so it's getting close to mid to late April!!!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #358  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

I complained to We R Memory Keepers that their web site is far from informative for retail customers. (It still describes the board as "coming soon.") There's no information posted on which boards have bad measurements, nor any directions to the download page of corrected measurements. Their reply to me said the following:

"We had a large shipment go out to our retailers this week. We will have an additional shipment going out in May."

It looks like if your retailer doesn't get them this week or early next, it will mean waiting until May.

To the person who didn't get a good printout: make sure your printer is not set to draft mode, and try out some other kinds of paper. Otherwise, hopefully, they will send you a legible printout.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #359  
Kookie Creator

I have looked at the updated sticker and I still think one measurement is incorrect so, I wrote them an email tonight and we will see what their response will be:

"Envelope Punch - I have been reading about the discrepancy in the chart with the new update posted.

However, I have an issue with the updated version: 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 (A2) listed on the .pdf file is incorrect. The correct size for an A2 card is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.

Is this another misprint? What should the correct paper size and score line be for a true A2 card size of 4-1/4 x 5-1/2?"

Cathy

http://catricks-creations.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2013, 04:19 AM   #360  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatrickView Post
I have looked at the updated sticker and I still think one measurement is incorrect so, I wrote them an email tonight and we will see what their response will be:

"Envelope Punch - I have been reading about the discrepancy in the chart with the new update posted.

However, I have an issue with the updated version: 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 (A2) listed on the .pdf file is incorrect. The correct size for an A2 card is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.

Is this another misprint? What should the correct paper size and score line be for a true A2 card size of 4-1/4 x 5-1/2?"

Cathy
Yikes! If the A2 measurements are off, that does mean trouble for those of us who make A2s primarily.
Reply With Quote Likes