Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #121  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Very cool! I have never heard of embossing paper before. Can you also color on it with markers, copics, or watercolors?? Or are you limited to coloring on the computer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prudence-LolaView Post
You can if you get the right paper http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk...=embossing%201

I heat embossed this printable image with clear embossing powder having coloured the original black & white image in Paintshop Pro
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2009, 06:48 AM   #122  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I haven't tried it but I don't see why not. I suppose you could print and emboss the black outline and then colour it in with markers. The paper has a slight glossy finish so I don't think watercolouring would be an option.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2009, 07:53 AM   #123  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtStamperView Post
I've used JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and other types too and print them onto patterned paper for paper piecing images.

Cassie has a great little tutorial for doing this on her blog - and she does it right inside Word using a JPEG! ;)
What a great tutorial! I bookmarked it. Haven't done any paper piecing yet with my digis, but now I surely will!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #124  
Rubber Obsessor

Default @ BeccaKay

Off topic but I really liek your drawings!:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeccakayView Post
I guess I should state I'm only in control of what I price my own designs at not the whole site.

Thank you for all of the replies

I've only been on the site for a couple of weeks posting clip art sets etc.... and it's all new to me. I am a painter (acrylics and mixed media) and making digital items is definitely an adventure. (pricing them anyway, making them is a blast!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #125  
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks for all the great info gals i finally had a chance to sit down and read thru the whole thread. took some notes and later when i have time i will hunt thru and start building my collection. thanks gals.
http://www.jrsbookreviews.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #126  
Stazon Splitcoast

so many techniques I didnt even know you could do
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2009, 03:45 PM   #127  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfunView Post
so many techniques I didnt even know you could do
You know, I think we've just scratched the surface of digi-stamping. As more and more creative illustrators and designers start going digital and exploring the possibilities, there will be no end in sight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #128  
Stazon Splitcoast

so exciting!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #129  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftsView Post
You know, I think we've just scratched the surface of digi-stamping. As more and more creative illustrators and designers start going digital and exploring the possibilities, there will be no end in sight.
Yeah I think you're right about that. The successful ones will be the ones that will keep the characteristics of stamps/stamping and cardmaking but go beyond what stamps can do. The main one is size limitation of rubber or I guess storage and shipping of large rubber stamps. Not to mention inking and getting a good impression on a large stamp. Also topical stamps would be available almost immediately but who knows if that would actually be an issue. Lots to think about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 05:08 AM   #130  
Crimping Master

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I designed rubber for compaines but it costs alot for a stamp to be made and if they don't all sell that eats up their profit. Since I have so many drawings I started a shop a couple of weeks ago to sell them. It's going good too! The stuff I make is meant to be colored in rather than sentiments or flourishes that you would want to ink up and place over other elements. I keep buying rubber stamps so don't get me wrong I love um! but it is a nice (and cheap like $1) alternative if you just want an image.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 06:08 AM   #131  
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdiosaView Post
I love both! Rubber and digital. The only thing that I can't do with my digi's is heat emboss. I don't do that often anyway so it's no big deal. I LOVE the flexibility of being able to print digi's any size. I like pulling them up in Photoshop and working with them there too. I would never give up rubber, but I have definately started incorporating digital into my work.
You can heat emboss a digital image if your printer ink is still wet. But I've used a versamark pen to emboss and works great. The only problem is that even if you use the thin marker end, the embossed lines come out thick. I just tried it last night with a digital image.

Thanks again ladies for all of the tip and tuts...I am having so much fun with digital stamps. BTW, how do you flip/mirror an image? Do I have to use Photoshop to do this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 06:19 AM   #132  
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsaymayView Post
I designed rubber for compaines but it costs alot for a stamp to be made and if they don't all sell that eats up their profit. Since I have so many drawings I started a shop a couple of weeks ago to sell them. It's going good too! The stuff I make is meant to be colored in rather than sentiments or flourishes that you would want to ink up and place over other elements. I keep buying rubber stamps so don't get me wrong I love um! but it is a nice (and cheap like $1) alternative if you just want an image.

Lindsay - wow, you have been very busy! Love the new images. BTW, want to let you know that your link under your siggy is pointing to an empty page on the Shop Handmade site. I had to do a search for digital stamps in order for your images to come up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 07:39 AM   #133  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by najahleiView Post
Off topic but I really liek your drawings!:p
oh thank you so much for saying so : )

very slowly i'm trying to add to the collection. lol I have a couple of clip art sets I'm trying to finish by tomorrow and a larger acrylic painting to get out... then maybe i'll have time to draw up some more stamp images.

On top of that I'm working on making my own rubber line : ) I should be receiving my first set I bought sometime early next month!

Last edited by Beccakay; 04-23-2009 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: cause I cant spell : P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 07:51 AM   #134  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by a1r601View Post
...BTW, how do you flip/mirror an image? Do I have to use Photoshop to do this?
If you don't have a graphics program, you can do that with Word. Insert the PNG or JPG image in a new Word doc by going to Insert > Picture > From File...

Select the image by clicking on it. Look for a Draw dropdown on one of the menu bars. When you click on the Draw button/dropdown, you have the option to Rotate or Flip. To mirror it, you'd choose Flip Horizontal from that submenu.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #135  
Mad Swapper

Wink

Quote:

If you don't have a graphics program, you can do that with Word. Insert the PNG or JPG image in a new Word doc by going to Insert > Picture > From File...

Select the image by clicking on it. Look for a Draw dropdown on one of the menu bars. When you click on the Draw button/dropdown, you have the option to Rotate or Flip. To mirror it, you'd choose Flip Horizontal from that submenu.

Judi: Thank you so much for the tip...I consider myself proficient with Word and Powerpoint which what I have been using to print off and resize digi images using the Draw Menu. I never had to use the flip option. I just tried it and it worked like a charm! You are the best!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #136  
Embossing Fanatic

I just was in another topic regarding digi stamps, but I wanted to comment on this one for a different reason.
You all were talking about file formats and when doing research for The Character Cafe I discovered that saving in jpeg decreases the integrity of your image every time you do something to it and re-save it... (not sure one would ever notice, but when image quality is important I figure why risk it?). This is why we only offer .tif files (and .pdf for extra ease of use for the computer challenged or if you're in a hurry!). It is my thought that if someone needed a transparent background for a project, they would probably be familiar with how to do this to a tif file (magic select the white, invert selection and delete - if it doesn't disappear, you must promote background layer to raster). Having said that, as digi stampers (at times), would you rather see .png files as well... is .tif just not well know and seem daunting?
Thanks for your input yet again.. just trying to be helpful and maybe learn something at the same time! Wanna be the best we can be
Happy Crafting
Kendra
Our Blog - charactercafe.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #137  
Glitter Queen

tiff is a good format
good quality but large file for digital download

I prefer TRANSPARENT PNG, I guess Paint Shop Pro program has an issue with Png format but usually all programs handle it pretty good. Small and great quality file.
also you should never scale the original JPEG or PNG anyway.

ofcourse if you rescale over and over again even Tiff file lose its quality
always make a copy of original and then scale the duplicate one once at needed size.

cheers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2009, 07:15 PM   #138  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Judi: Thank you so much for the tip...I consider myself proficient with Word and Powerpoint which what I have been using to print off and resize digi images using the Draw Menu. I never had to use the flip option. I just tried it and it worked like a charm! You are the best!;)
Alma, the mirror image is a great tool to do the suspension card since you need an image on both sides. I found this tutorial HERE to make my card HERE. The image I used was a regular stamp though, but it was brought to my attention that mirrored images for digis would be perfect for this technique!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2009, 05:55 AM   #139  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonjinkoView Post
Alma, the mirror image is a great tool to do the suspension card since you need an image on both sides. I found this tutorial HERE to make my card HERE. The image I used was a regular stamp though, but it was brought to my attention that mirrored images for digis would be perfect for this technique!
Thanks Joni for the tip...cool card! I have never made a suspension card before. I'll have to step out of my comfort zone and make one of these.

I have tried the mirror image technique and will be creating a card soon using this method. I am pretty proficient in Word and Powerpoint but never have had to use this tool before. Learn something new, everyday!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #140  
Cardstock Collector

Red face

I am the owner and designer behind AiFactory , and i love the concept that digital stamps can scale to any size , and then colored as usual using your choice of medium. i very good example is how Laurie created this card!
Visit the process here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #141  
Rubber Obsessor

I love the versatility of digi-stamps and all kind of digi-things! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #142  
Die Cut Diva

I so so so love digi's! You all have some amazing creations. You should check out what Digiments is doing this month...they release tomorrow...and 1/2 of the sales go to a great cause. Check it out here DIGIMENTS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2009, 07:58 PM   #143  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonjinkoView Post
I color with copics and prismas. I believe the laser printer will be just fine with printing. I also read that if you have an inkjet that tends to smear, heat set it with an embossing gun and it works perfectly. HTH!
Thank-You! I have been looking for the answer to my question by reading tons of posts on digi stamps! My inkjet it nice, because it scans, prints and faxes. It takes my cardstock too. I tried coloring a digi image with my Prisma pencils and blending with baby oil, and the ink bled. I remembered someone mentioning ways to prevent bleeding--other than buying a different printer--which I am avoiding. So now I will try heat-setting with my heat gun-or embossing gun and see what happens! I also heard you could spray the image with hair spray or some kind of a matte sealer spray could work too. I wondered which method might be best?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #144  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hairspray will yellow your art work, so if you're going to spray go with the art kind.

Inkspots101 my crafting blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 04:11 AM   #145  
Rubber Obsessor

I agree with Jamie, hairspray can yellow your work. I use fixative spray and I never had that problem, it works perfectly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 04:14 AM   #146  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Elizabeth! Your new images are so adorable!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 04:25 AM   #147  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you Jonjinko!!! how are you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 07:55 AM   #148  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, Gillian -- I've also got one of those all-in-one printers. I've had no luck with heat setting the normal black ink. It still smears. However, the "photo" ink cartridge works great for Prismacolor pencils blended with either OMS or baby oil. As long as the ink is thoroughly dry, there's no smearing at all. So, if you have the option to switch the black ink to a photo cartridge, try that instead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill with a GView Post
... My inkjet it nice, because it scans, prints and faxes. It takes my cardstock too. I tried coloring a digi image with my Prisma pencils and blending with baby oil, and the ink bled. I remembered someone mentioning ways to prevent bleeding--other than buying a different printer--which I am avoiding. So now I will try heat-setting with my heat gun-or embossing gun and see what happens!...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 10:17 AM   #149  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VERSAMARK PEN

I just purchased this pen to try embossing digi stamp printout, and was wondering about it. Still, should be able to use with digi printouts and my HP printer ink smears when just printing off, so want to try embossing digi outline, so I can use copic markers

Quote:

You can heat emboss a digital image if your printer ink is still wet. But I've used a versamark pen to emboss and works great. The only problem is that even if you use the thin marker end, the embossed lines come out thick. I just tried it last night with a digital image.

Thanks again ladies for all of the tip and tuts...I am having so much fun with digital stamps. BTW, how do you flip/mirror an image? Do I have to use Photoshop to do this?

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #150  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new release Nov 14

I am not familiar with this site, but see they have a new relelase on
Sat Nov 14.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyscrapinView Post
I so so so love digi's! You all have some amazing creations. You should check out what Digiments is doing this month...they release tomorrow...and 1/2 of the sales go to a great cause. Check it out here DIGIMENTS!

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #151  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Hi, Gillian -- I've also got one of those all-in-one printers. I've had no luck with heat setting the normal black ink. It still smears. However, the "photo" ink cartridge works great for Prismacolor pencils blended with either OMS or baby oil. As long as the ink is thoroughly dry, there's no smearing at all. So, if you have the option to switch the black ink to a photo cartridge, try that instead.
Great suggestion, I'll try it. I've got a super busy week, have to travel, so I will look into the photo ink cartridge. I'll let you know how it turns out next week.
Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #152  
Stampin' Fool

I have been reading through this thread and it is just stuffed full of great information. I have been checking out some of the digi stamps on the links you are providing and let me tell you there are some pretty fabulous creations.

We had a pretty hard time over at Totally Stampalicious with the whole digi thing so we just decided to give them away with the stamp sets. This way you get the advantages of both.

I hope that more companies will follow suit. I buy so many stamps from different companies and I think having the digis emailed to me would be a great instant gratification while I waited for my stamps to arrive.
Totally Stampalicious!
Reply With Quote Likes