Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Digital Scrapping

Hey, ladies! I am posting this here because I don't often venture into the scrapbooking forums. I always find such helpful advice and opinions here, so...

I am interested in trying digital scrapbooking. I asked a friend (Creative Memories consultant) to demo the CM Storybook Plus software for me this week. Do any of you ladies use CM's Storybook? What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear your opinions before I shell out any money.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I do quite a bit of digital scrapbooking but I don't use this program. You'll find that the majority of digi scrappers use PSE (Photoshop elements). You may want to try getting more info from a site geared specifically to digital scrapbooking. Any google search for it will bring up hundreds of sites.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SU! is coming out with digi scrapping software. Does anyone know specifics about it? I need a program as well but Photoshop scares me - I don't think I would ever be able to figure it out. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 04:18 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Photoshop for my digi scrapbooking. It can be intimidating at first to use, but my degree is in design so I'm used to it. Although I have not used it, I have heard Photoshop Elements is easier to use than full-blown Photoshop. I don't really know anything about the CTMH or SU programs yet, sorry I can't be of more help.

Last edited by cardsbynikki; 03-15-2009 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: The never-ending spelling errors. Ugh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 06:48 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

I have a Costco coupon for Elements but I would like to try storybook. I just can't decide.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I've been digi scrapping for almost 6 years, I use Photoshop CS2, I started with Photoshop Elements and it's great for digi scrapping. I've never used the CM software, so no help there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

The CM software is much like the storybooks you can do online (shutterfly), with a bit more freedom as far as layouts. Also, you can use digitial embellishments from CM. It's not a bad program to start with, but you may find it limiting as far as design kits, plus, you can only get prints from CM with this software.

There are some simaler "starter" digi scrap programs on the market ranging from $20 - $100, with these, you can print your own pages or send them wherever you want.

Photoshop can be really intimidating, one of my LSS recently overhauled thier store and now offers hybrid scrapping. They also offer classes in the various programs.

HTH

Clean your home without chemicals!
Find out how...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #8  
Glitter Guru

I use two: Photoshop and Memory Mixer. If you're not computer savvy, I would recommend Memory Mixer. I've tried other digital scrapbooking software, including the free ones you download from the internet, but I find Memory Mixer the best. You can use any digital element you buy or download from the internet, and it's really user friendly. I got my Memory Mixer from QVC.

Check out some of the pages I have created with Memory Mixer here:
http://craftski.multiply.com/tag/memory%20mixer

Hope that helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

Default I'm all digital and I love it!

I learned digital scrapbooking all on my own by using tutorials on youtube and a free trial of Photoshop Elements. I also googled "free digital scrapbooking" and was able to find an arsenal of free stuff for the taking to learn how to do it. There is a whole world of digital scrapbooking businesses out there and it's quite a bit cheaper than paper scrapping. There are many sites that sell coordinated kits with elements and papers handmade by designers on other forums. I still keep track of my favorite SU stuff to help keep me grounded so I don't forget the "old way".

My reasons for going digital:

1. My stamp room was getting out of control...I needed to clean it to do any scrapbooking so I just wasn't scrapbooking as much.
2. I don't have a lot of time to spend in my stamp room...on the computer I can hop on, do a page, publish it to my blog, save it for later and not have the mess to clean up.
3. I'm a techie by nature...and I loved learning a new tool.
4. My family all lives on the other side of the country...and never gets to see my pages. Now I blog them and everyone can see them.
5. You can be just as creative, if not more so with unlimited tools at your disposal to turn just about anything (with the help of a scanner) into a scrapbook page element.

Check out my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I was thinking of trying my hand at this too. I am currently buying a new computer and I can get the PS Elements as an add on for an extra $79. I figure even if I don't get into digital scrapbooking, I can still tinker and alter my photos with it, so I will still get use out of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

I have been going through photos in those boxes you get at Michaels and putting them in a cropper hopper organizer. What a chore! I guess what I will do after I am organized is pick out my favorites, scan them then digi them.

Do you think there is a difference is scanners? I have a 3 in 1 HP unit, print/copy/scan and I think it works pretty good. DH won't want to purchase more but just curious if that will be good enough.

I am getting PSE today at Costco and then the learning begins. ugh lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

I love digital but still do traditional as well. I'd go with Photoshop Elements. I'm using Photoshop CS4. There are so many free tutorials on Photoshop that I think it's the best way to spend your money. I've used CM but found it limiting. I hardly used it. Download the free trial and see what you think. They are always running specials on it.
Good luck with your decision.
Reply With Quote Likes