Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2009, 02:35 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? Chomper corner Big Bite

Anyone have this? I have been looking for square coasters every where and can't find any so does anyone make their own with chipboard? Any ideas would be helpful. Wanting to start on some christmas gifts. Thanks so much
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I don't have the Chomper. I bought the Zutter (Bind-It-All) pink 1/2" rounder from H.L. w/ a coupon. Since then, I saw the Chomper at H.L. and wish I had it instead since it cuts both 1/4" and 1/2".
I've never bought chipboard but love to pick up the coasters at Chili's. ;) I save cereal boxes and such. They're basically the same thing only with no added cost. Of course, this info. came from our SCS frugal stampers. I lightly sand the printing on the box so that my glue will stick well. I glue on colored or patterned paper then sand the edges in a downward angle only. I have the Bind-It-All and make little books, etc. If I'd rather stamp and/or do a sponged bkground, I glue on white or colored plain card stock. I can't tell any difference and no one will know. I also sometimes stamp and color my image/s on the plain CS after the glue dries and then cut them out. Adding Diamond Glaze or glitter finishes them nicely. I love saving $ and I have much more time than $ these days. ;) HTH!!
May God bless, Sandi

Last edited by SouthernStorm; 09-19-2009 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: addin' stuff
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 02:09 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

I have the Corner Chomper - great tool! (I think the term "big bite" only applies to the Crop-a-Dile though, the Corner Chomper is just called that). As Sandi says, it does both 1/4" and 1/2" rounding and it goes through chipboard, credit-card style plastic, acrylic sheet, leather etc - no problem. Just remember to empty out the little hopper that catches the snippets from your pieces fairly regularly so it doesn't clog up. It costs about the same as one of the Zutter tools but you get two sizes on the one punch so it's much more cost effective. I've also heard people say that the Zutter ones don't perform well on thin materials (a single sheet of paper or lightweight cardstock, for example) whereas I've found the Chomper handles that cleanly as well.

Cereal packets are useful and another good source of thick board for free or very cheaply here in the UK is a picture framing shop. They often have bags of offcuts from the mounts they've cut that they're more than happy to get rid of.

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 04:43 AM   #4  
Glitter Queen

Love my corner chomper. My punch corner rounder always got clogged up with paper and I would spend time picking the paper out. What a pain! Love this one it is so easy to use with any type of paper or material. I do not reget this purchase at all. I bought mine at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2009, 10:07 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Cereal packets are useful and another good source of thick board for free or very cheaply here in the UK is a picture framing shop. They often have bags of offcuts from the mounts they've cut that they're more than happy to get rid of.[/QUOTE]

"offcuts from framing shops"

What a brilliant idea
Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 07:05 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I have just seen 3 new corner chompers, are they out here in the uk first?

As have not seen anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 07:48 PM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Love my chomper! I use it daily and it stands up to the abuse I put it through!!! =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 04:37 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by clpangelsView Post
Anyone have this? I have been looking for square coasters every where and can't find any so does anyone make their own with chipboard? Any ideas would be helpful. Wanting to start on some christmas gifts. Thanks so much
AllThatScraps.com has the square chipboard coasters in lightweight and heavyweight chipboard with rounded corners. I have them and love them. I even emboss them with my CB.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheabellaView Post
Cereal packets are useful and another good source of thick board for free or very cheaply here in the UK is a picture framing shop. They often have bags of offcuts from the mounts they've cut that they're more than happy to get rid of.
"offcuts from framing shops"

What a brilliant idea
Thanks[/QUOTE]

I asked at my local Michael's and they gave me a frosty look and said that they didn't give away matting. Aw, shoot. You KNOW that there have to be some unusable (to them) pieces left! Guess I'll have to try another place.

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes