Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #41  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

Hurray!!! I am so glad you got your money back!I emailed Sizzix with the complaints we all seem to have. This is exactly what I wrote:

"Just want you to know that there have been numerous complaints against an online company who sells Sizzix products. The company is ohmycrafts.com. I have not ordered a Sizzix product from them for some time now because of extremely slow ship. But, a few months ago, I placed an order with them that I never got, they never answered emails or phone calls. There is a thread on splitcoaststampers.com you might be interested in..." I sent them the link to this thread!

I'm a great believer in peaceful protest and sometimes ya gotta let the greater sources do the rest of the fighting. All we can do is to warn one another...and fight like hell to get our money back. This is why paypal is so great.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #42  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish me luck -- I am sending OMC a request for a total cancellation of all outstanding items and asking for a refund -- including shipping costs. On one order I only received 2 of 5 items, and the shipping charge was $7.95. That's ridiculous. I want to try OMC first -- largely because I have no idea how to file a dispute with PayPal and I think I waited too long for most of the items anyway. There are some which do fall inside the time allotment, I'm sure. I figure I'll give them 3 days to deliver a refund before I bite the bullet and head to PayPal. I can't believe a company which purports itself to be family-based would treat its customers so badly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #43  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to philsmom

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie's LuckView Post
Wish me luck -- I am sending OMC a request for a total cancellation of all outstanding items and asking for a refund -- including shipping costs. On one order I only received 2 of 5 items, and the shipping charge was $7.95. That's ridiculous. I want to try OMC first -- largely because I have no idea how to file a dispute with PayPal and I think I waited too long for most of the items anyway. There are some which do fall inside the time allotment, I'm sure. I figure I'll give them 3 days to deliver a refund before I bite the bullet and head to PayPal. I can't believe a company which purports itself to be family-based would treat its customers so badly.
It is very easy to open a Paypal dispute, so if you have to, the instructions are clear.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie's LuckView Post
There are some easy instructions here . You have 45 days from time of purchase. If you emailed them directly and request a refund, that's where to start. Then you follow the instructions for opening a dispute. If any of your requested refund falls within 45 days, I strongly suggest that you open a dispute. I would not ever do that with a company that I have a good relationship with or has an otherwise good reputation, but that's not the case here. The Paypal dispute pretty much acts like a third party that's keeping an eye on things to keep everyone in the equation honest. I do not believe my refund would have been prompt or complete had I not pulled Paypal into it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #45  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpygirl73View Post
There are some easy instructions here . You have 45 days from time of purchase. If you emailed them directly and request a refund, that's where to start. Then you follow the instructions for opening a dispute. If any of your requested refund falls within 45 days, I strongly suggest that you open a dispute. I would not ever do that with a company that I have a good relationship with or has an otherwise good reputation, but that's not the case here. The Paypal dispute pretty much acts like a third party that's keeping an eye on things to keep everyone in the equation honest. I do not believe my refund would have been prompt or complete had I not pulled Paypal into it.
Thank you for the help -- I really appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #46  
Glitter Queen

Is there any recourse if the purchase was made more than 45 days ago?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm fed up with this company. I ordered an eClispe on 5/15. I have not gotten it yet. I foolishly was giving them time to come through. Nothing. In the past 3 weeks I have sent at least 7 emails asking for a refund, tried to call all the numbers I could find for them (with no luck), and I've heard NOTHING!!!! My payment was mostly Paypal with a little on my card. I'm past the 45 days with Paypal. I think I'll call my card company. I'm not sure if they can help me with the whole thing or only the part that was actually on the card. :(
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

I am so sorry you guys are having these problems that I also had. If your purchase was through paypal and over 45 days, I would still appeal to them. Lead them to this thread. I emailed Sizzix abt this problem as someone on this thread suggested. Did not get a resolution thru them. But I think we should call Sizzix. Perhaps that would get a rise out of them. What about the better business bureau? They still in existence. OMC may even be bogus or illegal. How do we know?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I had occasion to contact the Better Business Bureau for a different vendor for a different type of item, and what I discovered is that they have ZERO power to do anything but give them a negative rating. They will contact the vendor regarding the complaint up to three times, but if the vendor chooses not to respond (which happened in my case), there's not really anything they can do. The negative rating shows up for three years, I believe, but they don't get involved in getting your money back or anything else. Still - if enough people contact the BBB with complaints, the negative rating would be really low, and might be off-putting enough that others stay away...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #50  

The BBB will only as a mediator but carries very little weight. We are doing more with this thread by alerting people of our experiences.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

Wow! Sorry to hear that about the BBB. But, guys, there has to be some agency that can do something. When I get home a chance, I'm going to investigate. There's Yelp.com to give negative publicity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #52  
Glitter Queen

I got a very long winded email from OMC recently apologising for the delay in processing my order. They offered a discount code that would give me 25%
off any order placed before the end of August. This, they said, was to show their appreciation for waiting. Wasn't that nice of them.
Heellooo! I would send good money after bad? I DON'T THINK SO!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #53  
Glitter Queen

In August, after several e-mails that were only answered by a form notice that my e-mail was "accidently" put in their junk mail folder and to please re-submit, I finally got a response from OMC. I was able to cancel all of my outstanding orders and get refunds, plus a partial refund for one order in which only two items were sent. The person I communicated with (via e-mail) subtracted the actual shipping cost for the items I recieved from the shipping cost I paid and sent me the difference. I had to ask for this refund specifically, and send her copies of the cancellation e-mails I recieved to get everything refunded.

Patience finally won out. I won't be purchasing from them again, and tried to unsubscribe from their flurry of e-mails, but still get them. I just delete them without a thought.

It's a shame to see a company treat its customers like this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 05:54 AM   #54  

It's Buyer Beware! Glad we let people know of our experiences. The almighty dollar may be OMC's only motivation, but I'd rather pay a little more to a vendor who values its customers.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #55  

Quote:

Originally Posted by holtzfanView Post
It's possible that OMC doesn't even have what they advertise. Could be that they just accumulate retail orders until they have enough of them to qualify for a minimum wholesale purchase from major manufacturers like Sizzix. It's a known game among marginal businesses.
I didn't know that! Hmmm maybe that is how they operate.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #56  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

It's possible that OMC doesn't even have what they advertise. Could be that they just accumulate retail orders until they have enough of them to qualify for a minimum wholesale purchase from major manufacturers like Sizzix. It's a known game among marginal businesses.
So I can feel hopeful that I may yet receive my order which was placed way back in early July? I'm not holding my breath, but living in hope. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm so sorry to hear that OMC has gone downhill. They were really great to deal with when I first got into this lovely yet addicting hobby, around 3-4 years ago. They even called me personally at one point to check what my intentions were when they suspected I submitted a duplicate order in error. I hope they can bring things back up to the great service I experienced back then before too much damage is caused. The same thing is ongoing on another thread on PTI's poor customer service and practices. It went dormant for awhile and people thought they were improving. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #58  
Matboard Maniac

I have ordered from them many times, never a problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #59  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I believe that is exactly what they do. I think it and the fact that they do not tell you is the root of all their problems. Just be honest about your business practices. There is nothing wrong with "pre-ordering" unless you hide that from your customers and promise a delivery date that you could never, ever follow through with.

Update: I apologize I haven't written all the letters I intend to yet. Emigrating, moving, settling in, and job hunting are taking up more time than I thought. :oops:

Last edited by Grumpygirl73; 10-19-2013 at 10:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2013, 02:47 AM   #60  
Cardstock Collector

Default Cutterpillar Pro V3 -- waiting since April

Years ago I ordered an electric Big Shot from Oh My Crafts and had no problem. But this: ARGGH! I foolishly ordered the Cutterpillar Pro V3 from OMC on April 4th. First, it was going to ship in June, then August. Here it is November. I have contacted them several times as the date keeps getting pushed back. One reply said the shipment was arriving in Long Beach, CA on September 14th, and orders would be shipped out soon after. Mid-October they said that the supplier is the one shipping them out, so they have no control.
Today I will cancel the order and tell them to remove me from all marketing lists. I would rather pay full pice and deal with a more reliable, responsive company. (Have you noticed that it's not possible to contact their Customer "Service" by phone?)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2013, 05:25 AM   #61  

Quote:

Originally Posted by eileenthiessenView Post
Years ago I ordered an electric Big Shot from Oh My Crafts and had no problem. But this: ARGGH! I foolishly ordered the Cutterpillar Pro V3 from OMC on April 4th. First, it was going to ship in June, then August. Here it is November. I have contacted them several times as the date keeps getting pushed back. One reply said the shipment was arriving in Long Beach, CA on September 14th, and orders would be shipped out soon after. Mid-October they said that the supplier is the one shipping them out, so they have no control.
Today I will cancel the order and tell them to remove me from all marketing lists. I would rather pay full pice and deal with a more reliable, responsive company. (Have you noticed that it's not possible to contact their Customer "Service" by phone?)
I hope you get your money back. Caveat emptor. Buyer Beware!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #62  
Glitter Queen

I ordered the Sizzix Eclips on 9/16. Order was in processing status for a long time so I emailed them about 4 weeks after I ordered. I was told that Sizzix is the one that fulfills the order. They offered to cancel it. I said I'd wait. Another 4 weeks and still nothing. I emailed them how disappointed I was and asked for a full refund. I got my refund pretty quickly (paid via PayPal). I have ordered from them a lot in the past and had great experiences - they even messed up and sent me two of one color instead of the color I ordered and they promptly sent out the correct color and said to keep the mistake. Their prices have always been great and their shipping times have always been long (I always choose free shipping) but they usually sent things out according to that time frame. This was just a but disturbing since I spent almost $300 and there was no communication regarding the item being backordered or in high demand. It wasn't even listed on the item when I purchased it. It would have been nice of them to at least send periodic emails letting me (and other customers) about the delay. They basically blamed Sizzix, which I felt was in professional. Either way, I got all my money back and still have no Eclips lol. I've unsubscribed from their 500 emails a day and really do not have any more desire to purchase from them again. I don't think they are shady or anything, I was just not too happy how they held money for 2 months and delivered no product. Maybe I'll try again someday. For now, overstock.com had a decent price in the Eclips, last time I checked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #63  
Glitter Queen

Two months! I've been waiting six months for my order & have been told that unless I give them my credit card details in an email they are unable to refund me (I live in Australia & did not use PayPal). I'd rather kiss my money goodbye than put my details out there. Shonky as! in my opinion!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #64  
Embossing Fanatic

OMC has gone out of business. ck another thread here. plenty of angry people did not get their merchandise.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2014, 09:50 AM   #65  
Rubber Obsessor

While I feel terrible for the fleeced customers, I also think this was the natural, ultimate outcome of such a poor business model.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #66  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OMC is going out of business. They haven't close their doors yet.

I'm just surprised that they closed way before now. They have bad customer service.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2014, 04:22 PM   #67  
Glitter Queen

Hip, hip, hooray! I hope this is painful for them ......... I was fleeced out of over $60 & it has taken over a year to (still) have no resolution. Begone, begone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2014, 09:51 PM   #68  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post
OMC is going out of business. They haven't close their doors yet.

I'm just surprised that they closed way before now. They have bad customer service.

They closed up on 1/11/2014 & left their customers holding the bag with no way to obtain refunds from OMC for all the long outstanding orders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #69  
Die Cut Diva

Nice, I never did get my money back for the items that were backordered that I still haven't received!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2014, 05:13 PM   #70  

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesh4rkView Post
Nice, I never did get my money back for the items that were backordered that I still haven't received!
If enough people complain maybe the Attorney General in the state they were located in can do something?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #71  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesh4rkView Post
The information in this post might be of help to you. It would not hurt to contact either PayPal or your credit card company if you paid that way and explain the circumstances.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes