Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Technique Scrapbook

Hello, ladies. Wednesday I made my first post (reply to the Mad Stamper). Then Thursday I responded to a challenge for the kissing technique by posting two pages from a technique club that I just finished for my niece's group (I am a Stampin' UP! demonstrator.) I received so many comments and requests that today I posted the remainder of the pages. There is an example page and a tutorial page for each one. You can see them all together in my gallery if you are interested:

jdkarl's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

A number of people commented that they wished someone would give them one of these as a gift, or that they didn't have time to do one. One lady asked if could sell her one. (I'd love to, but it is too much work to do just one, and I would charge A LOT!) What I suggested is that she host a technique swap, which she has already posted.

That's how I got started. When I first became a demonstrator, I participated in an ABC technique book swap. The host made up silly names for the techniques, like A is for Amazing Plaidmaker and X is for X-treme Embossing. So we ended up with 26 techniques and a title page. I always took the technique book to workshops and everyone loved it.

When my niece's group wanted to do a club for 6 months they requested a technique book of their own. I must admit, it was a lot of work, as I designed the pages and wrote out the tutorials myself. And we did two sets of pages each month. I really put the effort in because it was for family and friends.

Sorry this is such a long post. But if you don't have time to just sit down and do this, talk to your demonstrators about doing a monthly club. It was a lot of fun, and my group was thrilled with the results. They are now off busily putting them into practice.

And thanks to all of you for your wonderful comments and compliments. I LOVE SCS!!! :lol:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 06:06 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

There is one of these Technique Scrapbooks being made in a swap. Here's the link:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

We'd love for a bunch more people to sign up to complete the alphabet with us. I even signed up for 2 letters. The second one will be a Mother's Day gift for my stamping mother!

Dawn
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes