Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #41
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspersweeti View Post
Hi ladies! Today i saw on another site that people were complaining about the doily. I had just rec'd. mine yesterday & hadn't tried it yet. I have a party scheduled for Jan. 31st & wanted to use it. I shimmed, you name it, i couldn't get it to cut out anything but the edges. I don't mind pushing pieces out of a die cut as long as it cuts through. I was very disappointed, it's so pretty. So i called SU, of course, their customer service is always helpful. I'm going to do an exchange for different product, &, they seemed o.k. with that. I think there have been a lot of problems.

Good luck everybody, hugs, cheryl
I had the same problem with TWO doily dies. I bought the first one, complained about it not working, and SU sent me another one. I just got the new one today and it's doing the same thing!

I even moved my cuttlebug to my kitchen counter thinking that maybe my crafting table wasn't a solid enough surface. It didn't work.

I have contacted my demo & told her I don't want yet another die, but that I would rather exchange it for a stampset.

My Pinterest Page

My little corner of the internet: Robin's Ramblings
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #42
Rubber Obsessor

I am having the same problem as everyone else. I finally resorted to using wax paper and a lot of the pieces popped right out but the small little rectangles and none of the center pieces will come. Ran a lint brush over both sides nothing happened. Many of the small pieces aren't cut all the way through the paper.

I have a CB and will take it to my friend's later this week and try it in her Big Shot. I've never returned anything to Stampin Up before but there's a first time for everything.
Kathy
Old 02-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #43
Cardstock Collector

I found that if you use 2 pc. of paper to shim and use your old plates it works great hope this will help
Old 02-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #44
Compulsive Stamper

I have had better luck using two pieces of paper as shims. Still have to pick out the pieces left on the die, but at least it cuts now.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #45
Inking Addict

I'm having this same problem with the Nestabilities fleur de lis dies. CS gets stuck in the die intricacies. Trying to get it out tears the CS. Dumb question: where do you place the wax paper in the sandwich?

Live in the present.
Do the things that need to be done.
Do all the good you can each day.
The future will unfold.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #46
Glitter Queen

The wax paper goes between the die and cardstock so it can help the cardstock slide out of the die.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #47
Glitter Queen

Send a message via Yahoo to AbbyCSR

If the wax paper trick doesn't work, Patysue, contact Spellbinders and tell them what's going on. I did that as mine was really bad and they replaced it no questions asked. They didn't even want the old one back!
And your question wasn't "dumb"...
Old 03-06-2012, 04:18 AM   #48
Cardstock Collector

I also purchased the doilie and have not used it yet...My downline swears by it and she suggested that once you run it through the first time, then turn it and run it through the next time...and apparently it is perfect! I cant vouch for this since i have nnot tried it, but she seemed happy enough and that seems fairly painless! Good luck enjoying your beautiful doilies!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:37 AM   #49
Compulsive Stamper

Good idea - I'm going to try it. I do think that it is a beautiful die, despite all the problems I have. The ones that do turn out are lovely!

Terry
Old 03-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #50
Compulsive Stamper

The intricate Nestabilities dies also get stuck, and trying to push the final product out of the die results in the rips. The wax paper works perfect - just place it between the cutting edge and the paper.

Terry
Old 03-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #51
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via AIM to jamiehurley

Just so you know that anything that has intricut detail is not going to give up it's peices easily...same with the Northern Frost die...
I haven't read through all the posts here so sorry if this has been mentioned already, but after you cut it out, try gently rolling it around a pencil/pen to pop them out?
Old 03-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #52
Cardstock Collector

Hey, I got mine and had the same results however my demostrator, had shared misting card stock before die cutting. Tried and it works great for dollie die cut and it is beatiful still have to do some punching out but what a great card when finished, Craftie me.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #53
Compulsive Stamper

Good idea! Think I'll try it.

Terry
Old 03-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #54
Cardstock Collector

After reading this I am disappointed that SU didn't say they are reworking it to make it user friendly, come on SU, don't you work with the dies before you send them out, you should know this before it ever leaves your warehouse
Old 06-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #55
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftie me View Post
Hey, I got mine and had the same results however my demostrator, had shared misting card stock before die cutting. Tried and it works great for dollie die cut and it is beatiful still have to do some punching out but what a great card when finished, Craftie me.
misting with water????

I don't mind poking out pieces that get stuck, but this is my second one and it just won't cut well. seriously preturbed
Old 06-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #56
Die Cut Diva

I got this die a few months ago, but I read this thread after I ordered it. I've used it in my Big Kick with no problems at all and nothing additional required. I used a sheet of waxed paper to help with the removal of the small pieces, and it helped a lot. I only had a few pieces to pick out.

If you're having trouble getting the die to cut, here is what I suggest. Try placing the die toward the edge of your cutting mats. Make sure that, if your mats are warped, you are sending them through the machine with the "hill" side up. Also, instead of using sheets of paper for shims, try adding some masking tape to the areas of the die that are giving you trouble. Put the tape on the side of the die that doesn't do the cutting (flat, smooth side).

I hope these suggestions help. It really is a lovely die, and I'm so glad I bought it.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #57
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
I got this die a few months ago, but I read this thread after I ordered it. I've used it in my Big Kick with no problems at all and nothing additional required. I used a sheet of waxed paper to help with the removal of the small pieces, and it helped a lot. I only had a few pieces to pick out.

If you're having trouble getting the die to cut, here is what I suggest. Try placing the die toward the edge of your cutting mats. Make sure that, if your mats are warped, you are sending them through the machine with the "hill" side up. Also, instead of using sheets of paper for shims, try adding some masking tape to the areas of the die that are giving you trouble. Put the tape on the side of the die that doesn't do the cutting (flat, smooth side).

I hope these suggestions help. It really is a lovely die, and I'm so glad I bought it.
Those suggestions make sense and I think they will work! Thank you so much. There's only one side of the die that doesn't cut well, I just need to figure out exactly where that is on the die kwim?
Hugs!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #58
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
Those suggestions make sense and I think they will work! Thank you so much. There's only one side of the die that doesn't cut well, I just need to figure out exactly where that is on the die kwim?
Hugs!!!
Glad to help. I hope you get your die to work. I really like mine. Good luck!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #59
Rubber Obsessor

I have used the Spellbinders Floral Ovals with the same frustrating results. It's a more intricate edge that I had to continually poke the small pieces out with a pin. I had to make 30 of them for my project and after slowly getting 4 of them done I was ready to give up. Then I took a piece of wax paper and put it on the die then my paper on top of the wax paper. I ran it through and almost all of the pieces popped right out. The rest came out with just a light tap. After using the wax paper several times, the die gets a light coat of wax and you don't have to use it every time. I would assume it would work the same on SU dies. Good luck!
Old 07-08-2012, 04:28 AM   #60
Compulsive Stamper

Thank you! I used this trick on my Nestabilities dies, as the intricate ones would give me problems as well. Going to try it on the Stampin Up on shortly.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:41 AM   #61
Glitter Queen

I'm glad I found this thread. I have had no success with mine. Like some other folks, mine doesn't even cut - not even all the way around the die with some paper. So I guess I'm going to contact my SU lady and return it. I was so excited to get it though. It's nice to know I'm not alone!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #62
Cardstock Collector

Default SU paper doily

When I read all the posts I tried mine again, it won't cut all over leaving sections uncut, passed it through several times turning over, round etc,as I bought this to use in class I am disappointed may have to return it, can anyone tell me is the Delicate Doily Sizzlits any better? Anne [UK]