Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-11-2005, 01:15 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rubber stamp on acrylic block

I've heard that there is a way you can use the SU rubber stamp on an acrylic block instead of using the wooden blocks. Does anyone know what is used to hold the rubber to the acrylic block. Any information would be helpful.
Thank you.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2005, 01:42 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

The way that I am familiar with is to use EZMount. It is sticky on one side and has something on the other side that clings to acrylic. You permanently attach it to your (unmounted) stamp. It is then able to "cling" to an acrylic block. When you want to use your stamp you place it on the acrylic block. When you are done using the stamp you clean it and remove it from the block. This saves a lot of storage space (b/c you are not storing many wooden blocks, just a few acrylic blocks and much "thinner" stamps). I like this system (I have non-SU stamps that use EZMount), but have not unmounted any SU stamps. I would be concerned that the resale value would be affected. However, if you don't plan to sell your SU stamps, it is certainly a space-saver.

HTH, Kris
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2005, 01:50 PM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Ez-mount?

Ez-mount has a Clingy side that sticks to the acrylic blocks or any smooth surface. ( like the bottom of a glass, Ink pad lid,)

You can also store your stamps in a Old style CD case, Takes up less space.

I also PM'd you Vesta.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2005, 02:06 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

If you need ez mount a lot of people use www.sundayint.com and also The Angel Company sells it. Hope that helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2005, 02:11 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

What do you do with all of the wood blocks from your original SU! set?

Julia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

You can also stick UM rubber directly on the acrylic block by using double sided sticky tape. I just leave the sticky tape on the block for the next UM. When the stickiness is gone, I just put a different piece on.

I have just invested in the Halos system. Instead of vinyl cling (EZMOUNT) it uses velcro. I saw it demo'd at my local stamping convention last weekend. So, I will be moving my stamps to that when time permits.

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2005, 06:49 PM   #7  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaperRapt
You can also stick UM rubber directly on the acrylic block by using double sided sticky tape. I just leave the sticky tape on the block for the next UM. When the stickiness is gone, I just put a different piece on.

I have just invested in the Halos system. Instead of vinyl cling (EZMOUNT) it uses velcro. I saw it demo'd at my local stamping convention last weekend. So, I will be moving my stamps to that when time permits.

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
What is the Halos System? Do you have to purchase it from a local store or from a specific vendor? Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2005, 06:53 PM   #8  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bekasmom
What do you do with all of the wood blocks from your original SU! set?

Julia
I'm not sure what to do with the wooden blocks. But I'm positive I will come up with something good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2005, 04:58 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Sell the blocks on ebay!! I sold the unused, unlabeled blocks from the Nice & Easy Notes set, plus maybe 3-5 other small ones, for $8.

I buy unmounted stamps almost exclusively (except for SU, which I don't have a lot of because of their angel policy) - in general they are 1/2 the price of mounted stamps, and take up a lot less room. I use and store mine with the acrylic blocks in several different ways -

--uncushioned with double stick tape - stored in CD cases
--EZmount foam - stored in CD cases or the black EZmount storage boards
--vinyl cling - CD cases
--repositionable foam - this comes from several sources but the best I have found for multiple use is what I sell through Biblical Impressions - it is very durable and transfers well from heavy-duty page protectors in a binder to my blocks and back. My link is below if you're curious about unmounted stamps or mounting supplies...no tax and shipping is free!
Vincent Van Gogh

Last edited by dini; 05-12-2005 at 05:27 AM.. Reason: forgot something!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2005, 04:20 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Location: I try to live in LaLa Land, but people keep interrupting me!
Smile

The Angel Company / TAC sells "Creative Cling" page 255 in the 05-06 catalog.
An 8" x 10" sheet is $5.00. Take a peek at my website for more info.

Kim

Quote:

Originally Posted by vesta
I've heard that there is a way you can use the SU rubber stamp on an acrylic block instead of using the wooden blocks. Does anyone know what is used to hold the rubber to the acrylic block. Any information would be helpful.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2005, 06:43 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Default mounting stamps on acrylic blocks

I've just started remounting my stamps to save space... It may sound a bit complicated but it's easy and cheap and I can store my stamps in CD holders..

First I bought upholstery weight clear vinyl at JOAnns fabrics.. It's real cheap. About 4.00 for enought to do a zillion stamps. And then for unmounted stamps I bought Fun Foam with sticky back.

Put the unmounted stamps onto the sticky side of the fun foam. (the mounted stamps already have the necessary padding so you don't have to do this with them. Then trim the stamps.
Next I work with indexing them. If they have an index sheet (page with pictures) I use that if not I ink the stamp and make a page.I make one copy of this index and then I arrange the stamp image so that it will fit inside a CD case (4 3/4" usually). Put a copy of this index on the bottom of the CD (so I'll know when there is a missing stamp).

The other index sheet that I made I run throught my xyron machine (or you could use spray adhesive) and then I stick the sheet onto a sheet of clear vinyl (from fabric store).

So I have the foam then the rubber then the index sheet and then the vinyl... when I want to stamp I just take the stamp out of it's CD holder and put it on a vinyl covered piece of acrylic and I'm all set...

The stamp are stored in the cd case on top of its image.... easy to see. easy to store and easy to use...

catskilltreasure
Reply With Quote Likes