Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-31-2006, 07:14 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question RSVP Pens....How do I do that?

I know that this is probably a simple technique. But how exactly do I do the RSVP pens? They look so cute and would make great gifts! I can see that you use regular printer paper, but how do you get the beads and glitter and stuff to stick? Do you do everything on the copy paper and then slide it into the pen? Or is some of the embellishment on the outside too? Any information or direction would be great!
Thanks!
Jamie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2006, 08:00 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

I use the sticky tape on the outside to hold the mico beads ( I don't use glitter ) but I have found that when I put the paper in the canal of the pen and then mico bead it, the image does'nt show as nice. I stamp on a permanent lable ( so it wont peel off later ) to fit the outside of the pen, (easier) then I apply the sticky tape and then the mico bead. they really hold up, and they or lots of fun
HTH, Valerie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2006, 06:26 PM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

Default Sticky tape

Hi,

My sister this past fall showed me how to make them, and I made a few for the craft shows.

Go to www.michaels.com and in the search at the top type "terrifically tacky tape" It's amazing stuff and is really really really sticky! I have the 1" size, better for wrapping around the pen. Don't peel the liner off till you're ready with the beads, this stuff will stick to anything and doesn't come off easy. If you have a heat gun or hair dryer, warm the beads and the tape a little. It makes the beads stick better. You have to be careful of what kind of beads you use. Cover the pen with the beads pressing them in. I even individually put them on if there were gaps that weren't covered. I recommend seed beads. Michael's carry pastles blends and solid colors. I once bought metallic beads. The paint stuck to the tape and the beads came off. Not good. I used Westrim brand seed beads. Unfortunatelly, it's hard to return something after finding out it doesn't stick. So choose carefully. Any questions, PM me.

Jenny
Reply With Quote Likes