In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree24Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 07:40 AM   #281
Gabfest Goddess
 
paisley_frogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,989
Default

wow-love the serendipity of finding this thread...such great ideas...thanks for sharing, all!
__________________
~trish~

{there are no mistakes in rubber stamping; only embellishment opportunities}
paisley_frogs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:43 AM   #282
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Bahb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensuzanne View Post
I don't want to be the joykill here, but I made the blender pen refill and so far I'm not that happy with it!! I don't think I read one post that says people have had a problem with this....but I tested this one against the Dove one and the dove one blends much better. Maybe I did something wrong? This mixture seems to float more on the paper before "soaking in" and blending.......Perhaps if I add more glycerin? Any suggestions??
I even used proper measuing spoons!
For me, the recipe was too sticky and didn't blend well. The Blender pen refill fluid is not expensive and lasts a VERY long time. It's worth the purchase for blending the pencil marks when coloring in images.

I suspect more glycerin would only make the solution more sticky, by the way.
Bahb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:00 AM   #283
Compulsive Stamper
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 43
Default

You know...I just had a thought run through my mind (happens on occassion)
WONDER if you added 100% acetone to the blender recipe if it would work with reinkers to do the COPY CAT COPICS???? (See video on You Tube)
Anyone here ever try that?
Linda
PS Thanks for the recipes gals!!!
stampit3d is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:27 AM   #284
Compulsive Stamper
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 43
Default Another idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampit3d View Post
You know...I just had a thought run through my mind (happens on occassion)
WONDER if you added 100% acetone to the blender recipe if it would work with reinkers to do the COPY CAT COPICS???? (See video on You Tube)
Anyone here ever try that?
Linda
PS Thanks for the recipes gals!!!
Also wondering if you could use the blender pen with ink in the lid of your stamp pads (you know, when you squeeze your stamp pad to get ink into the lid)
I don`t have reinkers cause i have a gal that reinks mine for 75 cents each....of course you`d have to be sure you cleaned the lid so that none of the blender pen recipe would end up on your stamp pads.
WOULD THIS WORK???? ANYONE EVER TRY THIS???
stampit3d is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:38 AM   #285
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
justwritedesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: native Texan living in N. GA
Posts: 45,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampit3d View Post
Also wondering if you could use the blender pen with ink in the lid of your stamp pads (you know, when you squeeze your stamp pad to get ink into the lid)
I don`t have reinkers cause i have a gal that reinks mine for 75 cents each....of course you`d have to be sure you cleaned the lid so that none of the blender pen recipe would end up on your stamp pads.
WOULD THIS WORK???? ANYONE EVER TRY THIS???
Yes, you can use a blender pen w/ the ink. You can also use it w/ markers by scribbling the marker on a CD or other non porous surface and picking it up w/ the blender pen.
__________________
Julie Warner- justwritedesigns
My Gallery
The Write Stuff
-my blog
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni & Featured Stamper Hostess
I design for:
DRS Designs
Our Daily Bread designs
Serendipity Stamps
justwritedesigns is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:58 AM   #286
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6
Default Subscribing

Subscribing Thank you everyone!!
jockokid is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #287
Cardstock Collector
 
wdwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 13
Default

What is the difference between Rose Water and the Glyserine?
wdwannabe is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #288
Gabfest Goddess
 
stamphappy1650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 7,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwannabe View Post
What is the difference between Rose Water and the Glyserine?
The glycerine conditions the rubber and keeps it soft; the rosewater is for scent.
__________________
My Gallery
stamphappy1650 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:36 AM   #289
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 116
Default

This is the recipe for stamp cleaner I use. I made it for my stamp club as a favor and they loved it. I think I got the recipe on this site somewhere. It works great. FYI, the rose water really is just for scent; I'm sure it would work well without it.

2 cups distilled water
2 TBS glycerine
2 TBS rose water
1 TBS baby wash
__________________
Affectionately known as Nona!
bmunson is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #290
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13
Default

you guys rock! i'm definitely subscribing, thanks so much!!
scrapnurseVic is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:25 AM   #291
Matboard Maniac
 
babe514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: in the land of confusion
Posts: 201
Thumbs up

I knew there was a solution!!! Thank goodness I found this before coming up with my own concoction!! Thank you SCS!!

subscribed...never know what I may miss out if i don't.
__________________
Laura
My Hero, My Soldier, My Husband
babe514 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #292
Matboard Maniac
 
babe514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: in the land of confusion
Posts: 201
Question

Using my lunch hour, I headed to AC Moore on a mission to make my own solution. I saw online that they carried the liquid glycerine...so high tailed it over there. Did not find that and remembered this post. I stood there a while looking at this and reading on the bottle "restores consistency of icing colors" and thinking...hmmmm. My question is...has anyone actually used this and how did it turn out? It has a calorie count on it...so I'm not feeling it. Confused as always...let me know.

TFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenerousLife View Post
Just a quick FYI, you can also find glycerin at Hobby Lobby on the cake decorating aisle. Probably any craft store that carries the Wilton supplies.
__________________
Laura
My Hero, My Soldier, My Husband
babe514 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #293
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe514 View Post
Using my lunch hour, I headed to AC Moore on a mission to make my own solution. I saw online that they carried the liquid glycerine...so high tailed it over there. Did not find that and remembered this post. I stood there a while looking at this and reading on the bottle "restores consistency of icing colors" and thinking...hmmmm. My question is...has anyone actually used this and how did it turn out? It has a calorie count on it...so I'm not feeling it. Confused as always...let me know.

TFL.
In the recipe in post #292, I used the glycerine from the Wilton Cake Decoratin aisle at Michaels, so that glycerine you saw at AC Moore would have been OK.
__________________
Affectionately known as Nona!
bmunson is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:34 AM   #294
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1
Default

I was unable to get just rose water. But I found a rose water and Glycerin mixture. Do you think it would matter if I used that for the stamp cleaner instead of just rose water?
sundowngirl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #295
Rubber Obsessor
 
Iriseyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SE corner of Ontario
Posts: 199
Default

Rosewater can be found in any Mediterranian market.
Iriseyes is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #296
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 73
Default Thanks bmunson!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmunson View Post
This is the recipe for stamp cleaner I use. I made it for my stamp club as a favor and they loved it. I think I got the recipe on this site somewhere. It works great. FYI, the rose water really is just for scent; I'm sure it would work well without it.

2 cups distilled water
2 TBS glycerine
2 TBS rose water
1 TBS baby wash
I just wanted to say that i teid this and it works great and so cheap!! It will last for a while. I think all supplies cost me under 10 dollars. I use a small spray bottle for eveyday use than an 8oz bottle to refill.

FYI - for those looking for the ingredients: for a small spray bottle i visited the travel section at walmart. I also was able to get a small bottle of baby wash there. (don't have the need for a larger bottle ) I couldn't find glycerine there, but I did find at the grocery store pharmacy. The pharmacist had a laugh when he asked what i using it for - even commented that you learn somthing new everyday.

Thanks bmunson!!!!
__________________
My Blog: Escapades in Travel & Crafts
Follow me on twitter:
http://twitter.com/proux
Mom's Doll Shop: www.dollsofmydreams.com
mdtotn2010 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #297
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21
Default

Thank you peoples!
natwalsh is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:57 AM   #298
Matboard Maniac
 
babe514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: in the land of confusion
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmunson View Post
In the recipe in post #292, I used the glycerine from the Wilton Cake Decoratin aisle at Michaels, so that glycerine you saw at AC Moore would have been OK.
Thanks Nona. (I love that) Let's see...I posted that 9 Apr and all the supplies are still sitting in my stamping room. I just had to get it taken care of. I'm a dork, what can I say. I still have the same bottle, but found the other glycerine at Wal-mart. Again, it was on my mind and I had to scratch that itch. I have enough to last me a very long time now. I just need to get stampin!!!!
__________________
Laura
My Hero, My Soldier, My Husband
babe514 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #299
Rubber Obsessor
 
shelbymomof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 159
Default

subscribing!
__________________
Shelby
shelbymomof2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #300
Matboard Maniac
 
veggiegirlRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 252
Default

so i finally made the simple green cleaner -30 parts water (i used 2 oz which equals 60 ml) to 2 ml (use an old disposable medication syringe for baby tylenol etc) put it in a bingo dauber type bottle meant for kids painting with water colors. I made name tags for my sons school bags etc using guitar picks (got a pack on clearance, punched small hole with cropadile), stamped his name on some with small tiny magnetic rubber stamp alphabet using stazon. Interestingly, I smeared one of the picks, and the cleaner wouldn't take it off of there BUT it cleaned off my stamps really well (there is a little shadow that wasn't there on the letters that hadn't been used before but I expect that), most of them were completely clean.
I wouldn't use this on my clear stamps though. I think i will use the rosewater, distilled water and baby wash only recipe for those. so excited, this was super cheap and worked!
__________________
Kelly "Pray,hope, & don't worry"~Padre Pio
veggiegirlRD is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:27 AM   #301
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 72
Default

I love the idea of making my own stamp cleaner... but I'm still not sure if the recipes here are OK for clear stamps? I know they have to be treated a little differently than the rubber ones. Anyone know for sure what's the best recipe for clear stamps? Thanks!
trimont is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:16 PM   #302
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14
Default

Ladies, the other thing I've tried instead of SG is using Baby (and is has to the the baby stuff; miracle worker all around ((Ie. hand me downs for my daughter with what looked like grape juice on them; old me would've tossed them new me said Baby Oxi clean and the stain came COMPLETELY out in ONE wash)). So using a bit of this instead of simple green is my my little secret! I don't find the need to use anything else to "condition" the stamps as the Baby Oxy has ingredients in it that keep the clothes looking NEW so I figure it works well enough with the stamps. I've heard now that some places throughout Canada sell the granulated Baby Oxi Clean, I myself have NOT tried this(have heard positive things from others that have though but again make sure it's the baby stuff); I am referring to the bottled concentrated version. Tinted blue bottle, Darker Blue label with bubbles in the background says "Oxi Clean" in white with black border with purple around all of it writing" then "baby" @ the bottom of this in little blocks that comes in a spray bottle similar to that of windex or the sorts OxiClean Baby here's a direct link so you can see what I'm referring to.Another thing I LOVE LOVE LOVE about Baby Oxy Clean is it's fragrance, dye AND chlorine FREE! Happy stamp cleaning! Oh for you red wine indulgers, if you're anything like me and a bit spill happy prone works like a charm, spray it on, leave it to soak in cold water, put in the wash and presto that white blouse, sweater etc = new. only been a few occasions where i've had to spray and wash more than once! HTH!

Baby Oxi Lover in Edmonton
__________________
Brianna Lafreniere
www.brimarie.stampinup.net
BriLaf83 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #303
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 18,728
Default

Still having trouble finding rosewater. I found rose "linen water" at the Dollar Tree, but I am not so sure this is what you are all talking about. Any ideas?
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $128.75
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Sandi1457 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:35 AM   #304
Stazon Splitcoast
 
BarbieP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Arnold, Missouri
Posts: 11,883
Default Muscrat's request for rosewate

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
Still having trouble finding rosewater. I found rose "linen water" at the Dollar Tree, but I am not so sure this is what you are all talking about. Any ideas?
Don't know if you are near any health food stores, but that is where I found my rosewater. If they don't carry it, they can probably order some. I wish I could remember the store's name where I bought mine, but it wasn't a big chain. It was a privately owned store and they were very helpful. Hope this helps, and good luck.
__________________
"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8
BarbieP is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:42 AM   #305
Gabfest Goddess
 
stamphappy1650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 7,559
Default

Ditto on health food store - it was the only place that carried rose water in my area.
__________________
My Gallery
stamphappy1650 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:51 AM   #306
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 18,728
Default

I'm running to the mall in a few minutes and they have a health food store there. I will see what they might have. Thanks.
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $128.75
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #307
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Greg T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Irwin, PA
Posts: 722
Default

Just made the dist H2O, glycerin, baby wash cleaner. Haven't tried it yet, but from the other posts I take it that it works. The funny thing was when I went to buy the glycerin I had to ask the pharmacist where it was. She said all they had was this one. It was a box of 4 suppositories. I had to laugh and explain what I wanted it for. I only used 2 of them, so I only put 1 Tbsp of glycerin. Hope it works okay.
__________________
The early bird gets the worm. But the second mouse gets the cheese.
http://latestwhims.blogspot.com/
Greg T is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #308
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 18,728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg T View Post
Just made the dist H2O, glycerin, baby wash cleaner. Haven't tried it yet, but from the other posts I take it that it works. The funny thing was when I went to buy the glycerin I had to ask the pharmacist where it was. She said all they had was this one. It was a box of 4 suppositories. I had to laugh and explain what I wanted it for. I only used 2 of them, so I only put 1 Tbsp of glycerin. Hope it works okay.
I found glycerin in Walmart in the band-aid section. I bought some at Target but I had to ask the pharmacist. The think I am still having trouble finding is rose water (some of the recipes call for that.) I looked in local health food stores and they don't carry it but said it is used as a face cleanser. Still looking.
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $128.75
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #309
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sambro, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,098
Default

After reading all the posts and getting confused, especially with conflicting comments (use glycerin/don't use glycerin, etc.), I opted to keep it simple. I tried just plain tap water diluted with Johnson's baby wash. I'm on a well so there is no chlorine in my water but it is hard water with various minerals in it, including a lot of iron. I figure if baby wash is gentle enough for baby's body it should be safe on rubber and acrylic stamps. It's been almost a year and I notice no difference in the quality of my stamps. I've used it on cheap stamps and even on my more expensive stamps such as CTMH branded stamps. The stamps are as good as they day they were first purchased. I hope this helps.
lharnish is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #310
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: WV
Posts: 120
Default

This cool. I was just thinking today I needed to figure out how to make cleaner and then this thread pops uo. SCS has everything!
katroush is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #311
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2
Default Happy dance!

Thanks for all the great ideas! I was placing a SU order, and I just could NOT bring myself to purchase the refill stamp cleaner... it is just too expensive! Can't wait to try some of these ideas. Thanks so much!
TeaScrap is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #312
Rubber Obsessor
 
creativechica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 133
Default

Great tips! Going to give this try!
creativechica is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #313
Crimping Master
 
amberfite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: leonard texas
Posts: 1,169
Default

i had forgot about these thanks for posting them again!!!
amberfite is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:20 AM   #314
Matboard Maniac
 
afdish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: BFE NM
Posts: 297
Default

I just watched a youtube on the glycerin, distilled water, baby shampoo recipe, and she said to use a 8 oz bottle to mix it in. Put in the glycerin and baby shampoo, then fill it the rest of the way with the distilled water. I'm just putting this out there, in case some of y'all were using the recipe with the smaller spray bottles as the mixing vessel. Your ratio of glycerin to water would be too high in that case. Personally, I am going to make this recipe, and maybe throw in some Rose Water if I can find it, for the scent. I am going to make my own scrubber with the foam paint pads. And I will use the Ultimate brand cleaner for stamps that I use Staz-on ink, to clean the ink off first then do quick clean with the glycerin recipe to get the conditioning properties. Clear stamps will always get a little stained no matter how well you clean them, but they still stamp fine. And one cool tip I learned was with pigment inks, they can be a bit thick, so cleaning the stamp off with a non-alcohol, non-lanolin baby wipe first to get the bulk of the ink off, then cleaning it on the scrubber keeps the scrubber pad from getting too gunked up too quickly. And believe me, I am going to stick with distilled water for my homemade cleaners and blender pen refills, since a gallon of distilled water is only about a dollar at the grocery store. And the tap water in New Mexico is so bad, it tastes nasty and it leaves scale deposits on everything it touches.

Happy stamping everyone!
afdish is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:09 AM   #315
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdish View Post
I just watched a youtube on the glycerin, distilled water, baby shampoo recipe, and she said to use a 8 oz bottle to mix it in. Put in the glycerin and baby shampoo, then fill it the rest of the way with the distilled water. I'm just putting this out there, in case some of y'all were using the recipe with the smaller spray bottles as the mixing vessel. Your ratio of glycerin to water would be too high in that case. Personally, I am going to make this recipe, and maybe throw in some Rose Water if I can find it, for the scent. I am going to make my own scrubber with the foam paint pads. And I will use the Ultimate brand cleaner for stamps that I use Staz-on ink, to clean the ink off first then do quick clean with the glycerin recipe to get the conditioning properties. Clear stamps will always get a little stained no matter how well you clean them, but they still stamp fine. And one cool tip I learned was with pigment inks, they can be a bit thick, so cleaning the stamp off with a non-alcohol, non-lanolin baby wipe first to get the bulk of the ink off, then cleaning it on the scrubber keeps the scrubber pad from getting too gunked up too quickly. And believe me, I am going to stick with distilled water for my homemade cleaners and blender pen refills, since a gallon of distilled water is only about a dollar at the grocery store. And the tap water in New Mexico is so bad, it tastes nasty and it leaves scale deposits on everything it touches.

Happy stamping everyone!
Could you post the link from youtube? When I made my wash, I mixed it in a big container and added it to the little spray bottles as they were gifts for my stamp club.

And YEAH PACKERS! I was in GB to watch the SB and had so much fun. Would love to have been in Dallas.
__________________
Affectionately known as Nona!
bmunson is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #316
Matboard Maniac
 
afdish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: BFE NM
Posts: 297
Default

Here is the link: YouTube - Making Your Own Stamp Cleaner

It is done by PrairiePaperandInk

Also, watch her "How I Clean My Stamps". Really good stuff.

I had tons of fun watching the SB at home with my 4-year old. Would love to have been able to be in WI for it. I did look into Superbowl tickets briefly, since I'm only an 8 hour drive from Dallas, but tickets started at over $2,000. So I decided to watch at home, and had a great time! One of the best half time shows I've seen... I love Black Eyed Peas and Usher.

Everytime my 4 year-old sees the Packers on TV, he always says "That's Mommy's team!"
afdish is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #317
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdish View Post
Here is the link: YouTube - Making Your Own Stamp Cleaner

It is done by PrairiePaperandInk

Also, watch her "How I Clean My Stamps". Really good stuff.

I had tons of fun watching the SB at home with my 4-year old. Would love to have been able to be in WI for it. I did look into Superbowl tickets briefly, since I'm only an 8 hour drive from Dallas, but tickets started at over $2,000. So I decided to watch at home, and had a great time! One of the best half time shows I've seen... I love Black Eyed Peas and Usher.

Everytime my 4 year-old sees the Packers on TV, he always says "That's Mommy's team!"
Thanks so much for the link. We are all still smiling about the SB. We live in Michigan's upper peninsula, so the drive to GB was only 3 hours. Not sure us ordinary people will ever be able to afford a ticket to the real thing, so we celebrate the best we can. I'm sure your 4 year old will carry on your passion for the green and gold.
__________________
Affectionately known as Nona!
bmunson is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #318
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Greg T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Irwin, PA
Posts: 722
Default

Thanks for the link. Although I noticed she used "Baby shampoo" instead of "Baby Wash". I also watched the videos for making the cleaner with Simple Green and cleaning the stamps. I use the paint pads. I don't know if I'd use the scrubber. Seems a bit harsh. Anyone else used the scrubber pads?
I'm glad the Packer fans got to smile. We Pittsburgher's figured we'd let someone else win this time. That's why we didn't really try. Even Christina (who is from Pittsburgh) didn't even bring her "A" game. hahaha
__________________
The early bird gets the worm. But the second mouse gets the cheese.
http://latestwhims.blogspot.com/
Greg T is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #319
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg T View Post
Thanks for the link. Although I noticed she used "Baby shampoo" instead of "Baby Wash". I also watched the videos for making the cleaner with Simple Green and cleaning the stamps. I use the paint pads. I don't know if I'd use the scrubber. Seems a bit harsh. Anyone else used the scrubber pads?
I'm glad the Packer fans got to smile. We Pittsburgher's figured we'd let someone else win this time. That's why we didn't really try. Even Christina (who is from Pittsburgh) didn't even bring her "A" game. hahaha
I'm glad to be in a thread that is not out for blood. Way to go Steeler fan. Maybe a rematch next year. Uh, if there is a next year.
__________________
Affectionately known as Nona!
bmunson is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #320
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
Posts: 1,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by basurok View Post
I'm going to try making this...I really loved the rose fragrance of the SU cleaner before they changed it to the floral one they now carry. They say it is the same...but it smells a lot different...could just be variation on essential oil/crops/supplier or something. The new one makes me sneeze/wheeze and the old one did not.
I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Just the smell of the original used to get me excited to stamp. When i told my stamping friends that I was sad that they changed the smell, they all said I was crazy. Thanks for the validation.
jeanne3579 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stamp Cleaner jenzworld Tool & Product Talk 23 01-31-2008 09:09 AM
ISO recipe for stamp cleaner BarbieSparkle General Stamping Talk 13 05-13-2006 04:28 PM
Stamp cleaner... stampin_bug76 General Stamping Talk 4 01-20-2006 09:22 AM
cleaner recipe Teanne Techniques 15 05-31-2005 07:10 AM
Need Recipe for stamp cleaner karrieg General Stamping Talk 5 12-22-2004 02:04 PM