Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-f11/)
-   -   Brayer (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-f11/brayer-t561648.html)

Bkacdjj6 09-25-2012 02:16 PM

Brayer

When I use my BrayerWhen I get darker streaks at the edge of the Brayer! What to do?

shazsilverwolf 09-26-2012 04:25 AM

Hi there, I usually roll the very edge off on scrap paper first. If you want a good video on brayering without lines, have a look at this lady :

connie leone 09-26-2012 12:41 PM

I have been playing with my brayer lately. I love the looks you can create with it. I made a card today which came out fantastic, couldn't believe that I did it!! I have been looking at some videos on you tube. The one that inspired me is "Stamp with Tami" she did a video using a SU stamp set.

Good luck & have fun,
Connie

TTB 09-29-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolf (Post 19711276)
Hi there, I usually roll the very edge off on scrap paper first. If you want a good video on brayering without lines, have a look at this lady :

The link that you shared is soooo helpful. Thank you

shazsilverwolf 09-30-2012 01:26 AM

TTB, I struggled so much with brayering, and someone on here shared that link about a year or so ago. I watched it a couple of times, went away and did my first perfect piece!. I think it's the details she gives, especially about how to hold the brayer- my biggest problem was how I held it and I realised I was putting WAY to much pressure on when I rolled it over the cardstock. Glad it was helpful to you too. :)

TTB 09-30-2012 01:35 AM

I never would have thought that holding the brayer correctly would have been so important but now I can see where that would cause the problems that I was having. I used to hate brayering because I could never get a good outcome but I have seen so many wonderful projects using the brayer that I want to learn how to do it with success.

shazsilverwolf 09-30-2012 01:45 AM

That was how I felt too! I think the little 'flick' of the brayer as you come off the card makes all the difference. It puts the 'edge' of the ink in a different place each time, so less likelihood of lines. I realised what she meant when I rolled my brayer off onto scrap paper- when you roll the whole length of the brayer off, you can see where the majority of the ink came off, the the colour becomes lighter- with a sharp line at that point, so I could see what she meant about the flick to put that in a different place each time, and why 'back & forward' is a bad idea,lol. It really does help when someone gives you all those little tips, as well as shows you i think. Good luck with the brayering later. And save anything that doesn't come out perfect- I found lots of pieces are retrievable with the right image in the right place!

SarahRTW 11-19-2012 06:05 PM

Great stuff, I repeat the thanks of everyone else. I love the look brayering can give but found it hard to recreate. The video etc. is greatly helpful!

Crafting_Marfa 11-20-2012 06:23 AM

I just ordered my first brayer. So glad that I found this thread!