Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 07-22-2017, 02:38 PM   #1
Glitter Queen

Default Glossy Accents Advice

I have some die cuts I coated with glossy accents to make them pop on the front of my card, but now that it's drying, I can see it isn't even. Should I let it dry completely and put another coat on?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 07-22-2017, 04:41 PM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamhollie View Post
I have some die cuts I coated with glossy accents to make them pop on the front of my card, but now that it's drying, I can see it isn't even. Should I let it dry completely and put another coat on?
We seem to be chatting today, Pam. I've had that happen and waited til it dried and added another coat.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Unread 07-22-2017, 05:27 PM   #3
Glitter Queen

Thanks, I got the Summer Hello Kit from SSS to make a birthday card for my granddaughter. I found a cute card that had bikinis on the front that had the dies cut like stickers and glossy accents to make them pop. I had trouble with the process of cutting the tops and bottoms on double stick adhesive foam I have from Papertrey ink. On the video, this girls just popped the little details out, while I struggled with both cutting (the dies wouldn't cut through the back side of the paper covering the adhesive) and getting the small details out was a nightmare. The glossy accents was the icing on the cake, I just needed a break. So now, after another layer of glossy, they are very cute and I am done for the day. I appreciate your help.
buggainok and southgirl like this post.