Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foam TAPE?

Soooo, basicially I need a foam (or something) tape to use for making a really long stamp type thing. I am primarily a mixed media person and havent done much ink and stamp type things but I have a really cool concept for a project.

I need it to be half inch wide or less approx and only sticky on the one side and able to hold a... decent amount of pigment to yet be determined. Need at least 10 ft.

Any thoughts? Beuller?

(Weatherstripping? Open cell foam? What? Please tell me how to stamp.)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 06:06 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

Welcome to Splitcoast, and I love your username! I'm completely fascinated and need to know more about what you're doing... and how you're going to hold a 10-foot-long stamp...? or am I missing something?
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2014, 11:58 PM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

Well, its going to go on a hula hoop, kind of like a really bug roller. I want to do some dance meets 2d art in a fun way if that makes any sense. Haha.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2014, 06:37 AM   #4  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

WOWWW that sounds so cool! I can picture it now! I love your username too

Welcome to Splitcoast!

If you're going to be rolling it by itself (without a human standing in it, say) you could definitely use a lightweight foam like weatherstripping, which is sticky on one side. I have two big rolls like this if that helps you visualize. They'd hold paint I think pretty well. It's about 2" wide.
Attached Thumbnails
Foam TAPE?-img_8871.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2014, 12:03 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I was going to suggest that 3m who makes the weather stripping, also make a foam tape for scrapbooking/cardmaking. I would think that the weather stripping would work great.

Welcome Adorkablefae!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2014, 06:24 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

OMG! I can see it now!!! Hanging rolls of paper around you while hula hooping in time to music/chant, etc. and having free form design!!! OR, you could sling paint onto paper on the floor or hanging far enough away so that the hoop isn't touching, but close enough to catch the paint spray....I LOVE THIS! All I need is the ability to hula hoop...AND have hips that actually move. Btw....in love with your name too....just got back from los angeles and am committed to making crowns. Went into this Wicca store and fell in love with the goddess crowns...have spent hours searching for a light decorative metal, at least 10 inches long, to serve as base. Sigh. You're in the right place to get the answers to your questions...I have to defer to the girls, although you could use 2 sided foam tape....one to adhere to the hula hoop (but you will absolutely have to use E6000 glue to make sure even the foam sticky doesn't come loose) and the other sticky side is what you could adhere your rubber stamp to. I know you can have custom stamps made if you don't already have them. But if you already have stamps to use, carefully remove just the rubber stamp and put it on the double sided (scotch) mounting tape and voila! You're ready to go! You've GOT to take pics and let us know how this turns out1!!!

I am a:
Proud Fan Club Member
PROUD Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni 

And because everybody else has one and I HATE being left out, here's my blog papercraftgoddess.com
Reply With Quote Likes