Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #2801
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to blueslady

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroico View Post
Here's my original post from last week:

I know I told you all that I don't know how to post pics....but I took a lot of them after I had set up and would like to share them. I don't have a gallery here or a blog. Just my SU DBWS and I can't figiure out how to post my own pics there either. Email me if you have any suggestions.

I wish everyone else as much luck as I had.

Connie
WOW Connie- I am exhausted just reading this post!!! WAY TO GO!!!! As far as pics go...why don't you load them to photobucket for free? I would love to see your pics.

Congrats on a fabulous show!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #2802
Rubber Obsessor

Here is the M&M story:

The M & M's Christmas Story
As you hold these candies in your hand,
and turn them, you will see...
The M becomes a W, an E, and then a 3.
They tell the Christmas story. It's one I'm sure you know.
It took place in a stable a long, long, time ago.
The E is for the East, where the star shone so bright.
The M is for the Manger, where Baby Jesus slept that night.
The 3 is for the wise men, who came bearing gifts.
W is for Worship. Hallelujah, praise His name!
So as you eat these candies,
or share them with your friends,
remember the meaning of Christmas.
It's a love story that never ends.

I cased this stroy from someone and now I cannot remember her name. I have it written somehwere and when I find it I will let you know. I have some beautiful pics and if you send me your email I can forward you a few.

When I baked my (almost 200) cupcakes I baked them and decorated them the night before the craft show. They weren't ordinary cupcakes. I took the Wilton Cake decorating classes and they were over the top. A lot of people think they are decorations or bath bombs! lol. I store them in Wilton carrying cases and I displayed them on cupcake trees and in boxes of four.

I don't know how to post pics here, but email me and I can forward you pics of everything or just of specific things if you want.

Connie
Old 11-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #2803
Matboard Maniac

Hi Ladies!

Well in addition to my sales I also brought home a horrible cold! So I have finally posted pictures in my gallery.

Here is the list of what I sold:

Tile coasters- 3 sets
Post it note w/mini pen- 7
Gift tags- 3
Bookmarks- 4
Christmas Fudge- 5 (one vendor kept buying them to just eat the chocolate! just threw the "wrapper" away!)
Piggy wand- 2
Countdown to Christmas- 2
Tea Mug- 1
Binder clip- 1
Composition note book- 1
Fancy Favor boxes- 3
Gift card holder- 1
Snowman Soup- 5
Candles- 1 large 1 small

I still came home with way to much! Hopefully I can get the girls at work to buy some gifts!

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Old 11-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #2804
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsskgilbert View Post
Hi Ladies!

Well in addition to my sales I also brought home a horrible cold! So I have finally posted pictures in my gallery.

Tile coasters- 3 sets
Gift tags- 3
Bookmarks- 4
Christmas Fudge- 5 (one vendor kept buying them to just eat the chocolate! just threw the "wrapper" away!)
Piggy wand- 2
Tea Mug- 1
Binder clip- 1
Composition note book- 1
Fancy Favor boxes- 3
Gift card holder- 1
Snowman Soup- 5
Candles- 1 large 1 small

I still came home with way to much! Hopefully I can get the girls at work to buy some gifts!
Stacey,

Your stuff looks great! Where did you get the thing that you had your catalog on? Did you get any potential customers?
Old 11-09-2009, 04:35 PM   #2805
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
Stacey,

Your stuff looks great! Where did you get the thing that you had your catalog on? Did you get any potential customers?

Hi Christel

Its actually a decorative plate holder. I got it from the dollar store, but have seen them at Walmart and the like. I actually did get name of 2 potential workshops and one lady who is a dance instructor wants me to make recital gifts for her girls (she has about 40 students), so I will have to see how that works out. I am pretty excited though, because honestly I am my only customer! LOL

Old 11-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #2806
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Hi Christel

Its actually a decorative plate holder. I got it from the dollar store, but have seen them at Walmart and the like. I actually did get name of 2 potential workshops and one lady who is a dance instructor wants me to make recital gifts for her girls (she has about 40 students), so I will have to see how that works out. I am pretty excited though, because honestly I am my only customer! LOL
I know what you mean Stacey, I make all of my minimums myself . I had 24 people fill out the door prize slip and 21 of them want to know my class schedule. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to make enough to pay for our "habit"?
Old 11-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #2807
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
I am here in Canada and did my first craft/trade fair for the year, and had not the best of luck either. I found "alot" of lookers and not many buyers. In talking with others who did home party tables and some that had just baking they thought the same thing. Is it just too early for people to be in the Christmas buying spirit? I have another one in 2 weeks so will see how things go at that one.
I've done craft fairs for about the last 7 years or so, and I have found that most people don't get into the Christmas "spirit" until after Remembrance day. Here in Victoria we have a lot of the "big" craft fairs happen the weekend after it, and that is when people start heading out and buying from craft fairs.

I also typically find that most people stop buying at craft fairs - at least around here - after about the first weekend in December. By then I think they are in "super shopping mode" and just head to the dept stores to get what they need. No more casual browing and picking up cute little crafts
Old 11-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #2808
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via MSN to stampinsweeney

Where does everyone get the cute popcorn containers?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:56 PM   #2809
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinsweeney View Post
Where does everyone get the cute popcorn containers?
Morissa,

I got mine at the Dollar Tree. They were in a two pack (for $1). I've also seen ones that someone else has done from the dollar bin at Target. They have stripes on all four sides but you only get 1 for $1. Honestly, I like the fact that the Target ones have the stripes down all four sides but people loved the Dollar Tree ones just fine.

I am by no means claiming to be the first person to come up with this idea, but it is one of the things that I did not totally case this year. That is to say, I was at the Dollar Tree, saw them and envisioned what I could do with them. So much of my stuff is inspired by all of you, it's nice to think that I might be inspiring some of you. Can you feel the love?
Old 11-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #2810
Gallery Gazer

Send a message via MSN to stampinsweeney

Quote:
Morissa,

I got mine at the Dollar Tree. They were in a two pack (for $1). I've also seen ones that someone else has done from the dollar bin at Target. They have stripes on all four sides but you only get 1 for $1. Honestly, I like the fact that the Target ones have the stripes down all four sides but people loved the Dollar Tree ones just fine.

I am by no means claiming to be the first person to come up with this idea, but it is one of the things that I did not totally case this year. That is to say, I was at the Dollar Tree, saw them and envisioned what I could do with them. So much of my stuff is inspired by all of you, it's nice to think that I might be inspiring some of you. Can you feel the love?
Thanks so much! Wish I had a Dollar Tree close. My parents have one nearby...maybe I'll have my dad snag a few before they come to visit at Thanksgiving. I'll have to check Target!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #2811
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinsweeney View Post
Thanks so much! Wish I had a Dollar Tree close. My parents have one nearby...maybe I'll have my dad snag a few before they come to visit at Thanksgiving. I'll have to check Target!
Bluslady's Target one is in post #416 (page 12) of this thread. Good luck!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:46 PM   #2812
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Hi Ladies!

Tile coasters- 3 sets
Gift tags- 3
Bookmarks- 4
Piggy wand- 2
Tea Mug- 1
Binder clip- 1
Composition note book- 1
Fancy Favor boxes- 3
Gift card holder- 1
Snowman Soup- 5
Candles- 1 large 1 small

Stacey, just looked at your gallery photos. Great job on your display, and all your items are so attractive and professionally packaged. I personally think they should have all been bought!!

The fairs everyone is reporting on seem to be so spotty depending on the part of the country, and even the part of the town and place they are held.

This is my first year to do this, and I don't have a clue really as to what motivates people to buy. Probably having money in their pocket, lol.

I have 4 more fairs between now and December 6, so I have several chances to sell all my stuff before it goes into my personal Christmas stash for my longsuffering family members. They have all been warned to expect a "Handmade Christmas."

Glad you made some sales, and sorry about your cold.

Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 11-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #2813
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Here's my original post from last week:

["Sour Cream Containers filled with hersey kisses (40) $2.50 - sold 25"
Connie
I am curious about these sour cream containers. Do you mean the plastic ones.. decorated with paper? Can't you still see the logo/label?
Please share!
Old 11-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #2814
Insane Embellisher

Default Popcorn container

Quote:
Here's a picture of the container I was talking about. I didn't take a close up photo of it once I had it wrapped in cellophane, but they're on the far right side of the table in the picture from the craft fair.
Did you include an actual gift card with it?
If you don't mind me asking...What was your cost to make these and what did you charge?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #2815
Insane Embellisher

I have seen it mentioned before on this forum and feel silly for asking.. but.. what is a piggy wand??
I looked at your pictures. Very nice! I am thinking the wand may be the tall stick-like item? Is it a pixie stick?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #2816
Cardstock Collector

What is the Zebra clip you are talking about to attach pens to the post it note holders?
Old 11-09-2009, 11:25 PM   #2817
Rubber Obsessor

subscribing
Old 11-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #2818
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
Did you include an actual gift card with it?
If you don't mind me asking...What was your cost to make these and what did you charge?
Diane,

I did make a gift card holder. You can see it in the photo. It's a design of Jackie Topa's that I copied. I figured the person buying it could supply the gift card or movie tickets. I didn't want to invest that much into something that might not sell. I sold mine for either $6 each or 2 for $10. One person bought 4. My cost was right around $3.50. You could make it cheaper if you put less candy in it or didn't wrap it in the cellophane, but that's what "made" it in my opinion.

I wrapped it in the cellophane and tied the gift card/movie ticket holder on the outside. It's a gift I'd love to get.

Last edited by CAmomof2; 11-10-2009 at 12:01 AM..
Old 11-09-2009, 11:58 PM   #2819
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimt View Post
What is the Zebra clip you are talking about to attach pens to the post it note holders?
The Zebra Z-Grip is just the brand of the pen that I used on my magnetic pen/post-it note holder.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:04 AM   #2820
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I am curious about these sour cream containers. Do you mean the plastic ones.. decorated with paper? Can't you still see the logo/label?
Please share!
I'm sure the "sour cream containers" she's talking about are the homemade ones, they've never had sour cream in them . There's a great tutorial on how to make them here. They are fast, easy and super cute!
Old 11-10-2009, 02:24 AM   #2821
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Here's a picture of the container I was talking about. I didn't take a close up photo of it once I had it wrapped in cellophane, but they're on the far right side of the table in the picture from the craft fair.
What kind of gift card do you have in your popcorn boxes?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:35 AM   #2822
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Pennington View Post
What kind of gift card do you have in your popcorn boxes?
Sorry, just noticed that you answered that in another post! Just love your popcorn box idea! Just may have to case it for a craft fair that I'm doing. Thanks for the inspiration!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:10 AM   #2823
Rubber Obsessor

I have four popcorn boxes in my cupboards, I wonder if my kids will notice that I snatched them. I think I will put in mine candy bars and one box of movie sized candies like junior mints, hot tamales, etc. loved the gift card on the outside. On the pig wands Did you put the little verse on the other side?? do you have a picture of the m&m story and the candy bar in santa clothes? What did you sell your christmas fudge candy bars for? Thanks, Maria

stampinrealtor@yahoo.com
Old 11-10-2009, 08:26 AM   #2824
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggonecrafts View Post
i bought the rsvp pens when they were on sale for $1.00/pack at Staples. You'd just have to watch the flyers. As for your other question - I'm sorry - I don't have an answer/
me too!!! i stocked up....probably should have bought more!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:48 AM   #2825
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyDearie View Post
I am wondering if anyone has found te red hots in bulk anywhere? I just got back from Walmart [after $ tree & grocery store did not offer large quantities] and all they had also was the movie theater type box for $1. That won't spread too far, making the rudolph spares not very cost effective.
However, I did get the red & green M&M's and will just sort them out. I also picked up cinnamon disks for a large bag for $1, which ironically, my husband had already suggested. So between the 2, I will make due for these shows. Guess since I have the green M&Ms now, looks like Grinch pills are in my future!
I am making them more of a treat jar, rather than the bagged type $1 item. All these baby food jars I knew I would use are going to come in handy [and finally not be in the way at our house, at least!]. Pictures to follow.
I found a 12-16 oz. bag at big lots for $1.....i got about 11-12 spare bags out of it....but i didn't but a ton in....it's more for the cute idea than for the snack - IMO
Old 11-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #2826
Rubber Obsessor

OMG, I tried to get in a craft fair a little on the late side and it was filled up but they put me on a waiting list. And guess what, they just called! I have lots of half started projects so Im finishing those up first. Other than that, AGGGH. Im not prepared.

So, Stacey what type of tins did you use for the M&M story. Also, what does everyone put in their altered mailboxes and the altered pop open tins. Guess what we're having for dinner??? Mixed fruit! I need the pull top tins. But what do you put in them? Im already making nugget tins so I don't want to put nuggets in these too. Any suggestions? Im going into a panic mode (again!). I love craft fairs! Maria
Old 11-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #2827
Pearl-ExPert

Just signed up for another fair this weekend,Fri and Sat have never done a 2 dayer,... Had to take a day off work,did trade so I'm not out any $$$. Am really anxious as things have been slow. Usually get about $100 of extra orders at work too,...so I'm hopeful,have 3 in the wings,I try not to count my $$$ before it's in hand.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #2828
Rubber Obsessor

Default m&m story?

I have read several posts about the m&m story that is being sold at craft fairs.
I am unfamiliar with what that is and would LOVE to know!

karen
Old 11-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #2829
Rubber Obsessor

Christel,

you are right....those are the sour cream containers I made. I probably shouldn't have written sour cream container on the package because I had to explain to everyone that looked at it that the United States packages their sour cream in those kinds of containers. Everyone here was confused because in Canada we use little plastic round containers with lids.
It's cute and easy. I sold a few crimpers so people could make their own and about 6 people signed up for a class to come and make them!

Connie
Old 11-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #2830
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Christel,

you are right....those are the sour cream containers I made. I probably shouldn't have written sour cream container on the package because I had to explain to everyone that looked at it that the United States packages their sour cream in those kinds of containers. Everyone here was confused because in Canada we use little plastic round containers with lids.
Stores sell sour cream in the plastic tubs down here in the States as well -- the little paper packets with the crimped ends are pretty much only distributed at fast-food restaurants, although some of those do use tiny tubs with peel-off paper lids.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 11-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #2831
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Christel,

It's cute and easy. I sold a few crimpers so people could make their own and about 6 people signed up for a class to come and make them!

Connie
Connie,

It's funny, I know why they're called sour cream containers but I'd sa that at least half of the people I talk to about them have no idea what I'm talking about. I used to get an Italian Ice sort of thing in the same type of container as a child. I'm happy they were such a hit for you!

At the craft fair that I did on Sunday a lot of people were confused by my Snowman Soup too. They'd say, "what kind of soup is it?". It's funny because I've heard of people using "church speak" before, now I feel like I talk in "craft speak" .
Old 11-10-2009, 12:27 PM   #2832
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
I have seen it mentioned before on this forum and feel silly for asking.. but.. what is a piggy wand??
I looked at your pictures. Very nice! I am thinking the wand may be the tall stick-like item? Is it a pixie stick?
Hi Diane

Its just a novelty item, a pig stamped on the front and the back has this saying: To remove calories wave once over mail mean twice over dessert.

The sticks that I used are actually wilton candy sticks that I had left over from my cookie decorating days!

Old 11-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #2833
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinrealtor View Post
I have four popcorn boxes in my cupboards, I wonder if my kids will notice that I snatched them. I think I will put in mine candy bars and one box of movie sized candies like junior mints, hot tamales, etc. loved the gift card on the outside. On the pig wands Did you put the little verse on the other side?? do you have a picture of the m&m story and the candy bar in santa clothes? What did you sell your christmas fudge candy bars for? Thanks, Maria

stampinrealtor@yahoo.com

Hi Maria

Yes the verse for the Piggy wand is on the other side

Old 11-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #2834
Rubber Obsessor

Ahhhh,
So you guys use the same sour cream containers as us! I thought you only used the paper ones. I didn't realize that they only used those in restaurants. lol
I'll be sure to keep that in mind when everyone asks me next weekend at the craft show!

Connie
Old 11-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #2835
Matboard Maniac

Hi, I posted pictures of my stocking stuffer item that I'm planning on selling at my next craft fair on my blog today. It's a new item for me, so hopefully it will sell.

My Blog

My Gallery
Old 11-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #2836
Matboard Maniac

I'm wondering the same as others...what is the m and m's story and how is it packaged, priced, etc. - thanks in advance
carole
Old 11-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #2837
Kookie Creator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin Lynn View Post
Hi, I posted pictures of my stocking stuffer item that I'm planning on selling at my next craft fair on my blog today. It's a new item for me, so hopefully it will sell.

What a clever idea! Good luck with it!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #2838
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Please share!
When I first started coming to SCS, I thought "why in the world would you want to decorate a plastic tub that use to have sour cream in??" just didn't make sense until I saw the picture in the resource section, than I understood why everyone thought they were so cute! Pretty easy to make too!
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Old 11-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #2839
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Diane,

I did make a gift card holder. You can see it in the photo. It's a design of Jackie Topa's that I copied. I figured the person buying it could supply the gift card or movie tickets. I didn't want to invest that much into something that might not sell. I sold mine for either $6 each or 2 for $10. One person bought 4. My cost was right around $3.50. You could make it cheaper if you put less candy in it or didn't wrap it in the cellophane, but that's what "made" it in my opinion.

I wrapped it in the cellophane and tied the gift card/movie ticket holder on the outside. It's a gift I'd love to get.
You are so right Christel. I think packaging things up cute is what really sells them.
thanks for sharing!
Old 11-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #2840
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Christel,

Connie
LOL! That's probably why I was so confused (I live in Canada)!
Those containers are very cery cute!

But can anyone share what a piggy wand is?