Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #2601
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyDearie View Post
H1N1 got us too [me at 7 months preggers amd my 1-week-away-from-being Two year old]. Still working through the nonsense and seem to be on the upswing!

*Stamps: I would say using stamps NOT at EVRY store is to your benefit. Of course, I am a SU demo, so I am partial. But it is so easy to spot some of the stamps that Michaels/Walmart/JoAnn's have carried for years... Most of the companies keep up with the trends. AND the Angel Policy is a GREAT point! Cover yourself!
*So excited about the Bazaar tomorrow from 9-2. Apparently, this is one of those churches that has done it for years so they have a great following. My first time there. And first "real" bazaar for the year. The others were art festivals or odd office things. This is a more crafter/buyer driven event [hopefully!].
Talk to you soon with an update!
Best wishes for a successful show tomorrow! I think as a rule longstanding church bazaars do well with attendance.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #2602
Inking Addict

OMG, I just got two deliveries, one from Papertrey Ink and Specialty Bottle. I got stamps, hinged nugget tins and a few test tubes!! How exciting. Now I wish I had time to make everything. But right now my youngest son is helping me make sweet treat center Halloween cards. He wants to help put in trap doors that we saw on you tube. My hubby can't believe Im still receiving pkgs. He had hoped I would use up my old stuff first. But how can I when you ladies keep coming up with such great and cute projects. He wasn't here when I received my laminator for those bookmarks I plan on making. I think that saved him a heart attack. LOL!! Good luck to all of you who will be at craft fairs this weekend. Can't wait to hear your success stories! Maria
Old 10-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #2603
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinrealtor View Post
OMG, I just got two deliveries, one from Papertrey Ink and Specialty Bottle. I got stamps, hinged nugget tins and a few test tubes!! How exciting. Now I wish I had time to make everything. But right now my youngest son is helping me make sweet treat center Halloween cards. He wants to help put in trap doors that we saw on you tube. My hubby can't believe Im still receiving pkgs. He had hoped I would use up my old stuff first. But how can I when you ladies keep coming up with such great and cute projects. He wasn't here when I received my laminator for those bookmarks I plan on making. I think that saved him a heart attack. LOL!! Good luck to all of you who will be at craft fairs this weekend. Can't wait to hear your success stories! Maria

That is EXACTLY why I have all my stuff delivered to work! I just make sure to carry a LARGE bag when I know I have "stuff" coming! LOL

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Old 10-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #2604
Inking Addict

Waiting for my SU shipment...got MORE stuff from all the good ideas on here...hope it arrives before hubby comes home! LOL
Old 10-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #2605
Inking Addict

I am a great case-r. I want to make the bookmarks like Kerry does on kerrypapercrafts.com. Does anyone know where I can buy the we r memory keepers stickers. Loved the zoo and lil bugs stickers she uses! I don't like any of the others she uses. I will be laminating ones that I made y-e-a-r-s ago that I still have but I stamped those (which are still ok) but I also want to make her cute ones. Thanks for your help. Now I have to go to work. Bye
Old 10-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #2606
Inking Addict

Oops I didn't mean to say that I didn't like any of the others she uses. I love all her stuff! I meant to say I didn't like any of the other stickers I have seen at the stores. I better quit while Im still ahead! Maria
Old 10-30-2009, 05:37 PM   #2607
Crimping Master

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by joleneelektra625 View Post
Hi Everyone! Here is what I came up with last night for my rudolph spares. I got the red hots at Winco- 1 pound for $1.55 and 1 pound made 13 bags. I will be selling them for $1.00 each at my upcoming craft fairs.

Check out my blog for a close up pic..

www.scrapadoodledee.blogspot.com
THANKS SO MUCH !!!!

Love these,will put these on my list for next year,too cute!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 11:48 PM   #2608
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
*Stamps: I would say using stamps NOT at EVRY store is to your benefit. Of course, I am a SU demo, so I am partial. But it is so easy to spot some of the stamps that Michaels/Walmart/JoAnn's have carried for years... Most of the companies keep up with the trends. AND the Angel Policy is a GREAT point! Cover yourself!
Yes, you and other stampers would recognize these stamps, but the majority of purchasers are NON stamping people and most likely would NOT recognize these stamps even designs that are years old. These designs are new to them - they are excited to buy something that is handmade and original One of the things you need to consider is current trends -this dates something sometimes. But then retro stuff is back again in appropriate items.
Have a great fair with lots of sales and encouragement to do more next time.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:04 AM   #2609
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Yahoo to lisajtmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Your pendants are really nice, Amy. Thanks for the report on the office craft show. Glad you sold some stuff.

Here are a couple of things I just finished for an art festival/craft fair coming on October 3.

The Hershey bars are like the Christmas Fudge bars. I hope people will buy them for office gifts.

I'll include a little colored pen with the mini notepads.
Bugga

Both your projects are very cute! Hope you did well at your show.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:08 AM   #2610
Compulsive Stamper

where are you guys getting the little pens for the post it holders??? I can't find them anywhere....
Old 10-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #2611
Insane Embellisher

For those selling gift tags - how are you packaging them and what are you charging? I saw some adorable sets of gift tags posted here once but can't find it in the thread anymore...

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2009, 11:38 AM   #2612
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisajtmo View Post
For those selling gift tags - how are you packaging them and what are you charging? I saw some adorable sets of gift tags posted here once but can't find it in the thread anymore...

Thanks!
Lisa,

I'll be selling Christmas Gift Tags for $5 (24 pack). Here's the way mine will be packaged...
Attached Thumbnails
img_4096.jpg  
Old 10-31-2009, 11:54 AM   #2613
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
Lisa,

I'll be selling Christmas Gift Tags for $5 (24 pack). Here's the way mine will be packaged...
Cristel

Thanks! That was very helpful to see.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:59 AM   #2614
Hardware Hotshot

Cristel, those are really cute! Love the packaging!

Lisa, I've found the little pens at the dollar store. There are 8 in a pack, all different colors.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:25 PM   #2615
Inking Addict

And I find the little pens [8 pack for $1] at the "See Spot Save" [dollar zone] at Target from time to time and buy a ton when I do see them because I never know when the next time will be.

So for the show today, I felt I did great, especially compared to recent shows! I sold about $160 and it was a $30 table fee so making $130 wasn't bad considering they didn't really advertise and they only had about 7 total vendors, 4 of which sold some version of silk arrangements. I was a bit apprehensive in the AM when I saw they only had a sandwich board sign that wasn't very catchy and that was about it for "advertising". But luckily they are on a busy street which was probably their savior. Anyway, I felt I did good considering some of the silk ladies sold 1-2 arrangements at most.
The last minute throw in of dog treat bags was a BIG hit! I wish I had counted the # I made to know exactly, but I can clearly see I came home with only 1/3 of what I took with me so I guess I know what I am doing this week! I promise to take pics tomorrow. I sold about 8 onesies, 1 teacher set and 2 sets of coasters, which are my priciest items. So most of the $$ was made from the $1 paperclip bookmarks, dog treats, reindeer food, & pumpkin/ghost poops.
*I did notice no one has mentioned Build a Bear items on here [with the intro this season from SU sizzix dies & stamp sets]. I made notepads, notebooks, & frameable 8X10 pages with them. I sold some of the notepads[with pens].
I like to have a baby section, teacher section, Christmas section and now Build-a-Bear section..feels like a store to me. Darn, I just realized I forgot to take a pic of the display. Bummer! Missed that again! Hope to take pics of top sellers and upload tomorrow!!
Have a great Halloween whatever you do!
AmyD
Old 10-31-2009, 12:38 PM   #2616
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
And I find the little pens [8 pack for $1] at the "See Spot Save" [dollar zone] at Target from time to time and buy a ton when I do see them because I never know when the next time will be.

So for the show today, I felt I did great, especially compared to recent shows! I sold about $160 and it was a $30 table fee so making $130 wasn't bad considering they didn't really advertise and they only had about 7 total vendors, 4 of which sold some version of silk arrangements. I was a bit apprehensive in the AM when I saw they only had a sandwich board sign that wasn't very catchy and that was about it for "advertising". But luckily they are on a busy street which was probably their savior. Anyway, I felt I did good considering some of the silk ladies sold 1-2 arrangements at most.
The last minute throw in of dog treat bags was a BIG hit! I wish I had counted the # I made to know exactly, but I can clearly see I came home with only 1/3 of what I took with me so I guess I know what I am doing this week! I promise to take pics tomorrow. I sold about 8 onesies, 1 teacher set and 2 sets of coasters, which are my priciest items. So most of the $$ was made from the $1 paperclip bookmarks, dog treats, reindeer food, & pumpkin/ghost poops.
*I did notice no one has mentioned Build a Bear items on here [with the intro this season from SU sizzix dies & stamp sets]. I made notepads, notebooks, & frameable 8X10 pages with them. I sold some of the notepads[with pens].
I like to have a baby section, teacher section, Christmas section and now Build-a-Bear section..feels like a store to me. Darn, I just realized I forgot to take a pic of the display. Bummer! Missed that again! Hope to take pics of top sellers and upload tomorrow!!
Have a great Halloween whatever you do!
AmyD
Sounds like you had a great show, Amy! It's so fun to do well after all that hard work.

I'm delighted to hear that the doggie treats went well, as I have a bunch of them made up. Kitty treats, too.

Take a break and put your feet up. You deserve it. Oops, forgot about Trick or Treat night. Well, have some candy then.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:44 PM   #2617
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Have many of you sold Build a Bear items at your craft sales?? What did you make to sell?? Were they a hit???
Old 10-31-2009, 12:51 PM   #2618
Embossing Fanatic

So glad you did so well, Amy....I hope to do as well at my 3 shows. I have a question about the pet treat bags. What type of treats are you using?? Milkbones, or the chewy type? And I have no cats, so I do not know what kind of treats to buy for them....Thanks!!!

Leslie
Old 10-31-2009, 01:06 PM   #2619
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbgirl View Post
So glad you did so well, Amy....I hope to do as well at my 3 shows. I have a question about the pet treat bags. What type of treats are you using?? Milkbones, or the chewy type? And I have no cats, so I do not know what kind of treats to buy for them....Thanks!!!

Leslie

Oh and how much were you selling them for? $1.00 each?? That is what I am thinking....
Old 11-01-2009, 08:28 AM   #2620
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantelac View Post
where are you guys getting the little pens for the post it holders??? I can't find them anywhere....

I have found them at Staples- they are $4.99 for 12 and come in packs of either all black or mixed colors.

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Old 11-01-2009, 08:40 AM   #2621
Embossing Fanatic

Default Mock Display for show

Hi all... I have just spent the morning setting up my tables and placing everything where I want so that next Saturday, I won't have to spend all that time saying where should I put this,etc.... I would suggest to everyone to do a mock display, because it really made it easier for me to see everything displayed.....If you want to check it out, here is a link to the pics I took earlier.....

Thanks again to all you ladies for your wonderful inspiration!!!

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...Craft%20Fairs/

The password is craftfair -all one word with no spaces

Last edited by kbgirl; 11-01-2009 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: needed to add more information
Old 11-01-2009, 09:25 AM   #2622
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Leslie
For the doggie treats, I put 2 small milkbones, and 2 little chewy things called T-Bonz that I found at Walmart.

For the cat treats, they sell them in jars, at Walmart in the pet section, or most grocery stores with pet food. They are called Pounce, and are little chewy soft shapes, like fish, etc. A whole jar doesn't cost much.

I'm going to price mine at least $2 because they were a lot of work in the presentation, stamping, coloring, bling, etc. We will see if they sell at my next fair. If not, I can always mark them down at the next.

Here's a pic:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=95067

Old 11-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #2623
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Hi all... I have just spent the morning setting up my tables and placing everything where I want so that next Saturday, I won't have to spend all that time saying where should I put this,etc.... I would suggest to everyone to do a mock display, because it really made it easier for me to see everything displayed.....If you want to check it out, here is a link to the pics I took earlier.....

Hey, just looked at all your photos. Your display looks wonderful! And my goodness, have you been making things ever since last Christmas? You have so many cute items.

I loved your idea of the sign "Gag Gifts". It's always smart to assume that some people won't "get it." Aren't people funny?

I wish you the best at your fair and know you will sell lots of stuff!

Old 11-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #2624
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Yahoo to whitney56
Default Pricing

What would be a good price to sell these post-it-note holders.

Sizes: 4 x 6 and 5 x 3 1/2

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
craft-show-002.jpg   craft-show-001.jpg  
Old 11-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #2625
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney56 View Post
What would be a good price to sell these post-it-note holders.

Sizes: 4 x 6 and 5 x 3 1/2

Thank you!
I think most people have good luck with $4 for post it note holders of both kinds, especially if you include a pen.

Cute holders!

I sold quite a few of the book kind at my last fair for $4 each.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #2626
Rubber Obsessor

Talking Mock display

Quote:

Wow!!!! You are amazing!!! You have made so much and displayed it so beautifully!!! Good luck with it! This is a terrific idea!!
Old 11-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #2627
Gabfest Goddess

Santa canes:
http://www.starlightstamper.com/2007...irections.html
CUTE!
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Old 11-02-2009, 04:31 AM   #2628
Inking Addict

Quote:

Your display looks great! What are in the 4 small square colored containers? Do you know what the "angel policies" are for Disney stuff? I fear I am a little too close to them to take the chance of doing anything with them [or sports teams] without knowing my facts.
Thanks and GOOD luck!!
AmyD [45 minutes from Walt Disney World!]
Old 11-02-2009, 04:45 AM   #2629
Inking Addict

My dog treats: I took small milk bones and layed them out on a cookie sheet covered in plastic wrap. I melted white candy coating and drizzled it back & forth over all of the milk bones. I then quickly sprinkled Christmas confetti sprinkles over the coating [all dog safe]. Then, after cooling/drying, I put 4 bones in a cello bag with the topper. Since I did not have a current dog set, I went to My Digital Studio [from SU] and thankfully they have a dog [& cat] set on there. So I printed the different dogs out in a sheet and punched them out. then layered them on a scallop circle and loaded it on a topper with either words "Bark, Bark, Bark [Happy Holidays]" OR "Bark Bark Bark [Glad to call you friend]". Mine are all Christmas themed. I sold them for for $1 because really, even though I am dog crazy, the reality is there are only 4 milk bones in there and even if they are jazzed up, you can get a huge box for around $2 something. And I actually used a coupon to buy the boxes so it was less than that!
I did look into the Cat treats idea..but not having a cat I wasn't quite sure what treats to get. Also, the cat treats come in a much smaller container so MUCH less bang for the buck. I thought about bagging catnip but I just know how many people are going to make wisecracks about it looking like baggies of pot! haha Pics to come asap, I swear. It was a terribly busy weekend...

SIGNS**And printed signs to explain what stuff is, is so important!! We live in our crafting world so we totally know the funny in the Christmas Fudge or right off know that an upside down jumbo clothespin is a great memo or picture holder or get what a gift card purse is without thinking about.. However, you definitely have to explain to the general public that no, it is not really reindeer food, only a funny/novelty item. And, yes, it is a Hershey bar but the poem about the Cmas fudge is what makes it a fun gift. Every time, the curious comments never cease to amaze me so I label everything and often have an example of what to do with it [co-worker/secret sister gift, for kids, novelty/funny/gag]. Common sense sometimes lacks and it is better to help along.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:53 AM   #2630
Inking Addict

And Build a Bear stuff: I covered notepads with pen I got from Michael's with CS & watercolored Bears from the stamp set~$4. I covered larger square notebooks I found at the Dollar Tree and put a die cut Bear on the front with a mini-pen [from Target] ~$5. I sold about 1-2 of each. I think I need to jazz up that area to really SELL it is genuinely Build-A-Bear. I also made frame-able 8 X 10 Christmas 09 pages that have a spot for their picture~ $5. I did not have time to get a frame and plop a picture in there to show how it works..which is why I think they didn't move. Stuff like that is so important because, once again, they have to be guided on how to utilize some of the "unique" items we make. So that was my fault but will be taken care of by this Saturday's shows. And I didn't have a sign on the front explaining either, just on the tag on the back, so once again, signs are so important.
Be back later with pics of each.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:36 AM   #2631
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Your display looks great! What are in the 4 small square colored containers? Do you know what the "angel policies" are for Disney stuff? I fear I am a little too close to them to take the chance of doing anything with them [or sports teams] without knowing my facts.
Thanks and GOOD luck!!
AmyD [45 minutes from Walt Disney World!]
Hi Amy

As long as you have paid for the paper you have cleared yourself for copyrights and angel policies because the designer of the paper had to pay for that right. I have been selling college paper calendars and post it note holders for 3 years and had no problem. Hope this helps.

Crystal
Old 11-02-2009, 05:53 AM   #2632
Kookie Creator

Amy - everything looks great! I agree with you about the funny questions. In our past shows we sold altered paint cans. You don't know HOW MANY TIMES we had to explain that they were BRAND NEW-NEVER USED paint cans. We did not scrape old paint out of the cans to use them. HA HA
Old 11-02-2009, 06:14 AM   #2633
Crimping Master

kbgirl, LOVE your display!

And on to the news...
My first craft fair was a total bust. It was billed as a Christmas fair, so I made mostly Christmas stuff, and though there were a lot of lookers and compliments, not many sales. I walked around and talked to other vendors and they weren't doing well either. I drove over 3 hours for this sale because it was supposed to be such a good one, but it SUCKED! lol!

Here is the rundown of what I made, prices and what sold
Gift card purses $3 3/20
Grinch pills $1 4/24
Reindeer food $1 4/24
Rudolph's spares $1 4/24
Candy cane seeds $1 3/20
Snowman hershey bar $1 3/10
Coaster set $10 1/10
Snowman paperclip bookmarks $1 3/24
Ladybug paperclip bookmarks $1 2/24
Marble magnet set $2 1/5
folder christmas planner $5 1/2
single cards $1.50 2/50
domino ornaments $1 1/12
magnet post it holder $3 1/6
set clothespin magnets $2 1/20
Color me kits $2 1/6
snowman tictac holders $1 1/6
mini notebook and pen $3 1/6
What didn't sell...Altered notebooks:made 6, domino pins binder clips: made at least 50, acrylic postit note holders: made 15, dry erase tiles with marker and fork easel: made 8. I think there are a few more things that didn't sell, but I can't think right now.
I made 64 dollars and paid 53 for the table, and atleast 30 in gas to get there, not to mention supplies.
The positives... My baby, Mason stayed overnight with my mom and dad for the first time and he was an angel. He had a blast. My 6 year old, Michael loved the idea that he was to look out for his little brother.
DH and I had a nice day out, and if I wasn't so anxious to get back to my babies, we would have had a nice dinner out.
I have another show scheduled on the 14, not sure if I am gonna do it. Just so disappointed.
Do you have more luck with Saturday shows? Do you think the crowds will be more likely to buy as it gets closer to Christmas? Thanks so much for sharing your expertise!

I have challenged myself to get my house in order today (after the crafting madness and 10 days of no sleep!). After that is done, I will post pics!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:43 AM   #2634
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenndspencer View Post

And on to the news...
My first craft fair was a total bust. It was billed as a Christmas fair, so I made mostly Christmas stuff, and though there were a lot of lookers and compliments, not many sales. I walked around and talked to other vendors and they weren't doing well either. I drove over 3 hours for this sale because it was supposed to be such a good one, but it SUCKED! lol!

Gift card purses $3 3/20
Grinch pills $1 4/24
Reindeer food $1 4/24
Rudolph's spares $1 4/24
Candy cane seeds $1 3/20
Coaster set $10 1/10
Marble magnet set $2 1/5
single cards $1.50 2/50
domino ornaments $1 1/12
Color me kits $2 1/6
What didn't sell...Altered notebooks:made 6, domino pins binder clips: made at least 50, acrylic postit note holders: made 15, dry erase tiles with marker and fork easel: made 8. I think there are a few more things that didn't sell, but I can't think right now.
I made 64 dollars and paid 53 for the table, and atleast 30 in gas to get there, not to mention supplies.
The positives... My baby, Mason stayed overnight with my mom and dad for the first time and he was an angel. He had a blast. My 6 year old, Michael loved the idea that he was to look out for his little brother.
DH and I had a nice day out, and if I wasn't so anxious to get back to my babies, we would have had a nice dinner out.
I have another show scheduled on the 14, not sure if I am gonna do it. Just so disappointed.
Do you have more luck with Saturday shows? Do you think the crowds will be more likely to buy as it gets closer to Christmas? Thanks so much for sharing your expertise!

I have challenged myself to get my house in order today (after the crafting madness and 10 days of no sleep!). After that is done, I will post pics!
Please don't get discouraged....I do think that it might be a little early for Christmas!

I noticed last year that some of the items that would be considered stocking stuffers don't sell until closer to Christmas.

I didn't sell a ton of Christmas items at my show last week, but sold out of most of my Halloween stuff....some people are just waiting to get through Halloween. Then they can start to get into the spirit!

Chin up! You will do much better next time! I can't wait to see your pictures too!
Beth
Old 11-02-2009, 08:11 AM   #2635
Kookie Creator

HI Jenn,
Sorry for your lackluster show......is there another one you can join w/ the rest of your products? It is so frustrating when you do put a lot of time and energy in and things don't see.
Maybe you can have a "home show" and invite friends and family over to see the products in your house?
Old 11-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #2636
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenndspencer View Post

And on to the news...

Gift card purses $3 3/20
Grinch pills $1 4/24
Reindeer food $1 4/24
Rudolph's spares $1 4/24
Candy cane seeds $1 3/20
Coaster set $10 1/10
Marble magnet set $2 1/5
single cards $1.50 2/50
domino ornaments $1 1/12
Color me kits $2 1/6

Jenn, thanks for your report. You are strong and brave.

Sorry about the disappointing fair. But glad you are able to see the good things about it - time with your hubby, kids at grandma's, etc. I like your positive attitude! It will take you far in this life.

I do think things will pick up as we get closer to Christmas, so don't give up. I have a fair this coming Saturday, the 7th, and also one on the 14th. I have a mix of holiday and regular items, so we'll see how it goes.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #2637
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggonecrafts View Post
HI Jenn,
Sorry for your lackluster show......is there another one you can join w/ the rest of your products? It is so frustrating when you do put a lot of time and energy in and things don't see.
Maybe you can have a "home show" and invite friends and family over to see the products in your house?
Maria, went to your blog and checked out your gift card holders. They are very appealing. Those should sell for sure. So many people give gift cards these days. I have a bunch in my inventory, too. Good luck to both of us!

Old 11-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #2638
Inking Addict

Okay, Finally, pics as promised: Magnetic Clips: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=94682 Had them priced at $3 or 2 for $5. I think that was too high since I sold 0 so I am re-pricing at $2 and 3 for $5. So we will see.
Dog Treat bags: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=94682 Sold tons for $1 each
Reindeer Food: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=94682 Sold almost out so hope to make more for my 2 shows this Saturday! $1 each
And, I think someone asked for what mine looked like, so, there is Pumpkin Poop & Ghost Poop pics in my gallery as well. [Can only post so many links for each entry here...] I honestly did them last year. I changed the bag of candy corn for fresh and reattached the topper. I threw them out on the table last Saturday just in case and ended up selling almost all of them [$1]. LIKE that! Yes, I agree, last Saturday they were still focusing on the fall but I think/hope going forward they will be Christmas gift focused!
Thanks for looking!
Old 11-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #2639
Kookie Creator

Jenn - I re-read my post and I hope I didn't offend by using "lackluster" - what I meant was that people just weren't "buying" products. Sorry if it was taken a different way!!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #2640
Crimping Master

Jenn, So sorry your sale was a bust, I have had that happen and in watching what people buy,you just can't tell. I did a sale in a sinior building and felt my stuff was priced appropriately and sold VERY LITTLE,was boo hoo disappointed that I worked so hard and did so poorly,was questioning my ability,saw people spend so much more on CRAP!!! Had the sale at work the next week and did VERY WELL!!! You just can't tell, people are funny. Not always ha ha. Your stuff looked great from what your gallery has to offer,chin up and off to the next sale!!!