Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #2561
Embossing Fanatic

Quick question for those making gift card holders....Are you putting them in a bag or not? I want people to see the functionality of it, but I don't want dirty hands touching them, KWIM?? Please let me know what ya'all think.....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #2562
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbgirl View Post
Quick question for those making gift card holders....Are you putting them in a bag or not? I want people to see the functionality of it, but I don't want dirty hands touching them, KWIM?? Please let me know what ya'all think.....
I am definately bagging them. I will leave a sample one out that people can pick up, touch, open ect...

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Old 10-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #2563
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsskgilbert View Post
I am definately bagging them. I will leave a sample one out that people can pick up, touch, open ect...

what type of bags are you using? I have been using ziploc bags alot in my packaging as they are cheap, but I usually tie ribbon around it or put a bag topper on it....I don't know how to package these up....any suggestions??

Thanks!!

Leslie
Old 10-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #2564
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
what type of bags are you using? I have been using ziploc bags alot in my packaging as they are cheap, but I usually tie ribbon around it or put a bag topper on it....I don't know how to package these up....any suggestions??

Thanks!!

Leslie
Hi Leslie

I bought a ton of cello bags to package up all my "stuff". I will pm you.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #2565
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks!!

Leslie
Leslie, I made 12 that are greeting card style. I am bagging them, but also leaving a sample out to show how the gift card fits in. They are pretty fancy all by themselves, with Stickles, embelishments, etc. I am using ziplock bags with the zipper cut off. I folded it over the back and sealed with a small flower sticker that I got a million of somewhere, lol.

I am including envelopes with mine, and used a cuttlebug embossing folder I had with a cute present to emboss the flap of the envie.

I also made a ton of the purse gift card holders that sold so well at my first sale. I decided not to bag them, because the ribbon handle would get twisted and bent. Also, they look so cute, and I will hang them on my display. But I also made the embossed envies for them, which are bagged and will go with each one when purchased.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 10-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #2566
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Leslie, I made 12 that are greeting card style. I am bagging them, but also leaving a sample out to show how the gift card fits in. They are pretty fancy all by themselves, with Stickles, embelishments, etc. I am using ziplock bags with the zipper cut off. I folded it over the back and sealed with a small flower sticker that I got a million of somewhere, lol.

I am including envelopes with mine, and used a cuttlebug embossing folder I had with a cute present to emboss the flap of the envie.

I also made a ton of the purse gift card holders that sold so well at my first sale. I decided not to bag them, because the ribbon handle would get twisted and bent. Also, they look so cute, and I will hang them on my display. But I also made the embossed envies for them, which are bagged and will go with each one when purchased.

Bugga, I would love to see your gift cards, do you have any pictures of them? I need to see if I need to dress mine up some.....lol Please share if you can.....

Leslie
Old 10-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #2567
Insane Embellisher

Great job ladies! Thanks for the link to the snowman Tic Tacs. I knew I had seen them somewhere and we did make them for our fair - I just didn't know who to give props too!
I just made two of them for Halloween using orange/red tic tacs w/ a pumpkin stamp. Came out really cute - but it won't post on my blog until Friday.
I did post some large acrylic clothespins that I got at T's 6 months ago. If you do visit my blog - just click on the "Craft Fair" label for most of the stuff we will be selling! I gotta get working on my price tags though!
Old 10-28-2009, 01:02 PM   #2568
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Bugga, I would love to see your gift cards, do you have any pictures of them? I need to see if I need to dress mine up some.....lol Please share if you can.....

Leslie
Here are a couple. I hate how the scanner makes things look, and I don't have a camera right now to take a pic.

They both have Stickles that look really sparkly in person. And the green is a lovely color, not washed out like the scan shows:
Attached Thumbnails
giftcardornament.jpg   giftcardpenguin.jpg  

Old 10-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #2569
Forum Fanatic

And, here is a very poor scan of the embossed envie with the present. I did think it was so appropriate for a gift card:
Attached Thumbnails
giftcardenvie.jpg  

Old 10-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #2570
Pearl-ExPert

Does anyone have "Rudolph Spares" packaged so I can see,need a visual,...

Bugga,think I'm going to have to do a Tic Tac run too!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #2571
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbiejo View Post
Does anyone have "Rudolph Spares" packaged so I can see,need a visual,...

Bugga,think I'm going to have to do a Tic Tac run too!!!

I found this one in the gallery....hope it helps some.....

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...dolph%20spares
Old 10-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #2572
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi gals! I've been keeping up with this thread and never posted but I made these gifts tags last night and posted them here this morning.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=140896

I thought you might be interested.
I will be selling them for $1 per tag at our craft sale and packaging them each in their own bag with a ribbon tied at the top - I may second thought the ribbon since it is fiddly - don't like fiddly! hehe!

My Gallery
Proud Dirty Dozen Alumni!
Old 10-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #2573
Kookie Creator

Talking Snowman Kisses

Quote:
Why oh why did you show me this darling thing???

Now I have to make some.

Me too! They are adorable!

I think I will also make some with the green spearmint Tic Tacs and call them............... Frog Prince kisses!

And some with the orange Tic Tacs and call them..... hmmm.......still working on that one!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:08 PM   #2574
Kookie Creator

Following on from my previous post..... and the adorable Snowman kisses..

I've just followed a link to Rochelles blog Impressions and she has used orange Tic Tacs to make Pumpkin Poo! They are tooooo cute!!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #2575
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggette View Post
Hi gals! I've been keeping up with this thread and never posted but I made these gifts tags last night and posted them here this morning.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=140896

I thought you might be interested.
I will be selling them for $1 per tag at our craft sale and packaging them each in their own bag with a ribbon tied at the top - I may second thought the ribbon since it is fiddly - don't like fiddly! hehe!
Your tags are so lovely - just little works of art. Thanks for sharing them with us. I know they will be snapped up at the sale.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #2576
Crimping Master

Quote:
I found this one in the gallery....hope it helps some.....

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...dolph%20spares
Here is the link to the ones that I will be CASE-ing this year....http://crafts.peteandkerry.com/?p=832

LOVE her stuff! I have gotten a ton of inspiration from Kerry!
Old 10-28-2009, 06:00 PM   #2577
Insane Embellisher

I just bought some orange and red tic tacks today and used them as a pumpkin. I had a studio G pumpkin stamp then cut out the circle and they made a nice colorful pumpkin. It will post on my blog on friday though
Old 10-28-2009, 06:33 PM   #2578
Die Cut Diva

I found this page of all kinds of fun poems!
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...030713468.html

(Sorry if this has been posted)

Bonnie
Old 10-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #2579
Glitter Queen

Default stamps

Are the stamping products at local stores (Michael's, Walmart, Joann) comparable to the ones on the websites you talk about? If so, what are the best brands that are at the store? Thanks.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:40 PM   #2580
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicbead View Post
Are the stamping products at local stores (Michael's, Walmart, Joann) comparable to the ones on the websites you talk about? If so, what are the best brands that are at the store? Thanks.
I'm going to jump in with my two cents here. Keep in mind this is just one person's opinion, and everyone has one, lol.

You can find many interesting, good quality stamping products at the stores you mentioned. In fact, most of the products carried by Michael's, Joann, and Hobby Lobby, (if you have one in your town) are great to make cards with.

These stores frequently offer discount coupons and great sales, too. I love clear stamps and Michaels just started carrying a line called Recollections with many, many wonderful sets. Michaels also carries a store brand of wood mounted rubber stamps that are only $1. They are cute, stamp well, and don't break the bank.

I have also shopped at online stamping places and been pleased with the stamps I bought.

One of my pet peeves is the idea that something has to be a "name brand" in order to be worthwhile. Yes, there are lots of name brands that are great. There are also many products that are not well known, don't advertise, are inexpensive and perform very well.

If I like the image that's on a stamp, that's usually why I decide to buy it, whatever brand it may be.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:21 AM   #2581
Pearl-ExPert

I could not agree with you more. I love to stamp but my funds are limited. I think that having only a few stamps, punches and DP that I really like (be it name brand or "other") forces me to be creative.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:57 AM   #2582
Polyshrink Goddess

I agree too. Although I've learned to be more discerning & try to buy with a project in mind. & the kind (acrylic or rubber-mounted) I get depends on the project. I personally like rubber better (full disclosure--SU! demo here!--so I'm also into the coordination of the sets with paper etc) but I've bought the fun little clear ones at Michael's for use on dominos (love the small sizes) but I don't really like how they stamp on paper (kind of blotchy imo).
Old 10-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #2583
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm going to jump in with my two cents here. Keep in mind this is just one person's opinion, and everyone has one, lol.

You can find many interesting, good quality stamping products at the stores you mentioned. In fact, most of the products carried by Michael's, Joann, and Hobby Lobby, (if you have one in your town) are great to make cards with.

These stores frequently offer discount coupons and great sales, too. I love clear stamps and Michaels just started carrying a line called Recollections with many, many wonderful sets. Michaels also carries a store brand of wood mounted rubber stamps that are only $1. They are cute, stamp well, and don't break the bank.

I have also shopped at online stamping places and been pleased with the stamps I bought.

One of my pet peeves is the idea that something has to be a "name brand" in order to be worthwhile. Yes, there are lots of name brands that are great. There are also many products that are not well known, don't advertise, are inexpensive and perform very well.

If I like the image that's on a stamp, that's usually why I decide to buy it, whatever brand it may be.
Another thing to think about, since all of us here like to make things for sale, is the often-restrictive angel policies of many stamp brands found in stores like Mike's or Jo-Ann. In fact, as cute as the stamps were at AC Moore, I quit buying them because the companies whose stamps I liked only let you make few dozen things with each image and that was after you wrote to them for permission with a description of your project.

Now I just stick with my vast array of SU! stamps -- their policy is simple for me to comply with!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 10-29-2009, 10:43 AM   #2584
Gabfest Goddess

These "kiss tents" look easy to make:
http://impressionsbyrochelle.blogspo...s-in-tent.html
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Old 10-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #2585
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
These "kiss tents" look easy to make:
http://impressionsbyrochelle.blogspo...s-in-tent.html
Score! You did it again. How do you find these cute things all the time?

These are cute, cute, cute and what's more simple and quick to make.

I can make these with the bags of nuggets I have left since I decided nugget boxes were way too much trouble.

Thanks for being my personal-great-projects-finder person!

Old 10-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #2586
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via AIM to NancyL2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepatch View Post
Following on from my previous post..... and the adorable Snowman kisses..

I've just followed a link to Rochelles blog Impressions and she has used orange Tic Tacs to make Pumpkin Poo! They are tooooo cute!!!!
I'm a big fan of Rochelle...she has some great ideas on her blog!

Old 10-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #2587
Stampin' Fool

Hello Ladies!
I so enjoy this thread and all the wonderful ideas! I need some experienced advice from some of you. How many items (number) do you think you should have ready for a five hour indoor show with 50 vendors? I'll be the only paper crafter and I want to have plenty but don't want a lot I have to give away after. Kinda tight budget but I want to do the best I can. The Spring show was a bust with no traffic, hoping for better turnout in the Fall. Thanks for your help and blessings to you all!
Old 10-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #2588
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedbygrace View Post
Hello Ladies!
I so enjoy this thread and all the wonderful ideas! I need some experienced advice from some of you. How many items (number) do you think you should have ready for a five hour indoor show with 50 vendors? I'll be the only paper crafter and I want to have plenty but don't want a lot I have to give away after. Kinda tight budget but I want to do the best I can. The Spring show was a bust with no traffic, hoping for better turnout in the Fall. Thanks for your help and blessings to you all!
Hard to say -- enough that your table won't look "picked over" halfway through the show, which will drive customers away because they'll think there's nothing good left. General rule of thumb is that you'll sell 20% to 50% of your inventory. Good luck to you!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 10-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #2589
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Score! You did it again. How do you find these cute things all the time?

These are cute, cute, cute and what's more simple and quick to make.

I can make these with the bags of nuggets I have left since I decided nugget boxes were way too much trouble.

Thanks for being my personal-great-projects-finder person!
Glad you enjoy the little projects I come across, I wish I had enought people to give all of these "godies" to, enjoy making them and sharing with friends.
Proud RAK Member
Old 10-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #2590
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyL2648 View Post
I'm a big fan of Rochelle...she has some great ideas on her blog!
I like her too but she hasn't been posting on her blog lately, hope her hand is all healed and not giving her problems.
Proud RAK Member
Old 10-29-2009, 10:32 PM   #2591
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyDearie View Post
Hey, Lori! Here is the link to the most popular design using a retired "I'm Here" Stampin' Up set. Honestly, all things pink sell better. Maybe cute=girl and they think something else for boys. I have sold some boy colors [light blue or aqua] but sel a ton more of my pink items. The biggest seller: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=94682 and my #2 seller http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=94682 using the Baroque Motifs swirl stamp [that I use for almost everything!]. The 2nd one seems to sell to more arty/out of the box people...in my observations...
**Note, I used to package them [like in #2 pic] but now hang them with baby hangers and a generic gallon ziplock upside down with a slit for the hanger and the zip part cut off. Cheaper on packaging and easier to shop when hanging.
Thanks Amy! Those are precious!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #2592
Duchess of Dork

Hi ladies! I'm loving all the newly posted items you've made! I want to go back & re-read what items seem to sell well, but realize it will vary from place to place. I haven't touched my list of items I was working on for prices. I've been working on 2 sewing orders and am about to throw my machine out the window. I had borrowed my mom's but gave it back so she could have her own machine. Mine is a very cheap Janome, about 1 step above a Sew Mini, and at this point I think the sew mini might do better than mine is doing.

Anyway, I guess God is giving me a chance to work on papercrafts for a couple of days til I see my mom & see if I can borrow her machine again!

Did we ever get the details on the snowman golf balls? I bought some snow paint stuff. It's the only way we get snow in San Antonio! I want to try covering some of the golf balls I had from my dad & see how they go. He works as a golf marshall on the course (his pay is free golfing), so he collects stray balls. I think I'll google golf ball crafts!

Hope to check back in with y'all soon!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:16 PM   #2593
Mad Swapper

Quote:
I'm doing the same as Stacey. Hi Stacey
Old 10-30-2009, 01:39 AM   #2594
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedbygrace View Post
Hello Ladies!
You've hit the nail on the head here. It's all about the advertising, and the subsequent traffic. We tried a fair two years ago. There was a tour of homes leaving from the same parking lot halfway through the fair. There was tons of traffic, and plenty of sales. Last year, there was no tour of homes, and basically, the only traffic was other crafters who were bored sitting at their empty table. We didn't even make back the cost of the table.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:53 AM   #2595
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
I'm doing the same as Stacey. Hi Stacey

Hi Christel!

How are the crafts going? Hope you all are feeling better!

Old 10-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #2596
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Hi Christel!

How are the crafts going? Hope you all are feeling better!
Stacey,

This week has definitely not been a productive one for me. H1N1 hit me hard on Saturday and I was down for 4 days. Now my 5 year old has a fever, cough and runny nose. Not exactly the same as my symptoms. Hopefully my 2 and 1/2 year old and 8 month old can avoid getting sick. It's been a rough week around here.

I am going to try to get some stuff done today though, even if just a little.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:28 AM   #2597
Inking Addict

Default My version of Rudolph Spares

Hi Everyone! Here is what I came up with last night for my rudolph spares. I got the red hots at Winco- 1 pound for $1.55 and 1 pound made 13 bags. I will be selling them for $1.00 each at my upcoming craft fairs.

Check out my blog for a close up pic..

www.scrapadoodledee.blogspot.com
Attached Thumbnails
reindeer-spares-012.jpg  
Old 10-30-2009, 10:06 AM   #2598
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by joleneelektra625 View Post
Hi Everyone! Here is what I came up with last night for my rudolph spares. I got the red hots at Winco- 1 pound for $1.55 and 1 pound made 13 bags. I will be selling them for $1.00 each at my upcoming craft fairs.

Check out my blog for a close up pic..

www.scrapadoodledee.blogspot.com

Very cute!

Old 10-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #2599
Rubber Obsessor

Default Card sets - sell in totes or boxes?

I am planing on putting together some card sets and was wondering whether anyone has compared the sales of sets in totes to sets in boxes?
Old 10-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #2600
Rubber Obsessor

H1N1 got us too [me at 7 months preggers amd my 1-week-away-from-being Two year old]. Still working through the nonsense and seem to be on the upswing!

*Stamps: I would say using stamps NOT at EVRY store is to your benefit. Of course, I am a SU demo, so I am partial. But it is so easy to spot some of the stamps that Michaels/Walmart/JoAnn's have carried for years... Most of the companies keep up with the trends. AND the Angel Policy is a GREAT point! Cover yourself!
*So excited about the Bazaar tomorrow from 9-2. Apparently, this is one of those churches that has done it for years so they have a great following. My first time there. And first "real" bazaar for the year. The others were art festivals or odd office things. This is a more crafter/buyer driven event [hopefully!].
Talk to you soon with an update!