Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #2441
Glitter Queen

Default ohmigosh! thank you to all you contributors

I am doing a monthly craft market to promote my SU business and doing some papercraft sellables to cover table cost so this thread has been amazing to read. Im in New Zealand so my pricing is a bit different and I will have to find some substitutes we dont have here eg nuggets. man you people are lucky to have those cos there are some super ideas about for them.
Keep it ladies and thank you again to all those who have contributed over the years this post has been running.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-18-2009, 07:20 PM   #2442
Rubber Obsessor

Ok gals....I finished my silent auction donation! Whoo hooo!! Some of the things I made I am planning on creating again and selling in a craft show I am in for November. I posted some pictures on my blog to give you an idea. Please don't hesitate to ask me ANY questions about any of the items. Happy Crafting!

Mary
Old 10-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #2443
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieces-of-home View Post
Ok gals....I finished my silent auction donation! Whoo hooo!! Some of the things I made I am planning on creating again and selling in a craft show I am in for November. I posted some pictures on my blog to give you an idea. Please don't hesitate to ask me ANY questions about any of the items. Happy Crafting!

Mary
Hi Mary, I looked at your blog and loved all the things for your auction. I haven't made any primitive things, but love how yours look. I know people will like them a bunch.

I have some kraft paper, at least I can make some tags.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 10-19-2009, 05:39 AM   #2444
Inking Addict

I am so excited [note*also a bit overwhelmed] but I just got into a mini craft show for tomorrow afternoon! I did a craft show last month for this office [of 400 employees] that did pretty good for early season but this time it is in conjunction with a Walk for Children's Miracle Network. So they are walking a lake and then coming back to a church hall for refreshments, vendor fair, etc. So who knows how the sales go but I figure it is another opportunity to get my name and SU into the hands of folks I would never met otherwise AND hopefully sell some gifts, too! Bonus is that my friend works there and had asked for a small donation [I gave a pack of cards, a mini holiday catty, & Magic Reindeer food]. And THAT was the table fee! So no matter what I sell, I am basically out nothing because I would have gave the donation regardless! WAHOO!

However, the "overwhelmed" part comes in because this is my week: Tuesday AM I have MOPS [Mothers of Preschoolers] in which I am a leader; Tuesday afternoon: this mini Craft Show; Wednesday AM: I am doing a tag book class with a home schooled group that got postponed from 2 weeks ago; Thursday night: a Stamp-A-Stack for the Pastor's wives at my church that was postponed from last week; and Saturday: I am having a Christmas Card Stamp-A-Stack & Ordering Specials in honor of my 8th anniversary being an SU demo. Whew! Did I mention I have a 2-weeks-away-from-being 2 year old and another, kicking me constantly, due in January? Overwhelmed..but in a good way!
*note I would normally NEVER book all of this on one week! I try to space events to a max of 2 SU activities a week..however with last minutes and postponements..here we are!
Anyway, thanks for listening..if anyone understands this "trying to find balance", you all would!

Last edited by AmyDearie; 10-19-2009 at 05:43 AM..
Old 10-19-2009, 07:06 AM   #2445
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyDearie View Post
I am so excited [note*also a bit overwhelmed] but I just got into a mini craft show for tomorrow afternoon! I did a craft show last month for this office [of 400 employees] that did pretty good for early season but this time it is in conjunction with a Walk for Children's Miracle Network. So they are walking a lake and then coming back to a church hall for refreshments, vendor fair, etc. So who knows how the sales go but I figure it is another opportunity to get my name and SU into the hands of folks I would never met otherwise AND hopefully sell some gifts, too! Bonus is that my friend works there and had asked for a small donation [I gave a pack of cards, a mini holiday catty, & Magic Reindeer food]. And THAT was the table fee! So no matter what I sell, I am basically out nothing because I would have gave the donation regardless! WAHOO!

However, the "overwhelmed" part comes in because this is my week: Tuesday AM I have MOPS [Mothers of Preschoolers] in which I am a leader; Tuesday afternoon: this mini Craft Show; Wednesday AM: I am doing a tag book class with a home schooled group that got postponed from 2 weeks ago; Thursday night: a Stamp-A-Stack for the Pastor's wives at my church that was postponed from last week; and Saturday: I am having a Christmas Card Stamp-A-Stack & Ordering Specials in honor of my 8th anniversary being an SU demo. Whew! Did I mention I have a 2-weeks-away-from-being 2 year old and another, kicking me constantly, due in January? Overwhelmed..but in a good way!
*note I would normally NEVER book all of this on one week! I try to space events to a max of 2 SU activities a week..however with last minutes and postponements..here we are!
Anyway, thanks for listening..if anyone understands this "trying to find balance", you all would!
Wow, that is a packed schedule for one week! I will be thinking calming thoughts for you.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:19 PM   #2446
Polyshrink Goddess

Bugga I agree! It just depends. I always sell a few pieces of my handmade jewelry at each show along with the paper crafts. It always is nice when a necklace sells. They range from $20 to $45 and when one sells it is exciting! Beckaroni don't be afraid to display some higher priced items. You never know. Just have a good selection of the $15 and under as they sell faster.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #2447
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Mary

mary would you share how to make your "dirty icicle ornies? i won't be selling these. but i would love to use these on top on christmas gift pkgs. what is the "base". twisted paper? foil?
Old 10-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #2448
Insane Embellisher

Location: somewhere between S.K. and waiting for both kids to be in school.

Quote:

Mary
Could you please tell me how you made the golf ball ornaments. Very cute.

Thanks

Gallery
Old 10-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #2449
Duchess of Dork

Ladies, I have ideas of what I want to make for this weekend's little show (it's a neighborhood event & I'll be with a friend at a table). I want this to be a feeler for what people like/don't like, but don't want to go hog wild making things for it.

What I want to do now is compose a list of what people are charging for different items. I'm going to make a list here of the things I can think of that I've seen here or in the gallery. I'll put the price if I've read it here for what y'all charge. If you can add prices to it & add any other items, that would be super. If you are not in the US & want to convert it, I'd be happy to add that. I can make a Word doc with it & post it here, or excel. THanks!

Jumbo Paper clips (4")--$1-1.50

Large Paper Clips (2")---50 cents

Cloth bookmarks---2.50

Cardstock bookmarks (about 8.5 x 2)---

Coaster Calendars (flip open with a tear off calendar on the inside of 2 coasters)---

Birthday calendar (perennial type)---

Pig Wands---

1-2 layer cards with envelope---

3+ layer fancier card w/ env---

Post it holder in cardstock holder---

Post it holder on acrylic frame---

mini comp book---

full size comp book---

Gift tags (please state size & how many for what price)---

Nugget Boxes (how many per box & price)

Apron Recipe Holder

Small Tile Recipe holder

Tile Coaster Set of 4---

Golf Ball ornaments---

Okay, that's all my weary brain can think of for now! LOL!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #2450
Duchess of Dork

Oh, dearie, Amy Dearie! You do have a full schedule! WHat a great opportunity, though. I loved MOPS. I was so sad when we had to graduate! LOL!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #2451
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mama View Post
Ladies, I have ideas of what I want to make for this weekend's little show (it's a neighborhood event & I'll be with a friend at a table). I want this to be a feeler for what people like/don't like, but don't want to go hog wild making things for it.

What I want to do now is compose a list of what people are charging for different items. I'm going to make a list here of the things I can think of that I've seen here or in the gallery. I'll put the price if I've read it here for what y'all charge. If you can add prices to it & add any other items, that would be super. If you are not in the US & want to convert it, I'd be happy to add that. I can make a Word doc with it & post it here, or excel. THanks!

[COLOR=Blue]Jumbo Paper clips (4")--$1-1.50

Cloth bookmarks---2.50

Cardstock bookmarks (about 8.5 x 2)--- (1.50)

Coaster Calendars (flip open with a tear off calendar on the inside of 2 coasters)---

Pig Wands--- (1.00)

Post it holder in cardstock holder---[/COLOR](4.00)

mini comp book---

full size comp book---

Apron Recipe Holder

Small Tile Recipe holder

Tile Coaster Set of 4--- (15.00)

Golf Ball ornaments---

Okay, that's all my weary brain can think of for now! LOL!
Great idea! But we need to keep in mind the area our show is in, and the economic conditions of the town and people who will be attending. Prices can vary from place to place, even in the same city.

Snowman Poop - 1.00

Reindeer Food - 1.00

Snowman Soup - fancy in red metal pail, lots of ribbons, 5.00

Christmas Fudge, Hersheys Decorated, large - 2.50

York Peppermint Patties, 4 in pack, decorated, sparkled, fancy topper with jewel and to/from tag. - 3.00

Old 10-19-2009, 09:58 PM   #2452
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Great idea! But we need to keep in mind the area our show is in, and the economic conditions of the town and people who will be attending. Prices can vary from place to place, even in the same city.

Snowman Poop - 1.00

Reindeer Food - 1.00

Snowman Soup - fancy in red metal pail, lots of ribbons, 5.00

Christmas Fudge, Hersheys Decorated, large - 2.50

York Peppermint Patties, 4 in pack, decorated, sparkled, fancy topper with jewel and to/from tag. - 3.00
THanks Bugga. That's a great point that prices will vary from area to area. I think items that sell well would vary, as well. If I crocheted a bunch of warm winter hats & scarves, I wouldn't make very much money here in South Texas! Unless, of course it happened to be on one of our 10 cold days in the year. LOL!

It will be interesting to me to see what sells here in San Antonio vs. what sells in a more rural area outside of Houston. I don't know what age groups, if there are any specific ones, will be at either event. I guess this year it's live & learn! When I did Pampered Chef booths (and some of my booths I will still have some PC items & catalogs out), there was often a target audience: Bridal Fairs, Home Expo, Homeschool Bookfairs. This is new territory!

For your snowman soup, do you use packaged mixes? After reading about the food & health safety concerns, I'm thinking things like the Peeps Smores jars might not be something that would sell, or even be allowed to be sold, at craft fairs. Then again, that's another regional thing, I guess. I'm sure each city has its own rules about that stuff. So much to learn!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #2453
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
THanks Bugga. That's a great point that prices will vary from area to area. I think items that sell well would vary, as well. If I crocheted a bunch of warm winter hats & scarves, I wouldn't make very much money here in South Texas! Unless, of course it happened to be on one of our 10 cold days in the year. LOL!

It will be interesting to me to see what sells here in San Antonio vs. what sells in a more rural area outside of Houston. I don't know what age groups, if there are any specific ones, will be at either event. I guess this year it's live & learn! When I did Pampered Chef booths (and some of my booths I will still have some PC items & catalogs out), there was often a target audience: Bridal Fairs, Home Expo, Homeschool Bookfairs. This is new territory!

For your snowman soup, do you use packaged mixes? After reading about the food & health safety concerns, I'm thinking things like the Peeps Smores jars might not be something that would sell, or even be allowed to be sold, at craft fairs. Then again, that's another regional thing, I guess. I'm sure each city has its own rules about that stuff. So much to learn!
I'm learning as I go, too. This is the first time I've done craft fairs, and I only have one under my belt, with 4 more to go!

The fairs I am doing are held in large churches, and usually have their own bake sales/luncheons going on in conjunction with the craft fair. I don't think you can expect them to allow you to compete with their baked goods, i.e. batches of cookies for sale in your booth, but I think packaged decorated candy items will be fine.

Which brings up the Snowman Soup questions. There has been quite a discussion about using individually packaged marshmallows, which are hard to find, and kind of expensive. I'm putting mini-marshmallows from a big bag in a small baggie tied with ribbon and including it in my little pail, with a few Hershey's kisses and a pack of Swiss Miss cocoa. And, of course, the candy cane "sitrring stick."

I decided if people at the fair are willing to buy homebaked cookies and cakes, they probably won't object to a few marshmallows that aren't sealed from the factory. We will see. My next fair is November 7and I hope to know a whole lot more after it's over.

I'm really loving doing all this, but have become pretty obsessed, too. I'm beginning to be grumpy about stopping making things to do unnecessary things like cook dinner, do laundry, etc. My hubby thank goodness is being very understanding and patient with me, but the man does need to eat sometimes.

When my friends who don't craft call just to chat about stuff, I find myself thinking (not saying of course), "Don't you understand I don't have time to chat. I have to fill 24 packages with peppermint patties and stamp many snowman faces."

Not to mention it's very, very late and here I am on the computer talking about craft fairs. Sigh.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:16 AM   #2454
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampaholic17 View Post
How much is everyone charging for the jumbo paperclip bookmarks?
I charge $1. I make my butterfly ones by die cutting the shape (twice) out of medium weight chipboard, covering them with patterned paper. I glue them together with Tombow Mono Multi. After they've set I add a threaded button.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:37 AM   #2455
Gabfest Goddess

Does anybody know of a "recipe" for reindeer soup?? Not the real "reindeer", of course!
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Old 10-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #2456
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
When my friends who don't craft call just to chat about stuff, I find myself thinking (not saying of course), "Don't you understand I don't have time to chat. I have to fill 24 packages with peppermint patties and stamp many snowman faces."
LOL!!!! That's EXACTLY what I think, too!
Old 10-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #2457
Matboard Maniac

My CP (craft partner) and I had our first craft fair this past weekend. It was a HUGE fair. We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. It sure was fun though. We each sold about $60 were of stuff each. YOu can check out the pictures on my gallery.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga....php?cat=18280
Thanks for all the help,
Michelle
Old 10-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #2458
Polyshrink Goddess

Michelle, Your booth looks great and so may pretty items! What were your best sellers? Did you sell any of your tile coasters? I stamped 60+ tiles and hope they sell. This is my first year trying coasters. What did you ask for your coasters? My first show is Nov 14th. So much left to do. And still have to decide on prices for my items.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #2459
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennscraft View Post
stampaholic17, I'm sorry, I haven't been online for a little while
When I do my Jumbo Paperclips, I just use one cardstock layer for the front and back and then several layers of decoration (ex. maybe a scallop big circle for the base, with smaller circles and images for decoration on top). Clear as mud? I hope this explains that a bit better. I'm hoping to have some made this week and I'll post them on my gallery. I really keep it simple, since that is more my style
Thanks Jenn, that totally makes sense!

My Blog

Visit My Garden
Old 10-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #2460
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleBowley View Post
My CP (craft partner) and I had our first craft fair this past weekend. It was a HUGE fair. We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. It sure was fun though. We each sold about $60 were of stuff each. YOu can check out the pictures on my gallery.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga....php?cat=18280
Thanks for all the help,
Michelle
Michelle, I looked at all the things in your gallery and left you a comment. Wonderful job, especially for a first fair! Everything looks so pretty and inviting.

Annette

Old 10-21-2009, 05:59 AM   #2461
Pearl-ExPert

Michelle - congrats on your sale. I'll be posting soon on some items I've made for my sale. I thought maybe I'd only have candy items cause that's all I had done and really wasn't working on the other stuff. But I did some awesome gift card holders (well at least I think they are awesome) and some corner bookmarks and tags. Tonight I hope to make these cute cards that hold a pack of hot chocolate (a fellow demo gave me one in a swap and it was a very cute idea I thought). I also saw on a blog on this site some Elf pillows (made with little peppermints), reindeer noses (with red hots but I think I'll use red MM's or both), and of course reindeer and snowman poop and magic reindeer dust. Those things seem to sell so I'm giving them a try. But my cat ate my magic reindeer food the first year we had her, as a kitty, so I have to hide that stuff after I make it. When I made it before, I even put it in a kitchen cupboard which should have been away from her but we found her on the counter trying to open the cupboard. She does that with tootsy pops too (orange is her favorite). Magic reindeer food with cat bits in it doesn't sell very well!

MY GALLERY
Old 10-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #2462
Duchess of Dork

Michelle, I love your set up & all your items! Congrats on a great sale!

Ladies, if you haven't been to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge blog, today she has a cute template for a hot cocoa packet holder that looks like a mug. http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/...ls-mug-of.html I'm thinking that might sell, but I don't think I'd make it as fancy as hers for selling due to costs.

If anyone has more prices to add, I'm working on the list in both a Word file & Excel.

Have a great day!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #2463
Watercolor Wizard

Chef Mama, for your list:

4 Hersheys nuggets, decorated with pattern paper, bagged with stamped and embellished topper and matching gift tag - $3.00.

Similar presentation with doggie and kitty treats, $3.00.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:27 AM   #2464
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Ladies, if you haven't been to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge blog, today she has a cute template for a hot cocoa packet holder that looks like a mug. http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/...ls-mug-of.html
Have a great day!
Cute! I'm going to make a bunch of these for our youth group kids. I know they will love them.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #2465
Duchess of Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Chef Mama, for your list:

4 Hersheys nuggets, decorated with pattern paper, bagged with stamped and embellished topper and matching gift tag - $3.00.

Similar presentation with doggie and kitty treats, $3.00.
THanks!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:24 AM   #2466
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Mary
Geeze Mary, I love your blog. However, i just spent way too much time on it. I had to get through your play list !! I usually turn off the volume when I enter a blog and there is music (or I exit out right away) but You have a great list! thanks for the eye and ear candy.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #2467
SuG
Forum Fanatic

can anyone find the york peppermint patties that are wrapped by folding over the wrap instead of the new bag they are putting them in? I love to make a pattie covered in a stamped scallop - kwim?
Old 10-21-2009, 11:27 AM   #2468
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuG View Post
can anyone find the york peppermint patties that are wrapped by folding over the wrap instead of the new bag they are putting them in? I love to make a pattie covered in a stamped scallop - kwim?
I found some this weekend at Target.....but they were mixed in with the bags of "new" packaging so you might have to look around a bit?
Old 10-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #2469
Crimping Master

Quote:

Ladies, if you haven't been to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge blog, today she has a cute template for a hot cocoa packet holder that looks like a mug. http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/...ls-mug-of.html I'm thinking that might sell, but I don't think I'd make it as fancy as hers for selling due to costs.

If anyone has more prices to add, I'm working on the list in both a Word file & Excel.

Have a great day!
I make the tins with (12) nuggets in them. Sell easily for $5.00....

Post It Note holders made with coasters and Bind It All - $4.00

Covered Tic Tacs - $2.50 - $3.00

Will post if I think of anymore....have a show this weekend so should have a better list for you later!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #2470
Matboard Maniac

Default more items

Jumbo Paper clips (4")--$1-1.50

Cloth bookmarks---2.50

Cardstock bookmarks (about 8.5 x 2)---

Pig Wands---

Post it holder in cardstock holder---

mini comp book---

full size comp book---$5.00

Apron Recipe Holder

Small Tile Recipe holder

Tile Coaster Set of 4---$15.00

Golf Ball ornaments---

Gift Card Holder ---$5.00

Gum Holder ---- $1.00
Old 10-21-2009, 07:52 PM   #2471
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuG View Post
I found them at Target, too, a week or so ago. They were on sale at the time, so I bought 4 big bags. I have been punching lots and lots of scallops.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:34 AM   #2472
SuG
Forum Fanatic

awesome, off to target today! Always looking for a good reason to go there (especially since it is right next to ACMoores)
Old 10-22-2009, 05:54 AM   #2473
Embossing Fanatic

Well, I have 3 fairs scheduled now....Nov 7th, Nov 29th, and Dec 5th....I have been working non stop except for the stuff I have to do on a daily basis!! I think after these are over I will be crafted out for a few weeks!! LOL

I have a question for those who have made mini composition books. How much do you charge? I was thinking $2.50-$3.50, but am not sure. Pricing is always the hardest part for me. I want to make money, but I am afraid if I price too high, nothing will sell. What to do, what to do??

Leslie
Old 10-22-2009, 07:57 AM   #2474
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via AIM to superiorstamper Send a message via Yahoo to superiorstamper

This is for anyone that made the clothespin magnets.......did you sell them?
Old 10-22-2009, 08:50 AM   #2475
Forum Fanatic

How much are you selling cards for? A customer of mine would like to know. She has them in sets of 4.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #2476
Rubber Obsessor

This will be my second craft fair. My first I did during the summer months to promote my business. I am a new demonstrator. Gave out lots of information.

This time I am actually trying to sell cards and non-card items. This is what I have completed so far and adding almost daily:

http://debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.c...20Fair%20Items

I've never posted a link on SCS so I hope that works.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #2477
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfps1 View Post
This will be my second craft fair. My first I did during the summer months to promote my business. I am a new demonstrator. Gave out lots of information.

This time I am actually trying to sell cards and non-card items. This is what I have completed so far and adding almost daily:

Debbie, Your items are all VERY NICE!! They should sell easily!
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Old 10-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #2478
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfps1 View Post

Wow, Debbie, your things are so great. I'm glad I'm not going to be exhibiting at your craft fair - because after the people bought all your lovely things, they would have no money left to come to my booth!

No kidding, everything you posted on your blog is first class work and so appealing. I know you will do well at your fair.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:11 PM   #2479
Kookie Creator

Great job on all your products Debbie! You'll do great!
Old 10-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #2480
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggonecrafts View Post
Great job on all your products Debbie! You'll do great!
Maria, just checked out your crafty blog. Great stuff there. Thanks for the inspiration!