Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #2121
Insane Embellisher

Last year and the year before I sold a lot of Nugget Boxes, Hershey Bars with the Homemade Christmas Fudge poem and a few boxes of thank you notes. This Fall my Mom started her craft shows early and I sold several junior legal pads, key fobs and lavender sachets. Here are links to the sachets and the legal pads. I forgot to take a photo of the key fobs. I was inspired by Heather's sachets here and Michelle Wooderson's jr. legal pads here.

Sachets
Teacher Note Pads

My Blog

Visit My Garden
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #2122
Crimping Master

if you have a dollar tree near you, they sell the cork circles for I think 36 for $1.00 They are in the isle where the brooms etc are.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #2123
Crimping Master

Ellie,LOVE the magnets!!!
buggainok, WOW the dog/cat treats are going to be BIG!!! I can feel it,am going to go and make some notes,just got baggies at Joanne's for the snowman poop,will do treat bags too,have never seen them at a craft show!!!
Cindy,am wiating to hear how the "craft fair" talk went,what you decided to do.

Was at the Goodwill,love to shop there,got a card rack for $5.00,saw a plate holder,3 tiers and did not get it,am going back in the am hope it will still be there,have a 2 tier and with these extra ideas,am going to need another. Think it will be a BIG year for $1.00 items so think small as well as big.
The cork I always buy is self adhesive on a roll at Michaels,with a coupon of course and I always cover the whole bottom of the coaster and it just looks better and like a more quality item,as I mentioned I ask $3.50 each and $14.00 a set,...considering the cost of materials it is a huge money maker for me. I also do clipboards,they are hit and miss,but if I don't have to color,just stamp I charge $8.00,otherwise I charge $10.00. These sell well at my work,I'm a nurse. Not as well to the general public. The sheet idea is so great,I use either a solid forest green or dk eggplant tablecloth,pushed all the way forward, making it floor length and have used shoe boxes to elevate my baskets under the table cloth. Have sprayed my card rack and plate holders black for continuity of color and less distraction.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #2124
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsrlb View Post
if you have a dollar tree near you, they sell the cork circles for I think 36 for $1.00 They are in the isle where the brooms etc are.
TFS I will check that out. Much better that the 12 for 1.57 that Lowes are out of.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #2125
Gabfest Goddess

I don't know if these would sell but they sure are cute, cupcake socks:
http://creativepad.typepad.com/creat...-tutorial.html

Scroll down for the video.
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
Old 09-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #2126
Polyshrink Goddess

Yes I went to a differant Lowes today and no cork! I did buy 4 more boxes of tiles! I will also have to check out Joannes. Went to a starving artist festival and found 2 differant ladies selling cards but no tile coasters. Booth space for the 2 day festival was I think they said 115. They both said sales were good but didn't say how good. The busiest booth was 2.50 a card or 10 for 20.00 and she also had paper bag scrap books but I didn't get to see the price on them. I have seen her at this show before and great cards. The other lady it was her first time and her cards were also nice and had 2.00 or 2.50 on hers. They were all the small A2 size. I would be afraid to only offer just cards with a booth price that high. The highest I have paid for space is $80 for a 2 day show. Besides the paper craft and cards I also do beaded jewelry and stamp on glass candle votive holders. I will try to find some pics to upload.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #2127
Polyshrink Goddess

I found the pics of my last craft show from December 2008 that show some of my other craft items and tried to upload 3 of them and tried twice and not having any luck.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #2128
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
I don't know if these would sell but they sure are cute, cupcake socks:
http://creativepad.typepad.com/creat...-tutorial.html

Scroll down for the video.
Oh my gosh! Those are just the cutest things ever. I watched the video, and they look really simple to assemble. Off to buy baby socks tomorrow, and I don't even have any babies.

Thanks for finding this and sharing it.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 09-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #2129
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampaholic17 View Post
Last year and the year before I sold a lot of Nugget Boxes, Hershey Bars with the Homemade Christmas Fudge poem and a few boxes of thank you notes. This Fall my Mom started her craft shows early and I sold several junior legal pads, key fobs and lavender sachets. Here are links to the sachets and the legal pads. I forgot to take a photo of the key fobs. I was inspired by Heather's sachets here and Michelle Wooderson's jr. legal pads here.

Sachets
Teacher Note Pads
Your sachets are beautiful, and I love how they look all piled up together with the lovely colors.

I love your little notepads, too. I've made some of these for my craft fair coming up. Can you tell me how much you charge for them? I'm including a matching color pen, too.

Thanks.

PS I agree, Michelle Wooderson is an amazing person. I have no idea how she makes all the wonderful things she does, teaches part-time, and chases after two busy daughters.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:02 AM   #2130
Stazon Splitcoast

I have participated in my work's holiday craft show, for which the table fee is a mere $10. It's only for lunchtime and a short period in the afternoon and the shoppers are exceptionally tight with their spending. In past years, with quite a variety of items, I've only made $60 at most! It's a lot of toting and time for little return, but I do love making things and have the leftovers for gifts.

This year, I decided to take a different approach...I sent the group that organizes the event a proposal that, if they would waive my table fee (not that it was painful), I would put the "craft" back into the holiday craft fair.

I will have nice gift tags for everyone to make for $1, with all proceeds going to our charity of the year. (Of course, these aren't even designed yet.) So, I am donating my time and materials. I won't be selling anything, but I will have a sign up (think new contacts) for a drawing for a nice box of tags and will have my business cards and class info available.

For those who want to make more than a tag, I will offer that they can make a card for $1 to either take home or leave with me for donation to our Syracuse area Ronald McDonald House. That money will go toward my expenses and any overage will go to the day's charity.

I'm sharing this just to give a different sort of idea for demos who might be participating in shows.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:27 AM   #2131
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Your sachets are beautiful, and I love how they look all piled up together with the lovely colors.

I love your little notepads, too. I've made some of these for my craft fair coming up. Can you tell me how much you charge for them? I'm including a matching color pen, too.

Thanks.

PS I agree, Michelle Wooderson is an amazing person. I have no idea how she makes all the wonderful things she does, teaches part-time, and chases after two busy daughters.
Thank you! I charge $3 for the note pads and the sachets. Good luck with your show!

My Blog

Visit My Garden
Old 09-14-2009, 06:24 AM   #2132
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhb1281 View Post
I found the pics of my last craft show from December 2008 that show some of my other craft items and tried to upload 3 of them and tried twice and not having any luck.
I believe you are not allowed to upload pictures on Sunday unless you are a fan club member.
Proud RAK Member
Old 09-14-2009, 06:36 AM   #2133
Kookie Creator

I made a bunch of "Snowman Soup" this weekend...such fun! These sold out QUICK last year at my Fairs - hoping they sell well this year too.

Here is a link to photos of this years version of SNOWMAN SOUP:

http://crafts.peteandkerry.com/?p=713

Old 09-14-2009, 07:07 AM   #2134
Mad Swapper

I've subscribed to this thread a LONG time ago ~ and I'm not even sure if I've posted on it or not. But here I go.

I know when I lived in CA these were big sellers - I'm not sure how they will go over here but my DD wanted to give it a try.

She's made the silk flower pens. She did not know what to put them in so I gave her an old urn that I was getting rid of and we filled it with birdseed (that I can re-use) and she stuck them in there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her.

And thanks everyone for the awesome ideas!
Attached Thumbnails
pens.jpg  
Old 09-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #2135
Watercolor Wizard

Joeknee, love your dd's flower pens. And what a great display idea. I'll bet she sells them all. I think $1 items will go quickly in this economy!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:30 AM   #2136
Mad Swapper

Thank you. I hope she does too ~ teenagers are always needing money for something
Old 09-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #2137
Hardware Hotshot

Those pens are cute! I bet they'll sell very well!

I like the snowman soup too. Did you buy the mugs like that or did you use rubons?
Old 09-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #2138
Gabfest Goddess

JoeKnee, your Mom's flowers are very pretty!
Proud RAK Member
Old 09-14-2009, 10:35 AM   #2139
Mad Swapper

Oh, thank you. She's going to put some at the craft fair we are doing. She's got butterflies too. When Mom started with the flowers she did it because I didn't want to pay so much for the ones thru SU. Then when my dear friend Betty (stampininky53) came over she said "oh you should make butterflies" so Mom found a butterfly pattern.

No Betty said she needs to make snowflakes. Mom's been looking for a pattern but those are pretty involved. They help supplement her income. I've got some clips at the dollar store and I'm going to glue some on there for her - I thought that those might sell at the fair too, you know for younger girls.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:40 PM   #2140
Mad Swapper

Need to subscribe to this thread! Lots of great ideas here.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #2141
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantala40 View Post
I made a bunch of "Snowman Soup" this weekend...such fun! These sold out QUICK last year at my Fairs - hoping they sell well this year too.

Kerry, these are so cute!! Just love 'em!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #2142
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Kerry these are adorable! Sorry I can't help with the sealant question though. I have done snowman soup in the past in a tin but really like the mugs. Good thing to look for at the Dollar Tree.

My Blog

Visit My Garden
Old 09-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #2143
Polyshrink Goddess

So many cute ideas! Love those cupcakes, snowman soup and flower pens!! Well I uploaded 3 pics of my last craft show set up tonight and they were promptly deleted. Apparantly the rules for what can be uploaded have changed since last year. It was a little frustrating as I have dialup (a very slow process to upload pics) and had tried for 2 nights in a row 45 min ea night and not be able to share them with you ladies.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #2144
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
So many cute ideas! Love those cupcakes, snowman soup and flower pens!! Well I uploaded 3 pics of my last craft show set up tonight and they were promptly deleted. Apparantly the rules for what can be uploaded have changed since last year. It was a little frustrating as I have dialup (a very slow process to upload pics) and had tried for 2 nights in a row 45 min ea night and not be able to share them with you ladies.
Well, shoot! I'm sorry we don't get to see your stuff. Thanks for trying so hard.

By the way, about the baby sock cupcakes - I checked tonight, and even at Walmart, the ruffled cute socks are kind of pricey, $4.00 for two pairs. I think I would need to be sure of my market before I made a bunch of them, cute though they are.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #2145
Crimping Master

I'm so excited,....got new stamps and according to my small amt of researce Inkadinkadoo stamps can be used for craft sales,...got 4 sets today and thought I had read that they were ok but I wanted to be sure. Looked up angel policys here and found the same info in 2 spots,...could not find it on there web site however. AAAAAHHHHHH!!
Sigh of relief and I'm not looking any more,if the stamp police knock at my door,...I'll see if they want to buy some home made craft projects!!!
Projects to be done are those SSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cute dog and cat treats from Buggainok,...some simple Christmas and Thanksgiving cards. Once I finish my clipboards.
Sooo many stamps sooo little time.
Am pooped so off to bed.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #2146
Cardstock Collector

Talking

[QUOTE=tuesdayswife;12098270]

I would really like to have clear bottles (no belly bands) but it's a PITA getting the sticky stuff from the labels off!!!!

QUOTE]

I know I'm responding about a year later, but I just now bumped into this thread and have been reading it page by page for a about a week now. haha Anywho, I spray that orange goo gone (or whatever the name of it is), let it sit for a while and then take an old Brillo pad to it. The adhesive comes right off. Then I wash the outside of the bottle with that new Dawn FOAM for dishes. That stuff is awesome.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:57 AM   #2147
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
I don't think the rules have changed, you could always contact someone and ask them for help, they are very helpful the times I've asked. I did check your gallery and viewed some of your craft show pictures you have on there from last year, WOW...impressive!
Proud RAK Member
Old 09-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #2148
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via AIM to jamiehurley

Quote:

Kerry, I am going to say try Mod Podge on a test one and send it through the dishwasher, if it comes off, then I am not sure it will withstand hand washing either. I am not sure if the Mod Podge heats up and melts or if it stays on in hot temps. Or what about painting some crystal effects over it? Just some thoughts....
Old 09-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #2149
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
I don't think the rules have changed, you could always contact someone and ask them for help, they are very helpful the times I've asked. I did check your gallery and viewed some of your craft show pictures you have on there from last year, WOW...impressive!
Thanks for visiting my gallery and the nice comment. I did get a PM with helpful instructions that I will try later. She said the pics I tried to upload to the gallery last night did not give enough of a close up view of the individual crafts items and therefore were deleted. I will try to take more closeups this year to share.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #2150
Crimping Master

Default No Kill Animal Shelter Fundraiser

Last October, my friend and I participated in a craft show for a local animal shelter. 10% of our proceeds went to the fund for the shelter. Thought that I would share some pix.....

Normally I don't display everything in baskets, but my co-table is a Longerberger consultant, so we decided to advertise her stuff as well!

Made a lot of "puppy" themed items which sold very well, but the Halloween items were best sellers. Pix are a little "wonky"...and there wasn't much room, so we had to squish everything together!

100_1581.jpg This is the winner of the costume contest....his name is Kirby!

100_1570.jpg

100_1574.jpg

Best of luck in your shows this year....I have 4 coming up that I am working on. Will post more pictures as I play around with my layouts and tables. I have more individual pix of my stuff for this year on my blog if you are interested....

Beth

Last edited by kaitysmom; 09-16-2009 at 10:23 AM..
Old 09-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #2151
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Boy if I could sell a set of 4 for $35 I would surely put on my dancing shoes and do a big happy dance!! Maybe I should go look for some organdy bags! Maybe I will start out at $12 or $14 for a set to test the waters here in Ohio. Anyone doing any show in Ohio this fall??
You asked about a week ago - sorry I'm a little behind right now. Anyway, all my shows are in Ohio (cincinnati). I'm doing about 4 I think, they're all with my mom, so she handles the scheduling and stuff.

Anyway, this is my first year with papercrafts and can't wait to see how it turns out. I really need to get my butt in gear though and actually get things finished!
Old 09-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #2152
Mad Swapper

Oh Beth ~ that's awesome about the donations. Right now we are looking for a puppy and we have gone to countless shelters. Most are kept up, but there is a lot that are pretty bad. Great job!! I'll take a peek at your blog, it's been a couple of day's
Old 09-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #2153
Matboard Maniac

Beth-

I was looking at your blog and came across the "book thong"! That is too funny. I will have to make some for my upcoming fair!

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Old 09-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #2154
Rubber Obsessor

hi beth - I, too, checked out your blog (mine's way more neglected than yours) and LOVED the book thong - can you post the directions here??
thanks so much - carole
PS - your work is wonderful and I'm doing a show to help our shelter too
Old 09-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #2155
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Well I uploaded 3 pics of my last craft show set up tonight and they were promptly deleted..
Did you remember to change the file name on your computer to something unique before uploading? To keep things tidy in the gallery there's a regular automatic scan for duplicates, and if your file name is the same as something that's already there... *poof* your image is gone.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 09-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #2156
Crimping Master

Default Book Thong - Directions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancincz View Post
hi beth - I, too, checked out your blog (mine's way more neglected than yours) and LOVED the book thong - can you post the directions here??
thanks so much - carole
PS - your work is wonderful and I'm doing a show to help our shelter too
Thanks for peeking at my blog! Somehow, doing a craft show for the fur-babies means so much more! Right? Although, I came home with another dog last year!

Here are the directions...I am new to beading (but loving it) and they were easy for me to follow. I think I might have gotten the info from this thread last year?

Anyway - enjoy them! They were a good seller in the past!!

Book Thong and Poem.doc

Take Care -
Beth
Old 09-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #2157
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeknee View Post
Oh Beth ~ that's awesome about the donations. Right now we are looking for a puppy and we have gone to countless shelters. Most are kept up, but there is a lot that are pretty bad. Great job!! I'll take a peek at your blog, it's been a couple of day's
When you come up for the swap, you should take a few minutes to check out our shelter.....we have rescued 2 dogs from there....both are wonderful animals!
Old 09-17-2009, 06:05 AM   #2158
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to ms.rhetta
Default Rubber stamp manufacture

Does any one have Michells email? I'd like to know where she got the stamp.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:24 AM   #2159
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Yahoo to ms.rhetta

[QUOTE=cvansluys;15101893Anyone have any suggestions, comments or ideas how to make this work and keep a friendship in tack?[/QUOTE]

Ok, I have a ouple of ideas.

1. Go into this as a business proposition, be clear up front that the friendship is precious to you, however this venture is strickly business.
2. Sit down and decide how things are going to be set up and how you will deal with finances. I suggest a note book where you can list and heck off what each of you has sold.
3. Take good notes, remember this is supposed to be fun, don't over think it.

I hope this helps!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #2160
Inking Addict

SCRABBLE TILE PENDANTS:
I did a search on here and it didn't come up but I am sure someone is selling them.
I have made about 20 of them and wondering what a good ballpark might be to sell them at... especially, if you have had luck already selling them.
I am having a sheer ribbon "string" on them but just tying, no links or whatever. So main expense is just the tile and bail on back..and, of course, time..but no one pays for that, right!?
Thanks!
AmyD