Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2006, 04:04 PM   #81
Matboard Maniac

Question

Hi Everyone!
This is a great thread. My church has two bazaars a year and I have gotten great ideas for a craft booth for the August Summer Festival. I am considering donating some filled paint cans to the gift basket booth. Any suggestions on what to fill them with?
Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-20-2006, 07:21 AM   #82
Rubber Obsessor

Default lunch box tins

HolyTeror,

I sold one of the lunch box tins at a fair in March. I had it set up as a Card organizer but the lady that wanted it, wanted it to be for recipes. The fair was two days long so I took it home and she came back the next day. I changed it from saying cards to saying recipes. And then I changed the inserts so that they were alphabetical tabs. I charged $15 but then having to take it home I charged her $3 more. I think that I should have charged more because those really do take a lot of time. And the tins cost so much as it is.

I had one other tin there but it didn't sell. I'm planning on trying again at some fairs this fall.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:45 PM   #83
Matboard Maniac

that's not bad....i had someone take one of my own "tester" neck coolers...she wanted it for her husband.

these tins sound great...i'm going to have to try making one!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:07 AM   #84
Insane Embellisher

I have been selling my stuff at craft shows now for 5 years or so and have never found a consistent "best seller"! So, I always have a ton of everything and take it from one show to another but I always seem to do relatively well. I have scissor-cut stuff in addition to my hand stamped cards and gifts. I am gearing up for the fall shows now and thought I would take a gander and see if I could come up with something new! In the meantime...here are the stamping things I have:

Individual cards in clear envelopes in a 94 pocket card spinner organized by category - $2 or 4 for $7
Card sets of 4 with envelopes - set of 4 for $7
Tumbled marble tile coasters with adhesive felt feet (I used to cut cork sheeting and adhered it with gorilla glue until I discovered the felt feet...a "duh" moment for me!) - set of 4 for $12 (snowflakes and snowmen seem to sell the best)
Exploding albums (I will have to dig up the directions for these and post a pic of one...when I do, I will post it here) - $5 each (I usually sell out of these)
Domino magnets (mostly Quirky Alpha letters with a decorative element like polkadots or flowers) - $1 each (sell like hotcakes!)
2" tile magnets (miscellaneous images) - $1 each
Notepad portfolios - $7 each

Thinking of adding composition/mini composition books and maybe some magnetic calendar things and maybe some of the snowman soup/Christmas fudge type of things. I have several shows planned and will report back here what sells! Thanks for a great thread!
Old 07-20-2006, 06:38 PM   #85
Gallery Gazer

I have been sitting here taking notes for an hour. What a great thread this is. I sell lunchbox tins with 2 cards, a dollar store notebook, and an RSVP pen for $15. I also have sold a few lunch box tins with month dividers for a baby's first year. I charge twenty five for those because I embellish all of the 24 cards I put in there. For the person asking about selling tins on ebay. I think it depends how much you sell, if you offer insurance, if you post lots of pictures with it. I put two up and started the price at 10 , and I only sold one at 15. It was the first time I had tried to sell anything though. I like craft sales better. Thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread. My DH will be sooo happy I need to try more crafts
Old 07-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #86
Stampin' Fool

What a creative bunch of women here.

Thank you for some ideas. I make gifts for family and friends. I just started my list last night and now I have even a couple more ideas.

I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.

Harry S. Truman
Old 07-28-2006, 07:33 PM   #87
Compulsive Stamper

Big sellers for me have been the tiles in November.

The first year I started, was selling my cards in stationery folders (made a folder out of a sheet of paper, couple of eyelets and ribbons). The folders were the main reason people were buying them so changed to individual cards and now none of the cards ever seem to sell. Will have to rethink this one or get fancier (was trying to make too many cards with little embellishments).
Old 07-29-2006, 09:09 AM   #88
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkylady
My best sellers:

Cards @ $2 each or 6/$10 - All occasion and thank you sold the best!

Lemonade gift @ $1.50 - barely banana folded like a matchstick cover or a pack of koolaid lemonade. The front cover had a lemon stamped on it and the words "if life gives you lemons..." from country comfort - Sold ALOT of these.

Christams Fudge gift @ $2.00 - this was in papercraft magazine and also posted on this site, a funny poem about having no time at christmas which you tie to a candy bar (your "homemade" christmas fudge!) I sold out of these.

HTH
What was the date for the paper craft magazine? I would like to find it.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:15 PM   #89
Hardware Hotshot

Every time I do a fair, I learn more and add to my inventory. Last spring I added sets of 10 cards (mini - 3.25 x 5) for 12.00 These cards are simply decorated and I use jewelry boxes with plastic covers for them. I thought about making my own boxes, but I can get these cheaply and save my labor time for actually crafting.
I also added journal jars/decorated comp notebook combination. I want to have more of these for holiday fairs as it is a good gift - sold those for 15.00
I also took paper mache boxes, painted them, added filler and mixed and matched different items for larger gifts. Those were priced 8.00 (small), 10.00 (med) and 15.00 (large). I didn't cellophane wrap them in the spring but I'd like to this fall - think it will look better.
I splurged on a card spinner for displaying cards and it made a HUGE difference. Makes the look of things more professional and its easier for several people to browse at once.

Laura

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Old 07-29-2006, 02:36 PM   #90
Stampin' Fool

What is a card spinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraos
Every time I do a fair, I learn more and add to my inventory. Last spring I added sets of 10 cards (mini - 3.25 x 5) for 12.00 These cards are simply decorated and I use jewelry boxes with plastic covers for them. I thought about making my own boxes, but I can get these cheaply and save my labor time for actually crafting.
I also added journal jars/decorated comp notebook combination. I want to have more of these for holiday fairs as it is a good gift - sold those for 15.00
I also took paper mache boxes, painted them, added filler and mixed and matched different items for larger gifts. Those were priced 8.00 (small), 10.00 (med) and 15.00 (large). I didn't cellophane wrap them in the spring but I'd like to this fall - think it will look better.
I splurged on a card spinner for displaying cards and it made a HUGE difference. Makes the look of things more professional and its easier for several people to browse at once.

Laura

I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.

Harry S. Truman
Old 07-29-2006, 02:58 PM   #91
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamper4armyman
What is a card spinner?
I'm guessing it's a display rack like you see in stores.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 07-29-2006, 03:20 PM   #92
Glitter Queen

If you ladies haven't seen them yet, Target dollar spot has their new crop of merchandise out as of a couple of weeks now. There are mini lunch boxes the same turquoise color as the punch box's from SU. I keep threatening to make a tag box, but no time yet!
Old 07-29-2006, 04:12 PM   #93
Hardware Hotshot

Yep, a card spinner is a display rack.

Laura

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Old 07-29-2006, 06:07 PM   #94
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraos
Yep, a card spinner is a display rack.

Laura
I got mine from Display Warehouse. Click on the link above for their different styles. I got the 96 pocket one and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! My sales doubled as soon as I got it!
Old 08-01-2006, 01:36 PM   #95
Embossing Fanatic

This has been great! Thanks to all of you for sharing ideas. I did my first craft shows last year and plan to do more this year. I am wanting to do some things differently, so thanks for the tips.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #96
Cardstock Collector

I am new to the group and would like to know how to make the exploding album. Can anyone help?
Old 08-01-2006, 09:04 PM   #97
Embossing Fanatic

Default selling card organizer tins...

If selling these tins as card organizers by subject (Get Well, B-Day etc.) would you include cards or just the dividers.

If yes how many of each style?

macstamper
Old 08-04-2006, 06:54 AM   #98
Matboard Maniac

Can't wait to get started!!
Old 08-05-2006, 11:59 PM   #99
Matboard Maniac

What wonderful ideas ladies! Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:17 AM   #100
Rubber Obsessor

Hi ladies,
Just wanted to say I have sold 7 of these now. The lunch tins decorated...
I don't put any dividers in them, I let them pick out 15 cards, only 1 wanted to pick them out, the others, said just do me an assortment. They have been going great, as soon as I bring one in for someone, another person says" you make these????. Just a thought... I charge $50.00 for them (tin plus 15 cards) they love them. They haven't been blinking an eye at the $50, another lady wants 2 more down the road.... Dana
Old 08-06-2006, 07:06 AM   #101
Glitter Queen

I would like to know the Milk carton too!

Thank

Kammiej
Old 08-06-2006, 07:10 AM   #102
Glitter Queen

Default Milk Carton

I just sent the reply for the Milk carton, but I forgot to give my e-mail.

Kammiej
jacobs@fuse.net
Old 08-06-2006, 05:23 PM   #103
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to SweetHeidiJo

I am doing a craft fair in November and this year will be my first selling glitter bulbs. I really do think they will go well though! They have been a hit with everyone in my family and I have friends asking for them too! I am charging $3.00 each, which I think is reasonable, especially when I would pay that much for them being the cheapskate that I am. They are sooooo easy and so completely cheap that the profits are way up there! Hobby Lobby has their ornaments on sale this week for half off. You can get a box of 12 for $2.00 (on sale). Then all you need is re-inker, which I'm sure most of you have, and boy does that stuff go a long way!!! And a bottle of silver or gold glitter. Hobby Lobby puts their glitter on sale often too. When it is on sale youi can get it for $1.50. One bottle probably does at least 2 boxes of ornaments. I am adding ribbon on the top of mine but you can get that next to nothing when HL puts that on sale too. Geez, can you tell I shop at Hobby Lobby!?! Anyway, in the end you are making at least $25.00 profit from one box of ornamets, if not $30.00. And if anyone wants instructions just see the bulbs on page 2 of my gallery.

By the way, I love this thread! I am going to try some of the smaller things that I hadn't thought of before!
Old 08-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #104
Glitter Queen

Can you please let me know how you did the micro-beaded pens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sml1170
I just did a craft fair this past weekend and the best sellers were micro-beaded pens ($1.50), marble magnets (.50) and decorate pillow boxes ($1.50) made up and ready for gift to be put in them. I cheated on these, though. CTMH has them in packages of 10 for $4 (I think) so I bought those instead of making them myself and decorated them with a jumbo wheel, ribbon and tag. We also sold candy cane seeds for $1.00.

I thought my coasters would go over real well but no such luck, plus my tile magnets. People seemed to like the acrylic frame post it note holder but no one bought them. Thankfully, I didn't over make anything so I wasn't left with too many extras, except my tile magnets and coasters. But I can give those out as door prizes or Christmas gifts.

HTH, Good luck.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:42 PM   #105
Glitter Queen

I am sorry, I forgot to give you my e-mail. I wanted to know how to do the micro-breaded pens.

jacobs@fuse.net

Thanks again,

Kammiej
Old 08-08-2006, 08:15 PM   #106
Rubber Obsessor

Location: In the Great White North Eh!humour from the moose on brother bear.

Love all this info thanks ladies another quick and probably asked todeath question but you just buy tumbles tiles and just stamp away any sealer one questions was does it absorb the water like some coasters do-myself i did not know that they do that but these are the questions thanks again ladies
Old 08-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #107
Inking Addict

You should sell cards
Anywhere from $3-$5 based on effort. Also, if you have humorous stamps, make sure to make lots of humorous cards, everytime I participate in my craft sales, those are the first to go! Who can refuse a little humor?
Old 08-09-2006, 01:46 PM   #108
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to jodeeashe

I am so glad I found this site! I've been reading all the fun ideas here for an hour or two now taking notes!
I've done craft shows for years, but this will be my first year as a demonstrator so I decided everything I sell will have something to do with SU weither it's a card or tag with it or whatever!
I'd love to share some ideas with anyone on things to sell. I'm making a bunch of non-breakable orniments. so far I have the little tag shaped chocolate holders (tag punch on each side with a base making it a triangle just big enough to hold a hershey's nugget) I turned these into orniments by adding silver cord at the top! Plus I made some that I numbered 1-25 so you can have a chocolate a day doing your count down to christmas! (this idea I'm giving my grandma for christmas since it's just a little sweet each day )
I've also made up some 3d paper tea cups that I'm debating what to do with... maybe the snowman soup or something.
A friend of mine showed me a cute little card that had a hole punch in one side so that it fit over a bottle of soda or water... then it had a pouch in the other half to hold either a drink mix or treat. I think that's a wonderful idea!
sooo many ideas, so little time!
JoDee
jodee@crusaderteck.net
Old 08-11-2006, 06:41 AM   #109
Compulsive Stamper

Smile

I did a craft fair last year and it was great! Sold half my inventory which I guess is pretty good according to the "regulars". People loved my dry erase note tiles! =) Sold them for $10 each and sold 160 or so of them!
Here's the link...

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=15891
Old 08-11-2006, 11:05 AM   #110
Compulsive Stamper

Smile Instructions...

Here's instructions for my dry erase message boards...I've never posted an attachment so we'll see if this works...
Attached Files
File Type: doc Tile instructions.doc (26.5 KB, 2753 views)
Old 08-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #111
Cardstock Collector

I do a lot of local craft sales. I have just started making cards. My question is: How do you display your cards. I recently found this group and it has been wondeful. I don'y have any stamps and I am really wanting some. Is there one maker better than another?

Thanks
Rachel
Old 08-14-2006, 11:27 AM   #112
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Yahoo to SweetHeidiJo
Talking

Bumping this back to the top!

Melsewell, that is such an awesome idea! Will have to try that one for sure!

Birdnest, getting ready to pm you!
Old 08-14-2006, 03:12 PM   #113
"Hot Love" Margarita Mingler

Send a message via Yahoo to DawnMaries

I have my first show coming up in two weeks!!!I am selling cards for $2 .
I also made some of those gift bags for $2.50.I plan on taking orders for christmas cards,too. Or baby announcements, invitations---have a bunch of samples in a book to pick from.I am excited--crossing my fingers this is all worth my time!!!!Can't wait--will let you know what happens
Thanks
dawn

Luke Bryans #1 Fan Mingler

" When you blame and criticize others, you are avoiding some truth about yourself." ~ Deepak Chopra ~
Old 08-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #114
Pearl-ExPert

great ideas

“So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.”
Old 08-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #115
Polyshrink Goddess

melsewell - Where did you find all the stands for the tiles ?
Old 08-15-2006, 06:29 AM   #116
Cardstock Collector

This is my first post!!! I just joined splitcoaststampers this week. You ladies are awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing your ideas!!! I have volunteered to organize a craft fair for our High School PTSA. I will have a booth too. I plan on making cards, etc.

Has anyone made mini scrapbooks to sell? I thought of making some and including adhesive so they could finish their albums quickly. What do you think? Has anyone sold these?

The craft fair is on November 18 in Haltom City, TX. I need to get to work!!! Yikes!!!
Deborah
Old 08-24-2006, 01:38 PM   #117
Matboard Maniac

I love those wipe and write tiles! So cute.

Annetta
Old 09-23-2006, 08:58 AM   #118
Pearl-ExPert

bump for the Christmas craft fairs.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Old 09-24-2006, 06:17 AM   #119
Polyshrink Goddess

These two projects would be wonderful for craft fairs!
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...623&perpage=48

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...26278&cat=3444
Old 09-24-2006, 10:56 AM   #120
Pearl-ExPert

What a great idea. I liked the color me kits but I like how the two crayons match the paper even more.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson