Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #6201
Matboard Maniac

I did a farmers market last year. It was a lot of work, and a big time commitment, and I didn't make enough of a profit to justify doing it again. Most of the shoppers there were looking for produce only. I think you get a different crowd at every market, though. I live in a small town, but I've been to markets in larger cities that had a pretty even mix of agricultural booths and artisan booths.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #6202
Glitter Queen

Hi so this year was my first year at doing craft fairs and I was wondering how you guys make it too such big numbers as I only made 80 before booth fee at each fair my goal is too make it pass 100 at each fair next year any tips
Old 12-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #6203
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to lori92760

maybe your items are priced too low? i think i have too much on my table and maybe its confusing (well, really how confusing can a craft be, but as you can tell from this thread, we do lots of explaining!) i think cards are a harder sell, but others have great success with them. where are you located?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #6204
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I think the thing with cards is... you need a bigger variety... making 10 versions of the same card is not that exciting as seeing 10 very different cards...

So although I only "do" cards and tags... they are all different, only some a very few of the gift tags are similar. the cards are all OOAK ( one of a kind ) and they are priced accordingly since they are all different sizes they all have different price tags.

ETA and I used to teach rubber stamping how to classes in a local store that has since folded. and so, I have a following of people here who know who I am because of it. ( I'm not a demo, never have been I just like to play)

So, I think if you were a card maker I would mix up your card sizes and what you offer before you say cards don't sell. they do. they do very well actually but, not every person will love every card... so do different styles. some CAS some lumpy as all get out. horse trade for images, borrow stamps from your local friends. go to yard sales and discover old stamps that are not on every chain stores shelf in your town

and make sure those people know you made those cards... people always tell me how talented I am to have drawn such varied designs and I always correct them with these were done with rubber stamps... I just like to color.
I think that is a draw for me to. ( I am not making a bunch of die cut with a plug in electronic machine type cards either. )

Last edited by JBgreendawn; 12-12-2012 at 06:46 PM..
Old 12-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #6205
Glitter Queen

I'm located in bc Canada and I do find cards harder to sell but I want to try to sell more hot chocolate packs candy items and such
Old 12-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #6206
FiP
Rubber Obsessor

I am commonly making about $40 after booth fees. Cards don't usually sell very well, and mine are all one of a kind, priced at $2 each. However, I did my first 'handmade only' market last weekend, and I sold between 30 and 40 cards and made more than $100 after fees. Sadly, that is the last time that market is there - moving and bumped up their prices!! My prices are low and the table is FULL (note to self - don't make so much variety in future!) I don't have any answers as to how to do better sales. I am so jealous of these people who make hundreds of dollars. Right place, right time, right crowd and right product, I guess.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:46 AM   #6207
Matboard Maniac

JB greendawn, do you stamp a sentiment on the inside of your cards? I am curious because I make pretty cards, usually one of a kind (even the notecard sets I do are one of a kind, but coordinated in color and paper design) and sell very few at craft fairs. I have a rack and they are protected by a plastic sleeve that opens to reveal the inside, which is usually blank, but may be stamped on the edge to coordinate with the front. They generally have quite a bit of stamping and coloring on them, so I don't feel they are machine generated even though I do use my Big Shot to cut trims or to emboss the backgrounds. I get lots of positive comments, but few sales. This year, I reduced them to 3 for $5 or $2 each, which is like giving them away. That also includes a matching envelope which is sometimes stamped on the flap or in a corner to coordinate. So, I can totally relate to what these other ladies are saying. My tags are done the same way, as are my gift cards, etc. I have never made sets of cards, other than the notecards (set of 4) so I don't think the problem is repetition. I use Stampin' Up products, so the quality of materials is great. I really do think it is just a matter of the market, unless it has to do with the blank inside. That is why I am asking about that detail.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:10 AM   #6208
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

well I don't mean die cuts really I use a lot of them myself but, I have a lot of people who stop at the booth and tell me they can do the same thing with a cricket machine which just makes me laugh because, I dont own one and I really dont think so.

but, all of my cards are lined and sometimes they have sentiments and sometimes not. if it has a sentiment inside then inside the clear bag on the back side of the paper envelope there is a scrap of cardstock with the inside sentiment stamped on it. and under it in my hand writing says. this sentiment is stamped inside.

I only thought to mention it because, when I do see other people trying to sell cards they have like less than 50 lets say... and they used maybe 2 stamp sets on them... and they look exactly the same when you glance at the table and those people I would assume do not sell very many cards.

So, one of the things I do to keep my cards looking a little bit different ( I tend to do the same things over and over color the image use vintage buttons, lace or machine sewing on it) is some of the daily challenges ( esp. the sketch ones) and when I do the Christmas card challenge if I make 6 very similar cards one month only one of those goes to the booth pile and the others go into ones I mail out for me.

and boxed card sets do not sell well for me at all. because, I think people find it easier to pick and choose and spend the same amount of money than to have a set of the same thing.... I do a couple of sets not many. and most years those are something that comes home. and if I take them out of the box they will sell next time
Old 12-13-2012, 06:12 AM   #6209
Insane Embellisher

i made about $460 after two, one day shows. i have $60 this week having some stuff at my hairdressers. my son makes art from repurposed/salvaged stuff and does well. the show the end of october, he had a old beat up violin, that he stamped on, added some fiber and it a hanger on the back and it sold right off for $150. i have to sell a lot of paper crafts to compete with that! i felt the two shows i did were profitable enough to warrant the 8 or 10 hours i had into them. i couldnt justify the time if i didnt. (the profit would be less and my husband would have a fit, if he knew i sent his ironing out this craft season!)
Old 12-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #6210
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I also think it helps if you are in a show or a sale that is advertising that they are having hand crafted items... ( one year the one I do a vendor got in with shrunk wrap made in China gift baskets...) they sold a ton of those suckers too... ( they were not invited back) but, if all the other vendors are making big (expensive) gifts... how can you not sell cards? ( esp. gift tags and gift cards?)
Old 12-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #6211
Insane Embellisher

stacy,

you have me motivated to do more cards. sometimes i dont do the challenges because i think i dont need another card. but i could and then tuck them away for a booth and if they dont sell then i send them out myself or donate them to a retirement village for their gift shops.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #6212
Insane Embellisher

stacy,
i think they see some of the expensive things as "art" and the less expensive things as "crafts". someone once asked me if i do art or crafts and they said craft with such a nasty tone. i just said "i guess most would say i do crafts and i own that. and i still would venture its something not everyone can do." i was very bold at that moment, but other times i shrink and think oh, well i can only dream of being an artist.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #6213
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

you get both kinds though at a booth... its the ones who have the appreciation who wish they could buy everything you have ones that make it worth it.

because, for me I started selling these because, they were piling up ( the ones I could not bring my self to donate. ) I give away a lot of cards too. and I mention that. I have some vista print cards ( free cards ) that I give away it has my blog and gmail (junkmail) addy on them... and people can see that on the blog where I send cards to.

I also think if you do a booth and it goes half way well for you the first year, pay attention to what people ask for. ( if they want daisy cards or anniversary cards try to do a few more of those next time and try to always keep your booth in the same spot)
Old 12-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #6214
Pearl-ExPert

I have had craft fairs where I made nothing, then I will have one the next week and make $200, next week $400 (never much more than $400 on my sales though). Some of it is location, some is advertisement, some is because the church plays bingo at the same time and that takes away from customers (stupid bingo!). Sometimes its hit and miss. All I can say is keep track of what works and what doesn't and use that as a guide for the next year.

The one bingo church that I did a sale at, I made $80 the first year. Second year I didn't go back. Third year a friend talked me into doing it again and I made almost $200 (even with bingo). I guess you can never tell.

I did an inhome one last weekend with a couple of women and made a bit over $100. I was surprised by that, but that's good. I can use the money for Christmas!

I added some stuff to my gallery if anyone wants to look. Just pictures of my table (kind of piled with stuff but its always like that I guess!) and some wine tags I did last minute. Those were easy and fun and I will be doing those for my sales next year. I just did them for the in home sale.

I may do another in home sale in the spring but I've never done a spring show so I don't know. But grads and mother's day stuff - I don't know.

Have a great holiday everyone! Eats loads of fudge (which is my FAVORITE treat this time of year and I don't make it but eat it anywhere I see it!).

MY GALLERY
dillyb5 likes this post.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #6215
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojoxiexie View Post
Hi so this year was my first year at doing craft fairs and I was wondering how you guys make it too such big numbers as I only made 80 before booth fee at each fair my goal is too make it pass 100 at each fair next year any tips
This was my third and although I crossed 100 I didn't make much of a profit after the booth fees.

I think a lot has do with the crowd. At one of my shows people don't want to spend a lot. They're ok with simple items but cheaply priced. I find that hard to do because there's no fun in just covering a composition book. I want to embellish it. The moment I do that my price goes up. At my other fair, I sell banners for $10 and people don't even blink an eye while paying. Also since this show is in first week of Nov people are not all about Christmas; so it would help my sales if I've some "generic" stuff too. So you need to gauge what kind of crowd you have and cater to *their* needs.

Regarding variety, I think there's a delicate balance. Too much variety can be overwhelming for people and they might not buy anything.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #6216
Glitter Queen

I agree that it depends on the crowd so maybe next year I will try a more expensive rent fee and I think I have way to much varity so I will have to reduce that but I guess I will have to keep trying
Old 12-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #6217
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to kspiv

This will probably be long so bear with me or skip over me.....haha!

I have done LOTS of craft fairs/sales over the years but mostly with "home based business" type stuff....Tupperware, etc. I have done the handcrafted stuff for a few years now....I still get people come up and are like "Where's the Tupperware, Kelly?!" LOL I have learned a boatload of info over the last 10 or so years I have done these types of events. In the end, it doesnt matter what you are selling for these tried and true craft fair/vendor events tips to follow:

* Pick shows that are established. I have done 1st year shows and will never again. That first year is their learning curve and most of the time, it takes a while. That being said, if no one does first year shows, how do they get established right? So here are my non-negotiables with a first (or up to 5 years) year show....cheap booth space, great advertising and nice sized booth spaces. I wouldn't pay over $25, they need to advertise on more than their church sign or whatever and at least a 10x10 space. These shows are great for your first show tho to see how to set up, etc.

* Your set-up is key! Attractive booth space will draw them in and your great product will make them shop but you will never get them there with boring, unorganized or downright ugly booth space. Decorate your space to match your style and taste. My handcrafted items tend to be bright and fun so my booth space is definitely not vintage homey. That would be silly! I go with white tableclothes and bright colored (they were green this year) baskets and such to hold my product, which fits ME. I think many of us totally dismiss that our displays may be turning people away instead of drawing them in, but it's true. No, you dont have to spend a fortune on display stuff. I got my baskets and bins at the $ store.

* Go vertical with your displays as much as possible. I was lucky to buy off my friend her white metal grid walls but even a few pieces of the wire shelving used in your display can create a neat wall or display holder.

* Mark your prices clearly. I, for one, do not mark my items individually. I learned this thru having bright colored stickers on items and my friend saying "What is this, bargain basement or what?!" LOL Plus, the stuff I sold they always wanted me to remove the sticker, since it was a gift for someone. I have signs with short identifiers (such as Snowman Hershey Candy Bars-$3 each or 4 for $10) and all my like items together. Still, be ready to tell people the price because there are those that never see the signs you have! LOL

* Have a set place for people to check out and be organized with bags, etc. Make sure you have your change ready. Have a sign with forms of payment you accept.

* Be friendly! Talk to people! If you feel the need to explain a product, do so, in quick synopsis with a demonstration of how it works. I sold more of those snowman candy bars by having on out with his hat tilted back, and the candy bar half way out. Same with the popcorn....when I showed them his hat was a pair of gloves, boom....sold! I always at least say HI to everyone entering my space. Stand up as much as possible when someone is in your space and don't act bored or like you wish they would just leave. Put down your book if you are reading or put away your phone. Be attentive to the fact that they may ask questions or need help, but do not hover around them or try to sell!sell!sell! them anything unless they seem interested.

Now for papercrafting in general....

* See what's hot. Each year, SOMETHING is hot...whether its owls, a specific color, a certain food, etc. Make sure you incorporate that kind of stuff in some way. Show that you are trendy and keep up on things.

* On the opposite end....have traditional items too. Snowmen, santas, reindeer, etc in both cutesy styles and classic styles. I tend to do both to accomodate all buyers. Its hard to make something out of your element, but try. Everyone's taste is different.

* Price things accordingly for your area. After you work a show a year or two, you get to know the crowd and what they will spend. Yes, each show tends to bring in different crowds who are willing to pay different prices but I usually keep my prices the same at the two shows I do. I have figured out what people are willing to spend and I price accordingly to what I would be willing to spend.

* Use quality products. This doesn't mean that it all has to be some fancy, expensive brand but better quality stuff shows. Make sure all your items are cleanly cut, glued together well, colored well and have that little extra something! If you are using digital images, make sure they are not fuzzy or poorly colored.

* Switch things up year to year. Although I do cocoa treats every year, I do them differently each year. Keep it fresh.

* Don't overload your table with too many different things but have variety. I do lots of candy treats (cuz they sell!) but I also do other items like notepads, tags, bookmarks, cards, etc.

These are some of my experiences. I have done many shows a year, in the spring, fall, summer, etc. and have chosen to limit my time to the 2 shows that I felt were best for me. Many people do shows all year long. Christmas is my big seller, so I do an early November show that is 2 days. A friend and I share a 10x10 space (which is way too crowded but this show is really packed and it's hard to get more than 1 space) that is $100. So $50 each. That is about as high as I will personally go. The second show is a 1 day at our local high school and is extremely well attended. That booth space is $25 for a 10x10. Both fairs I made between $350-$400 per day. Each year is hit and miss. This year was a very good year and I was totally happy with my profits. Just keep trying! I actually do enjoy doing these shows and gave up the ones I didn't enjoy doing (which usually for me means I didn't make enough money! haha)

Last edited by kspiv; 12-14-2012 at 11:56 AM..
NancyL2648, dillyb5, kkccmom and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #6218
Kookie Creator

Great advice, Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kspiv View Post
This will probably be long so bear with me or skip over me.....haha!

I have done LOTS of craft fairs/sales over the years but mostly with "home based business" type stuff....Tupperware, etc. I have done the handcrafted stuff for a few years now....I still get people come up and are like "Where's the Tupperware, Kelly?!" LOL I have learned a boatload of info over the last 10 or so years I have done these types of events. In the end, it doesnt matter what you are selling for these tried and true craft fair/vendor events tips to follow:

* Pick shows that are established. I have done 1st year shows and will never again. That first year is their learning curve and most of the time, it takes a while. That being said, if no one does first year shows, how do they get established right? So here are my non-negotiables with a first (or up to 5 years) year show....cheap booth space, great advertising and nice sized booth spaces. I wouldn't pay over $25, they need to advertise on more than their church sign or whatever and at least a 10x10 space. These shows are great for your first show tho to see how to set up, etc.

* Your set-up is key! Attractive booth space will draw them in and your great product will make them shop but you will never get them there with boring, unorganized or downright ugly booth space. Decorate your space to match your style and taste. My handcrafted items tend to be bright and fun so my booth space is definitely not vintage homey. That would be silly! I go with white tableclothes and bright colored (they were green this year) baskets and such to hold my product, which fits ME. I think many of us totally dismiss that our displays may be turning people away instead of drawing them in, but it's true. No, you dont have to spend a fortune on display stuff. I got my baskets and bins at the $ store.

* Go vertical with your displays as much as possible. I was lucky to buy off my friend her white metal grid walls but even a few pieces of the wire shelving used in your display can create a neat wall or display holder.

* Mark your prices clearly. I, for one, do not mark my items individually. I learned this thru having bright colored stickers on items and my friend saying "What is this, bargain basement or what?!" LOL Plus, the stuff I sold they always wanted me to remove the sticker, since it was a gift for someone. I have signs with short identifiers (such as Snowman Hershey Candy Bars-$3 each or 4 for $10) and all my like items together. Still, be ready to tell people the price because there are those that never see the signs you have! LOL

* Have a set place for people to check out and be organized with bags, etc. Make sure you have your change ready. Have a sign with forms of payment you accept.

* Be friendly! Talk to people! If you feel the need to explain a product, do so, in quick synopsis with a demonstration of how it works. I sold more of those snowman candy bars by having on out with his hat tilted back, and the candy bar half way out. Same with the popcorn....when I showed them his hat was a pair of gloves, boom....sold! I always at least say HI to everyone entering my space. Stand up as much as possible when someone is in your space and don't act bored or like you wish they would just leave. Put down your book if you are reading or put away your phone. Be attentive to the fact that they may ask questions or need help, but do not hover around them or try to sell!sell!sell! them anything unless they seem interested.

Now for papercrafting in general....

* See what's hot. Each year, SOMETHING is hot...whether its owls, a specific color, a certain food, etc. Make sure you incorporate that kind of stuff in some way. Show that you are trendy and keep up on things.

* On the opposite end....have traditional items too. Snowmen, santas, reindeer, etc in both cutesy styles and classic styles. I tend to do both to accomodate all buyers. Its hard to make something out of your element, but try. Everyone's taste is different.

* Price things accordingly for your area. After you work a show a year or two, you get to know the crowd and what they will spend. Yes, each show tends to bring in different crowds who are willing to pay different prices but I usually keep my prices the same at the two shows I do. I have figured out what people are willing to spend and I price accordingly to what I would be willing to spend.

* Use quality products. This doesn't mean that it all has to be some fancy, expensive brand but better quality stuff shows. Make sure all your items are cleanly cut, glued together well, colored well and have that little extra something! If you are using digital images, make sure they are not fuzzy or poorly colored.

* Switch things up year to year. Although I do cocoa treats every year, I do them differently each year. Keep it fresh.

* Don't overload your table with too many different things but have variety. I do lots of candy treats (cuz they sell!) but I also do other items like notepads, tags, bookmarks, cards, etc.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #6219
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori92760 View Post
the gift card holders, which i thought were self explanatory, mystified people. i also made purse ones that were all occasion. i thought those would be great as purse crazy as everyone seems. i even put my business card in so people saw a card in them. one lady asked me if the card came out, so she could put something else in it. on lady before purchasing a key fob, tugged and pulled and twisted. all of which i did when i made the first one to see how sturdy they were. finally bought one, but said "give me one of your cards, because if this breaks i'm calling you." i know they are sturdy, but i cant guarantee they will last til she dies. mostly people are so nice, but the crabby ones give you something to snicker about later or a challenge to get a smile out of.
LOL the Key Fob lady...that made me laugh. I wonder if she'll have the nerve to call? Maybe she bought one from someone else and it didnt hold up Who knows?
Going to be getting back into the swing of crafting soon. I just needed to take a little break. I was still working on last minute special orders up until Christmas eve! I took time today to schedule out posts on my blog. I think I am up until January 24th lol. Still so much more to post though! I just have to find the pictures!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #6220
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori92760 View Post
the gift card holders, which i thought were self explanatory, mystified people. i also made purse ones that were all occasion. i thought those would be great as purse crazy as everyone seems. i even put my business card in so people saw a card in them. one lady asked me if the card came out, so she could put something else in it. on lady before purchasing a key fob, tugged and pulled and twisted. all of which i did when i made the first one to see how sturdy they were. finally bought one, but said "give me one of your cards, because if this breaks i'm calling you." i know they are sturdy, but i cant guarantee they will last til she dies. mostly people are so nice, but the crabby ones give you something to snicker about later or a challenge to get a smile out of.
I did a bunch of shows a couple of years ago, and met some really nice people, and "doozies" too.

One lady stood there with a sour look on her face and picked up some small notebooks with pens that were priced at $3.00. She finally glared at me and said, "Well, when I was making those, I sold them for $1.00." I just smiled and said, "Well, good for you."

Another couple was interested in my santa claus Hershey bars. The husband picked up about 6 of them and said, "How many do we need?" She scowled at him and said, "Oh, I only want one so I can see how to make it."

I know folks buy stuff to see how it's made, but that was pretty blatant!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 01-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #6221
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
I did a bunch of shows a couple of years ago, and met some really nice people, and "doozies" too.

One lady stood there with a sour look on her face and picked up some small notebooks with pens that were priced at $3.00. She finally glared at me and said, "Well, when I was making those, I sold them for $1.00." I just smiled and said, "Well, good for you."

Another couple was interested in my santa claus Hershey bars. The husband picked up about 6 of them and said, "How many do we need?" She scowled at him and said, "Oh, I only want one so I can see how to make it."

I know folks buy stuff to see how it's made, but that was pretty blatant!
I had to laugh about this. This is going to sound kind of mean, but bare with me...
At one of my shows this woman walks up and says very snobbish "I am your competition" I told her "oh good luck!' Later on I took a walk around and stopped at her table. She had about 10 Hand sanitizers (marked higher then mine) and maybe 10 or 12 cards. Now I am not a professional crafter, but when I saw the cards I had to contain a chuckle. They were a single piece of Cardstock folded with some christmas stickers. I thought to myslelf 'honey you are no competition'. About an hour before the 2 day show ended she walked up while I was talking to another customer (who followed me to every public event I had this year) and bought three items. She tried to be slick and hand my daughter the money and sneak back to her table. When she got there she was laughing with her friend and you could just tell she was plotting to use them as samples. But I got the last laugh because the three items she bought were items that I have had for 3 years now, and I sell maybe one a show. Not by any means big sellers. So good luck to her!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #6222
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh and once my mom and I were at one of our first shows. We were sharing a table. An older gentleman came over and picked up one of her altered composition books and said "I'll give you twenty-five cents" I laughed and told them they were $5. "Five dollars?" he said "I bought this one for ten cents at that table!" He showed me the book which was tattered and you could tell used. I politely told him he got a good deal then.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #6223
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
I had to laugh about this. This is going to sound kind of mean, but bare with me...
At one of my shows this woman walks up and says very snobbish "I am your competition" I told her "oh good luck!' Later on I took a walk around and stopped at her table. She had about 10 Hand sanitizers (marked higher then mine) and maybe 10 or 12 cards. Now I am not a professional crafter, but when I saw the cards I had to contain a chuckle. They were a single piece of Cardstock folded with some christmas stickers. I thought to myslelf 'honey you are no competition'. About an hour before the 2 day show ended she walked up while I was talking to another customer (who followed me to every public event I had this year) and bought three items. She tried to be slick and hand my daughter the money and sneak back to her table. When she got there she was laughing with her friend and you could just tell she was plotting to use them as samples. But I got the last laugh because the three items she bought were items that I have had for 3 years now, and I sell maybe one a show. Not by any means big sellers. So good luck to her!!!
It's all about Karma!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #6224
Insane Embellisher

I always have people ask about my peoms in my online shop (like the snowman popcorn one) but I don't share the words. I nodified the words from another poem to make my own. Last time I shared with someone, the poem was everywhere and no longer unique. It bugs me becasue I like to share but I just can't.
This year, I did let a lady take a pic of my snowman kisses poem, but only because I don't plan to make them next year.

Like others, I am spending some time surfing the web and gathering ideas for inspiration. I bought a ton of paper at my local scapbook stores on Boxing Day. They had many of the nice thick papers 3/$1. Between the 2 shops, I bought $50 worth of paper...easy!
But, now I am restocked for next year.
I even managed to get some xmas ones for 50% off.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 AM   #6225
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaR View Post
It's all about Karma!!!

LOL Exactly!!!!

I was searching Michael's yesterday and they have Christmas 12x12 stacks, different companies as much as 80% off for anyone looking to stock up! There were lots of them!
sarahebo likes this post.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #6226
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
I was searching Michael's yesterday and they have Christmas 12x12 stacks, different companies as much as 80% off for anyone looking to stock up! There were lots of them!
I wish mine had some I went there 1-2 weeks back and there weren't any except the Recollections one. I did get a lot of nice christmas stickers for like 40 cents each!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #6227
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
I wish mine had some I went there 1-2 weeks back and there weren't any except the Recollections one. I did get a lot of nice christmas stickers for like 40 cents each!
Oh my, that's a shame! Maybe ours have so many left because we have so many Michael's around??? Not sure. Sorry
Old 05-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #6228
Polyshrink Goddess

Been MIA since January. Been sick off and on (mostly on) since December. Hurry Summer so I can get out of the school and away from all those germs!
Hoping to be back crafting soon!
Old 06-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #6229
Polyshrink Goddess

Looks like I am the only one posting here any more. Is there a new thread?
Old 06-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #6230
Rubber Obsessor

Just haven't been scrapping yet for my Christmas Craft Shows.
Judi
Old 06-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #6231
Inking Addict

Gina...can we start a new one? 156 pages is a daunting number of pages to wade thru...I'd love to see what's fresh for 2013, and plans for fall shows...if you can start a new thread, and will post the title here, I will come chat! I'm an inexperienced seller, and am gearing up for a MAJOR event this weekend...feel burned out with what I've done, and would love a fresh look at what others are doing, and what trending! Thanks! -- Kim, in IN

I have a creative gene...it comes from my Father, the Author of Creativity!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #6232
Inking Addict

Kelly...your post was one of THE MOST helpful I've seen in a LONG TIME! can't thank you enough for sharing your experienced perspectives! I'm making notes!!

I have a creative gene...it comes from my Father, the Author of Creativity!
kspiv likes this post.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #6233
Matboard Maniac

Default crafting threads I frequent on SCS

I skip back and forth between 3 strings on SCS. This one,
the one at:
2012 Craft Sales Ideas and Plans

and the one at:
Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion

I broke my right thumb a few weeks ago and still can't do much with it yet!

Lynne

Last edited by imlynne; 06-24-2013 at 07:03 PM..
Old 06-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #6234
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I re-arranged my card stash last weekend we are headed to the Merry Greenwood ren faire in WA next weekend so, haven't really made much in the way of new cards for it, just one pirate so far...

oh and I just got a kindle around mothers day this year and there is a book I read ( it was free when I got it ) and it has some tips for people who have never done booths before.
Amazon.com: Arts & Crafts Shows: The Top 10 Mistakes Artist Vendors Make... And How to Avoid Them! eBook: Michael Delaware: Kindle Store

(sometimes books become free again after time passes but, to buy it is 2.99) and its pretty basic in the info.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #6235
Insane Embellisher

I do not think I will even entertain the idea of a craft show this year. last year was my first year and my husband didn't really appreciate the time it took away from cooking and housework! he is not a fend for yourself kind of person. plus right now I am handcrafting my daughters October wedding. its way more work than I figured. my husband is not really digging this effort either! I designed and made save the date, invites, centerpieces, I am working on 200 table favors (pillow boxes with twine and antique paper flowers, filled with taffy)all the bridesmaid bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, pew bows, name cards, all burlap vintage looking flowers. I am sure that I am forgetting lots and only hope I remember them before the big day. BUT I want to read all of you guys great ideas when everyone here is in bed and I can sit without guilt!
NancyL2648 and GRKIDDO like this post.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #6236
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkccmom View Post
Gina...can we start a new one? 156 pages is a daunting number of pages to wade thru...I'd love to see what's fresh for 2013, and plans for fall shows...if you can start a new thread, and will post the title here, I will come chat! I'm an inexperienced seller, and am gearing up for a MAJOR event this weekend...feel burned out with what I've done, and would love a fresh look at what others are doing, and what trending! Thanks! -- Kim, in IN
I've never started a new thread on here, but I guess we could. I dont have anything new to share at the moment though. I think I burned out after last years' sales. I haven't really done much crafting at all since January. I was sick most of Jan, Feb and March. Then in March I started watching 2 boys every night, and there went my crafting time. I do want to get back into it, I just need to discipline myself to do it!
Old 06-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #6237
Insane Embellisher

I come and check here also. I don't know how to start a new thread or I would do it!
lol

I have been making some of my glass magnets but I spend most of my time up until June/July scoping out what I want to make and buying the supplies. I think I am stocked up now.

I participated at a very small music festival last week and I hardly had any inventory though, so it is time to start creating.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #6238
Matboard Maniac

I have decided to make this years Art Fair in Dec. to be just all about babies and kids.( they seem to sell real well) I have made 20 onesies with really cute sayings on the front, Baby mini albums, School mini albums, Princess trinket boxes with mini albums, Book ends with a mini album... I don't know if I have made enough onesies, has anyone else sold these at a fair before? Thanks all Anita
Old 07-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #6239
Gallery Gazer

I like the same ideas together, it maybe 156 pages but the thread is in the one spot, if you wish to reference anything from from page 32 you have to find another thread as it's split then they are to far apart and that takes searching.
Just my thoughts, I may not post often but I do read through.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #6240
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitawill1 View Post
I have decided to make this years Art Fair in Dec. to be just all about babies and kids.( they seem to sell real well) I have made 20 onesies with really cute sayings on the front, Baby mini albums, School mini albums, Princess trinket boxes with mini albums, Book ends with a mini album... I don't know if I have made enough onesies, has anyone else sold these at a fair before? Thanks all Anita
Would love to see pics of your stuff. Which type of mins do you make? I was at a fair last year, and one person had mini albums. But they were only two kinds: very simple paper bag albums (three bags folded in half type) and the type where you glue three 12 x 12 papers together on the diagonal, and fold them. I have no idea how well they sold, but they had 100's of them.
Judi