Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #5881
Pearl-ExPert

Not many are getting rich at craft fairs for sure! At least papercrafters that is. I also look at what I would pay for an item after I make it. Some people on these threads can get much more for some of the items than I charge for mine. Could be the area, sometimes its because their project is simply AMAZING and mine is nice! But I do OK and I'm happy with that.

I can't wait to get my fob stuff so I can play with it this weekend. Now to find those pliers that I had with beading stuff. I'm going to have to clean the craft room to find that so I guess that's what I'm doing after work all week long. And it needs it!

MY GALLERY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #5882
Matboard Maniac

Default a bargain

I have looked at the key fobs and think they are cute, but can't really see myself making them and being able to sell them here for $4-5. However, I was browsing my local Hancock's Fabric store this past week and found some really cute change purses with matching key fob wristlets for $0.89 per set (reg.$4.99). I bought a couple of each of the patterns they offered and will add a fabric flower or some similar embellishment to the little purse and sell the set for $4-5 at a Christmas craft fair. If they don't sell, I have 2 older grand daughters that will love them and can give them to their friends. The flowers will cost nothing to make and very little time. So you might want to check for similar deals. It will be just as profitable for me and much easier.
I also agree with FiP that the things I make are my hobby and I'm going to do it anyway, just maybe not in the same quantity that I do for craft fairs. If I just recoup my cost per item, I'm happy. Actually, I usually do well and generally price my items based on what I would pay for them if someone else was selling them.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #5883
Cardstock Collector

Hi Ladies...
I have looked at this off and on for a while now, but just now posting. As I start gearing up for craft fair "production", I wanted to see if you guys are willing to share your favorite go-to item to make for the holiday season/Christmas shows? I tend to mix it up with what I make/sell, so I am open to any suggestions (pics appreciated)
thanks in advance -
Amber
Old 06-20-2012, 04:21 AM   #5884
Matboard Maniac

These Hershey bar snowmen are big sellers for me:
splitcoast_070_by_delightfuldaisy by delightfuldaisy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

As well as Hershey bar Santas suits:
Another Santa Suit by delightfuldaisy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 06-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #5885
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiP View Post
Ah, how I envy those people who can talk about justifying the items they sell by taking into account the time spent on making them! I'm with those of you who consider it a blessing to make some money back on doing crafts that we'd be doing anyway. As I've said elsewhere, pretty much all hobbies cost money, and not many of them recoup any cash, so we appreciate the times we do get something back. A lady my husband knows from taking our dog to the dog-park has just ordered about $100 worth of christmas cards from me. That similar to the amounts I might make selling craft at a market stall which takes days of planning, packing/unpacking and being there. I'm still stunned and stoked! My view is that if I'm making a profit per item, and covering the cost of being at a market (plus some), it's a good thing. The left-overs will go to the next market, and I've always got goodies on hand for gifts. I'm probably working for about 5 cents an hour, if I'm lucky! It's all for the love of crafting - long may it continue!!
Yes that is pretty much how I feel. And it helps me use some of the supplies that would otherwise just be collecting dust! I get more $ in my pocket, and more space in my craft room! A win win situation!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #5886
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
Not many are getting rich at craft fairs for sure! At least papercrafters that is. I also look at what I would pay for an item after I make it. Some people on these threads can get much more for some of the items than I charge for mine. Could be the area, sometimes its because their project is simply AMAZING and mine is nice! But I do OK and I'm happy with that.

I can't wait to get my fob stuff so I can play with it this weekend. Now to find those pliers that I had with beading stuff. I'm going to have to clean the craft room to find that so I guess that's what I'm doing after work all week long. And it needs it!

I found the rubber pliers that they sell in the beading department didnt work so well on the hardware. But maybe it is just me? I borrowed a pair of my hubby's and took a piece of fabric, and taped it to the inside part where you hold the hardware to squeeze it. Works great! Maybe it's just I didnt have the strength in my hand to squeeze it enough? But an idea if the beading ones dont work for you!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #5887
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightfuldaisy View Post

Thanks...Those snowmen and Santa candy bars are super-cute!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #5888
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
I found the rubber pliers that they sell in the beading department didnt work so well on the hardware. But maybe it is just me? I borrowed a pair of my hubby's and took a piece of fabric, and taped it to the inside part where you hold the hardware to squeeze it. Works great! Maybe it's just I didnt have the strength in my hand to squeeze it enough? But an idea if the beading ones dont work for you!

Thanks for that - I wondered if my regular pliers would work - I saw on some site (maybe the instructions for the key fobs) where they put painters tape over the pliers jaws so they didn't mar the fob when squished together.

I should get my stuff today I would think. It was mailed already. We had super bad rain storms (Superior, WI) and I don't think we got mail yesterday - most of the streets were under water, some streets and roads washed away even. Nuts! I was wishing I had it yesterday when we had to stay home from work, but no. Although I had water issues in the house to deal with and wouldn't be craftign anyway I guess. But I will be this weekend I hope. People keep getting in my crafting way - family events. Love my family, but I need to craft too!

MY GALLERY
Old 06-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #5889
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Thanks for that - I wondered if my regular pliers would work - I saw on some site (maybe the instructions for the key fobs) where they put painters tape over the pliers jaws so they didn't mar the fob when squished together.

I should get my stuff today I would think. It was mailed already. We had super bad rain storms (Superior, WI) and I don't think we got mail yesterday - most of the streets were under water, some streets and roads washed away even. Nuts! I was wishing I had it yesterday when we had to stay home from work, but no. Although I had water issues in the house to deal with and wouldn't be craftign anyway I guess. But I will be this weekend I hope. People keep getting in my crafting way - family events. Love my family, but I need to craft too!
Did they arrive????? So sorry to hear about the rain storms and flooding though!
I want to see pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I was on Pinterest the otherday...(what else is new) and I typed in Key Fobs to the search. Well this picture comes up of this woman's display where she had made HUNDREDS of key fobs! Oh my! She also had lanyards, which I may try my hand at as well. I'll let you know how they work out.
Well just checking in and then I hope to craft today!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #5890
Matboard Maniac

Default Composition books???

Please let us all know if you find these on sale.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #5891
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwooten View Post
Thanks...Those snowmen and Santa candy bars are super-cute!
What is your price point on these? They look like you put a lot of time into making them.

Lynne
Old 06-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #5892
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Did they arrive????? So sorry to hear about the rain storms and flooding though!
I want to see pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I was on Pinterest the otherday...(what else is new) and I typed in Key Fobs to the search. Well this picture comes up of this woman's display where she had made HUNDREDS of key fobs! Oh my! She also had lanyards, which I may try my hand at as well. I'll let you know how they work out.
Well just checking in and then I hope to craft today!

Mine did come, but I've been busy cleaning up water and basement stuff that I haven't had time to play. But I did go through my ribbons and then went to WalMart to buy MORE ribbon - and plan on trying some this week. I thought of lanyards too. I didn't see any of those on Pinterest (yes, I too love that site) but I assume one wouldn't use the webbing them on those, just ribbon. So maybe they could be charged out about the same - hmmmmmmmmm. But i love the webbing I got, I got a mix of all different colors and its so pretty, all wound up.

They better sell though. My bill through them was quite hefty but I got tons for the money - it was cheaper than most, jsut had to buy so much stuff to do this project. Not all my ribbon will work either, but most will.

MY GALLERY
Old 06-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #5893
Polyshrink Goddess

Mary, so sorry you are still digging out from the water! Hopefully you'll finish up soon and you'll get back to normal soon!
I have a couple of the lanyards I bought in stores. I was just thinking of doing ribbon. I know a lot of the schools around here wear their IDs around their necks on Lanyards. That includes the teachers. I have to wait until I go back to work in September, as I dont work during the summer and there is no "play" money.
I sold even more of the wristlets. Everyone I show them to wants one. That is awesome. I am down to only having 2 completely done for my craft show, but I will get more made before November.
I fortunately had a lot of ribbon. But I still bought more. Dont just think grown ups when you make them, I have gotten requests for tweens as well.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #5894
Pearl-ExPert

Yeah i did think of tweens, and I even bought some Sponge Bob and Nemo ribbon (I think that's what I got) from WalMart. Very colorful and fun people will like that. I think the 1" would work better for the lanyards, don't you think? Even though the 1 1/4 is only that quarter inch bigger, seems big for a lanyard.

So did you sew yours together - the ribbon and webbing I mean. The instructions say to do that or to use fusible webbing, but I'm not sure why we would have to do that. I suppose to keep the webbing/ribbon sort of together and it lays better that way. I was actually thinking too of using a bit of double stick tape here and there to do that, but not sure how that would hold up. I did get the fusible tape to try it with.

but I don't sew so I'm not sewing down the webbing/ribbon to keep it all together.

I'm going to see my grandson this weekend (yahoo, he is adorable and I need a good break from 'life' at home) and plan on bringing these to work on during 'nap' time and when he goes to bed. Just gotta find my pliers. Better be in the tool box where it belongs!

MY GALLERY
Old 06-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #5895
Polyshrink Goddess

I am sewing the edges. When I started, I used the fusible webbing. More so to hold things together since I am not strong at sewing. Now that I have sewn numerous of these, I dont feel like I need the fusible stuff.
The original tutorial I saw did not call for the sewing of the edges, only the fusible stuff, so I am sure you'll be okay. I didnt have much luck with the fusible webbing, but maybe it's my iron? When I put it at the temp it says it didnt really get warm. When I turned it up slightly I felt like it was too hot. But the iron still works, and I cant justify getting a new one right now. Also the little pink ribbon Irons, I felt like that got too hot. But maybe it's just me??? Of course I threw the directions to the fusible webbing away, but I believe it said if it turns clear it's too hot. Mine turned clear everytime, but when I turned the temp down, it didnt stick at all. But again, it may be my iron.
Have fun with your grandson!!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #5896
Pearl-ExPert

Yeah, I think the fusible stuff will depend on the thickness of things. But do you think it actually has to be sewn or fused down - I can't figure why it has to be.

Oh and believe me, I will have fun with that little guy. He is three and thinks I'm HYSTERICAL! I love being a grandma. Sometimes he doesn't listen (well that's what his parents say at least) so one time I told him to get the potatoes out of his ears - he thought that was so funny, he stopped and pulled 'potatoes' out and then went on his business, behaving mind you! So now when I talk to my daughter and I can hear him in the background, causing trouble, her telling him to stop and he not stopping, I tell her to tell him to get the potatoes out of the ears and he just cracks up, stops and knocks it off. It works - and its fun!

MY GALLERY
Old 06-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #5897
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Yeah, I think the fusible stuff will depend on the thickness of things. But do you think it actually has to be sewn or fused down - I can't figure why it has to be.

Oh and believe me, I will have fun with that little guy. He is three and thinks I'm HYSTERICAL! I love being a grandma. Sometimes he doesn't listen (well that's what his parents say at least) so one time I told him to get the potatoes out of his ears - he thought that was so funny, he stopped and pulled 'potatoes' out and then went on his business, behaving mind you! So now when I talk to my daughter and I can hear him in the background, causing trouble, her telling him to stop and he not stopping, I tell her to tell him to get the potatoes out of the ears and he just cracks up, stops and knocks it off. It works - and its fun!
I checked out Crafters Vision and it says you can just use the fusible stuff.
key fobs tutorial look under Heat and Bond. They appear to sell different widths.

LOL that is too funny! My kids still think moms can turn off their listening ears when they dont want to hear kids whining. LOVE it!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #5898
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
LOL! That is so cute!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #5899
Polyshrink Goddess

bump
Old 07-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #5900
Polyshrink Goddess

I went to M's today and found frames that were regularly $17.99 on clearance for $3! They are 11x17. I bought all they had! I am going to make dry erase boards for sales.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #5901
Polyshrink Goddess

bumping!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #5902
Polyshrink Goddess

Bumping.....I've added more Key Fobs to my blog. I also added the travel crayon cases I have been making. I've already sold 5 of these, at a yard sale I went to this past weekend. I also sold a few Key Fobs and a few post it note frames. I was excited especially since it was a yard sale and folks were looking for bargains, not hand made items.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #5903
Polyshrink Goddess

I went to your blog and you have so many cute craft sale ideas! Thank you for sharing them. This gives me lots of ideas. I do have one questions, on the long skinny notepads, how do you cut them in half? Do you buy them that way or do you cut them yourselft? Thanks,
larisa

Quote:
Bumping.....I've added more Key Fobs to my blog. I also added the travel crayon cases I have been making. I've already sold 5 of these, at a yard sale I went to this past weekend. I also sold a few Key Fobs and a few post it note frames. I was excited especially since it was a yard sale and folks were looking for bargains, not hand made items.

visit my blog at www.scrappychic17scraftycorner.blogspot.com
Old 07-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #5904
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychic17 View Post
I went to your blog and you have so many cute craft sale ideas! Thank you for sharing them. This gives me lots of ideas. I do have one questions, on the long skinny notepads, how do you cut them in half? Do you buy them that way or do you cut them yourselft? Thanks,
larisa
Well...Office Max used to do it for $0.75 a cut when you bought their tablets. Some offices are no longer doing it, saying it gums up their machines. Staples will do it for $2 a cut when you buy their tablets. However Staples tablets are not true 5"x8" so their cuts are off so you'd have to adjust your measurements. When they cut the tablets they are not always the same size, as the piles shift as they cut, so it is always best to measure each tablet before cutting your CS.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #5905
Pearl-ExPert

Here are some magnets and key fobs I did - Not sure why they didn't show up in my gallery when I downloaded - i seem to be challenged with that these days on this site!
Attached Thumbnails
070.jpg   071.jpg   074.jpg   067.jpg   077.jpg  

079.jpg   085.jpg  

MY GALLERY
Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #5906
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Here are some magnets and key fobs I did - Not sure why they didn't show up in my gallery when I downloaded - i seem to be challenged with that these days on this site!
Very cute!! When I go back to work in September I plan on getting some of the 1.25 size fob hardware to make also. I have some of those same ribbons that you used on yours!! But 7/8" ribbon really needs the 1.25 webbing/fobs. All of my ribbons are 5/8" or narrower.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #5907
Embossing Fanatic

how did you make the coasters? are they water proof so "sweating" glasses won't ruin them? They are very nice. (everything is very nice). Thanks.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #5908
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Very cute!! When I go back to work in September I plan on getting some of the 1.25 size fob hardware to make also. I have some of those same ribbons that you used on yours!! But 7/8" ribbon really needs the 1.25 webbing/fobs. All of my ribbons are 5/8" or narrower.

yeah I had to buy ribbon to use the 1.25 fob/webbing too, I had some SU at home (the plain colored ones) - my other ribbon was too narrow. But hopefully I will get all of that back (and more) - I really appreciate this idea. I loved doing them - they were quick and easy really and turn out great. I did cover up my pliers too so they didn't leave a mark - and I was so proud that I actually FOUND them in the tool box! Who knew that I would put tools away!

MY GALLERY
Old 07-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #5909
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonstamps View Post
how did you make the coasters? are they water proof so "sweating" glasses won't ruin them? They are very nice. (everything is very nice). Thanks.

Alison - not sure if this was directed at me, but I can answer somethings on coasters, I have done many.

The tiles I posted are just 2x2 tiles that are magnets - those I mod podged paper to and then sealed with more mod podge.

I have seen coasters done that way too, with paper and sealed with the MP. They turn out really pretty.

BUT coasters apparently are a big discussion thing - even at my sales.

Some people want them sealed. Others DO NOT want them sealed. And will discuss at length with me how pourous the tile is!

So for my sales, I usually use the 'non sealed porous' tiles (tumbled tiles I think they are called but you can ask at the hardware store - but just buy the kind that isn't shiny - the top is holey though so try to find ones that aren't tooooooo holey!). And I then just stamp on the tile with Stayzon (and as someone pointed out before red ink STINKS for this - red runs, changes color, just doesn't work - so stay away from RED!). I usually just use black or brown anyway - matches pretty much any decor.

After I stamp it, I put it in the oven to 'heat seal' the ink - 350 degree oven for bout 20 minutes. Turn the oven off, let them just sit in there til everything is cool - they are HOT when they come out of the oven!

And that's it - don't seal any more than that if you want them porous.

I put a backing on the back of the tile so it doesn't mar furniture - little felt pads - the dollar store usually has them, hardware stores do too, or cork or felt or whatever you have. Just on the corners is all you really have to do.

I have also made trivets for sales and I like doing them too - for those, I seal them - I don't think you need to have the trivel porous and maybe you don't even want them to be - not the same as a coaster for drinks. But you can use any tile you want - I've used the shinier tiles and the same ones for the coasters - just bigger (I think they are 6"). I have stenciled paint/ink on them - stamped, colored with markers, designer paper. Then I just seal it all with spray sealer or mod podge. Again adding the felt or cork to the back (on corners) so it doesn't damage countertops. I always sell out on them at sales but I don't make tons.

Coasters/trivets are great for sales and the cost for doing them is pretty minimal.

MY GALLERY
Old 07-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #5910
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Alison - not sure if this was directed at me, but I can answer somethings on coasters, I have done many.

The tiles I posted are just 2x2 tiles that are magnets - those I mod podged paper to and then sealed with more mod podge.

I have seen coasters done that way too, with paper and sealed with the MP. They turn out really pretty.

Some people want them sealed. Others DO NOT want them sealed. And will discuss at length with me how pourous the tile is!

So for my sales, I usually use the 'non sealed porous' tiles (tumbled tiles I think they are called but you can ask at the hardware store - but just buy the kind that isn't shiny - the top is holey though so try to find ones that aren't tooooooo holey!). And I then just stamp on the tile with Stayzon (and as someone pointed out before red ink STINKS for this - red runs, changes color, just doesn't work - so stay away from RED!). I usually just use black or brown anyway - matches pretty much any decor.

After I stamp it, I put it in the oven to 'heat seal' the ink - 350 degree oven for bout 20 minutes. Turn the oven off, let them just sit in there til everything is cool - they are HOT when they come out of the oven!

I put a backing on the back of the tile so it doesn't mar furniture - little felt pads - the dollar store usually has them, hardware stores do too, or cork or felt or whatever you have. Just on the corners is all you really have to do.

I have also made trivets for sales and I like doing them too - for those, I seal them - I don't think you need to have the trivel porous and maybe you don't even want them to be - not the same as a coaster for drinks. But you can use any tile you want - I've used the shinier tiles and the same ones for the coasters - just bigger (I think they are 6"). I have stenciled paint/ink on them - stamped, colored with markers, designer paper. Then I just seal it all with spray sealer or mod podge. Again adding the felt or cork to the back (on corners) so it doesn't damage countertops. I always sell out on them at sales but I don't make tons.

Coasters/trivets are great for sales and the cost for doing them is pretty minimal.
These are on my list to try as well! LOL We should craft together!
Old 07-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #5911
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
These are on my list to try as well! LOL We should craft together!

WE SHOULD! I love crafting with people - I learn so much from watching how they do things. But I HATE dragging craft supplies to someone's house to craft and usually that's what I end up doing. So I try to pick something with the least amount of 'stuff' to bring when I do that. My craft area needs a desperate cleaning/organizing - its a total mess right now and no crafting can get done until its cleaned up - I live alone now (with occasional visits from kids and grandchild!) so I have taken over the downstairs of the house with tables and crafting and they are all full of junk! So I need to clean before I go buy another table to set up (cause that's what I really want to do!). Its too hot to clean but it can't wait til fall!

MY GALLERY
Old 07-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #5912
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
WE SHOULD! I love crafting with people - I learn so much from watching how they do things. But I HATE dragging craft supplies to someone's house to craft and usually that's what I end up doing. So I try to pick something with the least amount of 'stuff' to bring when I do that. My craft area needs a desperate cleaning/organizing - its a total mess right now and no crafting can get done until its cleaned up - I live alone now (with occasional visits from kids and grandchild!) so I have taken over the downstairs of the house with tables and crafting and they are all full of junk! So I need to clean before I go buy another table to set up (cause that's what I really want to do!). Its too hot to clean but it can't wait til fall!
My room always needs cleaning! It's a small room and I tend to pull whatever I am working on closer to my table so it is in reach. At the moment I have my sewing machine on my craft table so I have been working elsewhere. I am making a bunch of "appliques" for the fronts of the travel coloring cases I am making. So I have been cutting and handstitching the pieces together. I attached some picts.

The one little owl needs wings added. The crowns are too big for the front, so they will be trimmed down to fit, which is why the one side is shorter.Saving felt that way.
Attached Thumbnails
cuties1.jpg   cuties2.jpg   cuties3.jpg   cuties4.jpg  
Old 07-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #5913
Polyshrink Goddess

But I know what you mean about dragging stuff around. I had gone to a crop once with a friend, and I did have a good time, but of course it was my first one and I had forgotten things. At least if I am home I can just get it out of my room! LOL
But it is so much nicer to craft with someone. My 8 year old will come in sometimes to help me. Last week she spent a few hours helping me and she said "Wow Mom time goes fast when you are crafting!" I told her I knew, and remember that when she has to ask me 5 times for dinner. You dont realize how much time has gone by when you craft!!
Old 07-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #5914
Pearl-ExPert

Cute appliques Gina. If I crafted like this when my baby was little she probably would have starved. Once I get going, I can't stop. Time does fly when you are working on projects.

MY GALLERY
Old 07-14-2012, 06:52 AM   #5915
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Cute appliques Gina. If I crafted like this when my baby was little she probably would have starved. Once I get going, I can't stop. Time does fly when you are working on projects.
Thank you! You really dont realize how much time gues by when you are engrossed in crafting! I often times work from the time the kids go to bed (summer around 930) and next thing I know, it's 4 am! It was easier to keep track when my hubby worked his old shift, he'd go to bed around 1230. Now he doesnt even get home until 645! On Wednesdays he gets home around 245, so I know it's time for bed on those days.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #5916
Pearl-ExPert

I'm a night owl crafter too (tv watcher as well). Its really hot here right now, I was supposed to clean up the craft room but its soooo hot (and the cat found a cool spot i that room and is sound asleep - I don't like to wake her she gets super crabby plus, its too hot to clean). But I should try to get something done later, sit in front of my fan, put in a movie, and do something!!! But I can't think of what I want to do - maybe some cards. I need cards.

MY GALLERY
Old 07-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #5917
Insane Embellisher

sometimes stopping myself from cumputer surfing is the hardest part!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #5918
Polyshrink Goddess

Mary, the cats dont really come into my craft room. Not that I dont allow them, they just never come in. And Diane, I know EXACTLY what you mean! I havent been on Pinterest in 4 days and I was just wonderig what I've missed. LOL

Prepping for another yard sale. We did one 2 weeks ago, but it was just craft room items. This one we are doing with 2 neighbors and is a "whole house" sale. Hoping to sell kids clothes and toys, and books and I have been trying to clear out my craft room. I listed a few things on Craig's List and I have gotten great response, so I am optimistic! Hoping I wont have to put it all back! LOL
Old 07-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #5919
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Yahoo to kmkluvs2scrap

Quote:

Mary,
How much do you sell your sets of coasters for....I have had good response at $12 a set...the trivets are a bit trickier for me pricewise, any suggestions?
Thanks,
Kristin
Old 07-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #5920
Pearl-ExPert

I sell my coasters at $10 a set, but I think those could be higher. This year I'm probably trying for $12 - But even at $10 I'm making money off of them.

The trivets I sold at $5. I put them on the table with an easle to hold them up (like you get at the dollor store or wherever for a small picture). Easle doesn't go with it, but if someone wants to buy that too I'd just get my buck back on it - but nobody ever wants to buy that which is fine by me.

MY GALLERY