In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree44Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 04:25 AM   #5801
Crimping Master
 
kaitysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Burlington, KY
Posts: 1,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2106 View Post
How are you going to attach them? I have some tiny magnets, too; but I'm having trouble attaching them because I can't use metal tweezers (magnet is too strong), hot glue won't work because they're so small and my fingers are too fat to handle them well!
I use E6000 and haven't had a problem with the magnet pulling off - they are strong little buggers!
__________________
I MAKE CARDS FOR OUR NATION'S HEROES - OPERATION WRITE HOME
My Little Piece of Sanity - My Blog
kaitysmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #5802
Insane Embellisher
 
Lorri.V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver Island,BC
Posts: 962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
Went and set up for my 2 day sale last night! Actually had 16 feet to use, not 8 like I thought. Wasnt a bad thing, but the displays that I normally use just look lost! But luckily I had bought a bunch of baskets at the $ store after the last sale. I still had plenty to fill in with, but when you are looking at a space twice the size that you are used to...it was a little overwhelming. Anyway I have a few things to put finishing touches on and they will come along with me tonight. My friend is a member of the church that the sale is at, and as I am putting the last things up, she says "Hopefully you wont sell it all tomorrow night and not have anything for Saturday" This is already I fear I have (maybe not all of it, but a lot of it), so I was not so amused!
Wish me luck!!!!!!!!
I am sharing tables with a friend from our seasonal market and during the market we both had 4 foot tables. But, over the last month we both have been making more stuff for the christmas season and so our 8 foot table is crowded. she has jewellery and i have the cards. i only made the reindeer poop and chocolate bar wrappers to pay the rentals. I really want to sell my cards and get my name out there for when the market starts up again.

Lorri
Lorri.V. is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #5803
Die Cut Diva
 
doorknocker3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central California
Posts: 3,796
Default

The last sale I had, they gave me two tables in an "L" shape. Which was great. But DD and I are used to one table and can whip through the set up time. Man, that "L" shape, really confused us LOL It took so long to figure out what to do with all that room Eventually it was done, DD took photos and I keep reminding her to download them. Maybe this weekend.
__________________
My BLOG;
doorknocker3 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #5804
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Default

Thanks for all the great ideas! Didn't realize this thread was going for so long...

Here's what I sold last year and did REALLY well:

hanging wall calendars
acrylic frame desk calendars
recipe card books (bind it all)
luggage tags

This year, changing it up a bit:
hanging wall calendars- simple designs
frames (paper mache frames covered/w DP or washi paper)
luggage tags
coaster calendars
gift card holder boxes
mini magnetic boards

Craft fair is held at my garage and hosts about 4 other girls plus my daughter. No charge on booths, so we all make $$!
Sister Stamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #5805
Die Cut Diva
 
doorknocker3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central California
Posts: 3,796
Default

I love that idea, sister stamps. My friends and I were just talking about doing something like that in our garage.

I'll have to let them know that it's not unusual
__________________
My BLOG;
doorknocker3 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #5806
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick
 
JBgreendawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So. Oregon
Posts: 66,528
Default

Im home

Okay my booth is "cards and tags" this is the third year doing this two day sale. ( booth cost is 30.00) every year is better then the year before. this year I added some bagged cocoa sacks (sold all at 3.50 each photos are in tag/gift card album i have in the gallery here) all the vintage buttons in old jello molds sold also, the vintage lace only sold one of the wide ones and no others. so everything else that sold is an one of a kind card or tag. total profits for the two days are 460.25.

this year's booth display are on my blog tonight.

This is held in a private school as part of their biggest fundraiser they do for the school during the year, in addition to the booth cost I also donated a basket with 24 tags inside of it.
so, this is the "big deal" craft thing here where i live ( there are others not as nice) this one is only hand made or antiques and so it has a waiting list to get a spot but, when I took mine i took the "un-sellable" space in a hallway between two big rooms ( cafeteria and gym i think) that table in the photo is an 6' table.

oh and people here kept telling me you should package your cards and sell them in "sets" did 4 boxed ( clear boxes) sets, two full sized cards and two gift card sized sets... none sold.
__________________
~Stacy
My Blog
JBgreendawn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #5807
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick
 
JBgreendawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So. Oregon
Posts: 66,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
I love that idea, sister stamps. My friends and I were just talking about doing something like that in our garage.

I'll have to let them know that it's not unusual
hubs and I do a garage sale every 2 or 3 years... and the last two times we did one, I set up a table with my cards on it and I did sell cards that way too.
__________________
~Stacy
My Blog
JBgreendawn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #5808
Polyshrink Goddess
 
GRKIDDO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Norriton, PA
Posts: 549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker3 View Post
The last sale I had, they gave me two tables in an "L" shape. Which was great. But DD and I are used to one table and can whip through the set up time. Man, that "L" shape, really confused us LOL It took so long to figure out what to do with all that room Eventually it was done, DD took photos and I keep reminding her to download them. Maybe this weekend.
I had to laugh when I saw this. I went to set up on Thursday night for my first ever 2 day event. I was expecting to have 8 feet. Had 16!!! I have never had more then 8 feet so for a long time stood there trying to figure out what on earth I was going to do!! I finally filled it all in and was happy with the display. I didnt think I'd be able to fill it all in, but once everything was unpacked, I still needed room! I was VERY happy with how much I made! I had to give 20% so it cost me $76 for the table, but I think it was worth it. Would have been better if the table was only $20, but what can you do? And I got into this local church which is VERY VERY hard to get into for next year!!!!!!! There was awoman who stood there about 25 minutes watching me. Then she came closer and started studying my items. Then she asked if I'd be interested in being a vendor elsewhere. When she told me where she was from I was shocked! There is a waiting list of like 5 years if you don't get invited! So I am just waiting for the contract, which she is emailing me this week!!!!! And only 358 more days until I will be there!! Only downside? It means I will be at sales the first 3 weekends of November next year! But if I start crafting now...I should be way ahead for next year right???


Top sellers by order of favorites:
1 Post it note frames
2 Altered starbucks jars filled
3/4 (kind of a tie) - altered mini notebooks with matching pens AND Post it note purses
5 boxes folled with candies. I lost count at selling 27. Also got a special order for another 5 since I sold out of the one color.
6 Popcorn holders
7 Mini hershey bar holders and hershey bar snowmen
8 snowman soup

Only sold a few (maybe 5) decorated rulers. Sold about 7 Lip Balm holders. 10 Hand sanitiser holders. also had a bunch or plastic canvas ornaments I made years ago. Didnt think they'd sell but I was surprised. Sold quite a few.

So now I am going to take a break. That is after the three classes I have planned over the next couple of weeks, as well as an order for 75 baby shower invitations, oh and party favors too, and then there is Christmas.... And then right back to crafting!

Good luck to everyone!! And I look forward to more ideas!!!
GRKIDDO is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #5809
Polyshrink Goddess
 
GRKIDDO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Norriton, PA
Posts: 549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
Im home

Okay my booth is "cards and tags" this is the third year doing this two day sale. ( booth cost is 30.00) every year is better then the year before. this year I added some bagged cocoa sacks (sold all at 3.50 each photos are in tag/gift card album i have in the gallery here) all the vintage buttons in old jello molds sold also, the vintage lace only sold one of the wide ones and no others. so everything else that sold is an one of a kind card or tag. total profits for the two days are 460.25.

this year's booth display are on my blog tonight.

This is held in a private school as part of their biggest fundraiser they do for the school during the year, in addition to the booth cost I also donated a basket with 24 tags inside of it.
so, this is the "big deal" craft thing here where i live ( there are others not as nice) this one is only hand made or antiques and so it has a waiting list to get a spot but, when I took mine i took the "un-sellable" space in a hallway between two big rooms ( cafeteria and gym i think) that table in the photo is an 6' table.

oh and people here kept telling me you should package your cards and sell them in "sets" did 4 boxed ( clear boxes) sets, two full sized cards and two gift card sized sets... none sold.


Can I ask what you sell tags for?? I only did single tags, but a lot of details. But didnt sell any. I was going to do a tags "wallet" but just ran out of time.

Last edited by GRKIDDO; 11-20-2011 at 04:57 AM..
GRKIDDO is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #5810
Polyshrink Goddess
 
GRKIDDO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Norriton, PA
Posts: 549
Default

Oh sorry, JBgreendawn, your booth looks AWESOME!!!! That's really what I need to do better, displays.

Last edited by GRKIDDO; 11-20-2011 at 04:57 AM..
GRKIDDO is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #5811
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
Top sellers by order of favorites:
1 Post it note frames
2 Altered starbucks jars filled
3/4 (kind of a tie) - altered mini notebooks with matching pens AND Post it note purses
5 boxes folled with candies. I lost count at selling 27. Also got a special order for another 5 since I sold out of the one color.
6 Popcorn holders
7 Mini hershey bar holders and hershey bar snowmen
8 snowman soup

The candles look very nice...so do all your goodies. What size were the candles - are they votives? Very cute idea.
DianeCraft is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:56 AM   #5812
Polyshrink Goddess
 
GRKIDDO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Norriton, PA
Posts: 549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
The candles look very nice...so do all your goodies. What size were the candles - are they votives? Very cute idea.
HI Diane! Are you talking about the candles on my blog? The ones here are pillars, the one I think is a 3x3 and the other is 3x6.
Gina's Stamping Creations: New Class - Stamping on Candles!

Then these are a set of votives: Gina's Stamping Creations: PhillyInkers Fall Fest - Stamping on Candles

I had plans of making these for my sale, but sadly never got around to it. I havent posted to pictures to my blog from my sale yet as my computer's hard drive died. We are borrowing a computer, and I cant upload my pictures to this one, so it will have to wait.

But thanks for the compliment!!!
GRKIDDO is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:13 AM   #5813
Polyshrink Goddess
 
GRKIDDO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Norriton, PA
Posts: 549
Default

Oh and I forgot to mention that when I went to buy the acrylic frames at Walmart, they no longer sell the 3.5 x 5 frames in the store. I was trying to replenish my stock between my two sales, so I wnet and got the 4 x 6 frames. I didnt like them as much, and didnt think others would either. I had bought a few that were horizontal and once the post it notes were on there was still a lot of unused space, So I had this idea...I took a plain piece of black cardstock cut at 2.5x3.5, punched a large oval out of the upper middle part, tied a ribbon around the bottom, then used some Jolees flowers to add some details. I only made a few but they FLEW off the table!! The vertical frames were easier to space things and I just added a quote, like "Notes", or "Jot this down", which I printed on my computer with different fancy fonts.
GRKIDDO is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:02 AM   #5814
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick
 
JBgreendawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So. Oregon
Posts: 66,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
Can I ask what you sell tags for?? I only did single tags, but a lot of details. But didnt sell any. I was going to do a tags "wallet" but just ran out of time.
the tiny little folded 2 1/2" square or 3" square ones that are flat with just maybe a sentiment on them ( .25 cents ) I know I know but here is the thing, they pick them up they start a pile... then they add them up, then they start picking up the cards...

ETA and those tiny 25 cent ones are made from scraps...

some were as much as 2.50 a tag. ( the largest tags i made were 5" x8" ) most of them were sizzix die cuts in the 4X5" size, very layered.

every very layered tag sold, every "guy" themed tag sold.
__________________
~Stacy
My Blog
JBgreendawn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #5815
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick
 
JBgreendawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So. Oregon
Posts: 66,528
Default

Oh yes, and I got smart this year, everything in my booth has a hand made price tag on the back of it because, everything is priced based on the size or the amount of embellishment or mostly its a gut feeling thing. so, this year I asked everybody... do you want the price tag? and 99% said no, so I came home with the bulk of them because, I told them all, its more fun to make cards then price tags.
__________________
~Stacy
My Blog
JBgreendawn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:57 AM   #5816
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
I had to laugh when I saw this. I went to set up on Thursday night for my first ever 2 day event. I was expecting to have 8 feet. Had 16!!! I have never had more then 8 feet so for a long time stood there trying to figure out what on earth I was going to do!! I finally filled it all in and was happy with the display. I didnt think I'd be able to fill it all in, but once everything was unpacked, I still needed room! I was VERY happy with how much I made! I had to give 20% so it cost me $76 for the table, but I think it was worth it. Would have been better if the table was only $20, but what can you do? And I got into this local church which is VERY VERY hard to get into for next year!!!!!!! There was awoman who stood there about 25 minutes watching me. Then she came closer and started studying my items. Then she asked if I'd be interested in being a vendor elsewhere. When she told me where she was from I was shocked! There is a waiting list of like 5 years if you don't get invited! So I am just waiting for the contract, which she is emailing me this week!!!!! And only 358 more days until I will be there!! Only downside? It means I will be at sales the first 3 weekends of November next year! But if I start crafting now...I should be way ahead for next year right???


Top sellers by order of favorites:
1 Post it note frames
2 Altered starbucks jars filled
3/4 (kind of a tie) - altered mini notebooks with matching pens AND Post it note purses
5 boxes folled with candies. I lost count at selling 27. Also got a special order for another 5 since I sold out of the one color.
6 Popcorn holders
7 Mini hershey bar holders and hershey bar snowmen
8 snowman soup

Only sold a few (maybe 5) decorated rulers. Sold about 7 Lip Balm holders. 10 Hand sanitiser holders. also had a bunch or plastic canvas ornaments I made years ago. Didnt think they'd sell but I was surprised. Sold quite a few.

So now I am going to take a break. That is after the three classes I have planned over the next couple of weeks, as well as an order for 75 baby shower invitations, oh and party favors too, and then there is Christmas.... And then right back to crafting!

Good luck to everyone!! And I look forward to more ideas!!!
So happy for you Good luck for your much awaited fair!
__________________
My Blog: Ribbons,etc.
smriti is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #5817
Die Cut Diva
 
doorknocker3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central California
Posts: 3,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
the tiny little folded 2 1/2" square or 3" square ones that are flat with just maybe a sentiment on them ( .25 cents ) I know I know but here is the thing, they pick them up they start a pile... then they add them up, then they start picking up the cards...

ETA and those tiny 25 cent ones are made from scraps...

some were as much as 2.50 a tag. ( the largest tags i made were 5" x8" ) most of them were sizzix die cuts in the 4X5" size, very layered.

every very layered tag sold, every "guy" themed tag sold.

Every year, I get the comment that there isn't much for guys and every next year, I think...I should add more "guy" stuff, but guess what??? I still lean heavy on feminine designs/colors and items. So, I was not surprised to read that all your guy themed tags sold. Stacy, great thinking on pulling them in with the low price items... I know that's my big weakness And your tags and gift card, etc are beautiful!
__________________
My BLOG;
doorknocker3 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #5818
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick
 
JBgreendawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So. Oregon
Posts: 66,528
Default

That's just a happy observation from watching people shop, it was an happy accident actually. Because, I don't throw things away and my scrap pile is fairly large... so using it up feels like "free money" if something made with it sells. does that make sense? so, when I did it the first year i just didn't price it very high, .25 cents .50 cents.. and people were shocked I think. so, because I had people who ( I'm close to the entrance to the school with this booth) watched people lined up last year who stood in the snow to come in and came straight to my booth first I know that they remembered too.

another thing I do that keeps the cost down is I buy a lot of vintage lace and buttons at yard sales. ( rather then the latest designer embellishments) Im more of a sucker for the newest tool ( dies )

my husband and secretary expect to see packages of vintage buttons all over the place in next years fair haha.
__________________
~Stacy
My Blog
JBgreendawn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #5819
Polyshrink Goddess
 
GRKIDDO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Norriton, PA
Posts: 549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
the tiny little folded 2 1/2" square or 3" square ones that are flat with just maybe a sentiment on them ( .25 cents ) I know I know but here is the thing, they pick them up they start a pile... then they add them up, then they start picking up the cards...

ETA and those tiny 25 cent ones are made from scraps...

some were as much as 2.50 a tag. ( the largest tags i made were 5" x8" ) most of them were sizzix die cuts in the 4X5" size, very layered.

every very layered tag sold, every "guy" themed tag sold.
Ok thanks!!!!
GRKIDDO is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #5820
Polyshrink Goddess
 
GRKIDDO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Norriton, PA
Posts: 549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
So happy for you Good luck for your much awaited fair!
LOL thanks!!! Taking a break although I am looking for ideas for next year so I can create and get ahead.
First let me say that Crafting is my stress reliever. My hubby switches his schedule to 6 pm - 6 am on Jan 1st. He already works 2-1030, so I see some lonely nights in the future. We have kids, but once they are in bed... I guess I will be doing LOTS of crafting!!!
GRKIDDO is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #5821
Stazon Splitcoast
 
pamelak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 11,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
That's just a happy observation from watching people shop, it was an happy accident actually. Because, I don't throw things away and my scrap pile is fairly large... so using it up feels like "free money" if something made with it sells. does that make sense? so, when I did it the first year i just didn't price it very high, .25 cents .50 cents.. and people were shocked I think. so, because I had people who ( I'm close to the entrance to the school with this booth) watched people lined up last year who stood in the snow to come in and came straight to my booth first I know that they remembered too.

another thing I do that keeps the cost down is I buy a lot of vintage lace and buttons at yard sales. ( rather then the latest designer embellishments) Im more of a sucker for the newest tool ( dies )

my husband and secretary expect to see packages of vintage buttons all over the place in next years fair haha.
Stacy, your tags are gorgeous! Resistance is futile. Pam
pamelak is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #5822
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gallup, NM
Posts: 96
Default Acrylic Frames

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
Oh and I forgot to mention that when I went to buy the acrylic frames at Walmart, they no longer sell the 3.5 x 5 frames in the store. I was trying to replenish my stock between my two sales, so I wnet and got the 4 x 6 frames. I didnt like them as much, and didnt think others would either. I had bought a few that were horizontal and once the post it notes were on there was still a lot of unused space, So I had this idea...I took a plain piece of black cardstock cut at 2.5x3.5, punched a large oval out of the upper middle part, tied a ribbon around the bottom, then used some Jolees flowers to add some details. I only made a few but they FLEW off the table!! The vertical frames were easier to space things and I just added a quote, like "Notes", or "Jot this down", which I printed on my computer with different fancy fonts.
I was so disappointed as well that WALM doesnt carry the 3.5x5 so I bought the 4x6 as well. Would love to see yours. I think I am going to stick a small calendar on the other side of mine to fill up the space. Thanks, Maria
stampinrealtor is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #5823
Kookie Creator
 
threeteens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Just north of Whoville in Guelph, Ontario!
Posts: 481
Default

I had two sales last weekend. One was great and one was okay.

Saturday I sold almost $400! Which is awesome because I didn't sell anything over $5! Here's what sold:

Snowman chocolate bars - 10
Candy sticks - 33
Covered Notebooks - 8
Snowman soup - 32 sold out
Bookmarks - 27
Gift card holders - 20
Hand sanitizers - 17
Tooth fairy tins - 17 sold out
Grocery lists - 6
Post its - 16 Finally sold these! Had them for two years!
Calendars - 12
Lip balm purses - 17
Marble magnets - 55 small 9 large popular item again
Wine tags - 4
Gift tags - 7
Pencils 3

Sunday I made about $180. Again not bad for what sold:
Snowman soup - 27
Snowman choc bars - 12
Hand sanitizers - 5
Lip Balm purses - 2
Candy sticks - 12
Bookmarks - 2
Gift card holders - 5
Marble magnets - 39 small and 3 large
Calendars - 4
Grocery list - 1
Wine Tags - 1
Coasters - 1
Paper purses - 3
Covered notebooks - 3
Post its - 2

I posted pictures on my blog if you would like to have a look!

I have one more sale on Thursday at World Vision Canada (hubby works there) and then I will take my leftovers in to my work next week.

Good luck to all who have sales this weekend!
__________________
Sandra

My sometimes neglected blog
threeteens is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:41 AM   #5824
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeteens View Post
I had two sales last weekend. One was great and one was okay.

Saturday I sold almost $400! Which is awesome because I didn't sell anything over $5! Here's what sold:

Snowman chocolate bars - 10
Candy sticks - 33
Covered Notebooks - 8
Snowman soup - 32 sold out
Bookmarks - 27
Gift card holders - 20
Hand sanitizers - 17
Tooth fairy tins - 17 sold out
Grocery lists - 6
Post its - 16 Finally sold these! Had them for two years!
Calendars - 12
Lip balm purses - 17
Marble magnets - 55 small 9 large popular item again
Wine tags - 4
Gift tags - 7
Pencils 3

Sunday I made about $180. Again not bad for what sold:
Snowman soup - 27
Snowman choc bars - 12
Hand sanitizers - 5
Lip Balm purses - 2
Candy sticks - 12
Bookmarks - 2
Gift card holders - 5
Marble magnets - 39 small and 3 large
Calendars - 4
Grocery list - 1
Wine Tags - 1
Coasters - 1
Paper purses - 3
Covered notebooks - 3
Post its - 2

I posted pictures on my blog if you would like to have a look!

I have one more sale on Thursday at World Vision Canada (hubby works there) and then I will take my leftovers in to my work next week.

Good luck to all who have sales this weekend!
Congratulations Sandra!! So happy to know that you did well and all the best for your next one!
__________________
My Blog: Ribbons,etc.
smriti is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #5825
Pearl-ExPert
 
mrussom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinrealtor View Post
I was so disappointed as well that WALM doesnt carry the 3.5x5 so I bought the 4x6 as well. Would love to see yours. I think I am going to stick a small calendar on the other side of mine to fill up the space. Thanks, Maria
I had a post it note and a small calendar (the coaster size from CAT at this site) and designer paper behind all of that. Matching pen - they are in my gallery. They worked out great and sold really well at my sales.
__________________
~~ MARY ~~

MY GALLERY
mrussom is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:55 AM   #5826
Hardware Hotshot
 
tmurph36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Between a corn field and a bean field~
Posts: 4,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
Im home

Okay my booth is "cards and tags" this is the third year doing this two day sale. ( booth cost is 30.00) every year is better then the year before. this year I added some bagged cocoa sacks (sold all at 3.50 each photos are in tag/gift card album i have in the gallery here) all the vintage buttons in old jello molds sold also, the vintage lace only sold one of the wide ones and no others. so everything else that sold is an one of a kind card or tag. total profits for the two days are 460.25.

this year's booth display are on my blog tonight.

This is held in a private school as part of their biggest fundraiser they do for the school during the year, in addition to the booth cost I also donated a basket with 24 tags inside of it.
so, this is the "big deal" craft thing here where i live ( there are others not as nice) this one is only hand made or antiques and so it has a waiting list to get a spot but, when I took mine i took the "un-sellable" space in a hallway between two big rooms ( cafeteria and gym i think) that table in the photo is an 6' table.

oh and people here kept telling me you should package your cards and sell them in "sets" did 4 boxed ( clear boxes) sets, two full sized cards and two gift card sized sets... none sold.
Sounds like you did great Stacy.... someday I will try a craft faire
__________________
Tammy~
Scatter seeds of kindness everywhere you go; Scatter bits of courtesy~ Watch them grow and grow. Amy R. Raabe
tmurph36 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:11 AM   #5827
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 120
Default

For cards, I find it's better to give a discount on multiple cards than to package them in sets. For example, if your cards are $2 each, sell 3 for $5. You'll sell more 3 for $5 than if you had a pre-made packet of 3 cards for $5. People like to pick out individual cards.
__________________
My Crafty Creations Blog
dianneo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:53 AM   #5828
Insane Embellisher
 
Lorri.V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver Island,BC
Posts: 962
Default

I sell my regular cards 3.50 or 3 for 10.00. I have about 1/4 left from when I started these craft sales in November. started at just over 200 I did way better with craft sales than my regular market in the summer months. I am trying to make up a couple more for today.

Reindeer poop stills stops them to look, those cute angel or snowman wrapped chocolate bars were a complete bust for me.

There is no telling what people will buy.

Lorri
Lorri.V. is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #5829
Gabfest Goddess
 
Cathy H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: California
Posts: 7,238
Default

Lorrie, where did you get the template for the snowman and angel wrapped Hershey bars? I have some extra chocolate and am looking for something different to do. . .
__________________
Cathy H

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Cathy H is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #5830
Rubber Obsessor
 
madmichelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wollongong, just south of Sydney, Australia
Posts: 186
Default multiple card sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianneo View Post
For cards, I find it's better to give a discount on multiple cards than to package them in sets. For example, if your cards are $2 each, sell 3 for $5. You'll sell more 3 for $5 than if you had a pre-made packet of 3 cards for $5. People like to pick out individual cards.
I wholehearted agree with this assessment, even as a buyer, I prefer to make my own selection. Also as the sales person, I just wrap everything singly and don't have to worry about changing the wrapping. The only time I have actual card sets is when they are all copies of the same card (which bores me to make) so what I do is make thematic sets whether it be cowboy cards, purple flowers or what ever theme I come up with!
__________________
Michelle
http://inkspirationaldesigns.blogspot.com/
madmichelle is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #5831
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NE Missouri
Posts: 6
Default

Subbing to this thread
jeanie0469 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #5832
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,017
Default craft fairs

Ok- just finished my last show of the year (well 1 more in my house this weekend)
Fee was $85 for 2 days 10-4..I have been trying to get into this show for years- its juried and for some reason there were applications sent out to students and my friends son attends the school, so thats how I got in.
Let me start by saying I have done 2 full day shows and 3 boutique shows like 3 hours..the big shows I averaged $120 fee $45-$50
the 3 hour ones $250-$300
This last one- $1400.00!!
I almost fell off the chair when I was done totaling up the days.
Saturday was like a hoard of locust. It was 2-3 deep at my table all day- many people came back on Sunday and said they couldnt get near my table Sat so they had to come back! woo hoo
I sold out of a few things so I went home, got supplies, started remaking- but so tired went to bed at 9, got up at 3 and worked my fingers to the bones...made probably 150 things that morning- sold maybe 20! figures
Things that have not sold at other shows went like crazy
top sellers:
beaded pens
magnets
snowman candy bars
popcorn sliders
hohoho nugget boxes
m&m tubes
gift card holders
angry bird book marks
I couldnt keep track of what was being sold- just to crazy
Also what really helped sales was that I can take credit cards now with the square and my new phone- people sure do spend alot more when they can charge it.
Sure hope I get into the show again next year- it was a 6 ft table...now to decide if I should get 2 spaces next time and bring more stuff
I'm not going to do the 2 long shows that I did this year- seem to do worse each year

I hope everyone has a profitable year- and a Happy Holiday Season
craftsrlb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #5833
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 2,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsrlb View Post
Ok- just finished my last show of the year (well 1 more in my house this weekend)
Fee was $85 for 2 days 10-4..I have been trying to get into this show for years- its juried and for some reason there were applications sent out to students and my friends son attends the school, so thats how I got in.
Let me start by saying I have done 2 full day shows and 3 boutique shows like 3 hours..the big shows I averaged $120 fee $45-$50
the 3 hour ones $250-$300
This last one- $1400.00!!
I almost fell off the chair when I was done totaling up the days.
Saturday was like a hoard of locust. It was 2-3 deep at my table all day- many people came back on Sunday and said they couldnt get near my table Sat so they had to come back! woo hoo
I sold out of a few things so I went home, got supplies, started remaking- but so tired went to bed at 9, got up at 3 and worked my fingers to the bones...made probably 150 things that morning- sold maybe 20! figures
Things that have not sold at other shows went like crazy
top sellers:
beaded pens
magnets
snowman candy bars
popcorn sliders
hohoho nugget boxes
m&m tubes
gift card holders
angry bird book marks
I couldnt keep track of what was being sold- just to crazy
Also what really helped sales was that I can take credit cards now with the square and my new phone- people sure do spend alot more when they can charge it.
Sure hope I get into the show again next year- it was a 6 ft table...now to decide if I should get 2 spaces next time and bring more stuff
I'm not going to do the 2 long shows that I did this year- seem to do worse each year

I hope everyone has a profitable year- and a Happy Holiday Season
That is fabulous! Congratulations to you!! A very good start to the holiday season
__________________
My Blog: Ribbons,etc.
smriti is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #5834
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,017
Default

Thank you!!
My husband has been out of work since May- I prayed hard the night before for a good show- as the mortgage is due the 1st....and he sure answered my prayers...just what we needed when we needed it most.
I'm doing to start early making things for next year, so I dont sell out of things the first day if I can help it.
craftsrlb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #5835
Gabfest Goddess
 
Cathy H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: California
Posts: 7,238
Default

Congrats!
__________________
Cathy H

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Cathy H is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #5836
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indianapolis - GO COLTS!
Posts: 79
Default

Does anyone know how to classify 'our' business in the NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) when setting up a bona fide business w/in one's state? I need to apply for an INDIANA Sales Tax cert, but I have no idea what to select for this area?? I have no idea where to look on the Boards, so THANK YOU in advance if I'm tromping in old soil here....cannot seem to find a clear answer on the web...probably not looking in the right place or asking the question correctly/clearly!? THANKS!!
__________________
Kim
www.kcarddesigns.biz

I have a creative gene...it comes from my Father, the Author of Creativity!
kkccmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #5837
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,017
Default

Here in NY I filed for a DBA (doing business as) so its my name...DBA..paperdaisys.
I have a tax ID number, and I file with my regular income tax, with my social security number as a dba- not a whole seperate return. I classify retail- as I sell my items online,craft shows etc.
Hope this helps
craftsrlb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #5838
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsrlb View Post
Ok- just finished my last show of the year (well 1 more in my house this weekend)
Fee was $85 for 2 days 10-4..I have been trying to get into this show for years- its juried and for some reason there were applications sent out to students and my friends son attends the school, so thats how I got in.
Let me start by saying I have done 2 full day shows and 3 boutique shows like 3 hours..the big shows I averaged $120 fee $45-$50
the 3 hour ones $250-$300
This last one- $1400.00!!
I almost fell off the chair when I was done totaling up the days.
Saturday was like a hoard of locust. It was 2-3 deep at my table all day- many people came back on Sunday and said they couldnt get near my table Sat so they had to come back! woo hoo
I sold out of a few things so I went home, got supplies, started remaking- but so tired went to bed at 9, got up at 3 and worked my fingers to the bones...made probably 150 things that morning- sold maybe 20! figures
Things that have not sold at other shows went like crazy
top sellers:
beaded pens
magnets
snowman candy bars
popcorn sliders
hohoho nugget boxes
m&m tubes
gift card holders
angry bird book marks
I couldnt keep track of what was being sold- just to crazy
Also what really helped sales was that I can take credit cards now with the square and my new phone- people sure do spend alot more when they can charge it.
Sure hope I get into the show again next year- it was a 6 ft table...now to decide if I should get 2 spaces next time and bring more stuff
I'm not going to do the 2 long shows that I did this year- seem to do worse each year

I hope everyone has a profitable year- and a Happy Holiday Season
I am so happy for your great sales - and when you need it most is even better!
Post some pics if you have any please!
DianeCraft is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #5839
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,017
Default

Thank you...it sure is.
There are some pics in my gallery of my first show set up, so it looks the same.
The candy boxes are a bit further back as is most of the stuff I made- alot I have sold out of- and I am not making more! (im not- no really) ok maybe just a few things for gifts.
will we ever stop?
craftsrlb is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #5840
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indianapolis - GO COLTS!
Posts: 79
Default

WOW....THAT IS SO FANTASTIC!! and I know how exhausted you must be...congrats on SUCH a successful show! Hoping my FIRST-EVER booth is even 1/2 that popular!! KUDOS!
__________________
Kim
www.kcarddesigns.biz

I have a creative gene...it comes from my Father, the Author of Creativity!
kkccmom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off