Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #5401
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtsyCrandalian View Post
I have a question- I'm doing a craft show and wanted your opinion on something. How much would you pay for this bracelet? They are my best sellers online but I'm willing to change it up for a craft show.
http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.193751683.jpg
They are made from coke tabs and I have lots of colors available for the cord!
I am not good with pricing either, but bumping so that maybe someone else could help. Very cute!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:41 AM   #5402
Cardstock Collector

Default price

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2106 View Post
I'm sorry - I'm not good with pricing, but that is really cute! What do you sell them for online?
Online I sell them for about $5.50 but fees really kick in! Would you have guessed lower or higher? Please be honest- I won't be offended

How about at the show I do
$5 each
2 for $8 and
3 for $12?
Old 07-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #5403
Inking Addict

Quote:
Online I sell them for about $5.50 but fees really kick in! Would you have guessed lower or higher? Please be honest- I won't be offended

How about at the show I do
$5 each
2 for $8 and
3 for $12?
I was going to say $5. I'd pay $5. Then I was going to say $6-8, but I don't think I'd pay that. I like it a lot, though!

Good luck!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #5404
Inking Addict

oops

Last edited by am2106; 07-26-2011 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: duplicate post
Old 07-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #5405
Pearl-ExPert

Those bracelets are really cute. $5-6 seems like a good price I would think. Hope they sell for you.

MY GALLERY
Old 07-28-2011, 07:06 AM   #5406
Cardstock Collector

Default marbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribelle3 View Post
Ok, here are 3 of the little glass pebble magnets I've made. What do you think I should charge for these? TIA!
These are cute! I've been looking into making these and I know where to get the marbles, but how do you cut out the paper to fit on the back?

As for the price, I might charge $1 or $1.50- or even $2 depending on how much it costs you to make.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #5407
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
These are cute! I've been looking into making these and I know where to get the marbles, but how do you cut out the paper to fit on the back?

As for the price, I might charge $1 or $1.50- or even $2 depending on how much it costs you to make.

I purchased the larger marbles because the Stampin Up 1" punch fits perfectly on the back.

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Old 07-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #5408
Compulsive Stamper

I have been making these for at least the last 3 years. I sell them for $1 each or 6 for $5. The glass marbles I get cost me about $.18 each if I don't have a coupon. I started out with just a few and last year my inventory was about 500 and I sold about 1/2. I didn't do a lot of shows last year because of all the surgeries I had.
I have some images I do over and over again and I add something new each year. Some magnets I have had since the beginning and have been surprised when they sell. Like I had princess Diana the entire time and just sold her at the only summer show I do. Of course that person also bought William and Kate.
I use ModPodge to adhere the images to the glass and the magnet to the back. I just put the image on the glass and once it has dried use a small scissors to trim the image. I seal the edge of the paper and the back with modpodge.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #5409
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsskgilbert View Post
I purchased the larger marbles because the Stampin Up 1" punch fits perfectly on the back.
Okay I am curious where you get the larger ones? I have looked around and the only ones I found in the stores aren't really round.

Thanks for any info you can share!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:53 PM   #5410
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
Okay I am curious where you get the larger ones? I have looked around and the only ones I found in the stores aren't really round.

Thanks for any info you can share!
I found mine at The Dollar Store as well as a local craft supply store Ben Franklin. I am in CA so Im not sure I can be much help for you.

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Old 07-28-2011, 06:57 PM   #5411
Compulsive Stamper

I get mine at JoAnns and they are not perfectly round. People don't seem to care for the magnets. Now if I was doing pendants I'd want round ones.

This place has round ones.

Glass Gems & Marbles from Wholesalers USA

You could also look on etsy.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #5412
Cardstock Collector

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronzfrog View Post
I have been making these for at least the last 3 years. I sell them for $1 each or 6 for $5. The glass marbles I get cost me about $.18 each if I don't have a coupon. I started out with just a few and last year my inventory was about 500 and I sold about 1/2. I didn't do a lot of shows last year because of all the surgeries I had.
I have some images I do over and over again and I add something new each year. Some magnets I have had since the beginning and have been surprised when they sell. Like I had princess Diana the entire time and just sold her at the only summer show I do. Of course that person also bought William and Kate.
I use ModPodge to adhere the images to the glass and the magnet to the back. I just put the image on the glass and once it has dried use a small scissors to trim the image. I seal the edge of the paper and the back with modpodge.
Thanks for the info! What are some of your popular images? Also, where do you buy your glass marbles and magnets? I might use Glass Tile - Lowest Prices! unless I can find better prices.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:01 AM   #5413
Crimping Master

Default Pebble Magnets

I have been selling these for the last few years with great success! I get my pebbles in the flower section of Michael's. They are $2.49 for about 25 of them - but I normally get them with a coupon, so fairly inexpensive. They aren't totally round either but that really hasn't been an issue.

I sell them for $1.00 each. I also use some pretty heavy-duty magnets for the back. I get those here:

Hope that helps....now I need to come up with a better idea for my display....I have been using the backs of cookie sheets that I attached to my tables, but they take up a lot of table room - need to go vertical! Any suggestions?

TIA
Beth

Last edited by kaitysmom; 08-02-2011 at 04:06 AM..
Old 08-02-2011, 05:25 AM   #5414
Compulsive Stamper

Default vertical display

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitysmom View Post
I have been selling these for the last few years with great success! I get my pebbles in the flower section of Michael's. They are $2.49 for about 25 of them - but I normally get them with a coupon, so fairly inexpensive. They aren't totally round either but that really hasn't been an issue.

I sell them for $1.00 each. I also use some pretty heavy-duty magnets for the back. I get those here:

Hope that helps....now I need to come up with a better idea for my display....I have been using the backs of cookie sheets that I attached to my tables, but they take up a lot of table room - need to go vertical! Any suggestions?

TIA
Beth
If you want to go veritcal with your display - try getting a large easel in the picture frame section of the craft store. Hopefully you can find one that will hold a cookie sheet. Another option would be to cover a metal paint can, popcorn tin or coffee can with decorative paper and display your magnets that way.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:04 AM   #5415
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisahoag View Post
If you want to go veritcal with your display - try getting a large easel in the picture frame section of the craft store. Hopefully you can find one that will hold a cookie sheet. Another option would be to cover a metal paint can, popcorn tin or coffee can with decorative paper and display your magnets that way.
How about displaying them in a picture frame? Find a cheap one (guady and paint it) at a yard sale, put some sheet metal in the frame and then put the frame on an inexpensive easel? Vertical and off the table.
I used the cookie sheet idea for my last fair also and put it on a table easel. It was kind of shaky, a bigger easel or plate stand would have been better, but it was a last minute idea.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #5416
Mad Swapper

Quote:
That's what I was thinking of also. You could probably make one of these for half the price if you have a drill. Just take the picture to Home Depot or Lowe's and they will even help you find all the materials. (or rather, mine will 'cause we have the best customer service; i don't know about where you live).

Just make sure the board is magnetic. I was surprised at some metal surfaces that I thought were magnetic and aren't.

Walmart.com: Guidecraft Tabletop Big Book Easel: Crafts
Old 08-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #5417
Rubber Obsessor

For all of you that have made pebble magnets...

What type of glue do you use to adhere the magnets, paper, and pebbles together?

Does anyone have trouble with air bubbles? I have tried to squish out the air bubbles, but when they are dry they air bubbles seem to have magically reappeared.

Thanks.
~Susan~
Old 08-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #5418
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleEagle08 View Post

What type of glue do you use to adhere the magnets, paper, and pebbles together?

Does anyone have trouble with air bubbles? I have tried to squish out the air bubbles, but when they are dry they air bubbles seem to have magically reappeared.

Thanks.
~Susan~
I use Crystal Effects (or Glossy Accents) to attach both the paper/picture to the pebble as well as to attach the magnet. I put a plop of CE in the middle of the paper and then swirl the pebble around on the paper to distribute the CE over the paper. I've never had air bubbles, doing it this way.
Hope this helps.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #5419
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleEagle08 View Post

Thanks.
~Susan~
I use tacky glue. It is so cheap and easy.
I squish the pebble down and never have a problem with air bubbles when working with the smaller pebbles. The 1" pebbles take a bit more attention. I find because the tacky glue is initially foggy, air bubbles are easy to see and squish out.
Also, if you make a mistake ... just drop the pebble into a cup of water and wait an hour and clean it off - you have the fresh pebble to start again.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #5420
Insane Embellisher

Does anybody know of a supplier for the rare earth magnets at a reasonable price?

I am searching for 1/2" size or larger please. Etsy costs are way too high, and so are e-bay.
I am sure I found some cheaper before, but can't remember where. Thx.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #5421
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
Does anybody know of a supplier for the rare earth magnets at a reasonable price?

I am searching for 1/2" size or larger please. Etsy costs are way too high, and so are e-bay.
50 Neodymium disc 1/2 inch X 1/16" rare earth magnets | eBay

I have seen them mostly on sale for 40cents each. These are the cheapest I have found at 30cents each. Do you remember how much you paid for them in the past?
Old 08-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #5422
Matboard Maniac

I have ordered for KJ Magnetics. See how their prices are for what you need.
K&J Magnetics - Product Categories
Old 08-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #5423
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post

Here's a Buy it Now price on ebay with a current listing. 100 1/2" for $16.35 with free shipping.

100 1/2 inch X 1/16" Neodymium Disc Rare Earth Magnet | eBay

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 08-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #5424
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by not2shabbydesigns View Post
50 Neodymium disc 1/2 inch X 1/16" rare earth magnets | eBay

I have seen them mostly on sale for 40cents each. These are the cheapest I have found at 30cents each. Do you remember how much you paid for them in the past?
I paid $11 for 100 before. If I had known what a deal it was - I sure would have bought more!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:40 PM   #5425
Rubber Obsessor

This is off topic, but if anyone makes altered comp books they are on sale at Staples until Wednesday, but only in some areas. You might want to check your ad. They are 10 cents with a limit of 2 in some stores and 25 cents with no limit in some stores. I took a picture of the 10 cents ad and bought them at Walmart with 'price matching' and they didn't limit the amount. If they aren't in your ad yet, the Staples rep. says they should be soon.
Judi
Old 08-09-2011, 04:00 AM   #5426
Polyshrink Goddess

Do you just take them to the register with the ad? I have never done the price matching there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorjudi View Post
This is off topic, but if anyone makes altered comp books they are on sale at Staples until Wednesday, but only in some areas. You might want to check your ad. They are 10 cents with a limit of 2 in some stores and 25 cents with no limit in some stores. I took a picture of the 10 cents ad and bought them at Walmart with 'price matching' and they didn't limit the amount. If they aren't in your ad yet, the Staples rep. says they should be soon.
Judi
Old 08-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #5427
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by patscrap View Post
Do you just take them to the register with the ad? I have never done the price matching there.

Walmart's big sales campaign is that your don't have to have the competitors' ads and they will still match the price. My Walmart has most of the local ads posted in the front of the store. I wanted Crayola crayons that were cheapest in an ad they did not have posted. I told them the price and they matched it; no questions asked. For the 10 cent comp books I took a snapshot of the ad on my computer monitor, and took my camera to the store (I didn't have the ad). Some stores will match, some will tell you it is a Staples brand item, and they sell the Walmart brand, so they won't match. Good Luck!
Judi
Old 08-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #5428
SCS BRAK Coordinator

Our Walmart has all the ads at Customer Service. We just went to them and they said they would honor the price that Staples advertised. Great customer service from Walmart I would say. I even bought a cricut on Black Friday that way.

Design Team for Two Paper Divas and Twisted Tuesday Challenges and
Meljen's Designs
Old 08-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #5429
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
I am curious...to those in the USA Where do you all find the great wire racks for cards, the acrylic racks for various items? I would love to get my hands on some of these! Any help would be great!!!
Thanks!
Here is a place I have found online for getting those wire racks to display cards. i haven't ordered yet, but plan to.

Greeting Card Displays: Greeting Card Holders for sale many different pocket configurations and materials. Available online from Displays2go

Paula

Old 08-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #5430
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
Our Walmart has all the ads at Customer Service. We just went to them and they said they would honor the price that Staples advertised. Great customer service from Walmart I would say. I even bought a cricut on Black Friday that way.
if you have a smart phone-some stores will just scan the ad~ too cool
Old 08-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #5431
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by taclary View Post
I went to a local Walmart and asked the girl at the customer service desk if I could get more than the limit that Staples had put on the special. She walked over to her Customer Service Manager and verified that I would not have a limit. She just told me to come back to her to check out. After shopping (and loading my cart with a TON of composition books), I returned to the customer service counter, but my girl was gone! I explained to the new girl what had happened, and she called the CSM over to verify the price match. The CSM said that they would not do the price match since the ad listed the item as "Staples Brand". Seriously!? The lesson here is that I should have gone right away to get the books and had girl #1 ring me up, put the books in my car and then do the rest of my shopping...
Old 08-12-2011, 04:32 AM   #5432
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsOcean View Post
Here is a place I have found online for getting those wire racks to display cards. i haven't ordered yet, but plan to.

Greeting Card Displays: Greeting Card Holders for sale many different pocket configurations and materials. Available online from Displays2go

Paula

This is awesome Paula!! THANK YOU!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:01 AM   #5433
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
I went to a local Walmart and asked the girl at the customer service desk if I could get more than the limit that Staples had put on the special. She walked over to her Customer Service Manager and verified that I would not have a limit. She just told me to come back to her to check out. After shopping (and loading my cart with a TON of composition books), I returned to the customer service counter, but my girl was gone! I explained to the new girl what had happened, and she called the CSM over to verify the price match. The CSM said that they would not do the price match since the ad listed the item as "Staples Brand". Seriously!? The lesson here is that I should have gone right away to get the books and had girl #1 ring me up, put the books in my car and then do the rest of my shopping...
If you can wait a little longer, Staples will have their comp books for .25 each. It's not .10 but still a good deal! Not sure of the week, but will keep you posted - my neighbor works there and said that it is supposed to happen "soon".

I actually prefer the Staples brand over any other brand - I kinda have an OCD thing going with my paper products and I just like the quality better! I have been using them for about 4 years in my craft shows with lots of success - probably one of my best sellers!

HTH!
Beth
Old 08-12-2011, 06:17 AM   #5434
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
If you can wait a little longer, Staples will have their comp books for .25 each. It's not .10 but still a good deal! Not sure of the week, but will keep you posted - my neighbor works there and said that it is supposed to happen "soon".

I actually prefer the Staples brand over any other brand - I kinda have an OCD thing going with my paper products and I just like the quality better! I have been using them for about 4 years in my craft shows with lots of success - probably one of my best sellers!

HTH!
Beth
Beth, Do you have any pictures to share of your altered comp books? How much do you charge for them? TIA Lisa
Old 08-12-2011, 07:02 AM   #5435
Mad Swapper

Quote:

HTH!
Beth
Beth,

I was planning on waiting for WalMart to reduce the price to a quarter, but I have never bought the Staples Brand before... I will have to try them out. Is it the actual lined paper that you feel is a better quality?
Old 08-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #5436
Crimping Master

Quote:
Beth, Do you have any pictures to share of your altered comp books? How much do you charge for them? TIA Lisa
I found a few pictures from a couple years ago (see below links to my blog), I guess I didn't take pix last year? I charge $5.00 for them without the pen. But I do make beaded pens that match to sell along side these. Might think about doing a package deal this year?

I don't cover the inside - due to the time and extra cost and have not had any issues or requests. I don't cover the spine with cardstock because in my opinion it makes them difficult to open and they get creased where the cardstock binding is? I usually just tie ribbon or glue a strip of contrasting DSP to cover seam on left hand side. I also attach a ribbon bookmark as well. Then I place the notebook in a plastic bag so that they don't get all "handled" at the shows!

Blooming Where I'm Planted.....: More Composition Notebooks

Blooming Where I'm Planted.....: Gearing Up for Fall Crafts Shows

HTH!
Good Luck with your coming shows
Beth
Old 08-12-2011, 07:41 AM   #5437
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
Beth,

I was planning on waiting for WalMart to reduce the price to a quarter, but I have never bought the Staples Brand before... I will have to try them out. Is it the actual lined paper that you feel is a better quality?
Yep! The paper is smoother and I have never had any issues with the binding coming loose! Just my preference I guess
Old 08-12-2011, 08:21 AM   #5438
Watercolor Wizard

For those making altered comp books, a nice addition is a matching RSVP pen. I've seen them beaded, and they are beautiful, but a lot of trouble. I usually just took a piece of matching paper from the book, about 3/4" x the inside length of the pen. Roll the paper tightly. Unscrew the bottom, and insert the rolled paper. Then tie a couple of tiny matching ribbons around the cap. Looks really cute and it's easy.

And I wanted to share one of the best crafting blogs on the internet. Kerry is the most talented person ever! She recently had her first baby, darling Brook, but that hasn't stopped her from making lots of wonderful things. Here is a link to her great blog:

Altered Stuff

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 08-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #5439
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
I found a few pictures from a couple years ago (see below links to my blog), I guess I didn't take pix last year? I charge $5.00 for them without the pen. But I do make beaded pens that match to sell along side these. Might think about doing a package deal this year?

I don't cover the inside - due to the time and extra cost and have not had any issues or requests. I don't cover the spine with cardstock because in my opinion it makes them difficult to open and they get creased where the cardstock binding is? I usually just tie ribbon or glue a strip of contrasting DSP to cover seam on left hand side. I also attach a ribbon bookmark as well. Then I place the notebook in a plastic bag so that they don't get all "handled" at the shows!

Blooming Where I'm Planted.....: More Composition Notebooks

Blooming Where I'm Planted.....: Gearing Up for Fall Crafts Shows

HTH!
Good Luck with your coming shows
Beth
I LOVE THESE - so pretty. Well, I like evverything on your blog actually One question though - do you attach the ribbon bookmarker to the inside notebook (like with Sticky Strip) or do you just lay the ribbon in the notebook? Thanks again for sharing - Lisa
Old 08-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #5440
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
I LOVE THESE - so pretty. Well, I like evverything on your blog actually One question though - do you attach the ribbon bookmarker to the inside notebook (like with Sticky Strip) or do you just lay the ribbon in the notebook? Thanks again for sharing - Lisa
I can't type today! I meant to ask if you attach one end of the ribbon to the inside cover of the notebook, like with a piece of sticky strip.