Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #481
Pearl-ExPert

I am entering my first craft fair ever. I want to sell the altered lunch tins and covered journals and cards. I live in the central california area. I have no idea what to sell these items for, especially the altered lunch tins. Any help would be appreciated.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #482
Pearl-ExPert

Oh, also, I was wondering your opinions. The fair I am selling my stuff at is called a holiday marketplace, and will be selling such stuff as home and garden decor, handcrafted jewelry, elegant novely items etc. Will this make it hard to sell my handmade cards, tins, etc.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:48 PM   #483
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ4417 View Post
I am entering my first craft fair ever. I want to sell the altered lunch tins and covered journals and cards. I live in the central california area. I have no idea what to sell these items for, especially the altered lunch tins. Any help would be appreciated.
I sell my covered journals for $7 and my cards are $2.50 ea. or 5 for $10. As for the altered lunch tins, it really depends on how intricate they are. Do they include dividers, matching pen? I sold mine at $20 and that included the dividers and 5 cards of their choice.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #484
Insane Embellisher

So, I am anxiously awaiting my craft fair tomorrow. I got to set some stuff up tonight. I did do a walk around and there are 2 other people who have made cards. So, I don't know if they will go over as well as my other items, but who knows. I need to go finish up a few more things for it. I am packing up some of my stamping stuff so that I can work on things while it is slow.

SusieQ --> I am selling my luchbox tins for $15, but I do not have dividers in them.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #485
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelina0783 View Post
So, I am anxiously awaiting my craft fair tomorrow. I got to set some stuff up tonight. I did do a walk around and there are 2 other people who have made cards. So, I don't know if they will go over as well as my other items, but who knows. I need to go finish up a few more things for it. I am packing up some of my stamping stuff so that I can work on things while it is slow.

SusieQ --> I am selling my luchbox tins for $15, but I do not have dividers in them.
you're so lucky that you got to set up tonight. I have to do it in the am. I'm really anxious about the craft fair tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect since this is my very first one. I will tell you that i had a dream last night...and no one stopped by my booth. i woke up very sad. For anyone and everyone who has a sale tomorrow, good luck! hope you sell out of everything!
Old 11-10-2007, 02:24 AM   #486
Stazon Splitcoast

I thought I'd posted this question on one of the craft show threads but now I can't find it, so I'll ask (again?).

Does anyone have suggestions on what to sell the "Whisking you a Merry Christmas" whisks for? They look like: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...20361?si=whisk

Whisk - $1.08, kisses ~$.35 (found a great sale), ribbon, CS and wrap - certainly no more than $.25.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:29 AM   #487
Pearl-ExPert

subscribing
Old 11-10-2007, 05:43 AM   #488
Rubber Obsessor

For my upcoming craft show, thought I would try a new approach...to get new S.U. customers. My thought is to have a display of Stampin Up cards & projects, demo the Three for You Punch box & try to get orders! (If you havent purchase one, it is TOO CUTE and would make a great Christmas gift!!!) Items "for sale" would be retired stamp sets and some altered clip boards & matching pens. The craft bazzar is at a church-school and the clip boards would make great teacher gifts. The Christmas Fudge candy bars are a great idea! I have done craft shows in the past and HATE taking home all the unsold items!

Have any of you gals tried the Stampin' UP! approach and what response have you had?

Thanks so much for sharing!!!
Beth
Old 11-10-2007, 08:08 AM   #489
Cardstock Collector

I had two shows last weekend and another show next weekend. Last Friday was at a hospital. I think I did very well, $250. My most expensive item is a paper christmas tree at $10 and I had several items at .50 & $1. I sold 30 Scrapbook In A Box at $5 each. Nugget purses, nugget boxes, strawberries with hugs and kisses inside them, high heel shoes and business card holders with a bookmark paper clip. I received several compliments and some outside orders. My Saturday show was a wash. I made my booth rent and after I bought my noodles from the noodle lady, I was even.
Next weekend is a sorority which charges admission into the show. There will be close to 100 vendors. It should be a good day.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:42 AM   #490
Polyshrink Goddess

Found this thread and just thought I would share too-
Did my first ever craft show at the school that I teach at.
Made around 180 bucks...Sold cards, frames, paperclips, candles, notecubes, pens, notepads. Did fairly well. Was about 30 vendors there. I got two contacts and lots of people gave compliments. I was pleased over-all. Tried to get into a few other local shows but too late-Oh well. At this point, I am simply trying to get my name out there.

Hope everyone is having fun this holiday craft season!
Old 11-10-2007, 11:09 AM   #491
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Need Display Help!

I too will be in a craft fair in December. It's an 8x8 space. Any pictures or set up and display ideas would be HUGELY appreciated!!

Thanks,
Jeannie
http://dragonflyjourneys.blogspot.com/
jeannie.thomas@yahoo.com
Old 11-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #492
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindylou1220 View Post
I thought I'd posted this question on one of the craft show threads but now I can't find it, so I'll ask (again?).

Does anyone have suggestions on what to sell the "Whisking you a Merry Christmas" whisks for? They look like: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...20361?si=whisk

Whisk - $1.08, kisses ~$.35 (found a great sale), ribbon, CS and wrap - certainly no more than $.25.
I usually double what it costs to make it. I would pay $4 for these. They are really cute!
Old 11-10-2007, 03:16 PM   #493
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindylou1220 View Post

I was going to say either $4 of $5.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #494
Insane Embellisher

I didn't sell a lot of items at my craft fair. I made about $67, and the table was $25 so I profited $42. I think overall it was good. I know what to make more and what to make less of. I don't think that it helped that there were like 3 other people selling papercrafts. It was a good time, and I enjoyed it.

For my very first craft fair, I think I did really good.

Here is the tally of what sold. It is in order of best sellers.

Snowman Soup -- $2 -- made 12 -- sold all
M&M Christmas -- $1.50 --made 12 -- sold 6
Cards -- $2.50 of 5/$10 -- sold 6 -- 1 individual, 5 together
Homemade Fudge -- Small -- $1 -- sold 5
Medium -- $2 -- none
Large -- $4 -- none
Flower Pens -- $1 -- sold 2
Painted Wooden Ornaments -- $1 -- sold 2
Post-it Note Holder -- $3 -- sold 2
Rudolf's Red Nose repair Kit -- $1.50 -- sold 1
Altered Clipboard --$8.00 -- none sold, but have an order for a specially made one.

Sold none of the following
Gift card holders -- $1
Gift bags or boxes --$2
Mini Notebooks -- $3
Composition Books with matching pen. -- $5
Altered Lunch Box Tins -- $15
Toothfairy boxes -- $4

I was pleased with my outcome. I got alot of compliments on my stuff. I did hear a lot of people say they were just coming for ideas or they needed to go home and make their cards and stuff like that.

My thinking is that I have a lot of Christmas gifts done. Hope everyone else did well today.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #495
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavias Charms View Post
you're so lucky that you got to set up tonight. I have to do it in the am. I'm really anxious about the craft fair tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect since this is my very first one. I will tell you that i had a dream last night...and no one stopped by my booth. i woke up very sad. For anyone and everyone who has a sale tomorrow, good luck! hope you sell out of everything!
There were some people that came in the AM to set up. They arrived after I did and I arrived at 6:30. I would have felt so rushed.
How was your sale? It was my first one too.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:05 PM   #496
Kookie Creator

Send a message via MSN to scrapgirl72

I did my 2nd craft fair today. It was only four hours, and there didn't seem to be a lot of traffic, but I came home with nearly $70 more than I left with and an order for three altered letters. A few more people took my cards and they may contact me for special projects.

What sold for me today:

Christmas Post-it note holders - $2 each, sold 8
ID Badge Mini-Albums - $4 each - sold 10 (these sold really well at my first fair, too)
Altered Frame - $6 each, sold 1
Chipboard Coaster size spiral bound journal - $5, sold 1
Altered Letters - $7 each, received order for three

I didn't sell any of my mini-composition notebooks w/pens, or my larger spiral-bound journals.

I have another fair next Saturday at a larger venue and plan to add a few nugget boxes or tents, large paperclip bookmarks, and some more Christmas themed items as that seems to be what people are looking for right now.

Mī Designs
Old 11-11-2007, 12:18 AM   #497
Pearl-ExPert

What would one charge for the tea bag holders decorated with a christmas picture, etc., and tied with ribbon
Old 11-11-2007, 03:13 AM   #498
Matboard Maniac

Default craft fair display

Here are two pictures of my craft fair display from last weekend. My friend and I shared a booth...we have done this several times. It works for us because we can have a double booth and set it up how we please and also we are guaranteed to be together...so we have someone to talk to throughout the day. Here stuff is in the middle on a large screen so the pictures might look a little funny.
Attached Thumbnails
100_2531.jpg   100_2533.jpg  
Old 11-11-2007, 05:26 AM   #499
Stampin' Fool

I am doing my 2nd craft fair next weekend. I live in a small town in Iowa, and last year nothen sold over $8. so this year I am keeping it simple.
cards, framed art, {cards in a frame}, beaded pens, doggie treat jars, snowman coasters, christmas bulbs, card candy. I think thats it so far.... I have 5 days left though! I am really excited, and hope it goes well. but our town also has state drill team an hour away and wrestling meets 30 miles, so alittle worried!
Old 11-11-2007, 10:23 AM   #500
Pearl-ExPert

Great ideas everyone!

Jessica
Old 11-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #501
Pearl-ExPert

Great display Heidi! TFS! Gave me some ideas.

My first ever craft show is coming in about 2 weeks. I wiill be making nugget purses. What do you put underneath the candy to make it stay in the purse since the sides are open. Probably a dumb question, but I'm stumped! Thanks for the help.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #502
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ4417 View Post
Great display Heidi! TFS! Gave me some ideas.

My first ever craft show is coming in about 2 weeks. I wiill be making nugget purses. What do you put underneath the candy to make it stay in the purse since the sides are open. Probably a dumb question, but I'm stumped! Thanks for the help.
A glue dot works well. Even just a little strip of Snail should hold it.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:33 PM   #503
Mad Swapper

I just had my Holiday Open house/multi vendor sale and it has a huge hit.
Most popular item was my cards and jumbo paperclip bookmarks. I sold out of these items in only a few hours of the day. About half of my mini comp books and ornaments sold so that was good too. I got alot of orders too.
We are talking about doing another one in the spring. Typically, we only done the holiday show each year, but I think that the spring one would be great too.....since the community ed puts on a huge craft sale at the high school every spring and fall we should do a show then too.
My DD took pics but didn't give them to me yet....I'lll try post in my gallery soon.
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
lfinlay@scicable.com
Old 11-11-2007, 03:33 PM   #504
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks so much! It's so nice to be able to get all our questions answered so quickly.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:13 PM   #505
Insane Embellisher

Location: somewhere between S.K. and waiting for both kids to be in school.
Talking Love this, great ideas ladies..thanks

subscribing.

Gallery
Old 11-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #506
Insane Embellisher

Lots of great ideas in this thread. Just want to give my 2-cents worth on my limited exposure to selling at craft fairs...

Try to put your own spin on ideas---There were less than 15 vendors at a small show I was at this weekend and 2 of them were selling "reindeer poop" and the whisk-ing you a merry Christmas. I had thought about making both, but fortunately I didn't do either since I couldn't figure out how to make them "my own." Maybe use a different candy or add another quippy quote to the label?

Here's an idea though that worked well for me: I wrapped miniature granola bars (found with the marked down halloween candy) with a simple piece of cardstock and decorated with an address label that I had printed out with my little poem below and an image of a reindeer. I used colored pencils on a few little details, and voila! They sold well at 50 cents each. Probably a bigger granola bar with a bigger label would do better since the print was a bit tiny. I think people were happy to have something non-chocolate for a change!

Here's a special little nibble
for when reindeer
visit you;

Just be sure to hide
your Christmas cookies or
they will eat them too!

If you're interested, I can send you the pdf file that I designed to fit 1x2 5/8 inch labels; just PM me. If you do use the idea, it would really, really make my day to let me know what yours look like! Thanks for listening & good luck with your shows!
Old 11-12-2007, 08:53 AM   #507
Cardstock Collector

I did a craft fair in my home a couple years ago and it went well. Just found out about a local one in December so I've decided to try that. I'm looking forward to sharing ideas.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:04 AM   #508
Polyshrink Goddess

subscribing! great thread! enjoying reading the 2 years of chat
Old 11-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #509
Rubber Obsessor

the milk cartoon template in on the stampin up website under boxes in the template area. Hope this helps
Old 11-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #510
Embossing Fanatic

Talking Great Ideas!

subscribing...
Old 11-13-2007, 06:52 AM   #511
Pearl-ExPert

Hey everyone...just thought i'd let you all know how my sil & I did at our craft fair held this past Saturday.
15 sets of tile coasters at $15 each $225
10 binderclips at $3 each (one person bought them all) $30
5 paperclip bookmarks at $2 each $10 (again the same person bought them all)
54 cards at $4 each $216
4 altered composition books at $7 each $28
5 packettes of 4 cards at $15 each. (very simple single layer card with one stamped image in a pockette with a belly band)
We were the only ones selling items like this. People kept asking us where we bought our cards. When we said that we made them...that we made everything on the table...word got out and people started buying them. didn't bat an eye at the price.
We did not sell any bitty books, although lots of people were looking at them. I think that at the next one, we are going to have one open and fill it with pictures...that might help them sell.
We also made lots of gift envies and they didn't sell. At our next fair we are going to put some monopoly money in them and display them differently.
We were told by several people that our prices were too low!
We were talking to several other vendors and they said that this show was very slow, with less traffic than last year. so we were very pleased with our sales.
We were asked to do another show at a private school for the weekend of Dec. 1st. We're all ready!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:10 AM   #512
Matboard Maniac

Lorraine,

You guys did awesome! I still can't believe how different show are. I didn't sell any tile coasters at my last fair...but I'm going to try at the next. Congrats! Do you have pictures of your items or your set up?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:10 AM   #513
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for asking to show some pics. I put them in my gallery in my album titled tiles for craft fair. here's the link
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga....php?cat=11865
Old 11-13-2007, 10:56 AM   #514
Pearl-ExPert

Congratulations! It sounds like you did a wonderful job! I'm glad you had fun and sold so much stuff.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:25 PM   #515
Pearl-ExPert

Congratulations Lorraine!!!!!
You guys did an amazing job. I believe it has all to do how you display your item and you did real good. Did you sell any of these gorgeous altered notebooks? They are stunning.
Again, congratulations.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #516
Pearl-ExPert

I forgot a few things. Yes we did sell two altered notebooks. They were $5 each. And we sold 3 hot plates, they were $8 each. People commented on the scarves, but they did not sell. there were a few other things that we sold too. little stuff. the customers were going nuts over my business cards. LOL! I made business cards the size of ATC's and displayed them in a business card holder. two people bought our business card holders. lmao. we told them that they were part of our display and they wanted them. we told them to make us an offer. we got $8 for each one! only paid $4.99 for them at tjmaxx! go figure!
Old 11-13-2007, 06:39 PM   #517
Matboard Maniac

Lorraine,

Thanks so much for sharing. Your set up looked great and you have beautiful things to sell...congrats!
Old 11-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #518
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Yahoo to ILuv2STAMPinOhio
Default great thread

subscribing

mojoStamper.typepad.com
Old 11-13-2007, 07:41 PM   #519
Insane Embellisher

Location: somewhere between S.K. and waiting for both kids to be in school.
Question Question???

I am sure somebody will know the answer to this.....

does anyone have the poem it has something to do with breakfast...each color of M&M represented a meal....anyone know what I am talking about???

Thanks

Gallery
Old 11-14-2007, 04:58 AM   #520
Compulsive Stamper

just found this thread, I plan to have a craft stall next year and you all have given me a lot of inspiration. thank you all
tina